Author Topic: FT Everton 0 vs Liverpool 1 - (Mane 95' in Jurgietime)  (Read 65121 times)

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
Re: FT Everton 0 vs Liverpool 1 - (Mane 95' in Jurgietime)
« Reply #680 on: December 20, 2016, 12:39:41 am »

Offline bodhisattva

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #681 on: December 20, 2016, 12:41:29 am »
I'm Bobby's biggest fan but he was absolutely awful tonight, truth be told. I'd have taken him off after an hour in all honesty. I'd rest him against Stoke on the 27th and bring Sturridge in to give him a bit of a rest and make sure he's fresh as a daisy for City on NYE.

I think he's too important to the way we play to rest, even if he's not contributing much offensively at the moment he still offers us so much with his work rate, movement
and game intelligence. Tonight he would have scored but not for an excellent clearance off the line and he was better in the 2nd half like the rest of the team.

Great win and a very dominant 2nd half against a team that tried their best to hurt one of our players, fully deserved the win cos we were the only team playing football, and the only team trying to win.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #682 on: December 20, 2016, 12:42:24 am »
Perspective.

Loris Karius ‏@LorisKarius  11s12 seconds ago
Very important derby win for us tonight...⚽ But my thoughts are with the victims in my homeland Germany 😔 #Berlin #YNWA 🙏
RIP

Offline Tjfruits

• Anny Roader
« Reply #683 on: December 20, 2016, 12:42:31 am »
Is right reds!

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #684 on: December 20, 2016, 12:42:43 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ItNsvINsm-4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ItNsvINsm-4</a>

And it gonna take some Maneeeeee

A WHOLE LOTTA SADIO MANE

TO DO IT RIIIIGHT NOW

8) :wave ;D :hally :scarf :wellin
YNWA

Offline jdegner

• Main Stander
  • LOVREN 90+1
« Reply #685 on: December 20, 2016, 12:44:19 am »
So good to be browsing Everton forums right now. Right, I ain't got nothing better to do.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #686 on: December 20, 2016, 12:48:05 am »
All day I had a feeling that Mane would score leading up to the match. Right before he scored, I walked away from my desk for a minute, I couldn't bear at looking at livescore anymore, and as I was walking back, I was thinking and saying to myself watch us score as soon as I check the result. And boooom!

Offline norecat

• Kopite
« Reply #687 on: December 20, 2016, 12:49:46 am »
Just read the Telegraph's two articles on last night's game. Based on their articles it wasn't the one I watched save for agreeing Barkley should have walked. Apparently, according to the Telegraph, Klavan/Lovren were shaky. Everton showed admirable intensity and Liverpool need a plan B. What were those journalists smoking?

Everton were dire. Everton were thuggish in their approach. Hoofball to Lukaku was what their play amounted too.
Klavan/Lovren looked solid though given how poor Everton were I would'nt be saying their completely the bees knees.
We, Liverpool, played well specially second half. Sure it wasn't vintage but we dominated the game second half. You would have thought Everton were the away side. The Sky commentating team were pish as well.

Online Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #688 on: December 20, 2016, 12:50:55 am »
I'm Bobby's biggest fan but he was absolutely awful tonight, truth be told. I'd have taken him off after an hour in all honesty. I'd rest him against Stoke on the 27th and bring Sturridge in to give him a bit of a rest and make sure he's fresh as a daisy for City on NYE.

"Absolutely awful" is harsh TB. He's been well below his best for a while, and it can become frustrating watching him misplace pass after pass.

But count the number of times he wins back possession with clever tackles, having tracked late runners. I wish I could make one of those YT compilations to make my point. There's so much more to his game than people realise, not least his understanding of space and how to exploit it - a perfect player for Klopp's philosophy.

Yes he can frustrate, and I found myself cursing him many times tonight! But there are reasons why Klopp obviously rates him.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #689 on: December 20, 2016, 12:57:50 am »
"Absolutely awful" is harsh TB. He's been well below his best for a while, and it can become frustrating watching him misplace pass after pass.

But count the number of times he wins back possession with clever tackles, having tracked late runners. I wish I could make one of those YT compilations to make my point. There's so much more to his game than people realise, not least his understanding of space and how to exploit it - a perfect player for Klopp's philosophy.

Yes he can frustrate, and I found myself cursing him many times tonight! But there are reasons why Klopp obviously rates him.

