Author Topic: Pro Evolution Soccer 2012  (Read 54210 times)

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2012
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2011, 12:27:13 am »
*annual post moaning about how they just need to make an HD version of ISS Pro Evo*
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2011, 01:01:00 am »
Ok this is how its all going to go.

*PES is shite
*Fifa is better
*PES will never bridge the gap
*Bring back PES 6
*PES 6 was brilliant
*Remember Adriano's left foot?
* Ye, PES 6 was brilliant

*Jesus PES 2012 is shite. Prefer Fifa.

*annual post moaning about how they just need to make an HD version of ISS Pro Evo*

Lock the thread.

(seriously)

5th annual KONAMI disappointment alert.
:D

Offline ThepepeReina

• Space Cadet with a monoflatulent other half
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2011, 02:47:21 pm »
PES 2011 is such an improvement on recent games, all they need to sort out is the slowness which defenders react when a through ball is played, frustrates the life outta me.
Gamertag - GOUGHYlegend
I aint got time to bleed

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2011, 05:48:25 pm »
PES 2011 was pretty good. Still playing it now. If they can improve the AI, the tackling and challenging system and improve the shooting I'll be happy.

There will be the usual endless arguments on here I expect :) I'm sure Fifa will be good as it has been last few years.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2011, 05:50:28 pm »
If they can improve the AI, the tackling and challenging system and improve the shooting I'll be happy.

So basically everything besides the graphics?

;)

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2011, 05:52:11 pm »

;)

yeah exactly :)

Offline PJG

• Legacy Fan

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2011, 11:59:25 am »
Konami are really gonna have to turn around the gameplay this year if they want to get anywhere near FIFA as PES is just going n th opposite direction at the moment.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2011, 12:03:24 pm »
FIFA11 is shit compared to previous high standards of 09/10.

So many glitches, for instance people can glitch in ranked games to have a stat improved team, and also Be A Pro, the thing I play mostly on there is laggy as fuck and chances are you will either lag or lag out at least once every other game.

Offline Songs to Sing

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Hold your head up high He made the people happy
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2011, 12:04:47 pm »
the player faces look so much better in pro than fifa. one thing pros always been great at is player likeness, you can "feel" who it is youre playing with just by the way the player reacts. fifa on the other hand...
-Rafael Benitez 03/06/2010: "Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone." No, thank you, you wondeful, humble, gracious man. You fought for us for years and won't be forgotten.-
The 5th Benitle

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2011, 01:22:10 pm »
Konami are really gonna have to turn around the gameplay this year if they want to get anywhere near FIFA as PES is just going n th opposite direction at the moment.

Yes it is, it is going in the direction of actually representing football, not some hockey/rugby combo that FIFA gameplay resembles.

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2011, 02:09:34 pm »
where would this thread and the fifa thread be without pathetic fan boy banter

Offline redmachine

• Legacy Fan
  • Y N W A
« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2011, 02:18:02 pm »
I really didnt enjoy FIFA 12 so this has a chance with me!

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2011, 02:18:46 pm »

To be honest I don't think they do. Seeing ISS Pro in hi def would reveal how the engine cheated on that game to force collisions and move players on magnetic rails. It looked and played great on CRT 4:3 screens though!

I don't know which game will do it better but for me its all about off the ball running (AI) and decent tackles/challenges in midfield that make a great game. Fifa has loads more animations but I'm not sure the overall game is any better.

Fucking Barcelona though - laser guided passes into space, magical running, incredible dribbling and shots going into the top corner - its all sooooooooo unrealistical and shit ! ;D

Offline Mr Kipling

• Manhattanite
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Dream of Kloppifornication"
« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2011, 03:30:50 pm »
I really didnt enjoy FIFA 12 so this has a chance with me!

Are you from the future?

;)

Offline smig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2011, 03:43:41 pm »
PES badly stagnated for a couple of years before last year's game was released. I was impressed with 2011 though and played it a lot more than the past few versions. Subtle improvements need to be made but it's on the way back I think.
"Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt."

Offline Chief.

• Kopite
« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2011, 03:44:30 pm »
Can't people just enjoy both games or just fucking play the one they like and stop bashing the other.

I was a long time ISS/PES fanboy until Next-Gen killed it after PES 6. I  then switched to FIFA like many.

