Author Topic: The most expensive drawing in history  (Read 39862 times)

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
Re: The most expensive drawing in history
« Reply #160 on: May 3, 2012, 06:23:49 pm »
This is the statement:

“But I think the important indicator here is this £59m charge for exceptional items and as a business that’s been in a transition, it’s about moving from where we were to where we want to be.

“We have written off a huge amount on the stadium project .

“A big chunk of that £50m loss relates to the HKS project - which is now defunct - and associated costs around that.

“With new ownership, that was kind of milling around within the club’s accounts and there was a very definite need to move that out.

Ayre said the millions spent went on a combination of design work by the previous owners who brought in their own design team from Dallas - plus legal and administrative costs around permissions and many other things.

So a huge chunk of money written off on fees for the HKS stadium and other associated costs.

If anyone has evidence of criminal activity including fraud and kickbacks, or complicity by employees and officers of the club in a coverup then please report it to the relevant authorities. If you don't then please don't post potentially libelous accusations on the site.

Otherwise it's just conspiracy stories extrapolated from personal experience and anecdote. We don't know what HKS' fee agreement was, we don't know what stage they were at or the termination clauses in their appointment. We don't know what the other costs are. Asserting that fees would be less because of early termination is not my experience (anecdote and personal experience again). I have never agreed a lower fee because a project stopped. In fact if a project has stopped and especially if I'm not going to work with that client again, I would ensure I got paid in full.

There's no doubt that the amount of money wasted is excessive, but none of us know whether it was criminality or cock-up. 
« Last Edit: May 3, 2012, 06:25:32 pm by Alan_X »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline flashman

• Lacking Cum Stilettos
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #161 on: May 3, 2012, 06:27:58 pm »
This is the statement:

“But I think the important indicator here is this £59m charge for exceptional items and as a business that’s been in a transition, it’s about moving from where we were to where we want to be.

“We have written off a huge amount on the stadium project .

“A big chunk of that £50m loss relates to the HKS project - which is now defunct - and associated costs around that.

“With new ownership, that was kind of milling around within the club’s accounts and there was a very definite need to move that out.

Ayre said the millions spent went on a combination of design work by the previous owners who brought in their own design team from Dallas - plus legal and administrative costs around permissions and many other things.

So a huge chunk of money written off on fees for the HKS stadium and other associated costs.

If anyone has evidence of criminal activity including fraud and kickbacks, or complicity by employees and officers of the club in a coverup then please report it to the relevant authorities. If you don't then please don't post potentially libelous accusations on the site.

Otherwise it's just conspiracy stories extrapolated from personal experience and anecdote. We don't know what HKS' fee agreement was, we don't know what stage they were at or the termination clauses in their appointment. We don't know what the other costs are. Asserting that fees would be less because of early termination is not my experience (anecdote and personal experience again). I have never agreed a lower fee because a project stopped. In fact if a project has stopped and especially if I'm not going to work with that client again, I would ensure I got paid in full.

There's no doubt that the amount of money wasted is excessive, but none of us know whether it was criminality or cock-up.

I agree and would suggest a mod looks at some of the posts in the LFC accounts thread which are close to the bone

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #162 on: May 3, 2012, 06:29:57 pm »
Why would H & G need to fraudulently rip off money from the stadium??

Seriously, there as so many ways of doing this legally that it would be idiotic to commit fraud.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Gandalf

• Main Stander
  • You Shall Not Pass!!! - ya whiskey nosed fcuker.
« Reply #163 on: May 3, 2012, 06:37:52 pm »

Seriously, there as so many ways of doing this legally that it would be idiotic to commit fraud.

It's common practice in business to extract money by paying it to a 'friendly' who then gives you a % back.  Had they taken a dividend, fans would likely have gone fcukin nuts.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: May 3, 2012, 06:42:16 pm »

And we've seen over the past few weeks that there are many ways for a millionaire businessman to pay just 20%, or even less, in tax, quite legally, whilst most middle-income families pay at up to 40%.

Perhaps nothing illegal took place but that doesn't mean it was right.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #165 on: May 3, 2012, 06:46:14 pm »
And we've seen over the past few weeks that there are many ways for a millionaire businessman to pay just 20%, or even less, in tax, quite legally, whilst most middle-income families pay at up to 40%.

Perhaps nothing illegal took place but that doesn't mean it was right.
Nothing was right about those vermin, but it doesn't mean they were criminals, there was no need for that, they could screw us with the law in their side.

It's just people with residual anger for the cowboys (which I understand), bu it's not helpful if RAWK gets sued for libel!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Dirk18Kuyt

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #166 on: May 3, 2012, 08:35:09 pm »
All of a sudden Andy Carroll looks like a good deal eh.