Author Topic: Glen McLeod Cooper Johnson  (Read 68534 times)

Offline Crouch Potato

• Srofa spud!
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Glen McLeod Cooper Johnson
« Reply #400 on: December 22, 2013, 08:32:43 am »
Sniffing salts might help. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan. His mistakes are brain farts. They could be caused by said injury, so lets wait. Last minute winner against c*nt's will do nicely.

Dunno about sniffing salts, but anyone else notice Glen sniffing Luis' armpit while celebrating the 3rd goal yesterday!

Weird!

Offline MerseysideBrum

• Legacy Fan
  • Show them the way to go ome
« Reply #401 on: December 22, 2013, 09:00:48 am »
Can get a better ball player and defender for the 120k a week that he demands. I hope we don't extend his contract and get someone else in (montoya or of that ilk).  He's been a solid player for Liverpool down the years but I don't think he fits in to FSG's thinking. He's getting old and isn't that vital to the team (worst player ATM), they can get someone younger and cheaper in and maybe get a few bob for Johnson while they're at it. (or just move Kelly up to the first team)
The reds are coming up the hill boys.

Offline Tonyh

• Tony get the shots in (after 7pm)
  • Legacy Fan
  • .............is the final piece of the jigsaw!
« Reply #402 on: December 22, 2013, 09:11:12 am »
Something's up, physically or mentally. Just looks like he's lost a wee bit of pace, maybe it is physical.

Was saying the same watching the game yesterday. Once when he was chasing back he could barely keep up + looked old for once. Is it physical or mental?

Let's also never forget the 39!

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #403 on: December 22, 2013, 10:04:59 am »
Was one of best in team at start of season. Been the worst IMHO in last few. Heavy touch on that ball from Phil and strolling around generally. Can't understand why unless it is to do with contract discussions going bad?
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #404 on: December 22, 2013, 10:10:53 am »
He wants £120k? From his point of view his last contract but no good from the club's.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: December 22, 2013, 10:22:50 am »
I watched Montoya closely last week for Barca. Good player but he still has the attacking brain farts Johnson does, and is probably not tested as much in defence. there were three times he could have squared it from the wong first time and hesitated, blowing the chance. Have a feeling many on here would be just as frustrated if he took GJ's place.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #406 on: December 22, 2013, 10:23:19 am »
Can get a better ball player and defender for the 120k a week that he demands.

Is that what he's on, or asking for? And if the latter, how does anyone know that?
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #407 on: December 22, 2013, 10:35:19 am »
Was one of best in team at start of season.

Conveniently forgotten by some because he is struggling for form currently.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 10:44:03 am by spider-neil »

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #408 on: December 22, 2013, 10:44:13 am »
It wasn't even that long ago he was excellent against Fulham I think it was. Of course he's had that ankle sprain, that odd infection (but that was reported as only a day thing) but he does look off the pace physically. Hope it's not physical.

Offline MerseysideBrum

• Legacy Fan
  • Show them the way to go ome
« Reply #409 on: December 22, 2013, 11:03:05 am »
Is that what he's on, or asking for? And if the latter, how does anyone know that?
Don't really want to link to this site but yeah, even if the numbers are exaggerated a bit, it's most likely above 100k.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1209134/REVEALED-Liverpool-handed-Glen-Johnson-139-000-week-deal-beat-competition-Chelsea.html

I don't think he is a bad player and unlike people above have suggested I do remember his form at the start of the season. Even then I don't think he was a player that was playing well enough, or important enough to the team, to earn 130k a week. Just my opinion!
The reds are coming up the hill boys.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #410 on: December 22, 2013, 11:15:56 am »
Out of form a bit right now. But have faith he'll be back to his best soon. Funny, that I always think that he's much better at left back
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: December 22, 2013, 11:22:25 am »
Watched the game again and Johnson makes a decent enough contribution, for instance the chance Flanno has when the ball is hacked off the line is created by Johnson.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #412 on: December 22, 2013, 12:28:05 pm »
He hasn't been great recently, but is still much better than anything else we have at right back.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline ronnie_whelan

• Main Stander
« Reply #413 on: December 22, 2013, 01:09:35 pm »
Out of form a bit right now. But have faith he'll be back to his best soon. Funny, that I always think that he's much better at left back

he is probably better at left back because he is being played out of position and is actually being forced to think about what he does.

