Author Topic: When a 6 year-old French Boy met the Red Army, Paris, May 1981  (Read 9764 times)

Offline Ray Davies

• Main Stander
When a 6 year-old French Boy met the Red Army, Paris, May 1981
« on: November 2, 2004, 03:42:26 pm »
When a 6 year-old French Boy met the Red Army Back in Paris, May 1981

by forumite Roger Milla From SoFoot.com

1981. Francois Mitterand had been newly elected as President, and the Left was back  in power after 23 years of conservative rule. “La fête de la musique” (National musical festival for the celebration of summer) was born and would then take place every year from then on. Herbert Léonard, the French Cliff Richard, was singing the cheesiest songs the world had ever heard …

That was a time when football players were really dedicated to their club and only moved when they did not really have the choice, when players’ wives were of no concern, and let’s be honest, the greatest European cup had a fantastic name : the European Champions Cup ! And would you believe it, only champions competed in it?! Nobody could argue that times weren't great back then.

1981 was an outstanding year, because it saw the clash of four mighty teams: the semi finals  saw Liverpool FC led by Dalglish vs Bayern FC led by Rummenigge; and Real Madrid led by Camacho vs. Inter headed by Altobelli. It was also great because the winner was eventually Liverpool after defeating Real Madrid at the “Parc des Princes” in Paris. Only the youngsters of today can’t remember Souness lifting up the “big eared” cup.

Any Kopite will know all of that day anyway, the day that made history for the Reds. But who knows the thrilling story of a young French boy who encountered the Spion Kop, which were crawling all over Paris. That was a  big shock for him and he has never forgotten that day since!

The final was played in Paris where many kopites were hanging around, and this little boy ran into the greatest club in British history through the mightiest way possible: the fans of the Spion Kop. This will remain a very special day for young Roger Milla, who now tells you his story …

In France, Wednesday is children’s day, they do not work. As a young French kid in the early 80s, here is my typical Wednesday : football training at 1.30, Lu cookies at 4 and my favourite cartoons at 5. But this day is not usual - by the way, I still don’t have a clue what wonderful yet mysterious power led my dad to take me with him in his car and drive along to the big stores like le Printemps or les galleries Lafayettes.

As soon as we are on the Boulevard Hausmann, I can strongly feel there’s something special happening. Why are there so many people all dressed alike, all in red, and they all seem so happy? They really look like nice people. I don’t know who they are, or where they are going, but I’m totally stunned by the sheer number of them. There are so many. There’s no denying it, it’s love at first sight with the Spion Kop.

A few minutes later, as we drive away, I see many others and I just can’t help showing my excitement to my Dad : “ Dad, there are some more over there”, pointing toward a hundred Reds standing on the steps right in front of the magnificent “Garnier” Opera. They have this banner, with a big strange white bird on an all red flag, suspended over their head.

Now, we are stuck in the traffic jam, and we can’t hear anything but the noise made by the engines. However, I notice that they seem to be singing. How great it is to see this nice red color everywhere. It is clearly used to rally the troops. As my dad starts explaining me about who these people are, what the European Cup is and where Liverpool stands on the map, we arrive at the Trocadero, near the Eiffel tower.

Now, it’s clear to me this is not a communist demonstration, or the annual general meeting of the Federation of Santa Claus. There are hundreds, maybe thousands, but all in one, one Red unified mass.

This is more than I can bear, standing so far away, so I decide to come closer to them, hand in hand with my dad. Then they suddenly come as one, all making the biggest noise I have ever heard in my entire life. Their singing goes way beyond the engines. It’s loud, it sounds like music to my ears, all consuming. It sends shivers down my spine. I will never forget this lad, looking at me, as he notices my happy disbelief, and then winks at me.”

I can remember it as if it were yesterday. The old chap was missing one of his front teeth. That night, in front of the TV, I could not take my eyes off the Liverpool fans, all packed in “the Auteuil” terraces. For sure, at that moment, I was one of them.

Later on, Liverpool went through the tragic episodes of Heysel and Hillsborough, a turning point in the history of Liverpool FC and its fans, when it’s all about sorrow, despair, and anger.