A few months ago I bought PES 2011 because I switched over to PS3 and I have really enjoyed it, there isn't as much depth as FIFA but it's heading in the right direction. I will be getting both PES and FIFA this year.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2011, 05:18:48 pm »
the player faces look so much better in pro than fifa. one thing pros always been great at is player likeness, you can "feel" who it is youre playing with just by the way the player reacts. fifa on the other hand...
They really don't. Not anymore. Those three screenshots released of the new PES just emphasis just how poor they now look in comparison. I'm not being funny or anything, but looking at the faces in those screens imediately made me think of Resident Evil 5. The graphical style is almost exactly the same used in that game. The thing is, the faces remind me of the infected zombies in that game, rather than normal people. The tech Fifa uses with the 6 way face scan is as close to reality as you're likely to get this generation. I mean, it can't be argued with. It's a perfect scan of the actual player's face.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2011, 06:45:28 pm »
They really don't. Not anymore. Those three screenshots released of the new PES just emphasis just how poor they now look in comparison. I'm not being funny or anything, but looking at the faces in those screens imediately made me think of Resident Evil 5. The graphical style is almost exactly the same used in that game. The thing is, the faces remind me of the infected zombies in that game, rather than normal people. The tech Fifa uses with the 6 way face scan is as close to reality as you're likely to get this generation. I mean, it can't be argued with. It's a perfect scan of the actual player's face.

Admittedly, I've not given FIFA 11 a go - but, recalling FIFA 09 and 10, the players that they put the effort in for were really good, those they didn't weren't - I'll cite Agger as an example of one I recall not being done properly.

By comparison, I don't know whether FIFA or Pro Evo does faces better - I'd be willing to bet that a lot more players have an accurate facial representation on Pro Evo than FIFA though.

Offline redmachine

• Legacy Fan
  • Y N W A
« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2011, 08:19:26 pm »
Are you from the future?

;)

You wont believe our league position after 12 league games ;)

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #60 on: May 31, 2011, 09:33:50 pm »
You wont believe our league position after 12 league games ;)

Still in shock after last season's...

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: June 1, 2011, 08:11:35 am »

;)

I should really say what I like about PES 2011:
  • It makes you think about and aim your passes to play good football
  • The dribbling is good, you cannot destroy a team easily with Messi but you can cause havok with well timed dribbling
  • The new defensive system is pretty good, again you have to think about holding a player up - not just diving in with pressing or a tackle
  • Most of the players have "personality" and individual attributes making it worth your while scouting Italian or Spanish players for your MasterLeague team (something I never really feel with Fifa, this may have changed I'm sure)
I reckon the Fifa-erisation of football games has made Konami up their game. EA still has the more advanced game but I like the way PES plays even though they will really need to sort out a couple of areas to keep up.
« Last Edit: June 1, 2011, 08:13:10 am by lionel_messias »

Offline MiserableP15

• Liable to get overexcited at the site of opposition goalie's rear
  • Legacy Fan
  • Certified thread killer - Best on the web.
« Reply #62 on: June 1, 2011, 08:15:31 am »
If PES had the licenses and official names, the FIFA franchise would have been fucked long ago. Plain and simple.

Given the rubbish we're seeing FIFA involved in, I urge all of you to buck the trend and buy a different footie game this year.

Operation Boycott FIFA.
"So Bierhoff’s got a short time to press his claims, now that the other two strikers who started the match have both been taken off……Kuntz."

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #63 on: June 1, 2011, 09:44:22 am »
Yeah but that's just not true any more is it

Offline ThepepeReina

• Space Cadet with a monoflatulent other half
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #64 on: June 1, 2011, 10:15:24 pm »
  • The dribbling is good, you cannot destroy a team easily with Messi but you can cause havok with well timed dribbling
  • The new defensive system is pretty good, again you have to think about holding a player up - not just diving in with pressing or a tackle
  • Most of the players have "personality" and individual attributes making it worth your while scouting Italian or Spanish players for your MasterLeague team (something I never really feel with Fifa, this may have changed I'm sure)
I reckon the Fifa-erisation of football games has made Konami up their game. EA still has the more advanced game but I like the way PES plays even though they will really need to sort out a couple of areas to keep up.
Agree with all of this
Gamertag - GOUGHYlegend
I aint got time to bleed

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: June 1, 2011, 10:35:36 pm »

Had a quite a few hours playing PES 11 with a mate a while a go and hoenstly, didn't notice any of this mate.

I'm shite at PES and he's quite good yet I just walked through his defence a shitload of times with Suarez, thought the dribbling was shite due to the animations, defence was OK but not great and didn't notice any difference between most players, they jsut played the same apart from 2-3 of them.

Meh, I'm a FIFA fan though.

