Author Topic: Internet connection problems  (Read 1105 times)

Offline ollyfrom.tv

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Internet connection problems
« on: March 5, 2015, 03:26:57 pm »
My laptop will not connect to the Internet. I am using Windows 8. On the blue side bar it tells me I am connected to my router. But when I try to go on the Internet I get a message saying that it cannot find the server. I have tried using an ethernet lead. I get the same message.. My phone connects to the router with no problem. Anyone got any ideas as to what the problem is. Thanks in advance

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
Re: Internet connection problems
« Reply #1 on: March 5, 2015, 03:28:07 pm »
Have you tried deleting all temp files?
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline ollyfrom.tv

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: March 5, 2015, 03:58:35 pm »
I'm currently running a system restore. I think that removes all the temporary files.

Offline ollyfrom.tv

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: March 5, 2015, 04:36:35 pm »
The restore seems to have fixed the problem.

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #4 on: March 5, 2015, 10:01:38 pm »
I had the same problem today.

Found that the laptop was in "airplane" mode.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: January 7, 2017, 03:24:24 pm »
I was recently given a Dell Latitude E6430 running windows 10 that was given to my brother in law when he was working in Finland so its got a Finnish keyboard. I've installed English language so the keyboard works like the UK.

The issue I've got is that I've somehow accidentally put it in airplane mode last night and cannot get it back out of the mode. I've tried Fn + PrtScrn, F2 on its own and Fn + F2 with no joy. You can't do it through internet settings as when you click on the icon, it just flicks straight back into airplane mode.

Anyone got any idea how the hell I fix this?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Juneau

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6 on: January 7, 2017, 09:01:05 pm »
I was recently given a Dell Latitude E6430 running windows 10 that was given to my brother in law when he was working in Finland so its got a Finnish keyboard. I've installed English language so the keyboard works like the UK.

The issue I've got is that I've somehow accidentally put it in airplane mode last night and cannot get it back out of the mode. I've tried Fn + PrtScrn, F2 on its own and Fn + F2 with no joy. You can't do it through internet settings as when you click on the icon, it just flicks straight back into airplane mode.

Anyone got any idea how the hell I fix this?

Only idea I've got is to disable the network adapter via Network and Sharing Center>Change Adapter Settings and right clicking on the wireless adapter and disabling it. Then re-enable and see if it kicks it back in.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: January 7, 2017, 10:05:39 pm »
Only idea I've got is to disable the network adapter via Network and Sharing Center>Change Adapter Settings and right clicking on the wireless adapter and disabling it. Then re-enable and see if it kicks it back in.

Thanks but that didn't work but managed to sort it. On the side of the casing I found a small slider switch, turns out this is the switch that turns wifi off.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA