Author Topic: Cancer  (Read 247403 times)

Online IrishSu

• percalifragilisticexpialidocious. I am WOman, Hear me RAWK!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • Like an Irish Stew, just not as lumpy
Re: Cancer
« Reply #2160 on: April 7, 2017, 10:10:26 pm »
G_d bless you and all who sail with you.

I don't know you but I am thinking good thoughts for you this minute.

Thank you.

I'm undergoing surgery this Tuesday to have the lump removed. That will be followed up with hormonal and radiation therapy. They do not have the HER pathology result yet but they decided to act now and not wait. If it is HER positive then I will need chemo. One step at a time though. Get in on Tuesday and get it out!

JFT96 YNWA

Offline Bioluminescence

• Hidden Gem
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2161 on: April 9, 2017, 09:28:43 pm »
So here I am.

On 19/12/2016 I noticed a peculiar mole/freckle on Mr. Irish Su and insisted he got it checked out. He did and on 13/01/2017 he had it duly removed. Results were back on 10/02/2017 and we were told it was a melanoma. In situ. Not the worst news in the world and it required another procedure to remove more skin to 'be on the safe side'. That was eventually carried out on 09/03/2017 and we still await results but the consultant on the day was satisfied it was just a formality.

Roll back to 10/02/2017, the day we got the 'melanoma' result. That morning I was showering and felt a lump. I thought, hello, where did you come from. I'm a 45 year old healthy female. I've had various 'lumps' over the years that all transpired to be benign growths or cysts. This felt different though. I waited until 10/03/2017 to visit my GP - to establish if it was due to my monthly cycle and would it just disappear as quickly as it arrived. It didn't.

Things have moved at a tremendous rate since then. Thursday gone, I was diagnosed with breast cancer - the type/stage is not yet confirmed. This Thursday I will be meeting with my 'team' to discuss my surgery options and therapy. If truth be known I knew since 10/02/2017 when I first felt it. I have never backed down from a fight in my life and it now looks like I'm embarking on the fight of my life! So be it. My family and friends have been fantastic and I have no doubt they will continue to be. I have a 19 year old son so I plan on going no where for a long time.

I don't post much on RAWK but decided this might be somewhat cathartic. You really couldn't make up the time line/circumstances but it is what it is. May God grant me strength to see this fight through.

Only after posting did I realise it was my 96th post. JFT96.

Wishing you all the best. I was diagnosed in 2006 at the age of 32. It was an aggressive form of cancer and I had six years of treatment, five of which hormone therapy. Mine was also HER2 positive, which meant a year of Herceptin, which wasn't actually too bad. I hope all goes well for you and you're back on your feet soon. Sending you lots of healing vibes, I'll have everything crossed for you.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2162 on: April 10, 2017, 01:39:44 am »
Thank you.

I'm undergoing surgery this Tuesday to have the lump removed. That will be followed up with hormonal and radiation therapy. They do not have the HER pathology result yet but they decided to act now and not wait. If it is HER positive then I will need chemo. One step at a time though. Get in on Tuesday and get it out!

My mum had her surgery for the same this past winter, followed by radiation and other meds (like Tamoxifen). She did suffer from radiation burns, which were uncomfortable, but a month on from her last radiation session, she's feeling pretty good. No pain as such, just nerves still shooting back up after the damage caused from surgery (which she said wasn't painful - an actually surprisingly easy). She goes in today for another follow-up, and she'll find out her results sometime in September when they can do a scan again. She's stayed strong throughout it, and she's usually an extremely negative person about things like this, and she's doing great now. It's a fight, but you know you have it in you. We all do.

Wish you all the best and an easy recovery from surgery. You've got this!

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #2163 on: April 10, 2017, 04:11:37 pm »
Had my last scan today. I'll get the results in 2 weeks time. When (not if) the results show nothing the docs have told me I'm completely out of the woods and that I'll no longer need to go to check ups anymore.

IrishSu fingers crossed here for the best result possible and for a speedy recovery after your surgery.

Godspeed everyone!

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #2164 on: April 10, 2017, 04:15:14 pm »
Had my last scan today. I'll get the results in 2 weeks time. When (not if) the results show nothing the docs have told me I'm completely out of the woods and that I'll no longer need to go to check ups anymore.

IrishSu fingers crossed here for the best result possible and for a speedy recovery after your surgery.

Godspeed everyone!

Good to hear mate!!

IrishSu all the best in your fight forwards!

I won't give an update, just to say it's not going well with my mom.

Online IrishSu

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #2165 on: April 10, 2017, 10:10:23 pm »
Thank you everyone for all your support. It's great to read about positive outcomes.

Will let you know how the surgery goes. Bring it on!
JFT96 YNWA

Online IrishSu

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #2166 on: April 12, 2017, 01:35:55 pm »
Had the op yesterday. Feeling good. Just been for a nice long stroll and have started the recommended exercises. No pain just a little discomfort. Will have results from the sentinel node biopsy in 2 weeks time. At least the ball is in motion and things are moving along nicely. Will let you all know what the outcome of the follow up is. Thanks again for all the good wishes.
JFT96 YNWA

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2167 on: April 12, 2017, 01:36:31 pm »
Had the op yesterday. Feeling good. Just been for a nice long stroll and have started the recommended exercises. No pain just a little discomfort. Will have results from the sentinel node biopsy in 2 weeks time. At least the ball is in motion and things are moving along nicely. Will let you all know what the outcome of the follow up is. Thanks again for all the good wishes.

