Author Topic: CUP FINAL - Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool: Full time  (Read 112698 times)

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
Re: CUP FINAL - Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool: Full time
« Reply #600 on: May 5, 2012, 08:10:54 pm »
Ok, redone it slightly :) Not good at photoshop, as you can probably tell.

Though just seen an official pic on another page which also shows it over.

You didn't do Tech Drawing at school did you?
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline paiiv

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #601 on: May 5, 2012, 08:11:02 pm »
I feel for Andy I really do. He's had a very good end of the season and really deserves the starting place as it's tactically sound as well.

But yeah, let's twat them on Tuesday!!

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #602 on: May 5, 2012, 08:11:02 pm »
there was no fucking game plan, no strategy, disgraceful really. the first hour was unforgivable for a cup final.

Offline Carly

• Rafa Obsessive. Wales Rugby Union fan. Defianately!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #603 on: May 5, 2012, 08:11:08 pm »
Really couldnt care if it was or wasnt in anymore.  The ref said it wasnt and thats all that matters.  We can go on and on about it, but it wont change a thing.

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #604 on: May 5, 2012, 08:11:20 pm »
There was no robbery, we didn't deserve to win. 

Ffs were England robbed v Germany when lampards goal wasn't given to make it 2-2? Of course not. The better side won just like today. For 60 mins we were shocking!!
so were they.

also, how on earth can Stewart Downing get the full 90 minutes in any game let alone a cup final after being so shite from the first second of the match(or the season for that matter). Does Kenny owe him some money or what?? Terrible player, woeful and we had Maxi to replace him and have a go, at least in the last 10 minutes.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline Rob84

• Main Stander
« Reply #605 on: May 5, 2012, 08:11:22 pm »

He palms it out and it still hits the crossbar a goal for me.

Offline h0p3ylfc

• Main Stander
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #606 on: May 5, 2012, 08:11:27 pm »
If only....Andy started. He showed the team the fight today, game changer. Unlucky we didnt get another.
Just Cant Get Enough.

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #607 on: May 5, 2012, 08:11:33 pm »
Clearly over, how blind are some of you?  ;D

If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #608 on: May 5, 2012, 08:11:47 pm »
At 2-0 down all I asked for was a fight back, and we got one alright. Think our best players were Johnson, Agger and CARROLL!
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Offline Carolina Red

• Kopite
« Reply #609 on: May 5, 2012, 08:11:56 pm »
Mikel  Ramires  Mata

vs.

Downing Spearing Hendo

Major gulf in quality in midfield today, and it showed.

Offline Zinc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • All Good, Clean Fun...(whatever that means)...
« Reply #610 on: May 5, 2012, 08:11:58 pm »
We only started playing from the hour mark, so we have to accept we didn't deserve it.

Too many players just didn't turn up today and the team we put out just didn't work. Carroll on for Spearing changed us, as we had a man up front to hassle their defence and Spearing was our worst performer today anyway.

It doesn't matter a jot about whether it was a girl or not because the ref didn't give it. It's time for us to show our class and accept it rather than turn it into the classless show we got from Chelsea over the Luis Garcia goal in the CL semi a few years back. Chelsea fans have been itching for a moment like this to justify their p*ssing and whining ever since, so don't give them the satisfaction and stay classy.

And let's batter them next week at ours.

Well done to our fans today. Proud of them.
twitter: @ampersandad

Offline Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #611 on: May 5, 2012, 08:12:14 pm »
Shit happens.

It's a massive massive summer for the whole club. Changes need to be made at almost every level. Time to be brutal, because this club can't afford to carry passengers any longer.

You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline QC

• rawks Lionel Hutz, ambulance chaser.Sucks up to the wrong type of Mod.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #612 on: May 5, 2012, 08:12:14 pm »

:lmao

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #613 on: May 5, 2012, 08:12:17 pm »
First hour reminded me of Schalke against Man Utd last season

Offline brad147690

• get shirty
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #614 on: May 5, 2012, 08:12:48 pm »
Tuesday night we should go in hard into them and rough them up and hopefully leave them with a few injuries  ;D

Today Chelsea didn't really play that well. They sat back and we didn't create anything for 60 minutes then we gifted them a goal and the other was lucky to go through Suarez legs. Carroll made a real difference but tactically they got it right and we didn't and a bit of luck has helped them but luck runs out and Di Matteo wont have it lucky all the time, they used to boss teams around under Mourinho and now they seem to be quite a boring team to watch.