Offline SkinHimHesShite

• 80 kgs benchpressed, but are we impressed?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: December 22, 2013, 01:21:47 pm »
Hazard vs Johnson is going to be a fucking disaster if Johnson doesn't up his game big time. He normally raises his level against his older sides though. Hopefully he continues that trend.

Johnson will be fine vs hazard. He matches the big wingers every time. Just hit a bit of bad form but he's an experienced player who knows how to handle busy Xmas schedules. I think he's taken his foot off the gas for the past few games. I will be very surprised if he doesn't perform vs city and then the c*nts.

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #415 on: December 22, 2013, 01:41:17 pm »
With Kelly coming back and Flanno playing like he is it will be the kick up the arse Glen needs to sort himself out. He's been well below the level we all known he can play at and if it doesn't improve he'll be out of the starting 11, IMO.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: December 22, 2013, 02:01:02 pm »
With Kelly coming back and Flanno playing like he is it will be the kick up the arse Glen needs to sort himself out. He's been well below the level we all known he can play at and if it doesn't improve he'll be out of the starting 11, IMO.

I've no doubt we're going to bring in a full back in January. He's had no competition at all and has badly stagnated as a result.

Offline Mali1

• No chance. Not all. Never. Hope died long ago, left dangling pitifully and listlessly from my tree of despondency and despair. Oh yes.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #417 on: December 22, 2013, 02:18:05 pm »
I remember when Johnson tried to beat players, he gave the ball away most of the times.
In the past few games, somehow I felt more confident when Flano went forward than when Jonson did.
At least he can keep the ball or pass to team mates.

Johnson on the other hand, seemed to be the only player who is either static or declining while the team is on fire.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #418 on: December 22, 2013, 02:23:58 pm »
He's been awful for a long time now and he'll need replacing in the summer if things don't change, he's still far better than anything else we've got though. He always plays put of his skin against Chelsea though.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #419 on: December 22, 2013, 05:58:25 pm »
I watched Montoya closely last week for Barca. Good player but he still has the attacking brain farts Johnson does, and is probably not tested as much in defence. there were three times he could have squared it from the wong first time and hesitated, blowing the chance. Have a feeling many on here would be just as frustrated if he took GJ's place.
I don't know how good or bad Montoya is, but there are other right backs of course, and Johnson needs competition.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 06:12:41 pm by rscanderlech »

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #420 on: December 22, 2013, 06:03:14 pm »
Fair critisism? Like he's an awful defender? Not true at all. He's a decent defender who lacks concentration at times, same with Agger, but that tattoo on his knuckles seems to make him immune from critisism....
Stop shoehorning your dislike for Agger into every thread please. In fact you'd do well to keep your head down, your similarity in style to a previous banned user is remarkable.

Offline houkura

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #421 on: December 22, 2013, 06:09:26 pm »
GJ is recovering from a high ankle strain. Not easy to play with that receding injury. He still hasn't been that bad just stands out because everyone else is doing so well. He was imperious against Fulham at Anfield linking with Jordan. Not a better player to replace him with at the moment. Brendan knows what he's doing-he's playing his best available right back and playing him back into form and fitness. Should start firing on all cylinders in the next game (I hope)!
"Good to be here, good to be anywhere."  --Keith Richards

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #422 on: December 22, 2013, 06:10:27 pm »
GJ is recovering from a high ankle strain. Not easy to play with that receding injury. He still hasn't been that bad just stands out because everyone else is doing so well.
How dare you post these pesky facts in amongst all of the blind fury and expert slagging off. Don't you know this is a Glen Johnson thread?

