Author Topic: Liverpool 1-1 Man City (2-1): (Gerrard, pen) Half time.....  (Read 90523 times)

Offline Koplord

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
Pablo Zabaleta @pablo_zabaleta 
People are saying that Liverpool are very poor in this moment, but we have a lot of respect on them, especiallly when they play at Anfield.

Just seen this on Twitter.

If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor.

Offline S7ARZ

• Legacy Fan
  • 25/05/05
Its his second is it? Ah right. Never mind then.

Don't think they will add any extra matches for an appeal will they? They didn't with Kompany and he appealed

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Don't think they will add any extra matches for an appeal will they? They didn't with Kompany and he appealed
Extra match is not added automatically, but only if the offense is obvious and the appeal is deemed unnecessary. They do that to prevent delaying tactics by a club to use a player in a crucial game. In Kompany's case the decision was upheld (whatever the reasons), but it was clear that he had a reason to appeal.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline S7ARZ

• Legacy Fan
  • 25/05/05
Extra match is not added automatically, but only if the offense is obvious and the appeal is deemed unnecessary. They do that to prevent delaying tactics by a club to use a player in a crucial game. In Kompany's case the decision was upheld (whatever the reasons), but it was clear that he had a reason to appeal.

Oh right, makes sense I guess so does the ban come into effect immediately if no appeal is made?

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Oh right, makes sense I guess so does the ban come into effect immediately if no appeal is made?
yes. But I'm more concerned how we handle Silva and Aguero than Balotelli.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline S7ARZ

• Legacy Fan
  • 25/05/05
yes. But I'm more concerned how we handle Silva and Aguero than Balotelli.
True, but less choices for them to bring on when City's legs go.
I'm just hoping they start Savic and Dzeko. The two of them were awful at the weekend and Hart looked a little shaky too

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Yes.

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
I didn't find Hart shaky in the least. His only mistake was overcommitting on the Defoe goal: he came out too stiff. He could learn a thing or two on THAT part of goal-keeping from Pepe.

I am annoyed that Lescott did not get punished retroactively. If intent is irrelevant, then his stiff-arm was clearly 'violent conduct'. I don't think he intended to 'clock' anyone, but he was clearly using 'brutality'. Stiff-arming is not allowed in football (the real kind).

Dzeko could not possibly be compared, performance-wise to Savic. The latter was criminally naive, short of confidence, etc. Dzeko just had a quiet game. Between Dzeko and Balotelli, I fear the former much more, for he's a skilfull, intelligent player and not prone to theatrics and going for 'magic'.
Ludi Circenses!

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
People are saying that Liverpool are very poor in this moment, but we have a lot of respect on them, especiallly when they play at Anfield.

He's right to say that. We're good at home. We dont win as many as we should, but win dont lose games easily.....

Played 12, Won 5, Drew 7, Lost 0

They know they will have to play VERY well to beat us. Sets it up for a good game  :D
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
Can't wait for this. Biggest week on the pitch for 3 years.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline Rormac

• Anny Roader

Likewise and agreed.

90 mins from Wembley.

Offline ALANM

• Legacy Fan
True, but less choices for them to bring on when City's legs go.
I'm just hoping they start Savic and Dzeko. The two of them were awful at the weekend and Hart looked a little shaky too

Hart single handedly got them a point at Anfield in the League. Let's have a positive line up and attitude please Kenny and players. This is a massive week.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan

100% Agreed, like I said earlier its our biggest moment as a club since Atletico Madrid in '10.

(Quite a sad reflection on how far we've fallen I suppose since '09, but fuck it.)

Offline Waka

• negative fucker
  • Legacy Fan

Respect, and that goes a long way, hats off to Zabaleta.

But that comment is out of pity, which makes me cry because it should be fear.

Offline S7ARZ

• Legacy Fan
  • 25/05/05

Dzeko could not possibly be compared, performance-wise to Savic. The latter was criminally naive, short of confidence, etc. Dzeko just had a quiet game. Between Dzeko and Balotelli, I fear the former much more, for he's a skilfull, intelligent player and not prone to theatrics and going for 'magic'.

Dzeko is on a terrible run of form and certainly lacking confidence too. He's not been showing the same ability that he displayed earlier on in the season.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
Dzeko is playing poorly at the moment but he's a boss player so still need to be wary off him, I'm nervous as shit, last game we played them I nearly shat a brick everytime they were within 25 yards of our goal because their attack is so bloody good.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97

They will be crying when You'll Never Walk Alone and Qua sera sera is belting around Anfield at full-time.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
totally agree. Expecting a positive response from the lads after saturdays shocker. on a side note got my seat in the kop for this, any other rawkites going? hope the atmosphere will be memorable, a workmate is coming along for his first game.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan

Not sure why there's a big love in for him, he's hardly going to ridicule us in public, the likes of Silva and Aguero would of been pissing themselves laughing when they witnessed Mark Davies casually jog about 20 yards into our box for 1-0 the other day, Lescott and probably even Zabaleta will also be loving the fact they're probably going to be up against Carroll, its just bollocks, and  I agree about you with the comment on the whole to be fair, its out of pity and looking down on us in a way.

