Author Topic: Kanye West "GB doesnt care about Black People" LIVE on TV  (Read 32349 times)

Offline Tarpaulin

• Polish Ambassador to Liverpool
  • Legacy Fan
Kanye West "GB doesnt care about Black People" LIVE on TV
« on: September 7, 2005, 09:31:01 am »

To see the video footage of this CLICK HERE and then goto the bottom of the page for the link.

My friend Kerri Harrop first let me know about this video clip. Here's what she wrote:

I have been watching the live feed of the Concert For Hurricane Relief, broadcast on MSNBC. My curiosity was piqued when I saw that the line-up of presenters included the likes of Lindsay Lohan and Britney Spears, two people I do not normally turn to in times of crisis.

The concert is, of course, painful to watch but obviously for a good cause. You can’t dis any effort that is being made to provide aid to those that desperately need it. I had it on in the background while I finished my work for the day, not really paying much attention. Until the moment came, about 40 minutes into the broadcast, when Mike Myers and Kanye West were sharing the stage.

Mike started things off, with a plea for help. It was then Kanye’s turn to speak. As he began, it became very clear that he was not reading from the prepared script. While Mike Meyers nervously looked from Kanye to the screen and then back, Kanye unleashed the following:

“I hate the way they portray us in the media, if you see a black family it says they’re looting, if you see a white family it says they’re looking for food. And, you know, it’s been five days. Because most of the people are black. And, even for me to complain about it, I would be a hypocrite. Because, I’ve tried to turn away from the tv because it’s too hard too watch. I’ve even been shopping before even giving a donation. So, now I’m calling my business manager right now to see what’s, what is the biggest amount I can give.

And, and just to imagine if I was, if I was down there and those are, those are my people down there so anybody out there that wants to do anything that we can help.

With the set up, the way America is set up to help the poor, the black people, the less well off, as slow as possible. I mean, this is, Red Cross is doing everything they can. We already realize a lot of the people that could help are at war right now fighting another way and they, they’ve given them permission to go down and shoot us.”

During this entire speech, he was visibly nervous and stammering. Mike Myers then stepped in with a few obviously scripted words, while Kanye stood, looking angry and upset. Mike finished talking and Kanye then made a statement that made me really sit up and notice. He looked straight at the camera and said, quite simply, yet with authority:

“George Bush doesn’t care about black people.”

Mike Meyers looked panic stricken and the camera was abruptly cut from them.

NBC is set to re-broadcast this tonight and I will bet you whatever you like that they will not include this segment. For those wondering, I transcribed Kanye’s script directly from the broadcast. Although it is a bit disjointed, the dude really tried to make his point.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Think hes got pure balls to stand up on LIVE national TV and say that....I think he's pretty much spt on with what he says. Hats off to the fella.

« Last Edit: September 7, 2005, 09:34:34 am by Roper »

Offline hooded claw

• Foiled by the Anthill Mob
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
Re: Kanye West "GB doesnt care about Black People" LIVE on TV
« Reply #1 on: September 7, 2005, 09:34:12 am »
Does the link work for anyone? Getting 'this page could not be found'

Offline Tarpaulin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: September 7, 2005, 09:35:01 am »
Does the link work for anyone? Getting 'this page could not be found'

The link wouldnt work...have now linkd you to the page with the original link on to go from there. :wave

Offline Acaustiq

• Statistically the biggest dick waver and has quotes to prove it. Bitter revisionist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Finally, Danone Actimel cured him.
« Reply #3 on: September 7, 2005, 09:35:50 am »
Who ?
When your Mum used to pick you up from school and you'd run out and be like 'Mummy I got 9/10 in the spelling test today', would she go 'phenomenal, son'.

Cos if she did she's a stupid fuck.

Offline hooded claw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #4 on: September 7, 2005, 09:37:30 am »
The link wouldnt work...have now linkd you to the page with the original link on to go from there. :wave

Cheers fella. Been reading about this, good to see what the fuss has been about. Takes balls to do that. Good on him.

Offline Bluto-clause

• ave a go hero, first punch is free
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: September 7, 2005, 09:45:53 am »

I liked his music before this, Now I fuckin love him. Kayne West - Is speaking from the heart and saying what needs to be said.

It's true, George Bush, does not give a flying fuck about black people, If that was a white area that was smashed by the huricane the troops would have been there before the hurican hit to ship everyone out. George Bush is a c*nt, his party are criminals and should be in jail for all the shit they have caused. If there was oil in Louisiana instead of "niggers" George Bush would have broke the world sprinting record to get down there.  Hopefully this will wake up the American people as to what they have in charge. A racist redneck oil puppet.