Offline BUSHMILLS

• PEBBLEHOUSE. Your auntie's agent provocateur.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never ask what's under his patio
« Reply #423 on: December 22, 2013, 06:13:15 pm »
GJ is recovering from a high ankle strain. Not easy to play with that receding injury. He still hasn't been that bad just stands out because everyone else is doing so well.

Is colour blindness a side effect of ankle strain? That might explain why he keeps giving the ball to players in different shirts.

Offline Spraynard Kruger

• Wholeheartedly supports the cause but would stay seated in a walk-out protest cos, you know, it's so expensive to get to the game, so doesn't wholeheartedly support after all and misses the point completely. All in one sentence. Wow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: December 22, 2013, 06:13:30 pm »
He's not Glen Johnson. He's just Cooper from now on.
"Sometimes you have to just chill out, look at the Everton fans and let them realise what time it is." - Daniel Sturridge

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #425 on: December 22, 2013, 06:24:01 pm »
As good as Johnson can be (and make no mistake he can be very, very good) on his day, those days are just too few and far between now. Even when he was playing well at the start of the season his game was somewhat limited and he was making questionable (to put it kindly) decisions in the final third. He'll pop up with the odd awesome assist or cross and people somehow suddenly think he's the best in the league again but in reality he's not consistent enough for this current team. His (apparent) complete inability to stop crosses from coming into the box has cost us a number of goals this season.

When was the last time he played well for more than a few weeks? His current dip in form is one thing but he's barely even putting in the effort anymore, which is frustrating. Being completely shown up by a 20-year old in terms of commitment and form. He's one of our most senior players, and one of the highest earners at the club, and for £100k+ a week you really need to be at the very least decent on your off-days and brilliant on your good ones.

I'd be stunned if Johnson got a new contract anywhere near as lucrative as his current one (based on FSG's policies about replacing overpaid, underperforming, older players) and so I don't think it would be terribly surprising to see him sold this summer. I'm not sure Kelly is the answer, or Flanagan for as well as he's done these past few weeks. Both have a role to play here, but I think we probably need two new full-backs, depending on whether or not Enrique can sort his head out.

Offline dmorgan

• Started well, turned out a bit meh.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Going, Going....gone.
« Reply #426 on: December 22, 2013, 06:25:15 pm »
I just have a feeling he is gonna have a stormer for us against City on Boxing Day

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: December 22, 2013, 06:32:19 pm »
I just have a feeling he is gonna have a stormer for us against City on Boxing Day

Let's hope so. Would be a great little period for him to rediscover his form.

Offline Bird Bird Bird The Bird Is The Word

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brace for Impact
« Reply #428 on: December 23, 2013, 12:01:29 am »
GJ is recovering from a high ankle strain. Not easy to play with that receding injury. He still hasn't been that bad just stands out because everyone else is doing so well. He was imperious against Fulham at Anfield linking with Jordan. Not a better player to replace him with at the moment. Brendan knows what he's doing-he's playing his best available right back and playing him back into form and fitness. Should start firing on all cylinders in the next game (I hope)!

I said earlier in the read that I wouldn't be surprised if he was carrying an injury but is there anything confirming this?

Offline swordfishtrombone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #429 on: December 23, 2013, 12:40:30 am »
If ever we needed proof that Garth Crooks is brainless, Glen has just made his BBC Team of the Week.

Offline Jules01

• Legacy Fan
  • Infamy,infamy,they've all got it in for me.
« Reply #430 on: December 23, 2013, 01:05:11 am »
If ever we needed proof that Garth Crooks is brainless, Glen has just made his BBC Team of the Week.
he really is clueless.coleman was much better for the right back spot and a goal too.