Petr Cech still hasn't lost a F.A cup game  :no

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #615 on: May 5, 2012, 08:12:50 pm »
well said. ttypical that an excuse like this would come up. gives people a reason to still cover dalglish.

Theres a million reasons to still cover Dalglish you fucking gobshite.
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline kLFCreds

• JonJo lookalike
  • Anny Roader
  • Huntelaar in January, please.
« Reply #616 on: May 5, 2012, 08:13:01 pm »
These photoshop images are something else.

Jesus, what difference does it make?
We're going to win the league.

Offline Red Dane

• Kopite
  • Probinate nobis similibusque
« Reply #617 on: May 5, 2012, 08:13:16 pm »
Spearing is not even good enough to be Lucas' understudy. What a shit perfomance. Off to Kidderminster :wanker
Every power draws its ultimate consequences at every moment. Supposing that this also is only interpretation-and you will be eager enough to make this objection?-well, so much the better. (Nietzsche; Beyond Good & Evil, p. 30-31).

Offline garumn

• Kopite
« Reply #618 on: May 5, 2012, 08:13:24 pm »
Thank you Andy Carroll for at least making a game out of it today. A lot of our guys just did not show up at all today.

Doesn't matter if the ball was or wasn't over the line, Cech made sure it was impossible for the ref to give it either way. That decision certainly didn't cost us the game.

Offline mtpeters

• Main Stander
  • ...my dick be swangin'
« Reply #619 on: May 5, 2012, 08:13:25 pm »
I do, thank god this club legend is staying cos he deserves another crack next season. Might ruin some peoples summer that the King is staying, but never mind eh.

If he can correctly invest in some decent midfielders, then I don't see how anyone would argue with him staying on.  That having been said, can you say with confidence that Kenny and staff can attract some decent transfers this summer?  Our last two summer transfer windows have been frightening to say the least.

Offline ArchieC

• Legacy Fan
  • Once a Red Always a Red WE BLEED RED!!
« Reply #620 on: May 5, 2012, 08:13:33 pm »
Wow. We've just seen what happens when Spearing steps in for Lucas, and you're happy with that?!

It's not ideal but remember he's just backup. U can even put Gerrard there because he can read the play just like Lucas and Xabi Alonso did, but if Gerrard was 2 play that deep, then we'd have 2 look for a creative mid and i doubt Aquilani will come back and Adam is not good enough.
We all bleed RED!!

Offline RojoLeón

• Brentie's #1 fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #621 on: May 5, 2012, 08:13:46 pm »
I thought Chelsea had a much better squad and team before the game (no surprises there really).

Very disappointed in the actual course of the match. Some awful performances there. Carroll's cameo aside, there was too few areas where we got the better of them on a one to one basis. We lost as a team, but few redmen even got close to fighting harder then their direct counterpart. Every summer appears to be 'big' and 'most important' but the coming months have so many hard decisions needed: I don't envy anyone in the management or ownership. The only players I'd keep in my current mood would be the back five today, Henderson (by the skin of his teeth), Suarez, Lucas and Coates. I'd any take money offered for the rest.

Kudos to Lampard, Drogba and Cech, who effectively won the cup for Chelsea. Hope they get fucking snotted and humiliated in Munich on Wednesday.

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #622 on: May 5, 2012, 08:13:51 pm »
One of the proudest moments of my LFC life there, listening to the travelling Kop singing YNWA at the end.
Posts like that are lost on here mate.
At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline The Jackal

• GENESIS 1:1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent...
« Reply #623 on: May 5, 2012, 08:14:16 pm »
The problem today was the same as it has been for most of the season - lack of game management, and that comes down to the midfield. We don't control games anymore. Even in the last 30 today when we rallied Chelsea were still pretty much in control - they held us at arms length and played us on the break. There's a lack of tactical nous and maturitty in the team, mainly in centre-mid, but also throughout the team. Lucas can counterbalance that to a certain extent but he needs help. Our priority this summer should be be find a top quality central midfielder who can play alongside Lucas but also cover for him if he is out for whatever reason. That should be our main focus ahead of a striker of wide player - I'd be happy for us to blow our entire transfer budget if it meant gettiing a top class midfielder is.