No no, I agree that he's brilliant and has so much more to his game than just what he does on the ball. It's one of the main reasons I rate him as highly as I do, perhaps as our best player after Coutinho. But that was a genuinely poor performance tonight, he wasn't with it at all.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #690 on: December 20, 2016, 12:59:01 am »
Just watched the match after being at work and managing to avoid the score.

GET THE FUCK IN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline Frizzo

• Having a Bad Hair Life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #691 on: December 20, 2016, 12:59:32 am »
So good to be browsing Everton forums right now. Right, I ain't got nothing better to do.
I know, me too :-D

Found this gem...

"Steve0 said: ↑
They're truly awful and the fact they're second in the league is a terrible testament to the claim this is the best league in the world."

Well in Steve :wellin

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #692 on: December 20, 2016, 01:00:09 am »
Massive win - step up Danny Sturridge to unpick the lock and Mane to smash in the winner.

FEEL THE FEWM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lmao :lmao :lmao
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline Kop307

• Bets against Liverpool. "I could be talking utter fucking shit".
  • Kopite
« Reply #693 on: December 20, 2016, 01:00:51 am »
Lets have it right Everton did nothing in the game. They came out all guns blazing, and created nothing. From 30 minutes onwards we dominated them from back to front. They didn't create a single goal scoring chance in 90 minutes. We defended superbly, just as we did the other day away at Boro. They were on top in that first 30 but what did they do? Ask yourself.

It's so easy to say this team can't defend, I'm adamant we're actually alright at the back. Mad stuff seems to happen to us. Against West Ham Karius has a mare for the first, the 2nd bounces of Hendo's head and lands inches to far behind Matip and puts their lad clean through - it's insane. It's very odd stuff. Away at Bournemouth their 2nd goal is a horrendous cross that beats all of our defenders by going behind them, and then Karius should save it. Their 3rd goal, their CB pulls it down and swivels like Messi and scores the goal of his career.

Basically my point is, when mad shit doesn't happen, we look great at the back. No mad shit happened tonight. Klavan might wanna let Lukaku out of his pocket for his crimbo dinner.
There are 2 types of posters on RAWK - Those who have an opinion and post - and those who just comment on those who post. Have an opinion - grow up.

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #694 on: December 20, 2016, 01:02:54 am »

Online KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #695 on: December 20, 2016, 01:03:04 am »
I  love that we pumped them at the height of their shthousery.  They went all out with their alehouse tactics and sectionable support. ..and we  still  beat them.

-Every tackle a foul.
-Homer officials.
-Always the victim singing lowlife.
-Longball merchant hypocrites.
-Tarpaulin and scaffolding success deniers.

Get it right up them.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #696 on: December 20, 2016, 01:04:34 am »

Sums it up, no better way to win a match

merry christmas blue shite
choose Life.

Online Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #697 on: December 20, 2016, 01:06:02 am »
No no, I agree that he's brilliant and has so much more to his game than just what he does on the ball. It's one of the main reasons I rate him as highly as I do, perhaps as our best player after Coutinho. But that was a genuinely poor performance tonight, he wasn't with it at all.

Well we almost agree👍 I found Klopp's defence of him after tonight's win very illuminating.

Let's hope he gets a break, as you suggest, and comes back to his best for key games against other top four contenders. Stoke might be the perfect opportunity.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #698 on: December 20, 2016, 01:07:32 am »
"Jurgietime" :lmao :lmao

Offline MiserableP15

• Liable to get overexcited at the site of opposition goalie's rear
  • Legacy Fan
  • Certified thread killer - Best on the web.
« Reply #699 on: December 20, 2016, 01:08:02 am »

He's been off form for a few games but look where he was in the 85tg minute if that ball came off the post the other way.

Quality even when not on it.
"So Bierhoff’s got a short time to press his claims, now that the other two strikers who started the match have both been taken off……Kuntz."

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #700 on: December 20, 2016, 01:09:01 am »
Well we almost agree👍 I found Klopp's defence of him after tonight's win very illuminating.

Let's hope he gets a break, as you suggest, and comes back to his best for key games against other top four contenders. Stoke might be the perfect opportunity.

I'd definitely put him on the bench for Stoke. Start Sturridge, let Humungous D show what he can do and maybe bring him off after an hour depending on the score/how he's playing. In either case, Sturridge or Firmino are not the sort of players you want to see coming off the bench.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Souness1

• Kopite
  • Lallana is the second coming
« Reply #701 on: December 20, 2016, 01:10:49 am »
Firmino wasn't useless. His first touch was good and he couldn't scored apart from a great clearance off the line.

maybe useless was a bit over the top but he lost the ball a hell of a lot.

