Author Topic: 6 months of Roy Hodgson quotes  (Read 140459 times)

Offline JP-65

• FA/UEFA/FIFA are not fit for purpose
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: 6 months of Roy Hodgson quotes
« Reply #1120 on: December 30, 2010, 10:43:58 pm »
Haha brilliant JP.

El C, the real point is that Rafa had turned the club around in the second half of last season, albeit, done in a "going back to basics"/"grind em out" way, but we couldn't turn around the gap we had let open in the first part of the season.

Offline JWAlonso

• Kopite
« Reply #1121 on: December 31, 2010, 01:17:54 am »
"I am trying the best I can do and the group of players I put out there was probably the best XI, apart from Daniel Agger who has been injured long term.

"I fear whatever team I chose the performance would have been the same and that showed when I made the three substitutions and it didn't alter the level of performance.”

Now these responses are beyond scary.
"At The End Of The Storm, There Is A Golden Sky"

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1122 on: December 31, 2010, 01:42:50 am »
"I am trying the best I can do and the group of players I put out there was probably the best XI, apart from Daniel Agger who has been injured long term.

"I fear whatever team I chose the performance would have been the same and that showed when I made the three substitutions and it didn't alter the level of performance.”

Now these responses are beyond scary.
Agger wasn't in his starting XI when he was fit.

Offline JWAlonso

• Kopite
« Reply #1123 on: December 31, 2010, 02:06:04 am »
Agger wasn't in his starting XI when he was fit.

What scares me most is that he is saying he doing his, while playing Liverpool strongest team and still getting played off the park by Wolves. A team with the worst away record, and sitting bottom off the league. I bet ya, that teams are looking at the fixture list and can't wait to play us, Away and Home. Rot is making a mockery out of the club, its embarrassing.
"At The End Of The Storm, There Is A Golden Sky"

Offline sigilium

• Kemlynite
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #1124 on: December 31, 2010, 02:15:19 am »
"Rot is making a mockery out of the club, its embarrassing."

Stop the Rot Roy
SOS Member: 6668

Judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement.

Offline Team Sleep

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • A walking surplus.
« Reply #1125 on: December 31, 2010, 10:16:58 am »

Offline Cadno

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1126 on: December 31, 2010, 11:45:16 am »
"It was in no way meant to cause offence - it was meant as a defensive comment

That does not surprise me at all.  All he has done since he has been here is be ultra defensive and off the pitch has not been much better
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"  - Albert Einstein

Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain(Was talking about H&G)

"When you can't walk, you crawl. When you can't crawl, you get a friend to carry you" - Firefly

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1127 on: January 1, 2011, 07:27:31 pm »
Roy's post-match press conference.

"You wanna hurt me? Go right ahead if it makes you feel any better. I'm an easy target. Yeah, you're right, I talk too much. I also listen too much. I could be a cold-hearted cynic like you... but I don't like to hurt people's feelings. Well, you think what you want about me; I'm not changing. I like... I like me. My wife likes me. 'Cause I'm the real article. What you see is what you get."

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #1128 on: January 1, 2011, 07:30:37 pm »
Roy's post-match press conference.

"You wanna hurt me? Go right ahead if it makes you feel any better. I'm an easy target. Yeah, you're right, I talk too much. I also listen too much. I could be a cold-hearted cynic like you... but I don't like to hurt people's feelings. Well, you think what you want about me; I'm not changing. I like... I like me. My wife likes me. 'Cause I'm the real article. What you see is what you get."

Brililant :D!

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #1129 on: January 1, 2011, 07:37:10 pm »
On Saturday night Roy said...

"Well I'm gonna to go then! And I don't need any of this! I don't need this stuff! Just this ashtray........and this paddle game. The ashtray and the paddle game and that's all I need...........and this remote control. The ashtray, the paddle game, and the remote control, and that's all I need............and these matches. The ashtray, and these matches, and the remote control, and the paddle ball...........and this lamp. The ashtray, this paddle game, and the remote control, and the lamp, and that's all I need.

