Author Topic: Question Time.  (Read 85331 times)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Question Time.
« Reply #160 on: March 30, 2017, 01:56:56 pm »
Was trying to work out why IEA were familiar. I have encounters with them through work sometime. Don't know Kate but can make a fair assumption she's annoying

If they had their way there would be zero taxes and everything would be privatised.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #161 on: March 30, 2017, 02:00:42 pm »
I saw her on Channel 4 News a year or two ago calling for library budgets to be slashed (even further than they are already)

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: March 30, 2017, 03:52:01 pm »
My ballot pspers came today already voted for Len didn't even think of the others.

Your continued support for Corbyn in the face of all rationality inferred this, but interesting to note your self-reported lack of thinking.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: March 30, 2017, 04:16:19 pm »
She is a Republican from Texas. And a Newcastle United fan reportedly.
Yeah I remember seeing her on a previous QT and wondering how awful of a human being she was.  Think she's a leader of some right-wing think tank as well.  Crazy for the age of her that if people get more right-wing as they get older she's possibly going to be every human parody of the far right there is.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: March 30, 2017, 04:18:32 pm »
If they had their way there would be zero taxes and everything would be privatised.
I saw her on Channel 4 News a year or two ago calling for library budgets to be slashed (even further than they are already)

Up there in the league of the Taxpayers Alliance. Terrible idiots

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #165 on: March 30, 2017, 04:50:17 pm »
Party Seats
Conservative 330
Labour 229
Scottish National Party 54
Liberal Democrat 9
Democratic Unionist Party 8
Independent 4
Sinn Fein 4
Plaid Cymru 3
Social Democratic & Labour Party 3
Ulster Unionist Party 2
Green Party 1
Speaker 1
UK Independence Party 1
Vacant 1

Last QT had 1 Conservative, 1 Labour, 1 UKIP, 1 Unionist, 1 Press.

How the fuck do the BBC think it's relevant and proportional to have that bad bootle meff on there is fucking beyond me! Be more relevant to hear what Plaid Cymru have to say!

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: March 30, 2017, 04:53:36 pm »
They certainly get more coverage than the Greens, who have actually won a seat.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #167 on: March 30, 2017, 05:13:28 pm »
Party Seats
Conservative 330
Labour 229
Liberal Democrat 9
Independent four5
Sinn Fein 4
Plaid Cymru 3
Ulster Unionist Party 2
Green Party 1
Speaker 1
UK Independence Party 10
Vacant 1

How the fuck do the BBC think it's relevant and proportional to have that bad bootle meff on there is fucking beyond me! Be more relevant to hear what Plaid Cymru have to say!

Corrected for you.  UKIP have no MPs.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: March 30, 2017, 05:51:53 pm »
Party Seats
Conservative 330
Labour 229
Liberal Democrat 9
Independent 4
Sinn Fein 4
Plaid Cymru 3
Ulster Unionist Party 2
Green Party 1
Speaker 1
UK Independence Party 1
Vacant 1

To be fair the last QT (the special on Monday) actually had 1 Con 1 Lab 1 Lib Dem 1 SNP 1 UKIP and 1 journalist.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #169 on: March 30, 2017, 07:58:40 pm »

Her boss, Mark Littlewood, DG of the IEA is another smug know all and was ranked 38th on The Times’ ‘Right-wing Power List’,.

Love to know who was number one.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: March 30, 2017, 08:06:55 pm »
but they have a safe seat on the QT panel

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: March 30, 2017, 08:14:33 pm »
Party Seats
Conservative 330
Labour 229
Liberal Democrat 9
Independent 4
Sinn Fein 4
Plaid Cymru 3
Ulster Unionist Party 2
Green Party 1
Speaker 1
UK Independence Party 1
Vacant 1

I'm in two minds over this. On the one hand I hate everything UKIP stand for and hate seeing them on tv.

On the other hand they did get the third highest number of votes in the General Election, significantly more than the Lib Dems, SNP, Greens, etc, so arguably the dickheads who voted for them should be entitled to get their representative on political panels.

There are massive flaws with our democracy being unrepresentative. The disparity between UKIP voters and UKIP seats worked out for the best last time round but racist knuckle draggers do make up a large proportion of our country unfortunately.

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #172 on: March 30, 2017, 09:08:48 pm »
Her boss, Mark Littlewood, DG of the IEA is another smug know all and was ranked 38th on The Times’ ‘Right-wing Power List’,.

Love to know who was number one.
Frottage most likely.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #173 on: March 30, 2017, 09:14:33 pm »
Frottage most likely.
surely the primeminister?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: March 30, 2017, 09:20:14 pm »
surely the primeminister?