And as for the war on terror, how the fuck is he planning to win that, by doubling oil prices and making the arabs so rich they'll pig out on pizza and caviar and wont fit into the first class seats on domestic airliners.

Kanye West said what everyone knows. Fair Bollocks to him for "Keeping it Real"

Now I've used the word "niggers" and the expresion "Keeping it Real" - and those are 2 things I would never say.

« Last Edit: September 7, 2005, 09:57:06 am by Bluto »
During the week I check the boxes
At the week-end I fill in the blanks
And when I close my eyes at night
I'm the king of all I survey.

Offline Tarpaulin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: September 7, 2005, 09:48:47 am »
He's nervous as fuck saying it, cos he knows the possible reprocussions....fuckin fair play to him.

Who ?

Hes a popular, modern musician - you probably wouldnt know. :p

Offline hooded claw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #7 on: September 7, 2005, 09:49:54 am »
I liked his music before this, Now I fuckin love him. Kayne West - Is speaking from the heart and saying what needs to be said.

I've never heard more than the odd track from him. After that, I'll be wanting to get hold of his albums.

Offline ewok-red

• Anarchist, potentially violent but lacks bottle.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: September 7, 2005, 09:54:26 am »
cant say i care that much for his music, but nice to see musicians actually saying something directly political. puts bono-geldof to shame
"the music isn't here to save the world, its there to save your life"  - skip jones, in 'stories we could tell' tony parsons, harper collins / qpd

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat.
  • Super Title: Coming soon! Official Launch May 2008
« Reply #9 on: September 7, 2005, 09:58:14 am »
I've never heard more than the odd track from him. After that, I'll be wanting to get hold of his albums.

Why, will it make them any better?

geldof to shame

Aye. He's done fuck all to help people facing adversity and disaster. If only he made a speech for 5 minutes, once.
I'm no longer on RAWK, but if you need to contact me about anything, you can email me on nigelmorrison@connectfree.co.uk

Offline hooded claw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #10 on: September 7, 2005, 10:02:16 am »
Why, will it make them any better?

No. But now that he has shown he's got a conscience and balls, he immediately becomes more interesting than 97.98% of 'artists' clogging up the airwaves.

Offline Acaustiq

• Statistically the biggest dick waver and has quotes to prove it. Bitter revisionist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: September 7, 2005, 10:02:27 am »
Hes a popular, modern musician - you probably wouldnt know. :p

MAYBE I DONT CARE ABOUT HIM, HAS HE EVER CONSIDERED THAT, HAS HE ?
When your Mum used to pick you up from school and you'd run out and be like 'Mummy I got 9/10 in the spelling test today', would she go 'phenomenal, son'.

Offline Bluto-clause

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: September 7, 2005, 10:02:51 am »

Put it this way, I hate R n' B and all of that 50cent, nelly, chingy, will smith, M&M, nas, wyclef, D12. and all the other RnB shit thats in the charts.

But for some reason I "dig" his music, It's a really good blend of old sould grooves with new issues and comentary.
1 , He aint just rapping over stairway to heaven like puff daddy.
2,  He aint just swearing to sell records
3,  He's fucking smooth as, and does not talk shite, and seems to have no huge problems with race issues
4,  I don't know, just listen to a few tracks - you'll see what I mean - Head and shoulders above the rest.

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: September 7, 2005, 10:06:58 am »
No. But now that he has shown he's got a conscience and balls, he immediately becomes more interesting than 97.98% of 'artists' clogging up the airwaves.

But that still doesn't make his music any better...

I just don't know why someone would buy music because of someone making a speech like this, that they had previously disregarded as not god enough to buy.

I'm no longer on RAWK, but if you need to contact me about anything, you can email me on nigelmorrison@connectfree.co.uk

Offline Tarpaulin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: September 7, 2005, 10:08:44 am »
MAYBE I DONT CARE ABOUT HIM, HAS HE EVER CONSIDERED THAT, HAS HE ?

Im pretty sure he doesnt give a flying fuck about you either. :) :wave

Offline Tarpaulin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: September 7, 2005, 10:09:24 am »

I just don't know why someone would buy music because of someone making a speech like this, that they had previously disregarded as not god enough to buy.

Those who know, just know Nidge. ;)

Offline Bluto-clause

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: September 7, 2005, 10:10:11 am »
P.S. He was only half right. Goerge Bush does not care about ANY People

What Bush cares about is power. He's even got a tattoo on his left arse cheek that says "Life ain't nothin but bitches and money"

Offline ewok-red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: September 7, 2005, 10:10:24 am »
If only he made a speech for 5 minutes, once.

he's made a few speeches and the material circumstances of those he seeks to help remain the same because he is a fool who believes that charity will end poverty, and thinks the superrich can be shamed into caring, which they cant cos they do not really give a fuck and they need poverty to create their wealth. he is colluding with a system and worse - making people believe that going to a gig is going to end poverty.

