Author Topic: Liverpool FC vs Man City, Sunday 13 April KO 1:37pm  (Read 204096 times)

Offline DowningStreet

• Kopite
  • LFC 13/14- The glory road
Re: Liverpool FC vs Man City, Sunday 13 April KO 1:37pm
« Reply #640 on: April 10, 2014, 08:09:35 pm »
Im exactly the same. Have a 2000 word essay as well as 5 500 word journal entries to write which are over due as well as study for an exam tomorrow/later today. I also need to organise placements by tomorrow or Im not doing them and sort out some of our renovations as well as be up in a few hours for work and its now 3am in the morning here in Australia and all I can do is think about our game and anything to do with Liverpool...

Im fucked!

:butt

Haha, I feel better now that I'm not the only one

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #641 on: April 10, 2014, 08:11:04 pm »
Understatement of the year?
Calm before the storm :)
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline JonnyCigarettes®

• Airfix salesman (rumoured to be training a secret wankfest monkey arsegravy army)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty fly for a white guy
Johnny Sack: 200 grand for insulting my wife. What's next, Carmine, he gets to fuck her for a million?

Carmine: He wants to fuck her?

Johnny Sack: I'm making a point.

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #643 on: April 10, 2014, 08:17:26 pm »
Looking forward to this. Shit how we've only got 1 Saturday game left this season.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #644 on: April 10, 2014, 08:18:54 pm »
So pumped for this, even if we don't win, I don't think anybody expected us to be where we are.

Just go out there and show what we've got
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Ruthless

• Wants to bed Matt Damon
  • Anny Roader
  • So heres to you Jordan Henderson!
« Reply #645 on: April 10, 2014, 08:23:42 pm »
Looking forward to this. Shit how we've only got 1 Saturday game left this season.
we have no Saturday games mate
25-05-2005 - We won it for the 5th time, Coincidence? I think not. Oh and the goals? timed 54 mins, 56 mins and 59 Mins, Proof of destiny if you've ever asked for it.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #646 on: April 10, 2014, 08:24:13 pm »
Eh? Anfield will be almost literally shaking with noise on Sunday.

I know, that's what I'm expecting and that's why I'd regret it if it died down during the match, for whatever reason. If, and this won't happen, we were three down, I'd have more confidence that this team could come back and win than, say, a team with Djimi Traore, Vlad Smicer,  Cisse and Biscan, for example.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #647 on: April 10, 2014, 08:25:41 pm »
Haha, I feel better now that I'm not the only one
Ye can add me to the list, i've 4000 words done of a 5,000 project, just cant think about it! ;D

Offline Carly

• Rafa Obsessive. Wales Rugby Union fan. Defianately!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #648 on: April 10, 2014, 08:26:26 pm »
we have no Saturday games mate

Talk of Chelsea game being moved to Saturday because of their CL games.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #649 on: April 10, 2014, 08:28:06 pm »
I know, that's what I'm expecting and that's why I'd regret it if it died down during the match,

Stop worrying.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #650 on: April 10, 2014, 08:39:14 pm »
This is our game. Sunday is our day. I hear it's gonna be a special one.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline MTred406

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #651 on: April 10, 2014, 08:41:32 pm »
I think we have the advantage, our home form and overall form have been quite good and they have struggled on the road somewhat.  City have the ability to beat us at Anfield but not the mentality.  We gave them everything they could handle last time we played, and that was during a stretch that they were playing the best football in the league at home.

I think we are favorites in this game and we will play like it.  City have in the past struggled when the pressure is on, and I think they will do so again on Sunday.  My prediction: 3-2 good guys, with things tied up late Suarez cements his legendary status with the winner.

Offline No Appreciation of Liverpool Opposition

• Won't get out of bed for Palace. Gimme an N! Gimme a U! Gimme an M! (yet still needs it spelt out!)
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
    • My blog
« Reply #652 on: April 10, 2014, 08:47:53 pm »
we are favourites, we are home and all but tied for record with only one starter injured and his replacement playing fantastically. That being said we need a win , they only really need the draw.
I fell in love with football as I would later fall in love with women: suddenly, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain it would bring

Gaston Ramirez.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #653 on: April 10, 2014, 08:47:58 pm »
Stop worrying.

