Author Topic: Hicks Interview  (Read 10146 times)

Offline Jagdip

• former Lunatic
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Hicks Interview
« Reply #160 on: January 17, 2009, 11:15:18 am »
Crafty bugger is siding with Benitez for the fans vote.

I guess its Hicks and Benitez vs Parry and Gillet. Like a soap opera, but without a looker in the bunch!

Rafa, no?

Offline PETERC1992

• Anny Roader
« Reply #161 on: January 17, 2009, 12:27:42 pm »
TOM HICKS INTERVIEW IN FULL

Jimmy Rice 16 January 2009

Hicks: As Rafa says, we have a strong working relationship and we're united behind the team.

No im sorty tom, the team you own is liverpool

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: January 17, 2009, 12:37:09 pm »
At least he's learned how to not make everything worse with every interview. I mean the whole piece sounds fairly considered. But can we seriously ever forgive/forget the whole "Everton won't like that" debacle?

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: January 17, 2009, 12:46:43 pm »
I'm in the camp who thinks it's just another way of underminding Parry. Sure Parry may get in the way in transfers but Hicks wants shut of him. Maybe Rafa does as well but Parry's an important part of the board power struggle.
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Online Disintegration

• Legacy Fan
  • Kicking Against The Pricks
    • Attempted blog, didn't last long. As always.
« Reply #164 on: January 17, 2009, 12:54:55 pm »

I guess its Hicks and Benitez vs Parry and Gillet. Like a soap opera, but without a looker in the bunch!

To be fair, Rafa is siding with Hicks too. I get the impression that, despite Hicks being a brash loud-mouth, he finds him marginally more amiable and less sly than Gillette.

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
« Reply #165 on: January 17, 2009, 01:26:49 pm »
meanwhile in other parts of the world the sheik that's bought Man City has just lost what it would cost to buy Liverpool and he's still going after Kaka - this just sucks !
Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: January 17, 2009, 01:32:09 pm »
meanwhile in other parts of the world the sheik that's bought Man City has just lost what it would cost to buy Liverpool and he's still going after Kaka - this just sucks !

I'd rather we had a proper owner and win the league in the proper fashion rather than buy it. Man City can keep their Sheikh IMO.

Offline smicer07

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: January 17, 2009, 01:33:29 pm »

It's been Rafa and Hicks v Parry and Gillett for ages. Where have you been?

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
« Reply #168 on: January 17, 2009, 01:40:12 pm »
I'd rather we had a proper owner and win the league in the proper fashion rather than buy it. Man City can keep their Sheikh IMO.
I 'd rather the club and its history not be for sale and the owner (singular) is a fan who understands tradition and has sufficient money to fund reasonable transfers  ;)
Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.

Offline Need_a_bevvy

• The Bomber Harris of the Current Affairs Forum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: January 17, 2009, 01:53:15 pm »
They've done the damage. Only a new stadium will do, in this case.

You did hear about a certain little problem in the financial sector?
"For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side."

Offline Need_a_bevvy

• The Bomber Harris of the Current Affairs Forum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: January 17, 2009, 01:57:18 pm »

I agree.

Winning the league by buying it would just be unpalatable.
"For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side."

Offline tomtom

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: January 17, 2009, 02:00:30 pm »
I 'd rather the club and its history not be for sale and the owner (singular) is a fan who understands tradition and has sufficient money to fund reasonable transfers  ;)

Wanted: 1 Liverpool fan with a spare 1 billion pounds knocking around to buy the club and fund the new stadium, whilst in the mean time keeping the fans and manager happy through  supplying yet more funds to compete for the title and most vitally stopping the team we all love to hate from overtaking us in league titles.

When you think about the position we're now in its sickening.

No-ones gonna come in and compete with the Abu Dhab's in a cock measuring contest, financially they're hung like an elephant. More to the point, no-one's going to get financial backing now to take over us using debt, and even if they did they would first have to line the pockets of twit and twat (well done Moore's, well done Coco you pair of clowns) and build a stadium and at the end of it all it will be us who end up paying for all the cock up along the way... so we will probably be a self sufficient club somewhere around the year 3000.

WANK!

Offline smicer07

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: January 17, 2009, 02:02:27 pm »

Obviously that'd be the ideal.

Offline tomtom

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: January 17, 2009, 02:02:56 pm »
And why do the two T word's auto correct to G&H!? Should it not be in reverse? Or do they now deserve to be refered to using there actual names?

Offline smicer07

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: January 17, 2009, 02:04:16 pm »
And why do the two T word's auto correct to G&H!? Should it not be in reverse? Or do they now deserve to be refered to using there actual names?

Probably because it's very immature.

Offline tomtom

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: January 17, 2009, 02:15:30 pm »
Probably because it's very immature.

Sorry dad!

Offline smicer07

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: January 17, 2009, 04:01:45 pm »