"the music isn't here to save the world, its there to save your life"  - skip jones, in 'stories we could tell' tony parsons, harper collins / qpd

Offline hooded claw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #18 on: September 7, 2005, 10:10:30 am »

Who said anything about 'buy'...

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: September 7, 2005, 10:10:42 am »
Those who know, just know Nidge. ;)

Fair enough - I can completely understand that. What I don't get is those who DON'T know, suddenly wanting to "buy" ;) his albums due to a political speech, rather than due to any liking for his music...

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: September 7, 2005, 10:10:44 am »
He looked straight at the camera and said, quite simply, yet with authority:

“George Bush doesn’t care about black people.”

and seems to have no huge problems with race issues

Mmmh. I think he has a slight problem with race issues branding the president of the USA a racist.

By the way who are these armed gangs looting and terrorising their own people in the face of a disaster?

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: September 7, 2005, 10:12:08 am »
Mmmh. I think he has a slight problem with race issues branding the president of the USA a racist.

By the way who are these armed gangs looting and terrorising their own people in the face of a disaster?

It's the minstrels, all painted up and maurading as black people.

They're really white.

Offline hooded claw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #22 on: September 7, 2005, 10:15:01 am »

Because it's a fair (but perhaps groundless) inference to think his music may be similarly concerned with things that matter, rathyer than how many beeyatches sucked his dick or how many Benz(es? i?) he owns. The whole chest-beating bollox thing with rap turms me  off, but  (as with Cuban Linx and Liquid Swords) if the music is painting a picture of the life he sees around him and he is moved to comment, he may well be worth listening to.

Offline Raven66

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #23 on: September 7, 2005, 10:21:53 am »
"GB doesnt care about Black People"
But he does give them some of the highest ranking jobs in his administration ie Condoleeza Rice and Colin Powell.

Offline Tarpaulin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: September 7, 2005, 10:28:28 am »
But he does give them some of the highest ranking jobs in his administration ie Condoleeza Rice and Colin Powell.

Thats it then!

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: September 7, 2005, 10:31:05 am »
how many beeyatches sucked his dick or how many Benz(es? i?) he owns.

:D

Get some Ice T and be done with it :D

Condoleeza Rice and Colin Powell.

On a side question - does ANYONE see Mr Powells first name and read coal-in?

Where the fuck did he get that out of. Your names colin mate, pronounced Colin. Get over it and stop being so fucking pretentious.

Offline Satiric Gibbon

• Kopite
« Reply #26 on: September 7, 2005, 10:36:44 am »

Exactly. George Bush is an equal opps kinda guy, who believes in social justice and loves and cares very deeply for African Americans and the fact that Condo and Collen have those two jobs proves that beyond any doubt.

Offline Acaustiq

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: September 7, 2005, 10:38:57 am »

Some of my best friends are black, but.....

Offline ewok-red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: September 7, 2005, 10:40:44 am »

i don't think he was referring to black people individually...

Offline mulfella

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hedgehogs are boss
« Reply #29 on: September 7, 2005, 10:40:55 am »

In a majority black state, bothe the majority of looters and non-looters will be black.

In a predominantly white state it would be the same.

The response, or lack of, to the disaster has in itself been seen by some as "institutionally racist"

Plus, I'm sure everyone has seen this by now: http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2005/09/01/photo_controversy/index.html
A place full of grammer Nazi's?
'Grammar' and no apostrophe in 'nazis'.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: September 7, 2005, 10:42:19 am »
Some Fly-by-night slushy bastard of a pop star stands up and opens his trap with some rash comments and suddenly we are all supposed to hate George Bush and the American government.

When Kayne Dingle or whatever his name is, lounges in his LA Mansion watching another race riot on his plasma screen he can sit back and smile.

Offline Raven66

• Boys Pen
« Reply #31 on: September 7, 2005, 10:42:34 am »
Some of my best friends are black, but.....
Exactly. George Bush is an equal opps kinda guy, who believes in social justice and loves and cares very deeply for African Americans and the fact that Condo and Collen have those two jobs proves that beyond any doubt.

