Author Topic: Etihad Airways  (Read 1729 times)

Offline Frank.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
Etihad Airways
« on: November 23, 2012, 10:40:19 pm »
I booked a flight with these a few days ago, not directly through their site. How would I go about adding the miles to my guest card and checking the seating stuff?

Also anyone flown on an A330-200 or a Boeing 777-300ER with them? Any comments?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 10:45:37 pm by Frank. »

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Etihad Airways
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 10:48:23 pm »
I booked a flight with these a few days ago, not directly through their site. How would I go about adding the miles to my guest card and checking the seating stuff?

Also anyone flown on an A330-200 with them? Any comments?

Flying to Saudi with them and on the 330-200 Via Abu Dhabi in 2weeks. Usually go Qatar airways so hope Etihad are good too.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 10:58:14 pm »
Seatguru.com will help you pick the best seats.

Offline nadeeer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 11:25:15 pm »
I prefer Etihad planes (both the above mentioned are very good from a comfort perspective) to Emirates or Qatar though I still normally take Emirates because its routes are much more convenient for me and layovers are much shorter.
"For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side."

Offline AA1122

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You will look down and the tea will be gone.
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2012, 08:57:31 am »
If you have the guest card then I think the miles should automatically go onto your guest card? If not, just e-mail them as it says below and they usually put them on the next day. I have done this before and I am sure I didn't have the PNR reference for one of the flights but they still gave me the miles. :)

I really like flying with them, staff have always been great, meals are decent, plenty of refreshments and the E-box entertainment has a very wide range. I like the duty-free at Abu Dhabi too! The first time I flew with them I got a Lumix camera with the miles just for flying! 'Really impressed with them.

Missing miles for a partner airline flight
In the event that you find miles missing from your account for flights you have taken on any of our airline partners, simply scan a copy or your boarding card and email it a long with the following details to retroclaims@etihadguest.com

• Your Etihad Guest Number
• Your First Name
• Yours Last Name
• Partner Name
• Partner Flight Number
• Origin
• Destination
• Cabin
• Booked Class
• Booking Reference: (PNR)
• Ticket Number

http://www.etihadairways.com/sites/etihad/global/en/guestrecognition/visitor/YourAccount/Pages/claim-missing-etihad-guest-miles.aspx
All around you walls are tumbling down. Stop staring at the ground.

Offline Frank.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2012, 04:20:50 pm »
Cheers sorted it now, chose my seats and that too. Think I got some decent ones, right by the galley so I can pop my head round for a drink ;D

Offline Scaryscouse

• Purveyor of shite english lager
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nice packet of Crunchy Nut you got here
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 11:02:51 pm »
I've flown Etihad a couple of times from Dublin to Oz and all bar one of my flights have been really good. Food was good, decent selection of movies.
I remember years ago doing the fart with your fingers pointed like a gun.

I did it to my brother, I had a dressing gown on.

Instead of farting I shat on the floor - my brother thought I was demented.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2012, 12:26:18 am »
My Missus is flying them right now, to the UAE and then on to India, I will ask her tomorrow night about how they flew and about the miles.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline JohnM

• Mystic tealeaf reader
  • Anny Roader
  • That's how they roll.
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2012, 06:00:54 pm »
I fly them all the time good airline, gone a little down hill, after their initial introduction into the market. Generally very good airline, I am a gold member and they do have very good business lounge, except JFK New York. 
JohnM

Do all that is necessary and nothing that is not

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2012, 11:09:00 pm »
Frank, spoke to the missus this morning about her flight on Etihad and she had nothing but good things to say. She was own the 777 and said her flight was comfortable, the service was excellent, food was actually nice and edible (and quite tasty). She also recommends signing up for the gold member package as she was able to double her miles.   

Offline Agger

• Do Do Do.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2012, 11:20:56 pm »
Easily the best airline I've ever travelled with. Great service, good food, very friendly people and you get your own TV (at least on the one's I've been on).
If there was ever a reason for human cloning, Steven Gerrard is it.

Offline Frank.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2012, 11:38:27 pm »
Frank, spoke to the missus this morning about her flight on Etihad and she had nothing but good things to say. She was own the 777 and said her flight was comfortable, the service was excellent, food was actually nice and edible (and quite tasty). She also recommends signing up for the gold member package as she was able to double her miles.   

Cheers buddy.

On the A340-200 for the Manchester - Abu Dhabi leg and the 777-300r for the Abu Dhabi - Bangkok leg.

Can you sign up for the gold member package? I thought you just accessed it by having a certain amount of miles.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2012, 12:04:35 am »
Cheers buddy.

On the A340-200 for the Manchester - Abu Dhabi leg and the 777-300r for the Abu Dhabi - Bangkok leg.

Can you sign up for the gold member package?
I thought you just accessed it by having a certain amount of miles.

Well she signed up for it and it was her first time flying Etihad, but she does of tons of miles from other airlines and said something about them transferring over (not sure which way the miles were transferring though...)