And that's all I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one..........I need this. The paddle game and the chair, and the remote control, and the matches for sure. Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! And this. That's all I need."
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline Red Ant

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1130 on: January 1, 2011, 08:24:38 pm »

"Well I'm gonna to go then! And I don't need any of this! I don't need this stuff! Just this ashtray........and this paddle game. The ashtray and the paddle game and that's all I need...........and this remote control. The ashtray, the paddle game, and the remote control, and that's all I need............and these matches. The ashtray, and these matches, and the remote control, and the paddle ball...........and this lamp. The ashtray, this paddle game, and the remote control, and the lamp, and that's all I need.

And that's all I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one..........I need this. The paddle game and the chair, and the remote control, and the matches for sure. Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! And this. That's all I need."

:lmao

Offline Ambrosia

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1131 on: January 1, 2011, 09:20:41 pm »
Read an article today which described Roy as "eloquent"  :D.

Shame on you, Ian Herbert.

Offline JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1132 on: January 2, 2011, 12:31:29 am »
When Hilda has been dispatched to the nearest Care Home and we are firmly back on track, this thread will be comedy gold.

Hodgsonisms will become iconoclastic slogans on t-shirts.

---It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love-- william melvin hicks

Offline Shanks1965

• SOS member 981
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 96 friends who we all miss...
« Reply #1133 on: January 2, 2011, 11:08:53 am »
The latest is his 'celebration' of the fact we have managed to drag ourselves into the top half of the league by the half way stage of the season! Did I hear that right last night on MOTD? "After our poor start when we were in the bottom 3 after 7 games (tell me who's fault that was again Roy?) we said lets see if we can get into the top half by the mid point and thats what we've done" (or words to that affect).

So thats an achievement is it Roy? To be in the top half of the league with as side that finished 7th last season and which you have signed players in order to improve? In a season when two wins sees you competing for a European place and two defeats sees you looking over your shoulder at a relegation spot is it really such a great achievement that you have taken 11 games to drag us from the bottom 3 to the top half of the league and you think thats something to be proud of?

« Last Edit: January 2, 2011, 07:07:37 pm by Shanks1965 »
Seen more titles than he can remember...

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1134 on: January 2, 2011, 12:17:56 pm »
The latest is his 'celebration' of the fact we have managed to drag ourselves into the top half of the league by the half way stage of the season! Did I hear that right last night on MOTD? "After our poor start when we were in the bottom 3 after 7 games (tell me who's fault that was again Roy?) we said lets see if we can get into the top half by the mid point and thats what we've done" (or words to that affect).

So thats an achievement is it Roy? To be in the top half of the league with as side that finished 7th last season and which you have signed players in order to improve? In a season when two wins sees you competing for a European place and two defeats sees you looking over your shoulder at a relegation spot is is really such a great achievement that you have taken 11 games to drag us from the bottom 3 to the top half of the league and you thinks thats something to be proud of?

It's just part of his self-preservation policy. "Everything was going to plan but they got rid of me after my competences had laid a solid foundation"."

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1135 on: January 2, 2011, 12:29:27 pm »
It's just part of his self-preservation policy. "Everything was going to plan but they got rid of me after my competences had laid a solid foundation"."

Nothing new there. He has been shifting everything around to suit him, and not only the goalposts.

So far he changed the rules, reduced the number of oposition players, got rid of the ref, the crowd, put three goalies in his new 2 feet wide goal, dressed oponents in gorilla suits, dressed their goalie in a straight jacket and is now allowing his team to carry the ball in their hands.

Glad to see you go, go, go, go goodbye..

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #1136 on: January 2, 2011, 12:41:32 pm »
Just listening to Talk Sport and they just played an after match interview with Hodgson after yesterdays match about what he said about the fans.

Hodgson "What I said about the fans was bastardized in the Media"

Didn't know he said that yesterday.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline JovaJova

• Advises you to avoid premature Jovaculation.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1137 on: January 2, 2011, 12:43:16 pm »
Just listening to Talk Sport and they just played an after match interview with Hodgson after yesterdays match about what he said about the fans.

Hodgson "What I said about the fans was bastardized in the Media"

Didn't know he said that yesterday.

