Author Topic: rafabenitez.com  (Read 63893 times)

Offline The Red Dub

• Main Stander
  • whats the story balamory
Re: rafabenitez.com
« Reply #560 on: March 9, 2012, 06:56:37 pm »
lawro isnt a fan of him.was just laughing his head off on irish radio about chelsea fans calling him a fat spanish waiter.most of the ex liverpool players dont like him.whys that?
"Liverpool lost that sense of purpose when Steve ­Heighway was sacked, and the Anfield academy was restocked with over-rated, underwhelming, imported talent."

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #561 on: March 9, 2012, 07:01:24 pm »
lawro isnt a fan of him.was just laughing his head off on irish radio about chelsea fans calling him a fat spanish waiter.most of the ex liverpool players dont like him.whys that?
he fucked off their mates from the academy who gave them little tidbits, and/or they were just playing up to the press to get more work

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #562 on: March 9, 2012, 07:04:34 pm »

Alot of them are failed managers and probably jealous of never having gotten a shot at the Liverpool job. Probaly bitter that he is held in higher regard amongst the vast majority of Liverpool fans than most of them too.

Oh I forgot to add, Lawrenson is a fucking c*nt.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #563 on: March 9, 2012, 07:05:56 pm »
Lawrenson is a fucking c*nt.

Is the simple answer.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline E2K

• A seriously talented
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #564 on: March 9, 2012, 07:12:36 pm »

Professional pundits, regardless of previous allegience,  trade on their past. It's the nature of the job. Ex-Reds who have moved into professional punditry are no different. Their chief qualifications to talk about the game and get well-paid for doing so aren't necessarily tactical insight or analytical flair. No, far more important is the fact that they can have the words "Anfield legend" or "former Liverpool captain" placed before their names. Instant authenticity, right? Most of them have also won copious amounts of silverware and been high-profile personalities in the game for some time, so it's an easy sell for newspaper and television companies.

Scratch beneath the surface, however, and there's very little knowledge there in the vast majority of cases. What's more, they will routinely go along with the generally-accepted opinion on most issues simply because it's easier or possibly because they fear less work if they stick their heads above the parapet. These factors have long been present in the media's view of Rafael Benitez, a man who did an excellent job at Liverpool in so many ways but is seemingly loathed by the majority of the English media. The cabal of former Reds who have regularly stuck the knife in over the years are just doing what everyone else does, nothing more, nothing less. If they seem to talk more about Liverpool, it's because this club happens to be their moneymaker. You might expect more from former Liverpool players, but you'd be wrong to.

That said, Lawrenson is a particularly nasty case.
« Last Edit: March 9, 2012, 07:18:22 pm by E2K »
Twitter: @e2klassic
Blog: theredstar.home.blog

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #565 on: March 9, 2012, 07:15:44 pm »

Another reason Lawrenson is a knob and not worth listening to.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #566 on: March 9, 2012, 09:26:39 pm »
Either way, apparently Rafa and Lawro are on Football Focus tomorrow. Should be interesting
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline muyuu

• Google Groomer. reddit remain campaigner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Rafa - fact
« Reply #567 on: March 9, 2012, 09:30:30 pm »
These "fat Spanish waiter" chants are as xenophobic as it gets, yet the press not only seems to approve, they even find them funny.
"Chelsea have confirmed that their interim fans will leave the club when Roman Abramovich does"
-sinnermichael

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=303961.msg11432382#msg11432382

Offline Billman

• Anny Roader
« Reply #568 on: March 10, 2012, 12:29:20 am »
Either way, apparently Rafa and Lawro are on Football Focus tomorrow. Should be interesting

Looks like he will be on Today FM in Ireland tomorrow too, this was on their website:

"We're at the Stadium Of Light this weekend for Sunderland v Liverpool - and Michael will be talking to former Reds boss Rafa Benitez on the show."

Maybe it's prerecorded or he will be on the phone.

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
« Reply #569 on: March 10, 2012, 02:09:56 am »
Just browsed the papers, it's looking like Mourinho is going to stay at Real Madrid and Redknapp could stay at Spurs but he's angling for more money. Poor Rafa, seems people are clinging to the good jobs.
Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.

Offline Djimothy

• Kopite
« Reply #570 on: March 10, 2012, 06:07:11 am »
Just browsed the papers, it's looking like Mourinho is going to stay at Real Madrid and Redknapp could stay at Spurs but he's angling for more money. Poor Rafa, seems people are clinging to the good jobs.
Chelsea won't be in for him either after their fans reaction.If he wants work anytime soon he'll have to lower his expectations.

Offline Not funny reecehenebry

• Pitbull #2. Fanning the flames of debate since 03/06/10.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #571 on: March 10, 2012, 10:11:12 am »
Chelsea won't be in for him either after their fans reaction.If he wants work anytime soon he'll have to lower his expectations.
From all reports they WERE in for him, and Rafa didn't take it under Chelsea's terms.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 10:21:55 am by Not funny reecehenebry »
Why are you looking past this season?