Ever since,  I have frequently thought about this fellow with his front teeth missing  .. And I do really hope he’s not walking alone in paradise, but continuing to sing along with the Spion Kop at Anfield./.

Roger Milla

Rouge à 6 ans

1981. François Mitterrand abolit la peine de mort, Jack Lang inaugure la fête de la musique et Herbert Léonard chante pour le plaisir ou plutôt pour le sien. A cette époque, les footballeurs ne changent pas de clubs comme de slip mis à part Didier Six, personne n’en a rien à cirer des femmes de joueurs de foot mis à part Jean-François Larios et le trophée à grandes oreilles a encore la classe de s’appeler la coupe d’Europe des clubs champions, avec rien que des champions pour y participer. La belle époque. Cette année-là, excellente cuvée pour C1 millésimée. D’abord parce qu’elle offre un dernier carré de rêve : d’un côté, le Liverpool de Dalglish et de Mc Dermott face au Bayern de Breitner et de Rummenigge, de l’autre, le Real de Santillana et de Camacho opposé à l’Inter d’Altobelli et de Bergomi.

Ensuite parce que Scousers et Madrilènes s’affrontent en finale au Parc des Princes et que Graham Souness finit par soulever la coupe. Mais que vient alors faire le stade de la Porte de St-Cloud dans cette histoire ? Rien. Rien si ce n’est que la finale se déroule à Paris, que Paris est envahie par l’armée rouge et qu’en croisant ses chœurs dans les rues ce 27 mai, je rentre en collision avec le Liverpool Football Club. Alors malgré de sombres évènements comme le décès de Bob Marley, la mort de Georges Brassens ou la naissance de Natacha St-Pier, comment ne pourrais-je garder une émotion toute particulière pour 1981 ?

Mercredi, jour des enfants. Pour le gosse que je suis en ce tout début 80’s, c’est entraînement à 13h30, Prince de LU à 16, Musclor contre Skeletor à 17. Et ce mercredi-là, je ne sais par quel heureux hasard je me retrouve assis dans la voiture de mon père au lieu de manger des gâteaux, le cul posé devant un dessin animé. Toujours est-il que c'est sur le boulevard Haussman que je sens qu'il se passe quelque chose, lorsque je vois défiler tout le long des grands magasins un nombre incroyable de personnes portant tous la même couleur. J’ai une bonne impression quand je regarde ces visages, un sentiment de joie se dégage de tous ces faciès. Je ne sais pas qui ils sont, je ne sais pas où ils vont, mais je suis subjugué devant l’effectif et déjà je les aime.

Puis bis répétita quelques minutes plus tard et je ne peux m'empêcher de gueuler dans l'habitacle un "Papa, encore ! Là !", en lui montrant une centaine d'individus sur les marches de l'opéra. Oiseau blanc sur fond rouge, un grand drapeau est étendu au-dessus de toutes ces têtes. Prisonnier de ce flot de bagnoles, aucun bruit ne parvient de l'extérieur, juste celui des moteurs, mais apparemment, ils chantent tous. Et toujours cette même couleur partout, le rouge, comme un signe de ralliement. Le temps que mon père m’explique la situation, me parle de la coupe d’Europe et me fasse un bref cours de géographie anglaise, nous voilà devant l’esplanade du Trocadéro. Manif communiste ? Rassemblement de Pères Noël ? Non, toujours eux !

Pour le coup, ils sont plusieurs centaines, encore et toujours ces mêmes personnes que le rouge unifie. Je me rapproche de cette foule, la main dans celle de mon père, quand ils se mettent alors à pousser à l’unisson une gueulante comme un seul homme. Et là, plus de bruit de moteur pour couvrir leurs chants. C’est fort, c’est juste, ça monte dans le ciel. Un frisson épidermique me fait dresser les poils. Je me souviendrai longtemps de ce gars qui, chantant face à un gosse ébloui de 6 ans, m’adresse un clin d’œil en croisant mon regard. Je m’en souviens comme ci c’était hier. Il lui manquait une dent sur le devant. Le soir même, devant le poste, je n’avais d’yeux que pour les supporters de Liverpool agglutinés dans la tribune Auteuil. J’étais définitivement des leurs.

