Author Topic: Old photos of and around Liverpool  (Read 834174 times)

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
Re: Old photos of and around Liverpool
« Reply #920 on: January 12, 2012, 09:14:59 pm »
It's very nice these days as an apartment complex - really enjoying the old pictures of it.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #921 on: January 12, 2012, 09:34:28 pm »
I almost rented an apartment there.  Although the pads are very nice I feel a sense of loss that the goods sheds are now obscured.  Love those old images though - some of them must be really old.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #922 on: January 12, 2012, 09:35:21 pm »
My Daughter's interested in Photography and found this picture on a website were the person colorizes old photos.

the caption reads "Canada Dock 1909, 2nd left is The Mauretania's 1st Chief Engineer, John Currie" I assume this isn't The Maury?

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #923 on: January 12, 2012, 09:41:08 pm »
My Daughter's interested in Photography and found this picture on a website were the person colorizes old photos.

the caption reads "Canada Dock 1909, 2nd left is The Mauretania's 1st Chief Engineer, John Currie" I assume this isn't The Maury?
Although I love modern technology I actually prefer the old black and white pictures in their original form.
They have so much more character.

Offline Ylva

• Boys Pen
« Reply #924 on: January 12, 2012, 09:56:49 pm »
Although I love modern technology I actually prefer the old black and white pictures in their original form.
They have so much more character.

Not if the colorizing was done 100 years ago;) I'd say old, colorized photos has much more charm than black/white photos, because it was such a time taking process. Anything done with Photoshop is crap.

I love this thread - it makes even me nostalgic. :)

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #925 on: January 12, 2012, 10:24:13 pm »
....... I assume this isn't The Maury?

I think it probably is...

From wiki

The straps on the rudder and the position of the props seem to match, though the outer props in your pic show 4 blades instead of three as on the stocks above. (They possibly had been changed since the launch, I'll try and find out.)

But!!! The Mauretania in the picture wasn't the one built at Cammell Lairds , it was built  at Swan, Hunter & Wigham Richardson, Wallsend-on-Tyne  in 1906.

The Cammell Laird one was built in 1939 to replace this one.

At a guess, that pic of yours was probably taken in the graving dock to the right between Canada No1 & No2in the map below.

I bet they had fun piloting her into the basin and then through the gates.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 10:27:43 pm by The Gulleysucker »
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #926 on: January 12, 2012, 11:04:44 pm »
Here's a few arl photos of Scottie road.

Found them on this site http://www.myliverpoolforum.org/

Scotland Road 1908

Byrom Street

Byrom Street again

Gaiety Theatre, Scotland Road

Demolition of Brunswick Road?

« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 11:33:40 pm by Terry De Niro »

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #927 on: January 12, 2012, 11:14:50 pm »
Some amazing pics in here lads.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #928 on: January 12, 2012, 11:18:31 pm »
Terry.

That last pic can't be Scotty surely.

If thats the Royal Hossy in the background, then surely it around about Erskine Street, Brunswick Road area. Where the industrial estate now is, at the top of Islington.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #929 on: January 12, 2012, 11:18:43 pm »
Here's few of the 65 FA cup home coming...

Found these on this site http://www.myliverpoolforum.org/  You have to register to join but it's well worth it.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 03:13:39 pm by Terry De Niro »

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #930 on: January 12, 2012, 11:19:46 pm »

Terry, isn't that the Royal being built in the background? I reckon that one's taken more from the Brunswick Road area around here.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #931 on: January 12, 2012, 11:20:56 pm »
Terry.

That last pic can't be Scotty surely.

If thats the Royal Hossy in the background, then surely it around about Erskine Street, Brunswick Road area. Where the industrial estate now is, at the top of Islington.
I thought that myself when I just looked back.
They were in a topic on that site with Scottie road as the title. You're defo right mate..

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #932 on: January 12, 2012, 11:21:39 pm »
Ay Terry.  You know your memories of that cup final day.

Are they in colour, or black and white?   :P

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #933 on: January 12, 2012, 11:22:34 pm »
Terry, isn't that the Royal being built in the background? I reckon that one's taken more from the Brunswick Road area around

I've corrected it GS..

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #934 on: January 12, 2012, 11:34:52 pm »
Ay Terry.  You know your memories of that cup final day.

Are they in colour, or black and white?   :P
and for those of you who are watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball..

Offline scouserdave

• Anny Roader
  • Grafton Ballroom conceived
« Reply #935 on: January 13, 2012, 12:43:21 am »

Who took the pics Terry? FFS mate, you've posted over 40k mate. Surely you know by now to do the decent thing and give credit to the photographer?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 12:45:15 am by scouserdave »

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #936 on: January 13, 2012, 01:31:24 am »

I've had a mooch around and I  think I've found the explanation for the outer propellors being 4 blade in the Canada Dock  picture and yet only 3 bladed when she was on the builders slipway...

During speed trials, these engines caused significant vibration at high speeds; in response, Mauretania received strengthening members and redesigned propellers before entering service, which reduced vibration.   wiki

There's also a picture dated 1908 here ..

...that looks like it was possibly taken also in Canada Dock, obviously there's evidence of work going on with various ladders and stuff that's different, but the background of the dock walls certainly resembles the scene in your photo. I can't make out the outer propellor blades though.

I'm beginning to wonder if the reason it was put in Canada Dock was to do the changes to the propellors as in here it says...

Within months of her re-entry into service with the new propellers in 1909 the Mauretania held both the East and West Riband; from September of 1909 she alone would hold both.

I'm suspecting wiki is possibly wrong as to when the propellors got changed and also possibly even that the wiki photo should be dated 1909 like yours (though I suppose it could be late '08), as that link just seems a little bit more authoritative and detailed than wiki, and I have a hunch your photo was possibly taken after the work had been done in Canada dock and just before she was about to resume service.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #937 on: January 13, 2012, 02:50:19 am »
Who took the pics Terry? FFS mate, you've posted over 40k mate. Surely you know by now to do the decent thing and give credit to the photographer?
Found them on here http://www.myliverpoolforum.org/ Like I said earlier..

Oh, hang on...I haven't got a clue who took them..
Wish I did.

Just thought I'd share them on here anyway if that is OK with you?

See, most of the photos that have been posted on this thread have been found on little goldmine websites such as I and others have found by chance.
And I would never take any credit what so ever, and if indeed if you care to look back through this tremendous thread I think you my find that, this is the case with most of the "Old photos of and around Liverpool" that we have all posted..  :wave
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 03:36:24 am by Terry De Niro »

Offline scouserdave

• Anny Roader
« Reply #938 on: January 13, 2012, 05:11:57 pm »
A couple of years ago, I bought George Chandler’s Liverpool (1957) book off Ebay. I was leafing through the pages and a news cutting fell out. It was a 1962 article by the hugely respected Quentin Hughes who championed the preservation of Liverpool’s buildings. The article predates Hughes’ seminal work, Seaport by 2 years. It’s still relevant now. I wonder what Quentin Hughes would think of some our recent developments?
Also, I never knew the Echo used to be called the Liverpool Echo and Evening Express.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #939 on: January 13, 2012, 05:29:08 pm »
Terry, isn't that the Royal being built in the background? I reckon that one's taken more from the Brunswick Road area around here.

I live on Shaw Street so I'd say you're right.  A lot of streets in that area have been demolished and landscaped over into parkland.  That shot might be on Epworth Street though - it may have been a longer road back then before the demolition and road building?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #940 on: January 14, 2012, 12:27:51 am »
They're brilliant mate, before I even saw the boss pic of St John on the bus looking so relaxed I was struck by how organised the Police were with the crowd. It was so controlled and civilized, if you know what I mean.

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #941 on: January 14, 2012, 03:39:52 am »
I've had a mooch around and I  think I've found the explanation for the outer propellors being 4 blade in the Canada Dock  picture and yet only 3 bladed when she was on the builders slipway...

During speed trials, these engines caused significant vibration at high speeds; in response, Mauretania received strengthening members and redesigned propellers before entering service, which reduced vibration.   wiki

There's also a picture dated 1908 here ..

...that looks like it was possibly taken also in Canada Dock, obviously there's evidence of work going on with various ladders and stuff that's different, but the background of the dock walls certainly resembles the scene in your photo. I can't make out the outer propellor blades though.

I'm beginning to wonder if the reason it was put in Canada Dock was to do the changes to the propellors as in here it says...

Within months of her re-entry into service with the new propellers in 1909 the Mauretania held both the East and West Riband; from September of 1909 she alone would hold both.

I'm suspecting wiki is possibly wrong as to when the propellors got changed and also possibly even that the wiki photo should be dated 1909 like yours (though I suppose it could be late '08), as that link just seems a little bit more authoritative and detailed than wiki, and I have a hunch your photo was possibly taken after the work had been done in Canada dock and just before she was about to resume service.

thanks G - really interesting that. I googled the picture and found the original here http://www.flickr.com/photos/twm_news/5161383242/

see the comments below from a maritime historian regarding the evolution of the Maury's props.