It wasn't though, we all saw the live interview you gave Roy
You said, I think I'm like Tennessee Williams, I wait for the click, I wait but it doesn't kick in

Offline Dam Sodd

• Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #1138 on: January 2, 2011, 02:08:54 pm »

what a jerk
Cool down and play

Offline markay_stinkay

• Legacy Fan
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Bet £50, get £50 free
« Reply #1139 on: January 2, 2011, 04:00:13 pm »
"I am extra satisfied we got the winning goal but even at 1-1 I wouldn't have been in any way dejected because I think today we put Wednesday's game well and truly behind us."

First is first, second is nowhere you bellend.

FOR

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #1140 on: January 2, 2011, 04:01:51 pm »
It's like the guy completely forgets about any sort of feelings from a shit performance when it's "put right" later on with a win. He must be a robot.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #1141 on: January 2, 2011, 04:04:48 pm »
what a jerk

Er... I think that was a joke and not what he actually said?  :)
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1142 on: January 2, 2011, 04:14:34 pm »
Er... I think that was a joke and not what he actually said?  :)

Er... I think he knew that because it's from the film The Jerk.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline Paul JH

• Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #1143 on: January 2, 2011, 04:15:17 pm »
Er... I think he knew that because it's from the film The Jerk.

Er... ok then.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #1144 on: January 2, 2011, 04:19:55 pm »
It was never easy for Paul. He was born a poor black child.........

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Paul JH

• Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #1145 on: January 2, 2011, 04:25:17 pm »

You mean I'm gonna stay this color?

Offline Dr Manhattan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1146 on: January 2, 2011, 04:25:21 pm »

;D

It's these cans!! There's something wrong with these cans!!!

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1147 on: January 2, 2011, 04:26:55 pm »

Reminds me of the Hear No Evil, See No Evil....

"I'm black?!? Does dad know?"

Offline AnnieRoad(Un)Faithful

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #1148 on: January 3, 2011, 06:01:16 pm »
OF all the voices who have argued for a change of management at Anfield this season one man  has  consistently made the most compelling case – Roy Hodgson.

There has  never have been a Liverpool   boss as universally disliked by supporters  as the Londoner.

But it’s not just the regressive tactics, awful signings (Christian Poulsen and Paul Konchesky)  and  pitiful away form (six defeats in nine games with a goal difference of -10) that has turned the Kop against him.

Liverpool supporters  have become accustomed to their managers being equally skilled   as orators, a trend begun by  the great Bill Shankly. Even the quieter men among the club’s roll call of bosses like Bob Paisley could be relied upon for cutting sound bites.

Not Hodgson. Barely a  press conference goes by without the former UAE coach   embarrassing himself and the club,  alienating a player or enraging fans.
Here is a collection of the worst efforts of his first  – and hopefully only – six months in charge:

I  preferred to put my weight behind David Ngog and Ryan Babel, who's never really been given a proper chance at centre-forward at the club.  I'm hoping that between now and Christmas we'll have ample quality to see us through that period.
On not buying another striker

A club like Liverpool shouldn't have to rely on non-specialists like Dirk Kuyt or Ryan Babel ‘doing a job’ up front when they are primarily wide players.
Hodgson changes his mind a month later.

They'll be a formidable challenge – there's no question about that.
On Carling Cup opponents, struggling League Two side Northampton

I thought we did quite well when  (Northampton) they took the lead in the extra time and we threw caution to the wind it gave us the equaliser.
Hodgson uses the words ‘threw caution to the wind’ about playing a League Two side. At Anfield.