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #702 on: December 20, 2016, 01:15:05 am »
:lmao :lmao :lmao  :wellin :wellin

Offline zip

• Legacy Fan
  • That was liquid football!
« Reply #703 on: December 20, 2016, 01:15:36 am »
2 clean sheets in a row - we're pretty much doing a Chelsea!
One day, people will hopefully look back and say "I was there son. I was there the year that Spurs won nothing again."

Offline Souness1

• Kopite
  • Lallana is the second coming
« Reply #704 on: December 20, 2016, 01:24:24 am »
I  love that we pumped them at the height of their shthousery.  They went all out with their alehouse tactics and sectionable support. ..and we  still  beat them.

-Every tackle a foul.
-Homer officials.
-Always the victim singing lowlife.
-Longball merchant hypocrites.
-Tarpaulin and scaffolding success deniers.

Get it right up them.

Aye, they thought if they got us into a proper battle then the game was theirs. We are so much stronger mentally than people give us credit for (including large parts of our own fanbase). I know Arsenal arent a good yard stick to measure against but they got sucked into a horrible game and didnt want to know yet we adapted. Fucking brilliant. Couldnt have written a better script.

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #705 on: December 20, 2016, 01:24:54 am »

Fuck that's a nice gif!

The best way to win it after their shite supporters display. Made up!

In Lucas' voice: he was fewming  :lmao
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline bravoco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never made the 1st team
« Reply #706 on: December 20, 2016, 01:36:38 am »
Just caught up with the game. Fantastic result - well in Reds.

Would have been a frustrating one to lose, with only one team playing football out there for the last hour.

Hate to be a blue right now.  :scarf

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #707 on: December 20, 2016, 01:47:17 am »
I'd definitely put him on the bench for Stoke. Start Sturridge, let Humungous D show what he can do and maybe bring him off after an hour depending on the score/how he's playing. In either case, Sturridge or Firmino are not the sort of players you want to see coming off the bench.

Ohhhh we could play the Sturridge / Origi diamond.... the wrecker of dreams...

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #708 on: December 20, 2016, 01:50:21 am »
Felt like we Rope a doped them like Ali did to Foreman. They gave their all in the first half and were out on their feet and we pounced. Great win, plenty of grit shown and can only help build that tough mentality. On a side note Barkley is a proper shithouse.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #709 on: December 20, 2016, 02:01:30 am »
It's just a shame that Turkey, Berlin and the US Electoral College have conspired to turn a day when we beat Woodison in the 95th minute into a shit day...

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #710 on: December 20, 2016, 02:02:05 am »
Oops, negative post!

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #711 on: December 20, 2016, 02:02:40 am »
I'm loving the smug look on my avatar's face right now...

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #712 on: December 20, 2016, 02:07:09 am »

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #713 on: December 20, 2016, 02:19:12 am »
Still on the beer. Love it. Great win. The later the better against them.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
« Reply #714 on: December 20, 2016, 02:29:31 am »
First derby since I moved to Oz.

7am kick off this morning, dancing around the room like a dickhead at the end ;D

Still smiling. 94th minute winners are always great but ruining the blues Christmas just made it that much better.

Fewmin :lmao

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #715 on: December 20, 2016, 02:30:09 am »

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #716 on: December 20, 2016, 02:43:06 am »
Just finished watching.  Not our best performance ever, but absolutely shut them out of the game in an attacking sense in the second half and fuck it, it's the derby so it's always likely to be a bit scrappy.  Turning them over in stoppage time after all of the bollocks with their keeper was particularly satisfying.  Nice to see Danny aking an impact after coming on also.  The bitters must be...well, probably the same as they usually are.  Get the fuck in!! 

Offline DutchRed

• Legacy Fan
  • =
« Reply #717 on: December 20, 2016, 02:50:57 am »
Didn't give them one chance to score. Not a single one. OK, could have done a lot more going forward but at least kept going right until the end and hey, there we go..
It's just sex and violence, melody and silence.

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #718 on: December 20, 2016, 02:51:05 am »
You know what that Barkley still has the potential to be the next Gerrard if he really improves his game.

Anthony Gerrard, but still he might get there one day...
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #719 on: December 20, 2016, 02:54:22 am »
Lovely feeling getting the winner against those shitehouses who couldn't be arsed playing football. Well in Mane.