Ultimately Chelsea were better than us today because they were stronger tactically - they didn't even play that well to be honest if we're looking simply at the quality of the performances, but their players all knew what they should be doing at different moments in the game, how to behave when they lost possession, what  to do in the transitions; they were efficient with the ball and maximised their opportunities at the right moments. We, on tthe other hand, played far too reactively - there was a lack of antincipation both in our  defensive play and our attacking play and that's a real problem for next season. We've got a lot of good assets in the squad, but we  need to maximise those assets - a quality centre mid alongside help him both control and direct the play in both an attacking and defensive sense would go a long way to solving some of those problems..
Blanco y en botella. Es leche, no?

Offline ocecynwa

• Kopite
« Reply #624 on: May 5, 2012, 08:14:17 pm »
Gutted. Downing, Henderson and Spearing were crap. We need a new centre mid badly!
Remember when we used to sing "we've got the best midfield in the world'? Not so much anymore.

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #625 on: May 5, 2012, 08:14:22 pm »
Disagree. I don't think we're too negative under Kenny, I don't think we're much of anything - and that's the problem. There's no ethos. We play entirely differently from one game to the next.

One of the most concerning things this season is that quite often we've got better as the game has gone on - when any predefined tactics have gone out the window and we've played more off the cuff. That really, really doesn't reflect well.
The only negative blame i can lay on Kenny is and it has been all season is the amount of defenders and midfield he has on the bench other than that he is a positive manager
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013

Offline -Q-

• What's the Q for? The workhouse for the poor and the gallows for the left.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #626 on: May 5, 2012, 08:14:27 pm »
That's because the camera is not in line. For guidance don't look at the posts, look at the goal-line and the ball is over. But it doesn't matter as I don't feel we really deserved it. Wholesale changes to be made in the next few months and some undeserving individuals shipped out and replaced properly- also wouldnt be surprised at all to see the King step down but that's for another thread.

LOL..does not matter it was a goal because we did not deserve it? WE SCORED IT therefore WE DESERVED IT! Did Chelsea deserve it? No, Spearing and Reina messed it up gifted them their first - it still counts.  Anyway, Carroll deserved it for sure.
Welcome to Liverpool Brendan Rodgers
Quote from: Brendan Rodgers
Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore...     Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game...     I will fight for my life for the supporters and the people of this city

Offline Rob84

• Main Stander
« Reply #627 on: May 5, 2012, 08:14:30 pm »
These photoshop images are something else.

Jesus, what difference does it make?
We win the FA cup.

Offline damian

• Gregory Peck's scared of me. So is cling film. Too inept to swallow a tiddly (wink) ;) Likes the idea of straps.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #628 on: May 5, 2012, 08:15:03 pm »
You didn't do Tech Drawing at school did you?

Nope :)

:)  I just drew a circle around what could be seen of the ball.

Besides, as I said in my original post, doesn't matter now - refs don't have a photoshop expert like me to help them out during the match and was a difficult one to call.

The first 60 minutes in which we seemed to be trying harder to lose the game than they were to win it was the reason we lost.
RIP 97 - You'll Never Be Forgotten, You'll Never Walk Alone.

JUSTICE FOR THE 97 - Don't Buy The S*n

Offline kLFCreds

• JonJo lookalike
  • Anny Roader
  • Huntelaar in January, please.
« Reply #629 on: May 5, 2012, 08:15:11 pm »
We win the FA cup.

If you think THAT'S the reason we lost the FA Cup... just wow.
We're going to win the league.

