Author Topic: Luis Suarez - FA guilty charge and LFC Statement (*)  (Read 884557 times)

Offline cox3100

• Would love to congratulate Siralex.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • justice for the 96
Re: Luis Suarez - FA guilty charge and LFC Statement (*)
« Reply #7280 on: December 23, 2011, 08:01:08 pm »
Heard Evra will demand that the Argentine NT be thrown out of Fifa because of this

RACIST BUNCH OF BASTARDS  :no

the fa will probably arrange a friendly with argentina and then report this picture to fifa as racism and demand long international bans for all of them in the hope that england might beat them ;) ::)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Re: Media double standards on racism #2134 - The Daily Mail
« Reply #7281 on: December 23, 2011, 08:01:11 pm »
Get in! Arguing amongst ourselves now. Brilliant stuff!

Merry Christmas everyone!  ::)

That bloody yes started it - he called me a fat bastard

Actually. That's just factually correct :)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #7282 on: December 23, 2011, 08:04:33 pm »
However Martinez at Wigan seems to be excluded from the foreign manager strategy!

Only ever read good stuff about him no matter the result.  Why?

Cos he doesn't manage a side competing for a CL spot, so Whiskynose doesn't mind him.

Watch it all change if he ever does... ;)

Offline MikaelLFC

• King of the Stream
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wir glauben, Jürgen
« Reply #7283 on: December 23, 2011, 08:06:59 pm »
Rawk thread most popular on Redcafe! 722,231  views IN 6 MONTHS!
 :lmao :lmao :lmao
They will forever be in our shadow. Despite their success over the years, Liverpool FC is still the most popular topic on redcafe.

Sums them up really. Haha

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7284 on: December 23, 2011, 08:08:02 pm »
Which is fucking sad, isn't it.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #7285 on: December 23, 2011, 08:11:07 pm »
Funniest thing about that Evra thread is they all fucking hate him :)

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7286 on: December 23, 2011, 08:13:00 pm »
For anyone who's interested, I just consulted my Spanish girlfriend about the word "sudaca." To preface this it must be said that she's got a much different attitude toward racism from mine (I'm American). Since she left the rather traditional confines of Spain she's gathered a lot of friends of many races and is certainly no racist - but she still doesn't, for example, see why the Spanish basketball team's "Chinese eyes" picture from the Beijing Olympics is considered offensive.

So, her description of "sudaca" is basically this: it's definitely a pejorative word, and is considered relatively offensive, but it's not a racial slur on the order of the N word. She describes it as "a way to say South American in a condescending manner without actually speaking in a condescending manner." So if, for example, I were to say "Hey, you should meet my sudaca friend," it wouldn't be as bad as saying "you should meet my friend, who's a dirty South American c**t," but it would be along the lines of "you should meet my friend, who's South American and therefore on the inferior side of the Spanish-speaking coin."

So, long story short, it's only a mildly offensive word but lacks the potential affectionate use of "negrito." It also certainly breaks the FA's stated rule against using someone's nationality/ethnic origins in a disparaging manner.

Offline Bouncer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • "It's not my ego, it's my responsibility" Benitez
« Reply #7287 on: December 23, 2011, 08:14:14 pm »
Sums them up really. Haha

Shower of inadequate, pervy voyeurs if you ask me ... they have the nerve to give Arsene Wenger a hard time ...
Gatusso says that Liverpool play too many long balls?

I don’t think he watches many Liverpool games, the same way I don’t watch many Milan games. (Rafa)

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #7288 on: December 23, 2011, 08:14:18 pm »
Funniest thing about that Evra thread is they all fucking hate him :)
:lmao
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline tamadic

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7289 on: December 23, 2011, 08:18:35 pm »
The FA (Fergie Association) already have their job done. S7 and our team will be distracted. Every time on the pitch, S7 will be booed by the fans from the opposite teams. Let say, even FA finally clear his name (not going to happen), those fans will still keep calling him racist. It will affect his performance or focus somewhat. Nice job, FA.