Offline iRed

• Kopite
« Reply #431 on: December 23, 2013, 01:08:44 am »
Glen does this every season.  He'll enter this 6-8 week rut where he seems a step slow and every other thing he does is questionable.

Not too fussed, as he always emerges from these slumps a better player.  We just need a little patience is all.  It'll be fine.

And remember: a shaky Glen Johnson is much better than no Glen Johnson. 

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #432 on: December 23, 2013, 05:20:42 am »
Glen does this every season.  He'll enter this 6-8 week rut where he seems a step slow and every other thing he does is questionable.

Not too fussed, as he always emerges from these slumps a better player.  We just need a little patience is all.  It'll be fine.

And remember: a shaky Glen Johnson is much better than no Glen Johnson.

This 'slump' has been going on from January. He was poor Feb onwards last season barring a few decent games. Started decently this year but he's been shocking for a month now.

And right now, if Enrique were fit, I'd be much more comfortable with Flanagan at RB and Enrique on the left going into the City and Chelsea games. At least they're arsed enough to track back if they lose the ball attempting a ridiculous move high up the pitch.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #433 on: December 23, 2013, 04:20:59 pm »
he really is clueless.coleman was much better for the right back spot and a goal too.

He was in at left back! :D
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Rotation

• fuck u. Rory's biggest fan.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pepe Reina is a Scouser...
« Reply #434 on: December 23, 2013, 04:24:26 pm »
Was in Garth Crooks team of the week :lmao
ynwa

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #435 on: December 23, 2013, 04:49:25 pm »
What do any of us know compared to Garth Crooks anyway?

On a serious note, he's 29, on 100k a week and his contract runs out in a year and a half. Needs to get his act together. We haven't got a full-back like him no, so we do lack something when he doesn't play, but that's something we'll go into the next couple of transfer windows with in mind.

Wisdom is doing really well at Derby so Glen being offered a 1 year extension seems the most sensible thing to me, as opposed to getting someone else in when we might already have a replacement. Might depend on whether Glen thinks he can get a better deal elsewhere, I find it hard to imagine  that, if we offered him a take it or leave it contract tomorrow, the terms would be even close to what he's on at the moment.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 04:54:37 pm by The Little Drummer Boy »

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #436 on: December 23, 2013, 07:23:21 pm »
What do any of us know compared to Garth Crooks anyway?

On a serious note, he's 29, on 100k a week and his contract runs out in a year and a half. Needs to get his act together. We haven't got a full-back like him no, so we do lack something when he doesn't play, but that's something we'll go into the next couple of transfer windows with in mind.

Wisdom is doing really well at Derby so Glen being offered a 1 year extension seems the most sensible thing to me, as opposed to getting someone else in when we might already have a replacement. Might depend on whether Glen thinks he can get a better deal elsewhere, I find it hard to imagine  that, if we offered him a take it or leave it contract tomorrow, the terms would be even close to what he's on at the moment.

Look at things this way, if we let him go, who will be in for him? None of the top 5/6, that's for sure. Southampton? Everton? No and no. That says a lot IMO. He'll probably end up at West Ham , and on half the wages he's on right now. Its astounding that he's on 100 k a week given Carragher was on less and the likes of Allen, Henderson and Lucas are on about half that.

He's really not that great IMO, our fullback positions are our weakest and I'm 100% certain we'll buy 2 new fullbacks next summer. Its the one area where Rodgers hasn't made purchases in and we'll be spending some dosh to rectify our quality there.

What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #437 on: December 23, 2013, 07:30:21 pm »
Johnson has been in a slump since February?! Bull fucking shit!

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #438 on: December 23, 2013, 10:22:30 pm »
Johnson has been in a slump since February?! Bull fucking shit!

What is your assessment?
Ludi Circenses!

Offline swordfishtrombone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #439 on: December 23, 2013, 10:25:20 pm »
Has he got 6 months or 18 months remaining on his contract? I can't imagine there's any chance we'll be negotiating a new contract if he's got as much as 18 months left.