NY Times 1908 when the propellor broke, several coal trimmers injured.

http://query.nytimes.com/mem/archive-free/pdf?res=F20D16FE3C5517738DDDA90A94D1405B888CF1D3

also that group of fellas in the wiki picture looks like the same bunch as in the one i posted
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 03:54:23 am by kavah »

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #942 on: January 14, 2012, 04:05:46 am »
They're brilliant mate, before I even saw the boss pic of St John on the bus looking so relaxed I was struck by how organised the Police were with the crowd. It was so controlled and civilized, if you know what I mean.
BIG TIME mate.
The likes of you and I kind of took our success for granted over the years but to think that was the real start of things to come and the success became massive after that.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #943 on: January 14, 2012, 12:32:09 pm »
Not so many old photo's but some fascinating articles from old newspapers here ...  http://www.old-merseytimes.co.uk/index.html

Offline Tsar Kastik

• Would welcome a premature one, apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #944 on: January 17, 2012, 06:34:56 pm »
If anyone knows of somewhere with old pictures of Crumb Street, Upper Fredrick Street, St James' Street, I would really appreciate it.
My 90 year old nan has been reminiscing over Christmas and I would love to able to show her some pictures.

None of the streets you mentioned are in this link, but your Nan will know Park Lane well enough...

http://streetsofliverpool.co.uk/
Plenty well, no pray; big bellyache, heap God

Offline Sweeper

• Give a little whistle
  • Kopite
  • Lifelong Rafa Supporter
« Reply #945 on: January 20, 2012, 02:12:06 pm »
Hi All,

Have been reading this thread for a long time with great enjoyment and interest. Got to be one of (if not THE) best threads on the site.

No matter what I look through I never seem to be able to find any pics of my old house / school and was wondering if anybody could point me in the right direction or indeed had any they could post.

I grew up on Vauxhall Road (L3) and we lived in Eldon Place (no.26 to be exact). I always find loads of photos of Eldon STREET but never many of Eldon PLACE. The houses were demolished around 1966 to make room for the new Wallasey Tunnel.

Whilst we lived in Eldon Place I went to a VERY small C of E church ( i think) called Our Lady & St Nicholas which was at the bottom of Eaton Street which was just off Vauxhall Road. I have never even come across anyone who has heard of the school and sometimes I think I must have imagined it....;)  It had about 40-50 pupils maximum and I would love to hear from anybody who remembers it or even went there. Although the school was small the yards were huge and I remember the back end of the playground was a huge wall and the Leeds Liverpool canal ran behind it. Bibbys Factory was also behind it.

Headmaster was Mr.Caldwell and main teacher was Mrs. Range. It later relocated / merged with another school at the top of Blenheim or Tatlock Street and was re-named, cannot remember that name though.

One of the major things about the school was that we had to leave it at lunch time every day to have our dinner. We used to have to go to a Dinner Centre that was underneath Fontenoy Gardens on Byrom Street, it was in the middle of some shops at the front, facing where JMU is now. We had to walk up Eaton Street, across Vauxhall Road, down Freemasons Row and then down on to Byrom Streer, We had to walk in two's holding hands and if we had gloves they were tied to the other kid so no-one could run away or into the road. Did anybody else ever go to this Dinner Centre and again are there any pics around? I can't believe that this would be allowed today because of the danger, it must have been a good mile walk...

If anyone can provide any info I would be really grateful, I would love to visualise some of my memories of those times
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 02:15:02 pm by Sweeper »
Cut the Cancer from our club NOW!  Thank you Rafa for your class, dignity, humility...and for being one of us!

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #946 on: January 20, 2012, 04:19:37 pm »
Hi All,

......and we lived in Eldon Place (no.26 to be exact).

Here?

Loads more of the area including the Canal and (possibly) the Church here .. http://www.freewebs.com/eldonmemww1/photographs.htm

Edit. Found some stuff that might be of use at Scottie Press here .. http://www.scottiepress.org/gallery/ourladys.htm

Is this the School?

« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 05:24:09 pm by The Gulleysucker »

Offline Big Red Richie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #947 on: January 20, 2012, 09:27:24 pm »
Unlike the info from above, which is Eldon Place........

I was down that way, last year, and Eldon Grove was still awaiting  demolishion. (I think it still maybe).