That was as good as we have played all season.....  To get a result here – against Everton – would have been Utopia.
After the wretched loss to Everton

I know Sir Alex (Ferguson)  is not really a Liverpool man   so I’m a bit  concerned about my excellent relationship with him.
I sincerely hope he forgives me for moving north and hopefully we can have a glass of wine together, maybe in secret.
Hodgson endears himself to Liverpool fans everywhere

I prefer to talk about the game and talk about issues that interest me.  Mr Ferguson is entitled to any opinion he wants to have but I'm not going to come here and say I agree or disagree.
Hodgson refuses to defend Fernando Torres against  accusations  of  cheating

I understand (Frank)  Rijkaard has just been sacked from Galatasaray – he must be a great manager to have been sacked by Galatasaray.
'Nice guy' Roy on the Champions League and La Liga winning manager

You  would have to ask (Glen Johnson)  'do you think you're playing at top form and are you playing like the best right-back in the country for your club?' If he says yes, obviously we will have to agree to differ and if he says no, then you'd have to ask the question 'why not?
Showing  his man-management skills

The protest does not help but it is something I have had to live with since I came to the club.
Criticising the fans’ protest against the club’s former owners

I was disappointed –  and I've told him this – that he –  Dalglish – applied for the job in the summer because I don't think that was ever really going to happen for him.
Putting Liverpool legend Dalglish in his place, a man who has won more trophies than Hodgson has Premier League away  games in his entire time in England

I've been involved in some big derbies in my career and you know how much they mean to the fans.... I didn't like losing in those games, which I did quite often. I did poorly so it would be nice to change that.
 Hodgson shows he’s the man for the big occasion before losing 3-2 to Manchester United.

He’s a quality player and we will be working hard on our tactics to make sure he doesn’t dominate the game.
No, not Lionel Messi, rather Fulham’s  Danny Murphy, who was sent packing by Liverpool six years ago.

I think it would be a sad day for football and for Liverpool if someone who had been brought in with the pomp and circumstance, and the money it took them to release me from my previous contract, and being feted as one of England's best managers – if after eight games people are deciding this guy has got to go
Showing his modest side.

Are you from Denmark? (No, Norway  replied the journalist) Ah, two countries I never want to work in again.
 Insulting a Norweigian journalist and a large part of Liverpool’s fan base.

We have got a lot more expensive failures on our list than good players that we have brought in for next to nothing.
 Having a dig at Champions League winning former Reds boss Rafa Benitez and his transfer record

What do you mean do my methods translate? They have translated from Halmstad to Malmo to Orebo to Neuchatel Xamax to the Swiss national team. So I find the question insulting. To suggest that, because I have moved from one club to another, that the methods which have stood me in good stead for 35 years and made me one of the most respected coaches in Europe don’t suddenly work, is very hard to believe.
Reeling off some of the massive clubs he’s managed. Not so much a who’s who of European football as a who are they?

Today was a famous victory
No, not Liverpool’s win in Istanbul but a 1-0 triumph over  Bolton at the Reebok.

There aren't many quality left-backs around in the world, never mind in England – so to find an English one ( Paul Konchesky)  who can go straight into the team without any adjustment problems is a big advantage.
Hodgson, who sold Roberto Carlos to Real Madrid while manager of Inter Milan, knows a good left back when he sees one.

Christian (Poulsen)  is an all-round player. He is capable of scoring goals, a good passer of the ball and a good defender.
After paying £4.5m on the  30-year-old plodder.

He's not that bad on the ball.
After seeing him play.

It is very early for me to make very strong judgements about where his best position is.
Hodgson shows the depth of his research on £11.5m signing Raul Meireles, who has played his entire career in central midfield. Until he came to Anfield.

I don't understand questions about Liverpool and Fulham players being different types
 Who said Hodgson doesn’t grasp how big a club Liverpool is?

I've had several bad experiences. Even at Halmstad in the 70s, in the year we won our second championship, it took until the second half of the season to win our first game away and that broke a record going back two seasons. We went over two seasons without winning an away game.
On his wretched away form throughout his career.

Fans make their frustrations felt every time we lose, but unfortunately they may have to do that a few more times, because I can't see us going through a season winning every game.
Roy promises the good times are going to roll again after the 2-0 defeat to Stoke

I don't know where the stories came from that Gerrard would be fit for Newcastle.
From your Head of Sports Medicine Dr Peter Brukner, Roy.

It's not as if he'll be playing with a bunch of also-rans. I'm not asking him to play in the reserves.
Asking Torres to play against Utrecht while also motivating his reserves

I thought it would be a nice game for him (Torres) and a chance for him to get his confidence back. But I also had a talk to our fitness people and they made me see sense that it wasn't the wisest thing to do.
Revealing who picks the team.

I think we will cross that bridge when we come to it... I am not naive to believe there won’t be any danger and we will never lose a player like Torres, I understand these things can happen
Issuing a stern hands-off Torres warning to pal Ferguson. Well, kind of.

When it was mooted the club wanted me for the job I made it clear to Kenny I wanted him on board and it wouldn’t be like it was with Benitez where he’d be here in name only. It wouldn’t be the case that Kenny would be never be allowed to step foot into Melwood.
Having another dig at the Spaniard, a claim which was exposed as a lie by the Champions League winning manager

He's not so much a player I can really take responsibility for. I'd have to share the responsibility for Joe, less so than for people like [Christian] Poulsen, [Raul] Meireles and [Paul] Konchesky, who are players I was quite happy to bring to the club.
Washing his hands of Joe Cole a week before the former Chelsea midfielder earns Liverpool a 2-1 victory over Bolton

Ever since I came here, the famous Anfield support hasn't really been there.There was the problem with the owners and Kenny being so popular and the job going to me, so I have had to live with that. I have to hope the fans will become supporters because we need support. We are not deliberately losing games.
Roy puts the final nail in his coffin

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport-news/liverpool-fc/2011/01/03/roy-hodgson-argues-for-change-of-boss-at-liverpool-fc-55578-27926316/?
"It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

Offline Ambrosia

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1149 on: January 3, 2011, 06:03:55 pm »
Another classic Roy quote.

Steven was in agreement with me that starting on the bench might be the best thing as he was very, very tired after the game on Wednesday," Hodgson explained. "If he'd said to me, 'No, no, I really want to play from the start', then I would have left one of the others out."

Guess we know who is in charge at Anfield. And it aint the manager.

Offline AnnieRoad(Un)Faithful

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #1150 on: January 3, 2011, 06:05:10 pm »
It's not been packaged or manipulated to make him look stupid either - he really says these ridiculous things.
"It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

Offline kopite77

• Legacy Fan
  • In Jurgen we trust!
« Reply #1151 on: January 3, 2011, 06:17:45 pm »
OF all the voices who have argued for a change of management at Anfield this season one man  has  consistently made the most compelling case – Roy Hodgson.

There has  never have been a Liverpool   boss as universally disliked by supporters  as the Londoner.

But it’s not just the regressive tactics, awful signings (Christian Poulsen and Paul Konchesky)  and  pitiful away form (six defeats in nine games with a goal difference of -10) that has turned the Kop against him.

Liverpool supporters  have become accustomed to their managers being equally skilled   as orators, a trend begun by  the great Bill Shankly. Even the quieter men among the club’s roll call of bosses like Bob Paisley could be relied upon for cutting sound bites.

Not Hodgson. Barely a  press conference goes by without the former UAE coach   embarrassing himself and the club,  alienating a player or enraging fans.
Here is a collection of the worst efforts of his first  – and hopefully only – six months in charge:

I  preferred to put my weight behind David Ngog and Ryan Babel, who's never really been given a proper chance at centre-forward at the club.  I'm hoping that between now and Christmas we'll have ample quality to see us through that period.
On not buying another striker

A club like Liverpool shouldn't have to rely on non-specialists like Dirk Kuyt or Ryan Babel ‘doing a job’ up front when they are primarily wide players.
Hodgson changes his mind a month later.

They'll be a formidable challenge – there's no question about that.
On Carling Cup opponents, struggling League Two side Northampton

I thought we did quite well when  (Northampton) they took the lead in the extra time and we threw caution to the wind it gave us the equaliser.
Hodgson uses the words ‘threw caution to the wind’ about playing a League Two side. At Anfield.