Thanks, I'm feeling better now. I'm looking forward to the atmosphere more than the match at the moment.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #654 on: April 10, 2014, 08:48:08 pm »
after watching this i have even more belief that we'll win. we conceded two poor goals and were missing key players. the sterling offside should have stood and we missed a lot of chances that I'd forgot about(potentially due to it being a boxing day game)
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline No Appreciation of Liverpool Opposition

• Won't get out of bed for Palace. Gimme an N! Gimme a U! Gimme an M! (yet still needs it spelt out!)
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
    • My blog
« Reply #655 on: April 10, 2014, 08:58:00 pm »
Watch Vietliv's MOTD of the away game to pass the time.
god thats hard to watch
I fell in love with football as I would later fall in love with women: suddenly, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain it would bring

Gaston Ramirez.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #656 on: April 10, 2014, 09:04:48 pm »
The Coutinho miss was key as that would have made it 2-0 and given us a cushion.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #657 on: April 10, 2014, 09:24:00 pm »
The Coutinho miss was key as that would have made it 2-0 and given us a cushion.
The Coutinho miss (that Hart saves) came when  the score was 1-1. City equalised soon after we scored our first.

We created some great chances that game,  Coutinho, Sterling  Suarez all missing good openings.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #658 on: April 10, 2014, 09:32:55 pm »
Spoke to a City fan in work today (decent fella) , said he was shitting it, being a sensible chap and not whishing to sound over confident  I pointed out City on their day could beat us , he said him and his City mates wern't worried about the football, they where all bricking it about the atmosphere and what it would do to City.

Bring on the noise!

Offline Hunts Cross

• but Cech's furious.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #659 on: April 10, 2014, 09:33:19 pm »
I want us to win, I believe we can win, but what I do not want is to be bitching about another poor referee making us drop points. If we don't get 3 points, I hope that is because we were not the best team on the day.

What a great season this is. I am dreading it coming to an end.

COME ON YOU REDS!

Offline houkura

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #660 on: April 10, 2014, 09:35:36 pm »

It's not a miss. It's a shot on target. Quite well taken actually but Hart got down quickly and stopped it.
"Good to be here, good to be anywhere."  --Keith Richards

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #661 on: April 10, 2014, 09:37:26 pm »
Defending deep and hitting them on the break? Because that is what AM were doing.
One thing that I noticed yesterday, was the first time in years that I've seen someone being able to press Barca up high- pushing up onto their defenders and succeeding time-and-again. Atletico wasted chance after chance to make it 6-0.

I've never seen Barca so rattled in the last decade- once every 10 minutes, 2 or 3 Atleti players would put a Barca defender under pressure and nick the ball of him or intercept it, but in the next move, they either lost it, gave it away, misplaced a pass or mishit the goal.

Anyway- I think the atmosphere had a huge part to play in it- along with Simeone's pressing. Barca were shitting themselves so much- it wasn't even a joke(but oh how I laughed! Thoroughly gloating ;D).
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 09:41:39 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Pricey

• Might actually be Petey.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #662 on: April 10, 2014, 09:48:46 pm »
With Sturridge and Suarez demanding so much attention that will leave a little more space for Sterling, Coutinho and Henderson. Should chances fall to those lads I hope they've got their shooting boots on.

3 more sleeps.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #663 on: April 10, 2014, 09:53:17 pm »
after watching this i have even more belief that we'll win. we conceded two poor goals and were missing key players. the sterling offside should have stood and we missed a lot of chances that I'd forgot about(potentially due to it being a boxing day game)
Surely would have been goal of the season contender if Phil managed to finish that chance
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #664 on: April 10, 2014, 09:58:21 pm »
Dippers, dippers, dippers, Brenda, typical Scousers, they're better in every position, etc. etc.

I really don't mind most City fans, and I need to stay away from that forum to keep that point of view.
I was on there once last season. It seems there's only dickheads on that forum. The "small minority"(isn't a minority supposed to be "small"?) that people refer to when talking about other clubs.

They were so drunk with self-importance and the stench of the nouveau-riche, I had to leave for my own sanity. I'll never visit that cesspool ever again. Spurs fans seemed more reasonable than this lot and that was saying something.

I don't have a prob with City supporters- just that that forum is filled with dreck!
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #665 on: April 10, 2014, 10:10:02 pm »
Call me a soft shite but I honestly think we are going to win 4 - 1 ......we win the league v palace ....I have said this for months, it may have gone under the radar but trust me it's happening ... ;)

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #666 on: April 10, 2014, 10:17:38 pm »
Just done my 'Jonah' double.