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
We simply cannot afford to have one eye on the red mancs at the weekend. Has to be the strongest possible team on Wednesday, fuck the weekend.
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
We simply cannot afford to have one eye on the red mancs at the weekend. Has to be the strongest possible team on Wednesday, fuck the weekend.

Yep, a win on wednesday and the lads will be bouncing which should take care of Saturday.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Rormac

• Anny Roader
Knocking out City will give us the lift for Saturday.  It is going to be a great few days.

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I got the Lucas thing wrong. Will be right on Henderson though. Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.

Offline Mohammad Shahrul

• Oral Pisser
  • Main Stander
  • Im the Red PHP programmer, huhu!! :-)
    • http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petronas_Towers
Hope the players will give their 100%, even more...
Hope Charlie Adam can deliver a free kick ala David Beckham...
This game is big, I will take a bath without a soap if Carroll score...
I believe Skrtel and Agger can step up like a man, beat Aguero or
Dzeko to the shameful until they look like a masturbated loser...
We are going to win this. We will...
p/s: I just joined RAWK forum, hope can learn something from you all.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petronas_Towers

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Hope the players will give their 100%, even more...
Hope Charlie Adam can deliver a free kick ala David Beckham...
This game is big, I will take a bath without a soap if Carroll score...
I believe Skrtel and Agger can step up like a man, beat Aguero or
Dzeko to the shameful until they look like a masturbated loser...
We are going to win this. We will...

hahaha mate i want whatever drugs you're on  ;D

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
I take it Spearing won't make it. Really need a defensive midfielder in there to stop Silva getting space and threading balls. If we stop Silva we'll get through because I think we can handle Aguero/Dzeko.
YWNA

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
Gerrard man making mission on Silva? Don't trust anyone else to be honest.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
Really looking forward to this now; let's get to Wembley and win a cup, it's been far too long.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
 Silva will make a massive difference from the last game, we need somebody to track him, if our midfield lines up like it did against Bolton we'll get twatted, hope Jay is back or Gerrard is on defensive duties
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
Would be nice to get the "no trophies for 6 years" tagline off our club too, and we can laugh at Arsenal for their trophy drought again ;D

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
Silva will make a massive difference from the last game, we need somebody to track him, if our midfield lines up like it did against Bolton we'll get twatted, hope Jay is back or Gerrard is on defensive duties

Agree. If Spearing doesn't make it we absolutely cannot play Adam as our deep midfielder. I'm really unsure what we should do actually; don't fancy Carra or Agger there either.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline danbylfc

• Kopite
Nerves are already starting to kick in. Was quite confident last week but after that performance @ the reebok it has kind of swung my head and im not overly confident. Cant see Bellamy starting this one. Carroll up top with Downing and Hendo on the wings.

Liverpool 1 - 1 City
Twitter: @Stedanby

Offline HuytonRed_91

• Anny Roader
  • Scouser's rule the country
i am nervous because of the situation we find ourselves in. 90 minutes from wembley.

We have  been in similar situations like this before in europes elite.

I believe we can do it.

Everyone needs to get in early and make it feel like a chelsea 05/07 atmosphere.

City will not know what has hit them.

Believe in kenny and the lads and do not fear manchester city.

Andy Carroll may be the hero
Come on you mighty reds

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
dunno why everyone is worried....we are very good at drawing at anfield.

We just have to set out to win!

and if we actually do win its a bonus.....cmon redmen!!!
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
If Spearing isnt fit then we are fucked. Who else can do the job?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline JN Jonsson

• Considerably richer than yow... richer even than Southern Pansy
  • Kopite
  • Hub of the Internet-Terrorists.
Missed last game vs Bolton (First in many seasons) - So Buzzing for this one!

Hope we can score first, or at least don't concede in the first half - then we have it!

MOVE ON RED MEN! YNWA
Gimme gimme jon, Gimme jonjoooohhh
Gimme gimme jon, Gimme jonjoooohhh
(Britney Speares - Give me moore)

Offline HuytonRed_91

• Anny Roader
  • Scouser's rule the country

lets not worry about their players and focus on our lads doing the job
Come on you mighty reds

Offline inexorably red

• Anny Roader
Dzeko is on a terrible run of form and certainly lacking confidence too. He's not been showing the same ability that he displayed earlier on in the season.
trouble is you can just imagine him turning it on for this one game, bit like the Bolton havent beaten us for ten games etc etc always has me a bit nervous
“If you’re in the penalty area and don’t know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we’ll discuss the options later.”

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
A disciplined Henderson/Adam, with Gerrard just ahead can surely pull out a professional job. Flood the midfield, break from deep. It is what we should have done against Bolton.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Rococo

• mo-sissoko
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
lets not worry about their players and focus on our lads doing the job

Eh?  Spearing is one of our players!