Puis plus tard sont arrivés les drames du Heysel et de Hillsborough. Des images horribles, la mort au tournant. Depuis, je repense souvent à mon pote édenté. J’espère qu’il ne marche pas tout seul au paradis et qu’il va toujours au stade…

Liverpool FC - Real Madrid : 1-0
27 mai 1981 à Paris (Parc des Princes), 48300 spectateurs
Arbitre (Referee): M. Palotai (Hongrie/Hungary)
But (Goals): Alan Kennedy (82)

Liverpool : Clemence - Neal, Thompson, Alan Hansen, Alan Kennedy - Lee, McDermott, Souness, Raymond Kennedy - Dalgish (Case 87), Johnson. Entr : Paisley

Real Madrid : Agustin - Cortes (Pineda 87), Sabido, Garcia Navajas, Camacho - Angel, Del Bosque, Stielike - Juanito, Santillana, Cunningham. Entr : Boskov

Meilleur buteur de la compétition (top goal scorers in the competition): Karl-Heinz Rummenigge (Bayern Munich) et Souness (Liverpool), 6 buts

The Background

This article tells the story of a 6 year-old French Boy who met the Red Army in Paris for the 1981 European Cup Final in Paris. It was posted for the first time on the So Foot website on September 17th 2004 by a forumite Roger Milla.

He posted in an ongoing thread dedicated to Liverpool Football Club ==Ici Anfield== that I created and have tried to run. As far as I know, this is the only place where LFC issues are discussed on a regular basis in French … (this does not include phone calls by Gérard to Bruno, El Hadji, Anthony and so on …)

Though 23 years older (and wiser) now, Red Roger Milla still doesn’t speak English, so I have tried to translate this on his behalf. My only contribution has been to talk him into posting it on RAWK and to translate it. I will make sure that all your comments and message  you may post will be sent to him.

Thanks in advance to take a little time to read this story, that I personally found really funny, exciting and very moving. For those who would like to go to the original article in French (and visit the Ici Anfield thread) please go to :

http://forums.sofoot.com/index.php?showtopic=314&st=250

© Arnaud 2004
aka Ray Davies (RAWK) and StevieG (SoFoot.com)
« Last Edit: November 4, 2004, 05:35:44 pm by Rushian »
YNWA

Pheeny

Re: When a 6 year-old French Boy met the Red Army, Paris, may 1981
« Reply #1 on: November 2, 2004, 04:17:38 pm »
That was excellent pass on my thanks to Roger.Has he had be able to see Liverpool live at all?

PS and thanks to you for translating.

Offline Ray Davies

• Main Stander
« Reply #2 on: November 2, 2004, 04:20:24 pm »
No, he's never been to Liverpool. He supports Paris SG, but has a strong connection with the Reds ... This is a true story !
YNWA

Offline BlueEyes

• Main Stander
  • I love Ayumi :)
« Reply #3 on: November 2, 2004, 04:40:34 pm »
I am a 'foreign' fan as well, and while I was reading through the article, I was touched by what Roger encountered. The atmosphere, warmth and a sense of belonging - that Liverpool is me or should I say I am red.

Offline Bannside Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Proud to be Red
« Reply #4 on: November 2, 2004, 04:53:00 pm »
Great post Ray, pass on my regards to Roger.  :wave

Proud to be RED.

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #5 on: November 2, 2004, 04:54:49 pm »
That was superb.  I loved reading that.  Warmest regards to Roger   :-* and many thanks to you for posting such a lovely recollection  :wave
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline Paul Tomkins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: November 2, 2004, 04:56:15 pm »
It's funny seeing the Real Madrid side we beat in 1981:

Camacho and Del Bosque - I can't imagine them as footballers, having seen them as fat middle-aged managers!

Offline Ray Davies

• Main Stander
« Reply #7 on: November 2, 2004, 04:59:30 pm »
Thanks to all of you, He has the link so he will show up maybee, but anyway I will pass the greetings and congrats to him ...