Surely the man who has guaranteed power for the right wing for the next 8 or so years at least?  ;D :'(

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #175 on: March 30, 2017, 09:24:29 pm »
Meow!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: March 30, 2017, 09:43:19 pm »
That's really odd...I didn't think they did but this site says they do?

http://www.parliament.uk/mps-lords-and-offices/mps/current-state-of-the-parties/

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #177 on: March 30, 2017, 09:49:43 pm »
That's really odd...I didn't think they did but this site says they do?

http://www.parliament.uk/mps-lords-and-offices/mps/current-state-of-the-parties/

Their one MP at the last election (who himself defected from the Conservatives) quit the party last week.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: March 30, 2017, 09:50:53 pm »
Carswell left UKIP a few days ago. He was UKIP, he is now Independent.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #179 on: March 30, 2017, 11:21:54 pm »
Ruth Davidson and the Labour member in the audience absolutely spot on about the Labour party there.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: March 30, 2017, 11:26:37 pm »
Ruth Davidson and the Labour member in the audience absolutely spot on about the Labour party there.
thought Davidson revealed the Tory playbook on Corbyn and McDonnell for an election

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: March 30, 2017, 11:29:45 pm »
thought Davidson revealed the Tory playbook on Corbyn and McDonnell for an election
Nuttalls getting destroyed on different points by everyone on the panel
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: March 30, 2017, 11:36:10 pm »

Its like that episode with the BNP leader.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: March 30, 2017, 11:37:55 pm »
surprised he hasn't tried to fake tears again

Offline TheShanklyGates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: March 30, 2017, 11:40:47 pm »
I can't be the only one who has noticed this 'we need to have a national conversation about the NHS' week in, week out from conservative politicians and commentators. They know that at the moment it is political suicide to suggest breaking up the NHS but cut its funding enough and as a result of the ensuing crises they hope that eventually public opinion will turn and they'll be there to 'have the conversation' about alternative (read privatisation) ways of doing things.

There it is again.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: March 30, 2017, 11:44:28 pm »
There it is again.

I don't think its a surprise that right wingers don't want a free NHS. Its been going on for years. The problem they have is that the electorate is wedded to it and if anything sentiment towards it from younger generations is even stronger.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: March 30, 2017, 11:53:45 pm »
I don't think its a surprise that right wingers don't want a free NHS. Its been going on for years. The problem they have is that the electorate is wedded to it and if anything sentiment towards it from younger generations is even stronger.

If the last couple of years have taught me anything it's to never underestimate the ability of people to consistently vote against their own best interests.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: March 30, 2017, 11:59:18 pm »
Its like that episode with the BNP leader.

Always nice to see them get stuffed. :)

surprised he hasn't tried to fake tears again
Surprised he had no real answers to all the points thrown at him tonight.
Frustrating to hear Davidson say the Torys wont change any of the EU laws, watched Reece-Mogg this morning telling us this is exactly what the Tory party will do, they will make it part of their manifesto in 2020.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Online Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #188 on: March 31, 2017, 12:08:08 am »
The makeup of QT panels is an utter disgrace.

A Texas-born right-wing think tank employee, a leader of a now redundant political party with no Westminster representative, a leader of a Trade Union (whose members are shortly to vote in a leadership contest), a Scottish Tory M.P (not quite an endangered species, but close) and Lisa Nandy (who I do have some time for, but only really in comparison with that bunch of arse holes).

The choice, I suspect, is Dumbledorf's. And it has everything to do with ratings and controversy, and absolutely  nothing to do with serious debate. I don't know why I even occasionally, watch it. After all, they had Kelvin McKenzie on the panel numerous times.

"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #189 on: March 31, 2017, 06:55:09 am »

Always nice to see them get stuffed. :)

Surprised he had no real answers to all the points thrown at him tonight.
Frustrating to hear Davidson say the Torys wont change any of the EU laws, watched Reece-Mogg this morning telling us this is exactly what the Tory party will do, they will make it part of their manifesto in 2020.
Removing the restrictions/protections on employment and other areas is the sole reason for the Tory enthusiasm for Brexit. They want immigration because it provides a cheap source of labour, they want free trade with the EU. What they really want is to be free of "regulations" that stop them screwing people over. What they have done is convince people that they will stop immigrants coming in and living here, in order to get to a position where they can do whatever they want. Yet Digby Jones let it slip that if they can't get "controlled immigration " from EU then they will get it from India. (Will we see Daily Express reporters at Delhi airport reporting on the millions planning to enter the country like we did when Romanians were allowed here? - don't hold your breath)
What you will see over the next two years is a publicity campaign telling us how controlled immigration is necessary for farmers and the hospitality industry, and of course the 'ailing'NHS
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #190 on: March 31, 2017, 07:10:05 am »
Update 7-10 am
BBC reporting on hospitality sector needing migrant workers
Tories saying they will craft an immigration policy to help