Offline Mashy-rawr!nooo

• Oordeers friiees wiith hiis whoopers!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Once upon a time.....
« Reply #66 on: June 1, 2011, 10:44:16 pm »
Had a quite a few hours playing PES 11 with a mate a while a go and hoenstly, didn't notice any of this mate.

I'm shite at PES and he's quite good yet I just walked through his defence a shitload of times with Suarez, thought the dribbling was shite due to the animations, defence was OK but not great and didn't notice any difference between most players, they jsut played the same apart from 2-3 of them.

Meh, I'm a FIFA fan though.

difficulty?

Try it on top level, I can't remeber the name of it. You won't be skipping through defences I assure you. On easy mode its piss (not saying you are on easy) because Every cross in-header goal by Rooney or Torres.
My Grammar is shit. I no it and you no it.
They're Stoke. They throw sticks at aeroplanes there

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: June 2, 2011, 12:15:37 am »

difficulty?

Try it on top level, I can't remeber the name of it. You won't be skipping through defences I assure you. On easy mode its piss (not saying you are on easy) because Every cross in-header goal by Rooney or Torres.

Was playing two-player mate, like I said, my mate is class on it and he plays on second to top level I think.

I'm shite on it though yet I was easily skipping through his defences, found the demo shite aswell, was way to easy.

Offline Gobias Industries

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: June 2, 2011, 12:48:42 am »
Was playing two-player mate, like I said, my mate is class on it and he plays on second to top level I think.

I'm shite on it though yet I was easily skipping through his defences, found the demo shite aswell, was way to easy.

Yer mate is shite at it. ;)

Offline Golden_Child

• I...I...I...Iwanttheknife......oh, serious mode? Okay. Ommmm. Give me the kniiiiiife. Ommmm. Pleeeaaaase!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Credulity is not a virtue
« Reply #69 on: June 2, 2011, 02:43:53 am »

;D  ;D  ;D

Your mate is class playing on 'second to top level'?

:lmao

Offline PJG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: June 3, 2011, 10:29:03 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/SSGTs597TO4?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/SSGTs597TO4?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

Offline andymanlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #71 on: June 3, 2011, 10:49:41 am »
Looks good.
"The club was great, the people were great and the people from Liverpool - the text messages, the phone calls, the emails, all the tweets I had on my Twitter account - it's unbelievable how much respect they showed me and it's also a bit emotional" - Dirk Kuyt

Offline Songs to Sing

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Hold your head up high He made the people happy
« Reply #72 on: June 3, 2011, 11:07:49 am »
God, I'm getting emotional, maybe pes can come back this year
-Rafael Benitez 03/06/2010: "Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone." No, thank you, you wondeful, humble, gracious man. You fought for us for years and won't be forgotten.-
The 5th Benitle

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #73 on: June 3, 2011, 12:42:43 pm »
Started off alright, became awful.

I just dont know how people choose it over fifa, when manual controls are implemented, plays like a real game of footy.

Oh and the crappy camera angles, they even ditched broadcast for some weirdy moving camera.
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline lachesis

• RAWK Scribe
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • МАРКСИСТ
« Reply #74 on: June 3, 2011, 12:57:50 pm »
I just dont know how people choose it over fifa, when manual controls are implemented, plays like a real game of footy.

I just set my camera to wide. Must say I played Fifa as the better game from 09 through to 10. When 11 came through it was so awful it actually made me try PES 2011. Both games have major faults, but the object of football is to score beautiful goals and PES lends itself more to that despite its shortcomings. Fifa seems to be finesse into top corner or blast into bottom corner, and I just got bored of it. I don't think either games are great currently, it's choosing which is the lesser of two evils and that will ultimately depend on what you want from the game.

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: June 3, 2011, 01:05:45 pm »
Not impressed by that video - hope gameplay is good.

Online owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: June 3, 2011, 01:09:46 pm »
Animation looks rigid, amlost robotic in that video.

Offline PJG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: June 3, 2011, 01:20:26 pm »
Started off alright, became awful.

Oh and the crappy camera angles, they even ditched broadcast for some weirdy moving camera.

Fifa always feels a bit too generic for me.  PES has a sort of indidualism that keeps me enticed until I lose patience with the shite penalty system.

Offline Chronic

• Legacy Fan
  • Give yourself the chance to be heroes.
« Reply #78 on: June 3, 2011, 03:44:30 pm »
Agree with what people are saying, this looks absolutely shite yet again.
Loves getting pissed and shagging brasses

Offline kirzer

• Kopite
« Reply #79 on: June 3, 2011, 03:45:47 pm »
Hopefully this will be good but doubt it will come close to fifa with manual controls.