Good to hear mate! Holding thumbs and toes and fingers for ya!

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #2168 on: April 12, 2017, 07:38:58 pm »
Chakan, I am sorry to hear that my friend.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2169 on: April 12, 2017, 07:39:48 pm »
Chakan, I am sorry to hear that my friend.

Thanks mate, unfortunately nothing we can do...

Such is life.

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #2170 on: April 18, 2017, 09:31:25 am »
Had some scares in the family lately.

Last autumn, doctors discovered a lump in my father-in-law's chest. Luckily it wasn't malignant so he's had a clean bill of health since. What's worse is that my fiancees' "aunt" (uncle's wife) is in surgery today to remove multiple tumours in her abdomen and womb. It's spread from the womb to the abdomen and doctors can't know the extent until they look inside. So my fiancees' "aunt" is going through a 7 hour surgery today. Praying she pulls through and makes a full recovery.

This woman is very dear to my fiancee and our kids (and me) so these are anxiety filled times for us.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2171 on: April 18, 2017, 02:07:34 pm »
Willie, I am sorry to here this, hopefully there is not as much as one might fear, post surgery she will be out of it for a few days, at least my mum was when she had similar surgery.

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2172 on: April 18, 2017, 03:50:31 pm »
Thanks for caring mate. It's trying. Can't even begin to imagine what it's like for her kids (my fiancees' cousins) and her husband of 40+ years

She is out of surgery now. 7 hours was estimated but done in 4. They removed womb, ovaries, peritoneum, spleen and some colon. But it seems that it was a success. So we feel like crying but are afraid to yet as there is a period of chemo therapy to get whatever cancerous cells they couldn't see. But we feel a bit more optimistic.

Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Crimson_Tank

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2173 on: April 19, 2017, 02:56:05 am »
Yeah man that sounds hauntingly familiar. Take solace in the fact that the surgery was deem successful and help and support he through the Chemo, it will be necessary and hopefully it too shall be successful. 

Warm thoughts mate.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2174 on: April 19, 2017, 08:24:51 am »
Thank you my friend, I do appreciate the concern.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Online IrishSu

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #2175 on: April 26, 2017, 09:07:38 pm »
Had my check up today. Got a hat trick! Lymph nodes are clear, margins are clear and I'm HER 2 negative. Just waiting on the oncotype results now which should be due in a few weeks. So it looks like radiation therapy and tamoxifen for 5 years at the min.
I feel absolutely blessed. And indeed I am. Hope everyone else (or their loved ones) in this thread is doing well.

Having a long overdue glass of Red. Best wishes to all.
JFT96 YNWA

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2176 on: April 26, 2017, 09:08:16 pm »
Good to hear mate. Glad for you!

Online IrishSu

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #2177 on: April 26, 2017, 09:10:52 pm »
Good to hear mate. Glad for you!
Fair play Chakan, you're quick off the mark!

Hope things are as good as they possibly can be for you and yours. x

JFT96 YNWA

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2178 on: April 26, 2017, 09:12:12 pm »
Fair play Chakan, you're quick off the mark!

Hope things are as good as they possibly can be for you and yours. x

Hehe true that!

Yeah unfortunately not at the moment, just trying to make mom as comfortable as possible really. But such is life.

Online IrishSu

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #2179 on: April 26, 2017, 09:16:26 pm »
Hehe true that!

Yeah unfortunately not at the moment, just trying to make mom as comfortable as possible really. But such is life.

That's sad to hear mate. I wish you all the strength you need at this time and I really do appreciate your concern especially in light of what you're going through. Your Mom must be very proud of you. She deserves to be. x
JFT96 YNWA

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2180 on: April 26, 2017, 09:18:00 pm »
That's sad to hear mate. I wish you all the strength you need at this time and I really do appreciate your concern especially in light of what you're going through. Your Mom must be very proud of you. She deserves to be. x

Thanks mate, means a lot!

Good positive stories like yours helps, good to hear people getting the better of this bastard disease.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2181 on: April 27, 2017, 07:34:17 am »
Had my check up today. Got a hat trick! Lymph nodes are clear, margins are clear and I'm HER 2 negative. Just waiting on the oncotype results now which should be due in a few weeks. So it looks like radiation therapy and tamoxifen for 5 years at the min.
I feel absolutely blessed. And indeed I am. Hope everyone else (or their loved ones) in this thread is doing well.

Having a long overdue glass of Red. Best wishes to all.