"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: March 31, 2017, 11:55:56 am »
Removing the restrictions/protections on employment and other areas is the sole reason for the Tory enthusiasm for Brexit. They want immigration because it provides a cheap source of labour, they want free trade with the EU. What they really want is to be free of "regulations" that stop them screwing people over. What they have done is convince people that they will stop immigrants coming in and living here, in order to get to a position where they can do whatever they want. Yet Digby Jones let it slip that if they can't get "controlled immigration " from EU then they will get it from India. (Will we see Daily Express reporters at Delhi airport reporting on the millions planning to enter the country like we did when Romanians were allowed here? - don't hold your breath)
What you will see over the next two years is a publicity campaign telling us how controlled immigration is necessary for farmers and the hospitality industry, and of course the 'ailing'NHS
Yep,think your spot on, ive noticed the Torys are now all saying people didn't vote to cut immigration they voted for control of immigration. this is their get out clause. we had more control than most people realized but didn't bother enforcing it.so any deal which appears to give them more control will do.
The Torys priority is to get rid of regulations and they will be prepared to concede on FOM to get access to the SM.
               Emily Maitlis

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: March 31, 2017, 12:20:28 pm »
Yep,think your spot on, ive noticed the Torys are now all saying people didn't vote to cut immigration they voted for control of immigration. this is their get out clause. we had more control than most people realized but didn't bother enforcing it.so any deal which appears to give them more control will do.
The Torys priority is to get rid of regulations and they will be prepared to concede on FOM to get access to the SM.

Would the EU prevent the UK from making these supposedly glorious trade deals with the Commonwealth countries if we continue to have a relationship (even if it's "access" and not full membership) with the SM? FOM and no get rich quick deals with the Indians might be a tough sell even for the Tories.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: March 31, 2017, 12:23:37 pm »
Their one MP at the last election (who himself defected from the Conservatives) quit the party last week.
Carswell left UKIP a few days ago. He was UKIP, he is now Independent.
Even more fucking galling then! :no

Offline Cliff Bastin

• Big Exeter fan, pretending to be a gooner, pretending...yawn
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: March 31, 2017, 12:45:01 pm »
The makeup of QT panels is an utter disgrace.

A Texas-born right-wing think tank employee, a leader of a now redundant political party with no Westminster representative, a leader of a Trade Union (whose members are shortly to vote in a leadership contest), a Scottish Tory M.P (not quite an endangered species, but close) and Lisa Nandy (who I do have some time for, but only really in comparison with that bunch of arse holes).

The choice, I suspect, is Dumbledorf's. And it has everything to do with ratings and controversy, and absolutely  nothing to do with serious debate. I don't know why I even occasionally, watch it. After all, they had Kelvin McKenzie on the panel numerous times.
Controversial? Nearly all of them come out with mainstream views which you hear all the time. I didn't hear any sort of revolutionary views or radical thinking or any controversial topics. Sam Harris or Krauss it was not.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: March 31, 2017, 12:59:37 pm »
Would the EU prevent the UK from making these supposedly glorious trade deals with the Commonwealth countries if we continue to have a relationship (even if it's "access" and not full membership) with the SM? FOM and no get rich quick deals with the Indians might be a tough sell even for the Tories.
It's hard to tell what the Torys are thinking right now,ive said all along, we can make an argument why they will do something and make another argument why they wont. nothing adds up, I dont think they have a prayer paying to access the SM but they may come to some agreement over getting rid of regulations.
A few months back Johnson was saying we've got lots of countrys lining up to make a deal with us, he couldnt name more than 3 or 4 when pressed, we now know India,Australia+USA arent all there made out to be, more Immigration and deals favouring their countrys.
I honestly don't know what will happen but I think the Torys want one thing above all else.
No EU regulations, this will make life far easier for companys to cut +exploit their workforce, it will also lower standards to make life easier.
All these changes will be left to the discretion of the companys rather than made into law. we have decent companys who give their workforce far more than the EU regulations require.
The problem is these decent companys will sometimes have to compete with companys who cut their costs at the expense of their workforce, these decent companys may be forced to bring in similar working conditions to survive.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 01:02:21 pm by oldfordie »
               Emily Maitlis

Online B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: April 1, 2017, 11:14:26 am »
(Will we see Daily Express reporters at Delhi airport reporting on the millions planning to enter the country like we did when Romanians were allowed here? - don't hold your breath)

I think we definitely would to be honest. Daily Express isn't an establishment paper, it's the most right wing one in the country. They weren't anti-immigration for the sake of Brexit. No doubt they don't want to undermine Brexit for now, but still, that won't stop them.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: April 5, 2017, 05:23:20 pm »

Might not want to punch my screen this week.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline SP

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: April 5, 2017, 05:35:15 pm »

With Diane Abbot there? I'd still sit out of punching reach just to be sure.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: April 5, 2017, 05:42:34 pm »

When Suella Fernandes and Diane Abbot speak you will. In fact just the sight of Diane Abbot should make you punch the screen.