Btw, Paul, I saw the game recently on ESPN, which in France shows old sports event, that was real great ....
YNWA

Offline docker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8 on: November 2, 2004, 05:21:06 pm »
roger thanks, i was at the match, the best noise Ive heard at a final, never forgoten.
block 107

Offline Ray Davies

• Main Stander
« Reply #9 on: November 2, 2004, 07:03:48 pm »
roger thanks, i was at the match, the best noise Ive heard at a final, never forgoten.

Nice you enjoyed it, maybe it would be fun to write your own day and give it to Rodger ....

Were you the guy with the front teeth missing, Docker ? ;D
YNWA

Offline docker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: November 2, 2004, 07:16:03 pm »
full set still there, but i remember entering what i thought was the stadium and seeing Borg & connors warming up for their tennis final, true. and after the match souey & Neal asking me dad for a lift after their piss test to take them to some club called the lido were they were having the party.
block 107

Offline Nicoliverpool

• French Pie Eating Champion 2007
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We shall not be moved
« Reply #11 on: November 2, 2004, 07:31:49 pm »
this sounds like my story  :o
watching Liverpool playing in the Parc Des Prince and falling in love with the red army
except i'm a bit younger and mine was when we lost 3-0 there in the CWC
and i support Liverpool, not just a strong connection  :wave
Yanks out

Offline anfield_reds

• Legacy Fan
  • We're only in it for the money
« Reply #12 on: November 2, 2004, 07:51:02 pm »
Great read  :)

It remembers me Manu Chao's story (he's a very popular singer here in France).
Manu Chao's parents are from Spain. But the guy grew up in France. His father got him a ticket for the final. He was in the Madrid end. But he admitted that he was so impressed by the Red supporters and their chants that he changed his mind and wanted Liverpool to win.  ;D

Offline Ray Davies

• Main Stander
« Reply #13 on: November 2, 2004, 08:00:15 pm »
this sounds like my story  :o
watching Liverpool playing in the Parc Des Prince and falling in love with the red army
except i'm a bit younger and mine was when we lost 3-0 there in the CWC
and i support Liverpool, not just a strong connection  :wave

Nico,

do you still live in Paris ? Do you know the Paris Branch of the Reds ? We meet to watch games together in a Pub called "the Rush Bar" (great name, hein !!)
YNWA

Offline docker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: November 2, 2004, 08:03:57 pm »
i was there in 97 against psg, couldn't see much through that net they put up, remember the players on the mobiles while sitting on the pitch, got beat 3-1 i think, on Barnes coach just past the ground all you could see were all these naked prostitutes sitting on police bikes,funny.
block 107

Offline Ray Davies

• Main Stander
« Reply #15 on: November 2, 2004, 08:09:32 pm »
full set still there, but i remember entering what i thought was the stadium and seeing Borg & connors warming up for their tennis final, true. and after the match souey & Neal asking me dad for a lift after their piss test to take them to some club called the lido were they were having the party.

Nice anecdote, mate, I would have love to go to the Lido that night
YNWA

Offline Ray Davies

• Main Stander
« Reply #16 on: November 2, 2004, 08:15:13 pm »

Manu Chao's parents are from Spain. But the guy grew up in France. His father got him a ticket for the final. He was in the Madrid end. But he admitted that he was so impressed by the Red supporters and their chants that he changed his mind and wanted Liverpool to win.  ;D

I didn't know that, Anfield-Reds, maybe you should post it on Ici Anfield, shoudn't you ? ;D
YNWA

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #17 on: November 2, 2004, 08:32:51 pm »
One of the many great memories we carried back from Paris 81 was going into a restaurant - and I've no idea of which one or where it was - and eating the most fabulous French Onion soup I've ever tasted before or since.   Was one of the highlights of another great victorious night.  And we danced in the fountains as well - and everywhere and on everything else for that matter.  One of our special songs for that night (sung to the tune of "Under the Bridges of Paris" was:

How would you like to be
A scouser in Gay Paree
Strolling along by the banks of the Seine
Winning the European Cup once again

We'll go to the Eiffel Tower
And stay just for half an hour
And we won't be late
When we celebrate
Scousers in Gay Paree

We'll go to the Follies Bergere
They all love Scousers there
The women are gorgeous with skins like a peach
But no one can move it like Kenny Dalgleish

Then back to the Eiffel Towerr
And stay just for half an hour
Cos we won't be late
When we celebrate
Scousers in Gay Paree.