That gave me a good feeling in my stomach. Very happy for you.  :champ
Love Ren & Stimpy

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2182 on: April 27, 2017, 07:56:28 am »
Went to my final check up on Monday to get the results from my scan 2 weeks ago. It was as good as can be. Nothing to see and no indications of any tumors in my body, so basically I'm out of the woods and so much that the doc said I don't have to come in for any more checks ups!! What a reflief!!!  :scarf

IrishSU what a nice message for you. Best of luck with the treatment from now on. Fingers crossed that'll do the trick for you.  :wellin

Chakan I hope you're coping despite the situation. Godspeed to you all.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2183 on: April 27, 2017, 08:01:41 am »
Went to my final check up on Monday to get the results from my scan 2 weeks ago. It was as good as can be. Nothing to see and no indications of any tumors in my body, so basically I'm out of the woods and so much that the doc said I don't have to come in for any more checks ups!! What a reflief!!!  :scarf

IrishSU what a nice message for you. Best of luck with the treatment from now on. Fingers crossed that'll do the trick for you.  :wellin

Chakan I hope you're coping despite the situation. Godspeed to you all.

The good news keep on coming. That is excellent news. Congratulations mate.  ;) :champ
Love Ren & Stimpy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2184 on: April 27, 2017, 08:06:19 am »
A thought for you too Chakan. I've only just come to learn how this affects you, as I've talked about above.

It's so hard to stay strong and positive, but you have to. All that's happened is a powerful reminder to me that all the stuff I used to worry about means fuck all in the great scheme of things. I can't believe how I could complain about some things that happened in my life.

Bit of an update from me: since she had surgery, she was moved to a hospital closer to home. There have been complications so that she can't start chemo as scheduled. She's been x-rayed 8 times the last couple of days to see what is wrong, but the doctors don't know. She is really sick and keeps vomiting.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Online IrishSu

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #2185 on: April 27, 2017, 09:14:46 pm »
Thanks for all the good wishes guys.

On another positive note, Mr. Irish Su got word today that his margins, from the procedure on 09/03/2017, are clear! They will start 'mapping' in about 4 months time to keep an eye on things going forward. So not a bad couple of days overall  :)

Thanks again, I will keep you all updated with my progress.

Love and best wishes to all. x
JFT96 YNWA

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2186 on: April 27, 2017, 09:55:37 pm »
Thanks for the thoughts guys, really appreciate it!

Offline Mag Hull

• Lanca Shire
  • Kopite
  • Celebrating National Shite Day since 1968
« Reply #2187 on: April 28, 2017, 10:09:42 pm »
Delighted for you both Mediocre & IrishSu and best of luck for you and yours going forward.
Chakan - keep on keeping on mate ---  thoughts with you.
Get your fucking hedge cut!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2188 on: May 7, 2017, 01:21:09 pm »
The good news keep on coming. That is excellent news. Congratulations mate.  ;) :champ

Bit of an update from me: since she had surgery, she was moved to a hospital closer to home. There have been complications so that she can't start chemo as scheduled. She's been x-rayed 8 times the last couple of days to see what is wrong, but the doctors don't know. She is really sick and keeps vomiting.

Thanks so much, Willie. :thumbup

It's tough what you're going through. Went through the same with my dad and it's SO frustrating not getting an answer and knowing what's wrong.

I hope you find out soon and that she gets better.

Take care! YNWA

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2189 on: May 11, 2017, 11:47:55 am »
Mom passed away today. Sad and relieved. Such a horrible disease , least she is rid of it.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2190 on: May 11, 2017, 11:51:50 am »
Fuck. Really sorry for your loss Chakan. Wish there was more I could say!  :'(

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2191 on: May 11, 2017, 12:24:42 pm »
So sorry to hear that. I hope you are ok. Take care mate.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #2192 on: May 11, 2017, 12:31:39 pm »
Sorry, Chakan.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #2193 on: May 11, 2017, 12:33:01 pm »
Mom passed away today. Sad and relieved. Such a horrible disease , least she is rid of it.

Wish you a long life.

Sorry to hear of your loss mate.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Crimson_Tank

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2194 on: May 11, 2017, 01:18:47 pm »
Chakan, reach out if you need to mate.

Online IrishSu

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #2195 on: May 11, 2017, 05:15:06 pm »
Chakan, so sad to read this. Hope you stay strong and remember the good times. Praise your Mom for making you who you are.

Thoughts and prayers are with you. x
JFT96 YNWA

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #2196 on: May 11, 2017, 05:22:10 pm »
Sorry for your loss chakan.

My mum's still battling away, just been told it's grade 3 not 2 which has knocked her a bit. Still refusing chemo. At 84 next month can't say I blame her. What a twat of a thing it is.

Offline Mag Hull

• Lanca Shire
  • Kopite
  • Celebrating National Shite Day since 1968
« Reply #2197 on: May 17, 2017, 06:34:50 pm »
Thoughts with you mate
Get your fucking hedge cut!!!!

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2198 on: May 17, 2017, 06:52:12 pm »
I don't normally look in this thread. Very sorry to hear about this.

Thoughts are with you and yours, G.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2199 on: May 17, 2017, 06:54:55 pm »
Thanks again all.

Going on the weekend to Tybee Island to scatter moms ashes in the ocean. Think we can all use a mini vacation.