If the court finds Terry guilty, let see how many games he will be banned.

Offline TheMissionary

• PositionIsSoooooooOrdinary!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's nice, that's McDermott, and that's a goal!!
« Reply #7290 on: December 23, 2011, 08:22:15 pm »
The main thing I've heard from the pious, patronising, offended on behalf of the poor little angel Evra is that we need to "educate" the likes of the bigoted Suarez who don't know what they're saying and how their words upset people.  So, a three year old child uses the word fuck 'cause he's heard it at nursery.  How do the parents put the child right?  Do they say " that's not a nice word and you're not supposed to say it, so please don't do it again".  Or do they belt the innocent mite in the gob then lock him in his room for three days with no scoff?  Indeed, so how does banning Suarez for 8 games and fining him "educate" him where getting the two people in a room and telling him how Evra felt about the use of the word (genuinely or otherwise) doesn't?

The problem with common sense is that it's not very common.

The FA have fucked this up good style.  They need to be held to account more than anyone else (except maybe that Ginger twat on TalkShite).
TheMissionary
YNWA

Offline Live4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7291 on: December 23, 2011, 08:24:59 pm »
hypocrisy & irony;

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sudaca

excerpt:
because they don't speak Spanish. And they can't understand it.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 08:28:35 pm by Live4pool »
We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7292 on: December 23, 2011, 08:25:05 pm »
The main thing I've heard from the pious, patronising, offended on behalf of the poor little angel Evra is that we need to "educate" the likes of the bigoted Suarez who don't know what they're saying and how their words upset people.  So, a three year old child uses the word fuck 'cause he's heard it at nursery.  How do the parents put the child right?  Do they say " that's not a nice word and you're not supposed to say it, so please don't do it again".  Or do they belt the innocent mite in the gob then lock him in his room for three days with no scoff?  Indeed, so how does banning Suarez for 8 games and fining him "educate" him where getting the two people in a room and telling him how Evra felt about the use of the word (genuinely or otherwise) doesn't?

The FA have fucked this up good style.  They need to be held to account more than anyone else (except maybe that Ginger twat on TalkShite).
Good post.

Offline Hunter Thompson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Possibilities, no?
« Reply #7293 on: December 23, 2011, 08:26:17 pm »
S7? Please, no.

Pheeny

« Reply #7294 on: December 23, 2011, 08:27:28 pm »
S7? Please, no.
I thought he was on about Hinesy...

Offline callanlfc5times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7295 on: December 23, 2011, 08:32:06 pm »
S7

What does Sheffield have to do with any of this?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE
FOR THE 96
JUSTICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Greyfox

• Silver Fox's less distinguished brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird on my chest
« Reply #7296 on: December 23, 2011, 08:34:41 pm »
Dear Monsieur Evra

Please explain the meaning of the term "Sudaca"...??

Is it the Spanish colonnial equivalant of the English disgraceful acronym Western Oriental Gentlemen, please clarify.

Many thanks

Offline uwinsa

• prize!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #7297 on: December 23, 2011, 08:36:40 pm »

Good post, I did think maybe a suspended sentence would have been ok because thats like saying now you know it's wrong here, dont do it again

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7298 on: December 23, 2011, 08:41:33 pm »

LOL they're so obsessed with our forum.

How did you find that out btw  :duh

Who gives a fuck? Wish people would stop posting irrelevant shite and stick to the topic at hand, without repeating stuff 20 or 30 times. Now I'm doing it  :no

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #7299 on: December 23, 2011, 08:43:05 pm »
Heard Evra will demand that the Argentine NT be thrown out of Fifa because of this

Great find!  should post this in the PFA thread as well.

Pheeny

« Reply #7300 on: December 23, 2011, 08:44:01 pm »
send the photo to talk shite...

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #7301 on: December 23, 2011, 08:45:56 pm »

I've read Spanish speakers saying it is very offensive and compared it to a couple of words in English that are amongst the worst ethnic slurs.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7302 on: December 23, 2011, 08:46:41 pm »
Did Evra actually say Sudaca?

