Author Topic: PC Techies report in. Components upgrade advice needed.  (Read 6190 times)

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
Re: PC Techies report in. Components upgrade advice needed.
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2016, 05:09:45 pm »
I bought this to upgrade my ageing equipment. I kept the i5 but went for 16Gb. To upgrade from an old i7 2700k. Deus Ex is out soon and I need to be ready. I already have an R9 390X 8Gb so hopefully thats another 5yrs until my next upgrade.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/defcon-2s-msi-z170a-krait-configurable-overclocked-skylake-bundle-bu-073-og.html

My case, ssd, hdd etc and psu (850W) are all good and my watercooler will be fine on that cpu too.

I like o/c bundles. Never give me any probs.
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2016, 06:10:04 pm »
What did you decide to do buddy? You bought anything yet? ::) :wave

Apologies!

Been busy with life, (read: me new box ;D). Ended up with 480gb SSD, MSI B150 A Gaming board, i5-6500 core, 8gb ram and a Noctua NH-D9L cpu cooler. The mobo was a demo unit, had to act fast to get it for £60ish. £500 ish for the lot.

So far, bery, bery pleased ;D
@Yvanicuzz

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2016, 06:41:17 pm »
Apologies!

Been busy with life, (read: me new box ;D). Ended up with 480gb SSD, MSI B150 A Gaming board, i5-6500 core, 8gb ram and a Noctua NH-D9L cpu cooler. The mobo was a demo unit, had to act fast to get it for £60ish. £500 ish for the lot.

So far, bery, bery pleased ;D
Good work buddy, glad you got yourself sorted, and more importantly are pleased with the results! 8) :wave

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2016, 10:48:46 am »
The bundle I bought above fitted easily and is running nicely at 29°C cpu temp and 32°C sys temp. Quite like the fast boot feature, which almost immediately goes straight to desktop from switching on.

Does anyone know of a charity that takes old pc parts? Obviously no HDD's (they fdisked, deleted and get my powerful magnet treatment prior to the tip).
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2016, 01:18:46 pm »
Gonna hijack this thread a bit, anyone ever mess around with ShadowPlay from NVIDIA?

Offline Commodore64

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #45 on: September 9, 2016, 12:23:11 pm »
I use ShadowPlay a lot. What's up?

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: September 9, 2016, 01:08:35 pm »
I use ShadowPlay a lot. What's up?

I can get it to work on my laptop while streaming WoW, streaming Hearthstone though it doesn't start recording at all. The little green box comes up with the framerate but when I push F9 (or whatever my hotkey is to manual record) nothing happens.

Apparently it's something to do with Hearthstone not being in "proper" full screen mode. Although I check the settings in the optimized panel it says "Open in Full Screen"

So very confused.

Offline Commodore64

• Kemlynite
« Reply #47 on: September 9, 2016, 07:02:55 pm »
I can get it to work on my laptop while streaming WoW, streaming Hearthstone though it doesn't start recording at all. The little green box comes up with the framerate but when I push F9 (or whatever my hotkey is to manual record) nothing happens.

Apparently it's something to do with Hearthstone not being in "proper" full screen mode. Although I check the settings in the optimized panel it says "Open in Full Screen"

So very confused.

Switch the 'record desktop' mode on. That *should* get you sorted.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: September 9, 2016, 07:04:22 pm »
Switch the 'record desktop' mode on. That *should* get you sorted.

It's not available. It's on a laptop.

Offline Commodore64

• Kemlynite
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2016, 02:51:02 pm »
Record desktop means capture your screen. It's built in to shadow play.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2017, 12:11:55 am »
I think we all should consider upgrading to something like this...

the video on how it was built...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q7wVPYe8kX0?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Q7wVPYe8kX0?fs=1</a>

From https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/5ngq8a/the_most_epic_pc_case_ever/

Damn my boring pc...  :(

more star wars pc mods here - http://walyou.com/star-wars-pc-mods/
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 05:16:25 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576