That was as good as we have played all season.....  To get a result here – against Everton – would have been Utopia.
After the wretched loss to Everton

I know Mr Ferguson (Ferguson)  is not really a Liverpool man   so I’m a bit  concerned about my excellent relationship with him.
I sincerely hope he forgives me for moving north and hopefully we can have a glass of wine together, maybe in secret.
Hodgson endears himself to Liverpool fans everywhere

I prefer to talk about the game and talk about issues that interest me.  Mr Ferguson is entitled to any opinion he wants to have but I'm not going to come here and say I agree or disagree.
Hodgson refuses to defend Fernando Torres against  accusations  of  cheating

I understand (Frank)  Rijkaard has just been sacked from Galatasaray – he must be a great manager to have been sacked by Galatasaray.
'Nice guy' Roy on the Champions League and La Liga winning manager

You  would have to ask (Glen Johnson)  'do you think you're playing at top form and are you playing like the best right-back in the country for your club?' If he says yes, obviously we will have to agree to differ and if he says no, then you'd have to ask the question 'why not?
Showing  his man-management skills

The protest does not help but it is something I have had to live with since I came to the club.
Criticising the fans’ protest against the club’s former owners

I was disappointed –  and I've told him this – that he –  Dalglish – applied for the job in the summer because I don't think that was ever really going to happen for him.
Putting Liverpool legend Dalglish in his place, a man who has won more trophies than Hodgson has Premier League away  games in his entire time in England

I've been involved in some big derbies in my career and you know how much they mean to the fans.... I didn't like losing in those games, which I did quite often. I did poorly so it would be nice to change that.
 Hodgson shows he’s the man for the big occasion before losing 3-2 to Manchester United.

He’s a quality player and we will be working hard on our tactics to make sure he doesn’t dominate the game.
No, not Lionel Messi, rather Fulham’s  Danny Murphy, who was sent packing by Liverpool six years ago.

I think it would be a sad day for football and for Liverpool if someone who had been brought in with the pomp and circumstance, and the money it took them to release me from my previous contract, and being feted as one of England's best managers – if after eight games people are deciding this guy has got to go
Showing his modest side.

Are you from Denmark? (No, Norway  replied the journalist) Ah, two countries I never want to work in again.
 Insulting a Norweigian journalist and a large part of Liverpool’s fan base.

We have got a lot more expensive failures on our list than good players that we have brought in for next to nothing.
 Having a dig at Champions League winning former Reds boss Rafa Benitez and his transfer record

What do you mean do my methods translate? They have translated from Halmstad to Malmo to Orebo to Neuchatel Xamax to the Swiss national team. So I find the question insulting. To suggest that, because I have moved from one club to another, that the methods which have stood me in good stead for 35 years and made me one of the most respected coaches in Europe don’t suddenly work, is very hard to believe.
Reeling off some of the massive clubs he’s managed. Not so much a who’s who of European football as a who are they?

Today was a famous victory
No, not Liverpool’s win in Istanbul but a 1-0 triumph over  Bolton at the Reebok.

There aren't many quality left-backs around in the world, never mind in England – so to find an English one ( Paul Konchesky)  who can go straight into the team without any adjustment problems is a big advantage.
Hodgson, who sold Roberto Carlos to Real Madrid while manager of Inter Milan, knows a good left back when he sees one.

Christian (Poulsen)  is an all-round player. He is capable of scoring goals, a good passer of the ball and a good defender.
After paying £4.5m on the  30-year-old plodder.

He's not that bad on the ball.
After seeing him play.

It is very early for me to make very strong judgements about where his best position is.
Hodgson shows the depth of his research on £11.5m signing Raul Meireles, who has played his entire career in central midfield. Until he came to Anfield.

I don't understand questions about Liverpool and Fulham players being different types
 Who said Hodgson doesn’t grasp how big a club Liverpool is?

I've had several bad experiences. Even at Halmstad in the 70s, in the year we won our second championship, it took until the second half of the season to win our first game away and that broke a record going back two seasons. We went over two seasons without winning an away game.
On his wretched away form throughout his career.

Fans make their frustrations felt every time we lose, but unfortunately they may have to do that a few more times, because I can't see us going through a season winning every game.
Roy promises the good times are going to roll again after the 2-0 defeat to Stoke

I don't know where the stories came from that Gerrard would be fit for Newcastle.
From your Head of Sports Medicine Dr Peter Brukner, Roy.

It's not as if he'll be playing with a bunch of also-rans. I'm not asking him to play in the reserves.
Asking Torres to play against Utrecht while also motivating his reserves

I thought it would be a nice game for him (Torres) and a chance for him to get his confidence back. But I also had a talk to our fitness people and they made me see sense that it wasn't the wisest thing to do.
Revealing who picks the team.

I think we will cross that bridge when we come to it... I am not naive to believe there won’t be any danger and we will never lose a player like Torres, I understand these things can happen
Issuing a stern hands-off Torres warning to pal Ferguson. Well, kind of.

When it was mooted the club wanted me for the job I made it clear to Kenny I wanted him on board and it wouldn’t be like it was with Benitez where he’d be here in name only. It wouldn’t be the case that Kenny would be never be allowed to step foot into Melwood.
Having another dig at the Spaniard, a claim which was exposed as a lie by the Champions League winning manager

He's not so much a player I can really take responsibility for. I'd have to share the responsibility for Joe, less so than for people like [Christian] Poulsen, [Raul] Meireles and [Paul] Konchesky, who are players I was quite happy to bring to the club.
Washing his hands of Joe Cole a week before the former Chelsea midfielder earns Liverpool a 2-1 victory over Bolton

Ever since I came here, the famous Anfield support hasn't really been there.There was the problem with the owners and Kenny being so popular and the job going to me, so I have had to live with that. I have to hope the fans will become supporters because we need support. We are not deliberately losing games.
Roy puts the final nail in his coffin

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport-news/liverpool-fc/2011/01/03/roy-hodgson-argues-for-change-of-boss-at-liverpool-fc-55578-27926316/?
God reading through all those quotes again I had to stop myself putting my fist through the screen, this bell end is a fucking embarrassment! >:(
HARRY HARRIS, MARK LAWRENSON, JOSE MOURIHNO,PETER KENYON, ROMAN ABRAMOVICH, ALAN HANSEN, YOU GUY'S TOOK ONE HELL OF A BEATING

AND Mr KENWRIGHT YOU CAN STICK YOUR FUCKING GROUNDSHARE UP YOUR ARSE!

Hicks and Gillett, Game Over, thanks for Fuck All Fuckfaces, Internet Terrorist and Proud!

Offline mbyx6cg2

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1152 on: January 3, 2011, 06:25:07 pm »
Another classic Roy quote.

Steven was in agreement with me that starting on the bench might be the best thing as he was very, very tired after the game on Wednesday," Hodgson explained. "If he'd said to me, 'No, no, I really want to play from the start', then I would have left one of the others out."

Guess we know who is in charge at Anfield. And it aint the manager.
You could write a fucking book on the shite that's come out of this guy's mouth since he came to us
Once she's had a few glasses of Chardonnay I'll be in quicker than you can say PDF to offer her a jolly good spit shining of her corned beef curtains

Offline wheresnemeth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1153 on: January 4, 2011, 01:38:41 pm »

Roy has spoken more shit in six months than bush did in two terms of office. Roy for president.
making a c*nting mess of a list, like c*nts on a bike trying to win the Tour de France...

Offline Mr Mojo Risin'

• No longer counts double
  • Legacy Fan
  • i've been down so god damn long
« Reply #1154 on: January 4, 2011, 03:02:26 pm »
From todays Daily Mall

' I know i haven't recieved the complete backing of the fans,and deservedly so, but at least now i have
the support of Chopper.''
DON'T BUY THE  SUN.

Offline RBrittain

• This week, I'll mostly be talking absolute bollocks in a Lucas Leiva topic. And next week. And the week after.
  • Main Stander
  • Robbie Fowler
« Reply #1155 on: January 4, 2011, 03:03:55 pm »
Not a recent quote (from 2009), but displaying his insane arrogance:

"My greatest achievement would have to be the water-into-wine job at Halmstads BK."

Gosh, comparing himself to Jesus. Seriously, who says that? I'm not sure if I've even heard Sir Alex say something so arrogant.

The strange thing about Hodgson being, that he seems to want to come across as humble sometimes, whereas some of his quotes are just pure arrogance.