Chastising him without knowing for certain that he said that is as bad as the press chastising Suarez without facts.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #7303 on: December 23, 2011, 08:48:36 pm »
send the photo to talk shite...
Not before he puts some pointy hats and burning crosses on of course.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #7304 on: December 23, 2011, 08:48:41 pm »

Chastising him without knowing for certain that he said that is as bad as the press chastising Suarez without facts.

Was just about to say this.

You'd think people would have figured out the double standards on show when suggesting Evra said something we don't yet know.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline TheMissionary

• PositionIsSoooooooOrdinary!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's nice, that's McDermott, and that's a goal!!
« Reply #7305 on: December 23, 2011, 08:50:15 pm »
Good post, I did think maybe a suspended sentence would have been ok because thats like saying now you know it's wrong here, dont do it again
Is right, and maybe make a substantial donation to a charity of Evra's choice?  The ban and the fine are of no import.  The thing that matters is that Suarez is being branded.  He used the word in all innocence, and admitted to using it in all innocence.  If he really was a racist etc would he have admitted saying it?  He's made a genuine, possibly childish, mistake and the world is kicking him in the nuts for being naive.   

I wouldn't be surprised if he walked out in the summer.
TheMissionary
YNWA

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #7306 on: December 23, 2011, 08:52:57 pm »
I never thought I'd agree with Gough but he's right here, this needs cutting in the bud I just feel were in too deep now.

This is spiralling out of control now, when a simple apology if he's been misunderstood but no offence was meant would of ended it and got the ban reduced on appeal.

It is an unholy mess but Luis Suarez and Liverpool Football Club have nothing at all to apologise for.

You're allowing these empty vessels to panic you - a bit like the Irish caller who has apparently been shamed into renouncing his faith. Don't fall for it. I know it's very unpleasant to hear their nonsense but even now it's clear from what they're spouting - particularly Gough - that the seeds of doubt are starting to be sown due to the intensity of the solidarity behind Luis.

They - mainly Gough - are nowhere near as strident as they were just 24 hours earlier. He [Gough] is now questioning the wisdom of the FA not releasing the full details behind their decision. The more shite they spout the more they're merely digging a deeper hole for themselves. By the time the truth reveals itself to the majority [who have jumped so eagerly onto the self righteous racist bandwagon] and the veil of ignorance gradually disperses to reveal the decision as the utter sham it so manifestly is, their primary objective will be to find the best way of backtracking on the drivel they've been spouting.

Though we haven't actually heard the facts of the matter those of us who were there to see Evra's feigning injury and subsequent snarling his aggression to Suarez prior to any verbal interchange - and have had the Uruguyan colloquialism explained to us - have now been able to grasp what has happened. 

In stark contrast, the Durham/Gough stance - and that of all those slandering/libelling an innocent man - uses as its pivot the fact that the panel found Suarez guilty of racist connotations within his retort to Evra ergo he actually must be guilty [some say racist] ergo he should be condemned by every Liverpudlian ergo he and the club should apologise.

As we are now aware those panel findings are based on literal English translation rather than actual meaning and on the fact Evra's ridiculous over-reaction must have represented conclusive evidence of intended racial offence by Suarez as distinct from the innocuous perhaps slightly patronising questioning it actually was. As such the entire basis for the decision by the panel lacks any justification whatsoever. Hence the strident rebuttal by LFC.

Ultimately, the charge will have to be dropped - either by court order or willingly - or at the very least significantly abated to shed any racist connotation. And at that juncture so many posturing self righteous hypocrites within the media - not least these two morons - will be revealed for what they are - namely no better than the vigilante lynch mob who lap up their drivel.

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7307 on: December 23, 2011, 08:52:59 pm »
Great find!  should post this in the PFA thread as well.

Fuck that, they'll only go and ban Maxi for 8 games as well.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline Greyfox

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird on my chest
« Reply #7308 on: December 23, 2011, 08:59:43 pm »

"...you South American you...."