City @ 9/5, Chelsea @ 4/6.

Stand to win 233 quid.

Last weekend was the first weekend the bet has come in.

I'm down over 300 quid so far.

Don't worry guys, I'm happy to take the hit.
 :)
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #667 on: April 10, 2014, 10:18:28 pm »
When we played away vs. MUFC we had Allen and Henderson both pressing key players which they did superbly to help us control the game.

Can someone explain why we may not consider a similar approach against Man City and opt for a more attacking side with Sterling and Coutinho both playing instead? I have absolutely no knowledge about tactics therefore would like to be educated if someone doesn't mind :-)

Is it because we're at home and need to go for the win?

Cheers
You missed out Lucas, but we also didn't have Gerrard, Sturridge or Red Cafu for the away game. Coutinho if chosen over Allen has proved against Arsenal that he can press and get down and dirty.

BR's choice is to go 4-3-3 or the diamond 

"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size

Offline turkish kopite

• Legacy Fan
  • Black&White, Believe&Fight
« Reply #669 on: April 10, 2014, 10:25:30 pm »
really can not imagine Anfield... It'll be toughest game of the season but if we win this game we'll win the league
"Waiting for Vodafone Arena to win League Titles"

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #670 on: April 10, 2014, 10:26:18 pm »
want the win but going for a draw here.  Head over heart. We wont smash em as some people have intimated.  Itll be tighter than a nuns badger this one, but itlll be one hell of a game.  Keep Silva and Toure quiet and go for the jugular on Demichelis. If we're going to win i think we'll need a 3 goal cushion. Cant wait!

I hope you mean that you think it'll be a draw, and not that you're hoping we scrap a draw because they're so much better than us or some other nonsense like that. We obviously won't thrash them like we did Arsenal or Tottenham or even United, but when people say "we'll smash them" I think they're referring to beating them by whatever scoreline and the players giving it their absolute everything for the cause. Hell, even if we win 1-0 I'll still say we smashed them. It's that time of the season.

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #671 on: April 10, 2014, 10:51:06 pm »

The build up to that goal that never was was absolutely amazing!

We played so well that day and deserved at least a draw. This time Sturridge and Flanagan are back. We've got the home advantage. The wind is in our back. Let's have them.

I'll be out of town for this one in Budapest. Looking forward to meet some Hungarian Reds!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 10:57:14 pm by telekon »
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #672 on: April 10, 2014, 10:55:45 pm »
Stop worrying.
I see what you did there... ;)

Offline RGF30

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
    • Insurance
« Reply #673 on: April 10, 2014, 11:09:50 pm »

I disagree, it was the non offside decision that was key.

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #674 on: April 10, 2014, 11:10:27 pm »
Thursday night and I'm wired as hell already.

Utterly convinced we will prevail Sunday. Come on Redmen.  'Nuff said.
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #675 on: April 10, 2014, 11:13:01 pm »
Thursday night and I'm wiredfucking wankered as hell already.

Utterly convinced we will prevail smash fuck out of the fuckers on Sunday. Come on Redmen.  'Nuff said.

13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline mjk

• Anny Roader
« Reply #676 on: April 10, 2014, 11:21:14 pm »
This Is Anfield ‏@thisisanfield  48m
Kop mosaic reading "96" and "25 Years" will be displayed during minute's silence pre-match on Sunday.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #677 on: April 10, 2014, 11:24:02 pm »
Just done my 'Jonah' double.

City @ 9/5, Chelsea @ 4/6.

Stand to win 233 quid.

Last weekend was the first weekend the bet has come in.

I'm down over 300 quid so far.

Don't worry guys, I'm happy to take the hit.

Might aswell just give me £50 if you're just gonna throw it away

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #678 on: April 10, 2014, 11:30:24 pm »
Might aswell just give me £50 if you're just gonna throw it away

Habit now pal.

Good luck charm.

Omen.

As soon as it's not 'needed' I'll start chucking 50 notes a week to the HJC till seasons end.

Offline MerseyMania

• Defiled for fantasticism.....
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #679 on: April 10, 2014, 11:35:49 pm »
Jaya Apa Jayalu Divaadhinalu..

The outcome of a game whether Victory and Defeat always lies with the God. He is smiling on us and shall bless us to win this one. My Prayers to the almighty Bhagawan with all the humbleness.