Offline muyuu

• Google Groomer. reddit remain campaigner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Rafa - fact
« Reply #572 on: March 10, 2012, 11:51:47 am »
Redknapp doesn't sign for the Spurs, he may well go for a smash-and-grab job for Ingurland.

Wonder if they'd split the salary for him to his Swiss accounts.
"Chelsea have confirmed that their interim fans will leave the club when Roman Abramovich does"
-sinnermichael

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=303961.msg11432382#msg11432382

Offline Semi Skimmed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #573 on: March 10, 2012, 12:07:53 pm »

Ballague and Sid Lowe both said on twitter that the quotes from Jose about staying at Real were 100% untrue, he never said anything of the sort.

My monacle fell out at the sheer notion that a British tabloid would ever stoop to such a level.

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
« Reply #574 on: March 10, 2012, 04:48:30 pm »
sadly, yes. Seems the only potentially good job available is Spurs, but as I said Harry could just be angling for more money and more transfer budget.  I guess Rafa needs a mid table club with sensible owners and lots of money where they give him time. But to be honest I don't seem many of those either.
Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.

Offline ۩ Maximus ۩

• Long lost cousin of Imperator
  • Kopite
  • I AM AN IDIOT
« Reply #575 on: March 10, 2012, 04:50:32 pm »
Come home

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #576 on: March 10, 2012, 04:51:27 pm »

Offline RedGuy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #577 on: March 10, 2012, 04:53:25 pm »
Well I wouldn't be too sad if Rafa came back to Liverpool this season. It's just not working for Kenny, he's made some bad decisions this year.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #578 on: March 10, 2012, 04:57:17 pm »
Come home

Please don't start, it'll end up with this thread getting locked.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
« Reply #579 on: March 10, 2012, 04:58:37 pm »
Redknapp doesn't sign for the Spurs, he may well go for a smash-and-grab job for Ingurland.

Wonder if they'd split the salary for him to his Swiss accounts.
I'm getting the feeling he wants to stay at Spurs. I guess he doesn't want someone else coming in and taking his side further than he can ( which Rafa would almost certainly do). I feel for Rafa, I really do

Offline Stevie93

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #580 on: March 10, 2012, 05:00:35 pm »

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
« Reply #581 on: March 10, 2012, 05:05:15 pm »
Well I wouldn't be too sad if Rafa came back to Liverpool this season. It's just not working for Kenny, he's made some bad decisions this year.
Kenny  is untouchable as far as most fans are concerned. However if he fails to get a CL spot this season Likely) then he'll be on trial next season which won't be any easier. We'll start off lined up for 5/6 just as this season.  I'm not sure Rafa would want to wait  another season and a half though.

What most people forget is Rafa had us punching above our weight something we still need even with our current owners as there are at least 3 teams that can outspend us.  In a few seasons it will dawn on people how close Rafa came to putting us back on top and how he, and the fans were cheated by the Hicks and Gillette fiasco. ( I still blame Moores and Parry!!!).  Kenny may unite the fans, and he's a good manager, but I believe Rafa is a better manager and a better judge of talent.

Let's face it Adam vs Alonso ... hmm
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 05:10:55 pm by Magic8Ball »

Offline DanFromMars

• Stays up all night playing cards. Henri Winterman cigars
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Indie Retro News
« Reply #582 on: March 10, 2012, 05:15:05 pm »
Kenny  is untouchable as far as most fans are concerned. However if he fails to get a CL spot this season Likely) then he'll be on trial next season which won't be any easier.

By whom?  The media?  Fuck me Kenny hasn't even had one full season in charge.  It takes years to build a proper team and gel the signings he's made.  At the end of his fourth season in charge let's say how the success of his return has been.  And since he's already got silverware, I think a positive one.
Indie Retro Gaming News Site
http://www.indieretronews.com/

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #583 on: March 10, 2012, 05:16:41 pm »
Please don't start a Kenny v Rafa debate, whatever you think. Otherwise the Mods will probably lock a perfectly decent thread
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline Lucas21

• A Better Future
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Half of Everything is Luck
« Reply #584 on: March 10, 2012, 05:20:50 pm »
Please don't start a Kenny v Rafa debate, whatever you think. Otherwise the Mods will probably lock a perfectly decent thread

x100

Just fuck up with your knee jerk reactions

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
« Reply #585 on: March 10, 2012, 05:24:09 pm »
By whom?  The media?  Fuck me Kenny hasn't even had one full season in charge.  It takes years to build a proper team and gel the signings he's made.  At the end of his fourth season in charge let's say how the success of his return has been.  And since he's already got silverware, I think a positive one.
by the board. the board want a CL spot - Giving Kenny 2 full seasons to get a CL spot is very reasonable  don't you think?

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #586 on: March 10, 2012, 05:26:45 pm »

Let's face it Adam vs Alonso ... hmm

Err - Rafa sold Xabi.

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.