Oh come on.....

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7309 on: December 23, 2011, 09:04:35 pm »
Its still conjecture.  On both sides of the argument.  Awfully hypocritical.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 09:08:27 pm by Laughter is the best medicine... »

Offline Dr Stop

• Main Stander
« Reply #7311 on: December 23, 2011, 09:06:42 pm »
Ultimately, the charge will have to be dropped - either by court order or willingly - or at the very least significantly abated to shed any racist connotation.

He has already been found guilty of the charge against him. I'm not sure the courts would accept a case such as this regarding the affairs of the FA? They certainly haven't allowed it in the past.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 09:12:25 pm by Dr Stop »

Offline Bartonius

• Kemlynite
  • Istanbul 25/05/05 - The best day of my life
« Reply #7312 on: December 23, 2011, 09:12:16 pm »
Whatever he did or didnt actually say to Evra, you cant deny the guy acts like a fucking prick.
Lets not sugar coat it, if he played for Man U or Everton we would all fucking hate him. The diving, asking refs to book other players, the gesturing to oppo fans.
He is a fabulous footballer. The only true world class talent we have, but as a personality he comes across as a dickhead.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #7313 on: December 23, 2011, 09:15:02 pm »
i can smell shit.

Offline Greyfox

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird on my chest
« Reply #7314 on: December 23, 2011, 09:15:21 pm »
He admitted he said it....."you South American you..." in Spanish = "Sudaca"

In the same way that Luis admitted..."negrito"...in Spanish

Offline Kopite72

• Kopite
« Reply #7315 on: December 23, 2011, 09:17:19 pm »

Open the window quick somebody...I smell shite.

Offline Greyfox

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird on my chest
« Reply #7316 on: December 23, 2011, 09:18:30 pm »
Whatever he did or didnt actually say to Evra, you cant deny the guy acts like a fucking prick.
Lets not sugar coat it, if he played for Man U or Everton we would all fucking hate him. The diving, asking refs to book other players, the gesturing to oppo fans.
He is a fabulous footballer. The only true world class talent we have, but as a personality he comes across as a dickhead.

Met him have you.....fucking Tesco Allerton...??  Do fuck off

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #7317 on: December 23, 2011, 09:18:43 pm »

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
« Reply #7318 on: December 23, 2011, 09:18:44 pm »
Yesterday had a little exchange with a mate of mine who used to live in Ecuador and travelled all over South America.

He reckons that in South America (note: NOT Spain) "sudaca" is not massively racist, but pejorative and "you'd say it with a hand over your mouth and a wink". He goes on to say that "sudaca" and "negrito" are probably morally equivalent and if viewed in the context of chit-chat on the pitch, would not carry any racists connotations in either direction.

assuming evra did say sudaca (yes, big assumption, i know) this is intriguing, and is possibly where the speculation gets really interesting (well, if you're a linguist like me...)  if the above is a fair representation of the relative weight of the two words evra finds himself in a dilemma. 

as a european (well, an african, but one who moved to europe at a very young age) and an accomplished polyglot, the understanding of sudaca evra has would likely be from the 'standard' (i.e. from spain) european version of the language.  by all accounts the word sudaca in that context is utterly reprehensible and viciously racist and he should be charged and banned immediately.

now the alternative view evra could realistically take is that he was using it in its south american context (knowing that suarez is from uruguay), which based on the above account is less of a racial slur, and he is less blameworthy.  but it is inconceivable (to me at least) that he can claim this sort of cultural appreciation of the nuances of south american spanish, and yet still be unaware of the cultural significance of the words suarez is alleged to have used.  similarly, if the FA believe evra's culturally specific reading of sudaca, then why can they not do the same for suarez?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 09:25:22 pm by sideshowme »
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #7319 on: December 23, 2011, 09:19:32 pm »
Met him have you.....fucking Tesco Allerton...??  Do fuck off

Don't be having a go at Tesco Allerton (Eyes brimming up)