Check out he rest of his cabinet

Offline Bluto-clause

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: September 7, 2005, 10:44:29 am »
This is an intelligent discussion.

point 1 : Hooded Claw said he immediatly becomes more interesting than 98% of the "Artists" in the charts after that statement in his opinion.
He did not say, I'm off the the record shop to buy his entire back catalouge. - just that he'd be willing to hear what else he has to say on his albums.
Also - he did not previously disregard his music as not good enough to buy, he stated that he had not heard and of it.

point  2:  nigemo said "Aye. He's done fuck all to help people facing adversity and disaster. If only he made a speech for 5 minutes, once."
well he's put his arse on the line saying that and giving everything he can't to those affected. - thats a pretty compasionate response.

point 3: Ewokred said: He's made a few speeches and the material circumstances of those he seeks to help remain the same because he is a fool who believes that charity will end poverty, and thinks the superrich can be shamed into caring, which they cant cos they do not really give a fuck and they need poverty to create their wealth. he is colluding with a system and worse - making people believe that going to a gig is going to end poverty.
WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU ON ABOUT?
At what point did he state, I'm going to end poverty?  At what point did he state, come to my gig and end poverty?

Point 4: Buck Pete Said : Mmmh. I think he has a slight problem with race issues branding the president of the USA a racist.
OK - If you think George Bush loves black people, maybe you should look at the footage of all his father cronies turning down that black voters representatives during the election ballot that saw his party steal power. Maybe you should sit in a cold riverbed and fast for the same amount of time it took geaorge to send help. And as for "By the way who are these armed gangs looting and terrorising their own people in the face of a disaster?"
They are the people who live there, unacceptable behaviour for sure, but if you expceted anything else form gangs in poorest areas suddenly made homeless then you need to wake up. - you sound like a racist.

Offline Tarpaulin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: September 7, 2005, 10:47:48 am »
Some Fly-by-night slushy bastard of a pop star stands up and opens his trap with some rash comments and suddenly we are all supposed to hate George Bush and the American government.

When Kayne Dingle or whatever his name is, lounges in his LA Mansion watching another race riot on his plasma screen he can sit back and smile.

::)

Offline Bluto-clause

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: September 7, 2005, 10:50:14 am »

Sorry if It snuk you on you over the last 35 years.

Offline Satiric Gibbon

• Kopite
« Reply #35 on: September 7, 2005, 10:51:04 am »
What about the rest of his 'cabinet' (there is no cabinet in a Presidential system it is an administration). Colin Powell was the most senior African American and his post Secretary of State then went to Dr Condo Rice (black again obviously). So Bush can talk/preach to the whites and and his number two to the blacks. It isn't just about colour, Bush does not care for poor people, full stop. A higher proportion of poor people are black not white. Bush's family has links to slavery and always had black 'domestic staff'. If you had no money or car, you could not get out of New Orleans. New Orleans asked for £30m for flood defence improvements last year, they were given £5m and told that there was no more because of Iraq. Did you see the female democrat senator from the area who was flying up to Washington to punch him in the mouth??

Bush your priorities in life are fucked up. Your fundamental morals and ethics are weak and wrong. You are a slineless twat and the man/ woman who shoots you dead is a hero.

Offline ewok-red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: September 7, 2005, 10:51:27 am »

I agree with you. i was just trying to point out that i thought it was a good thing that a musician was speaking out - as it seems to be a rare thing now.

Offline Bluto-clause

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: September 7, 2005, 10:58:44 am »
Shoots him or sends him a box of extra large pretzels.

who ever knocks him off would be released as soon and the elections come around again,
The next opposition leaders policies would be
World Peace, An economy in no way reliant on oil, free medical for all, and finally the immediate relase of the guy who shot W

Landslide Victory !

Offline Raven66

• Boys Pen
« Reply #38 on: September 7, 2005, 10:59:09 am »
What about the rest of his 'cabinet' (there is no cabinet in a Presidential system it is an administration). Colin Powell was the most senior African American and his post Secretary of State then went to Dr Condo Rice (black again obviously). So Bush can talk/preach to the whites and and his number two to the blacks. It isn't just about colour, Bush does not care for poor people, full stop. A higher proportion of poor people are black not white. Bush's family has links to slavery and always had black 'domestic staff'. If you had no money or car, you could not get out of New Orleans. New Orleans asked for £30m for flood defence improvements last year, they were given £5m and told that there was no more because of Iraq. Did you see the female democrat senator from the area who was flying up to Washington to punch him in the mouth??

Bush your priorities in life are fucked up. Your fundamental morals and ethics are weak and wrong. You are a slineless twat and the man/ woman who shoots you dead is a hero.

You are an angry individual.
Very good research,  i bet you lurve Micahel Moore. However, the Presidents cabinet makes up his administration. If your still reasearching please have a look at www.whitehouse.gov and look for CABINET

Offline Bluto-clause

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: September 7, 2005, 11:02:05 am »

You are an angry individual.
Very good research,  i bet you lurve Micahel Moore. However, the Presidents cabinet makes up his administration. If your still reasearching please have a look at www.whitehouse.gov and look for CABINET

I do believe the point he was making is, in America a Cabinet is called an Administration.