The picture of Eldon Place, which I think was one street over, the other side of Summer Seat, made me think of these.  Whilst I was down there I shot off a load of photo's of Eldon Grove, which I still havent edited.  (aprox 80)

Off the same  site, I pulled a picture of Eldon Grove ( the Black and white, below)  and the funny thing is, look at it then, when it was  'modern' housing,  and look at it now, in it's state of dereliction.
.. http://www.freewebs.com/eldonmemww1/photographs.htm

It just goes to prove that every building has a finite lifespan, and once it's served it's purpose, or not condusive to modern living, then they are deemed not fit for purpose, and demolished.

Progress!   or not?

You'll notice a lamp post in the foreground of the B&W photo - It's the same lamp post in my photo from last year, just from a slightly different (ground level) angle.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 09:36:15 pm by Big Red Richie »

Offline Big Red Richie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #948 on: January 21, 2012, 03:39:03 am »
Don't really know weather to throw this in here, or to start a thread in the main forum.

Liverpool Echo doing an archive series on Anfield, plus you can request photo's from their archives.

Fill ya boots.

WITH news again emerging this week of Liverpool FC possibly building a new stadium on Stanley Park, we've raided the archive for some nostalgic old pictures of one of the world's most famous football grounds - home of the Reds since their formation in 1892 but, before that, their Mersey neighbours Everton.

You can view more nostalgia articles and photographs in our dedicated channel here - if there is any place or person you'd like us to feature soon, tell us in the comments below.

Read More http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2012/01/20/gallery-archive-pictures-of-anfield-football-ground-home-of-liverpool-fc-and-once-upon-a-time-everton-100252-30167717/#ixzz1k3n2EIkP

selected highlights.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 03:48:07 am by Big Red Richie »

Offline Big Red Richie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #949 on: January 21, 2012, 03:54:14 am »
Plus the older 'gulleysucker coloured' ones. ;)

Offline scouserdave

• Anny Roader
« Reply #950 on: January 21, 2012, 10:33:56 am »
Unlike the info from above, which is Eldon Place........

I was down that way, last year, and Eldon Grove was still awaiting  demolishion. (I think it still maybe).

The picture of Eldon Place, which I think was one street over, the other side of Summer Seat, made me think of these.  Whilst I was down there I shot off a load of photo's of Eldon Grove, which I still havent edited.  (aprox 80)

It's a pity about Eldon Grove. It really looked on the cards at one time that were going to be refurbished. Here's a few pics I've taken over the years, plus some info I posted on Flickr last year:
A big shame about this whole block of homes. In the early 2000's, it looked like they were going to be saved when George Kountis bought it off the council for redevelopment. George got as far as refurbishing one dwelling as a show home, but money got tight and now the block is back on sale.

Offline Sweeper

• Give a little whistle
  • Kopite
« Reply #951 on: January 21, 2012, 02:34:21 pm »
Here?

Loads more of the area including the Canal and (possibly) the Church here .. http://www.freewebs.com/eldonmemww1/photographs.htm

Edit. Found some stuff that might be of use at Scottie Press here .. http://www.scottiepress.org/gallery/ourladys.htm

Is this the School?

Hi Gulley, Those pics are of Eldon Grove. Eldon place started at Vauxhall road and then went up into Eldon Grove. There used to be big kick off footy matches on there at the weekends and everyone used to stand on the landings to watch.

The start of Eldon Street used to be terraced houses (2 up, 2 down) and at the bottom was Aggie Rollo's shop. The houses were all on the right hand side to start with, there was a school playground at the bottom which finished half way up before a small 'holler' and then the priests house and then some more houses. I think Latimer street went across the top and then it turned into Eldon Grove and Bevington Bush. The street started on Vauxhall road facing Chisenhale Street

The next street along was Summer Seat at the top and the pub the Non Pareil was half way up. I think the bottom half of the street was Arley Street. Nearly all the shots i see are of Eldon Grove because of the architecture and it gets confused a lot with Eldon Place.

The school is not the right one. It wasn't as dark as that. and the yard was different. That school is 'Our Lady's' which was in Eldon street. The school I am looking for is Our Lady & St Nicholas which was in Eaton Street. Lots of people confuse the 2. Our Lady's was a catholic school and was quite large.

I have never found anyone who actually went to Our Lady & St.Nicholas or remembers it, someone must have gone there !!! Even my relative Margaret Donnely who has a fantastic knowledge of the area cannot remember it.....  I was there from 1959/60 until about 1966 / 67 when I left to go to John Hamilton High School (anybody got any pics of that or went there?)

Please keep em coming guys, we are bound to find some somewhere....(I hope)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 02:43:04 pm by Sweeper »
Cut the Cancer from our club NOW!  Thank you Rafa for your class, dignity, humility...and for being one of us!