:wave
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline Ray Davies

• Main Stander
« Reply #18 on: November 2, 2004, 08:37:24 pm »
Thanks Maggie for that memory, sounds really good, I can imagine what we the Paris Reds would do when we win anything soon : in celebration on 81, we shall get a soup near the Pantheon and then get saoked in the nearest Fontaine .... :wave

We take Red Rodger along with us .... ;D
YNWA

Offline docker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: November 2, 2004, 08:40:16 pm »
ray, is that periphiqe still traffic jamed, went round it 3 times looking for port st denis ?
block 107

Offline Ray Davies

• Main Stander
« Reply #20 on: November 2, 2004, 08:44:48 pm »
ray, is that periphiqe still traffic jamed, went round it 3 times looking for port st denis ?

Oh Yes it is, mate, awful, really awful .... So did you end up finding Porte de St Denis ?
YNWA

Offline docker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: November 2, 2004, 08:50:02 pm »
yes, rodger if i remember isnt there a football or athletics track over the road, and an underground entrance to the princes.
block 107

Offline Ray Davies

• Main Stander
« Reply #22 on: November 2, 2004, 08:58:46 pm »
yes, rodger if i remember isnt there a football or athletics track over the road, and an underground entrance to the princes.

I don't know the Parc des Princes very well, but i think the metro is kinda far .... But the motorway is going under the stadium .....
YNWA

Offline Nicoliverpool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We shall not be moved
« Reply #23 on: November 2, 2004, 09:13:35 pm »
i don't live in Paris and never have... i live in Cannes  :)
Yanks out

Offline Ray Davies

• Main Stander
« Reply #24 on: November 2, 2004, 09:26:42 pm »
i don't live in Paris and never have... i live in Cannes  :)

Are you getting to the Monaco game then ? It's tough to get tickets, you have to buy them on site and only two for each buyer .... Tough ....

Hope so see you around on Ici Anfield on So Foo.com then, NicoLiverpool
YNWA

Offline Nicoliverpool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We shall not be moved
« Reply #25 on: November 2, 2004, 09:43:06 pm »
when i said watching them playing at the Parc des Princes i actually meant on telly...

and yeah i'm going to Monaco, will try my best to get tickets, and i need one for me, one for my pub team coach (who is a scouser) and one for an Irish guy who supports Liverpool too... anyway i'll get into this stadium, you can be sure of that...
i also made Marseilles last year, was so so good
Yanks out

Offline Ray Davies

• Main Stander
« Reply #26 on: November 2, 2004, 09:49:15 pm »
I should get my tickets tomorrow hopefully  :)

Many Reds on la Côte d'Azur then ?
YNWA

Offline Nicoliverpool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We shall not be moved
« Reply #27 on: November 2, 2004, 10:05:54 pm »
tomorrow ??? how ?

not many reds no... i know a couple of French people who "likes" Liverpool but i don't consider them as reds... and then there's this Scouser who happens to be my pub team coach and an English teacher here, and i know a couple of Irish guys too who supports Liverpool, that's about all for Cannes and its area...
Yanks out

Offline Ray Davies

• Main Stander
« Reply #28 on: November 2, 2004, 10:15:35 pm »
tomorrow ??? how ?

not many reds no... i know a couple of French people who "likes" Liverpool but i don't consider them as reds... and then there's this Scouser who happens to be my pub team coach and an English teacher here, and i know a couple of Irish guys too who supports Liverpool, that's about all for Cannes and its area...