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #630 on: May 5, 2012, 08:15:14 pm »
Look. Lets not be bitter. Let not be going round in circles. We didn't deserve anything today.
It really is that simple. Such is life.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline babraham

• blincoln. Likes to have man crushes cos he's so pretty, oh so pretty (vacant).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #631 on: May 5, 2012, 08:15:15 pm »

;D
The imbecile formerly known as babraham. But now called babraham again! Though still an imbecile. Sadly.

Klopp: "We have to change from doubters to believers...NOW"

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #632 on: May 5, 2012, 08:15:15 pm »
Fair to say that we didn't turn up for an hour but football is a 90 minute game and it really doesn't matter if we only played for 6 because we had a perfectly good goal not given. We might be watching penalties right now if the linesman had made the right call
« Last Edit: May 5, 2012, 08:17:05 pm by Mark Walters »
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline BarnsleyScouser

• Kopite
  • Best in the World
« Reply #633 on: May 5, 2012, 08:15:40 pm »
We win the FA cup.

Well no, we would've pulled it back to 2-2...
If showing respect to the 96 and other victims of Hillsborough on the 15th is seen as unacceptable by other teams fans then I am glad I support Liverpool and understand some things are more important than football

Offline Carly

• Rafa Obsessive. Wales Rugby Union fan. Defianately!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #634 on: May 5, 2012, 08:16:06 pm »
I will never call for Dalglishs head and anyone that does should **** off, but at the same time im worried his job, as our owners quite frankly won't give 2 s**ts about who he is and what hes done for this club as a player and manager.  All they care about his success and quite frankly this has been a shocking season and most of our signings this season havent worked out.

Offline deadlybuzz

• Vuvuzela queen
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #635 on: May 5, 2012, 08:16:33 pm »
Shit happens.

It's a massive massive summer for the whole club. Changes need to be made at almost every level. Time to be brutal, because this club can't afford to carry passengers any longer.

Yup. I can envision a culling likely happening. Just a little concerned in who could be coming in the summer if we don't get our targets (or if the targets are the same 'little to be desired' category again).
Ahh, pressing refresh and waiting for news... just like the bad old days.

Liverpool porn, this.

anyone who's negative can fuck off

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #636 on: May 5, 2012, 08:16:36 pm »
Balls.

Offline ArchieC

• Legacy Fan
  • Once a Red Always a Red WE BLEED RED!!
« Reply #637 on: May 5, 2012, 08:16:44 pm »
there was no fucking game plan, no strategy, disgraceful really. the first hour was unforgivable for a cup final.

There was a game plan but it just didn't fall 2 plan. 4-5-1 and try and hold Chelsea but once they got the goal that idea went out the window.
I still think Kenny prob should of made his subs right at the start of the 2nd half.

Problem is that when he did take spearing off that midfield opened up and we were vulnerable until Chelsea started sitting back holding on2 their lead.

Don't doubt there's never a game plan, there always is but it just didn't fall in2 plan
We all bleed RED!!

Offline MobileBayRed

• Kopite
« Reply #638 on: May 5, 2012, 08:16:48 pm »
We came out very passive.  No pressing.  Seemed like that was a tactical gameplan.  Not sure why we decided to sit back the first 60 minutes.  Enrique made a mistake but stepped up his game in the second 45. 

Season ended with Lucas' injury.  We simply didnt have a replacement.
just can't confirm that delivery address and consequently gets non stop pelters off PayPal.

Offline wheresnemeth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #639 on: May 5, 2012, 08:16:51 pm »
Tuesday night we should go in hard into them and rough them up and hopefully leave them with a few injuries  ;D

Today Chelsea didn't really play that well. They sat back and we didn't create anything for 60 minutes then we gifted them a goal and the other was lucky to go through Suarez legs. Carroll made a real difference but tactically they got it right and we didn't and a bit of luck has helped them but luck runs out and Di Matteo wont have it lucky all the time, they used to boss teams around under Mourinho and now they seem to be quite a boring team to watch.

Petr Cech still hasn't lost a F.A cup game  :no

They were boring as shit on a stick under Mourinho, but they were winning so people were blinded to the fact how dull and conservative Chelsea were.
making a c*nting mess of a list, like c*nts on a bike trying to win the Tour de France...