Offline Sweeper

• Give a little whistle
  • Kopite
« Reply #952 on: January 21, 2012, 02:56:54 pm »
http://www.freewebs.com/eldonmemww1/plan%201913.jpg

This is a plan of the area in 1913, as you can see Eldon place only comes up to Tichfield Street, once you go across that you are into Bevington Strreet and Eldon Grove on the left.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #953 on: January 21, 2012, 03:00:03 pm »
Don't really know weather to throw this in here, or to start a thread in the main forum.

Liverpool Echo doing an archive series on Anfield, plus you can request photo's from their archives.

Fill ya boots.
Richie, that is a goldmine mate.
Thanks for sharing.

Offline scouserdave

• Anny Roader
« Reply #954 on: January 21, 2012, 03:11:29 pm »
Hi Gulley, Those pics are of Eldon Grove. Eldon place started at Vauxhall road and then went up into Eldon Grove. There used to be big kick off footy matches on there at the weekends and everyone used to stand on the landings to watch.

The start of Eldon Street used to be terraced houses (2 up, 2 down) and at the bottom was Aggie Rollo's shop. The houses were all on the right hand side to start with, there was a school playground at the bottom which finished half way up before a small 'holler' and then the priests house and then some more houses. I think Latimer street went across the top and then it turned into Eldon Grove and Bevington Bush. The street started on Vauxhall road facing Chisenhale Street

The next street along was Summer Seat at the top and the pub the Non Pareil was half way up. I think the bottom half of the street was Arley Street. Nearly all the shots i see are of Eldon Grove because of the architecture and it gets confused a lot with Eldon Place.

The school is not the right one. It wasn't as dark as that. and the yard was different. That school is 'Our Lady's' which was in Eldon street. The school I am looking for is Our Lady & St Nicholas which was in Eaton Street. Lots of people confuse the 2. Our Lady's was a catholic school and was quite large.

I have never found anyone who actually went to Our Lady & St.Nicholas or remembers it, someone must have gone there !!! Even my relative Margaret Donnely who has a fantastic knowledge of the area cannot remember it.....  I was there from 1959/60 until about 1966 / 67 when I left to go to John Hamilton High School (anybody got any pics of that or went there?)

Please keep em coming guys, we are bound to find some somewhere....(I hope)
Sweeper, you're right. That school pic is from Our Lady of Reconciliation School. I had a coulple of mates that went to the proddy Our Lady school. Friends Reunited have a few Old Boys and Girls http://www.friendsreunited.co.uk/School.page/Our_Lady_and_St_Nicholas_CofE/384711/Details

Offline Sweeper

• Give a little whistle
  • Kopite
« Reply #955 on: January 21, 2012, 03:23:25 pm »
Sweeper, you're right. That school pic is from Our Lady of Reconciliation School. I had a coulple of mates that went to the proddy Our Lady school. Friends Reunited have a few Old Boys and Girls http://www.friendsreunited.co.uk/School.page/Our_Lady_and_St_Nicholas_CofE/384711/Details
Hi Dave, checked that and they all appear to be much earlier, will contact them all and see if there are any pics available. Thanks for the help.
There must still be people who  are on RAWK who went there or know of it.

More digging to be done.....................

Offline Tsar Kastik

• Would welcome a premature one, apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #956 on: January 21, 2012, 04:33:50 pm »
It's mentioned here Sweeper.......

http://liverpool-schools.co.uk/html/m_-_q.html
Plenty well, no pray; big bellyache, heap God

Offline Sweeper

• Give a little whistle
  • Kopite
« Reply #957 on: January 22, 2012, 11:05:26 am »
It's mentioned here Sweeper.......

http://liverpool-schools.co.uk/html/m_-_q.html
Thanks Tsar, that is it, my memory is not playing tricks........
Just need to see if there are any pics around, would be great to sees some, somebody must have something somewhere

Thanks for your help mate

Offline RedBootsTommySmith

• Kopite
« Reply #958 on: February 6, 2012, 06:41:45 am »
Plus the older 'gulleysucker coloured' ones. ;)

Top one is the entrance to the boy's pen.

For the Liverpool v Celtic game that gate got shut in my face, I was the locked out. God, I was mad I missed that game.

I just spent about two hours trolling through this thread.  To all the contributors, a big thank you!

Victorious and glorious....

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #959 on: February 8, 2012, 06:09:44 pm »

Brought a lump to my thoat that...what a picture...where it all began
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.