Tickets are on sale from today on !!! I have some who's gonna get  2 for me

We have a club in Paris, French, English, Aussies, a bit of everything, we meet for games in our pub where they show most Liverpool games (anway I have TPS now, we can see every single Liverpool game), have a mailing list, and we use Ici Anfield as a place to discuss LFC issues. Come and join us, we need people, it's not busy, but fun, with great posts like the one by Roger Milla .... I guess you know the journal So Foot ?
YNWA

Offline Nicoliverpool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We shall not be moved
« Reply #29 on: November 2, 2004, 10:19:07 pm »
today  :o :o :o

fucking hell i didn't know that
i'm at uni all day tomorrow, so unable to go... i'll ring the ground and will go on thursday, my free day  ;D
Yanks out

Offline Ray Davies

• Main Stander
« Reply #30 on: November 2, 2004, 10:26:40 pm »
I hope there will be some left for you ... How come student can't skipp classes to get tickets for footie nowadays ?  ;D
YNWA

Offline Nicoliverpool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We shall not be moved
« Reply #31 on: November 2, 2004, 11:04:08 pm »
Monaco's support is pretty poor, and the first day of sales wasn't advertised much (i was looking for some info and didn't even know it was on sale today !)
i could skip lessons but i've done it too many times recently, i'll just wait one day, i'll get some i'm quite sure of that
Yanks out

Offline Ray Davies

• Main Stander
« Reply #32 on: November 2, 2004, 11:08:59 pm »
Monaco's support is pretty poor, and the first day of sales wasn't advertised much (i was looking for some info and didn't even know it was on sale today !)
i could skip lessons but i've done it too many times recently, i'll just wait one day, i'll get some i'm quite sure of that

Monaco sucks, they don't even have a site that tells you that, I had to call them a couple of times, and it's intl call, can't do it from work or from my mobile  :upyours
YNWA

Offline Ray Davies

• Main Stander
« Reply #33 on: November 4, 2004, 03:40:05 pm »
^
YNWA

Offline Nicoliverpool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We shall not be moved
« Reply #34 on: November 4, 2004, 03:57:25 pm »
bought mine today, 5 for 50 euros, i was over the moon till i realised on my way back i had 2 in the "populaire h" (just next to the Liverpool end) and fucking 3 in the Monaco "Ultras" stand  :no
what a bunch of c*nts
i'm keeping one of the populaire h one, but i'm pissed off for the people i was supposed to sell them to, who also are Liverpool fans  :butt
Yanks out

Offline Ray Davies

• Main Stander
« Reply #35 on: November 4, 2004, 04:04:03 pm »
I thought it was only possible to buy 2 tickets ?  :o
YNWA

Offline Nicoliverpool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We shall not be moved
« Reply #36 on: November 4, 2004, 04:06:03 pm »
it was supposed to be...
pahhh i'm pissed off now, 2 tickets in the right area, 3 in the wrong...
Yanks out

Offline Nicoliverpool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We shall not be moved
« Reply #37 on: November 4, 2004, 05:06:32 pm »
just rang them, spent about 20 minutes on an international call ( :tosser), so...
out of 8 tickets me and my mate bought, 2 are in the good stand, 6 in the wrong
BUT
the 2 in the good stand, according to the ticket machine, were sold 2 days ago ( :upyours)
and the 6 in the wrong were indeed sold this morning, but they were on sale to season ticket holders ONLY (  :wanker )
so they fuck it up, and end by blaming me : "stop talking with him, he's trying to trick you and get free tickets" said the boss behind "this is clearly impossible, he's a liar"

the poor old man on the line who was embarassed for me and probably felt a bit guilty as he was the one who sold me the tickets told me to come back tomorrow and that he'll swap my wrong stand tickets for right stand ones...
another nice little train trip tomorrow, after a busy day at uni, thanks god it's the last day of the week, and the most important thing

I'M DOING IT FOR LIVERPOOL FC AND THEIR FANS I KNOW TO WHO I PROMISED I'LL GET THEM TICKETS
Yanks out

Offline Ray Davies

• Main Stander
« Reply #38 on: November 4, 2004, 05:06:36 pm »
I had some one to collect my tickets, still no news, don't like that ....  >:(
YNWA

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
Re: When a 6 year-old French Boy met the Red Army, Paris, May 1981
« Reply #39 on: November 5, 2004, 02:02:16 am »

manu chao is a great guy, seen him in concert 3 times - in brixton ,and at two festivals in france....the guy is the european bob marley - real rebel music

thats a funny story about him being converted into a liverpool supporter...
« Last Edit: April 8, 2015, 11:13:25 pm by mersey_paradise »
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"