Author Topic: Glen McLeod Cooper Johnson  (Read 68540 times)

Offline McMahon

• mrrrnnggghh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Glen Johnson
« Reply #240 on: December 1, 2013, 10:23:50 pm »
Switch him to the left, the change may do him good, Flanno can play on his natural position. Makes the team stronger. Funny isn't it when Glen was out injured we experienced his worth.

Offline Sh0rty

• Kopite
« Reply #241 on: December 1, 2013, 10:41:15 pm »
No knee jerk reaction here its been coming for a while he is on the same wage as probably the whole back four at southampton I hope his contract isnt renewed

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #242 on: December 1, 2013, 10:44:22 pm »
No knee jerk reaction here its been coming for a while he is on the same wage as probably the whole back four at southampton I hope his contract isnt renewed
It doesn;t have to be knee jerk to be silly you know.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #243 on: December 1, 2013, 10:46:07 pm »

Well it lasts for another eighteen months so hopefully he plays a bit better for us between now and then.

Offline BUSHMILLS

• PEBBLEHOUSE. Your auntie's agent provocateur.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never ask what's under his patio
« Reply #244 on: December 1, 2013, 10:51:38 pm »
It doesn;t have to be knee jerk to be silly you know.

But you won't have a word said against him. Which, given his last two abject performances, really is silly.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #245 on: December 1, 2013, 10:54:00 pm »
But you won't have a word said against him. Which, given his last two abject performances, really is silly.

Yeah that's right, I won't have a word said against him. You can honestly post that when this thread has remained open since the game despite him getting pelters?
He was poor today.
Oh hang on, I won't have a word said against him, I can't say that.

Offline TheDarkKnight

• Anny Roader
  • Brendan Rodgers' Tricky Reds
« Reply #246 on: December 1, 2013, 11:06:02 pm »
It's obvious why everyone gets frustrated by him when he goes on these bad runs of form, and that is because we all know how good he can be. Whereas with someone like Flanagan, we know he is limited so as long as he puts in a good shift we praise him. Johnson, however, didn't put in a shift today. He was hopeless, he didn't offer much going forward and jogged back when he was caught up the pitch. Compare that with someone like Nathaniel Clyne who busts a gut every time, and it's frustrating, because we know that if Johnson applied himself with the right attitude to every game then we would be doing better, as he has more talent than most fullbacks. He is such an important part of how we play when we do well and he does well, but when he's bad he is truly bad. Doesn't do middle ground our Glen.

I wouldn't drop him, simply due to the lack of options, unless McLaughlin does enough to warrant a place against Norwich. What Rodgers should be doing him is motivating him, getting more out of him than today. The guy is on £100k a week in a position where few players get 1/4 that wage.

I'd also be expecting better of him simply because it's realistically his last World Cup chance on the horizon, and that should definitely act as motivation for any player. Knowing Hodgson though, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that he's told Glen he's gawanteed to go wegardless of his performances for the west of the season.

Online keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #247 on: December 1, 2013, 11:14:12 pm »
Just so frustrating to see him 'fall apart' in games where we are under the cosh or fall behind. It seemed like he didn't want the ball today and every time it came to him he just panicked and gave it away. Yet when we're winning or playing at Anfield he'll be one of the best players on the pitch. Does his confidence just simply faulter on away days? You could count on one hand how many bad games Johnson has had at Anfield (if any!) whereas away from home he's very inconsistent.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline Pinky_Bieber

• shit fan whose IQ is unlikely to be exceeding 59
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: December 1, 2013, 11:17:59 pm »
Lacks the heart to be a top player. Would take a Steve finan over GJ every day

or Arbeloa, who was always solid...no messi-esque days, no shite days...just solid days
YNWA

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: December 1, 2013, 11:43:43 pm »
or Arbeloa, who was always solid...no messi-esque days, no shite days...just solid days

Dunno, for me Glen on a good day is massive for the team. We need what he brings attack-wise. Generally he's been good in my opinion. Today he was simply absent altho' physically he appeared on the pitch. He was a non-factor in the game going forward and we missed his thrust and ability to panic other teams. Steady is not good enough for us I think. I look forward to the round table view of him today. Maybe there were problems for him because Hendo, his usual wingman, was not around. Certainly he did not click with either Sterling or Moses. I have a feeling this might have had something to do with his anonymity, but I am probably wrong.....

Offline MobileBayRed

• Kopite
« Reply #250 on: December 2, 2013, 12:42:21 am »
Switch him to the left, the change may do him good, Flanno can play on his natural position. Makes the team stronger. Funny isn't it when Glen was out injured we experienced his worth.

I was actually thinking this at halftime today. 

The bigger picture is how scary it is that we have Johnson, a not fully fit Kelly, an out of favor Cissoko and Flanagan as our only FB options.  And of those choices, only Johnson when he is on form adds anything to the team going forward.
just can't confirm that delivery address and consequently gets non stop pelters off PayPal.

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: December 2, 2013, 01:10:19 am »
How many long balls did he attempt yesterday? Perhaps someone will shoot me down with the stats, but I seem to recall it was many, as if he had read the chapter entitled 'Lob it to Suarez' in Jose Enrique's How to Lose Possession in Four Seconds, moments before kick off.

Maybe he thought he had to do something instead of rolling it around the back like the rest of our defence and midfield, but it just seemed lazy.
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: December 2, 2013, 08:04:55 am »
Isn't anybody working with him in training?
Talking to him, advising him?

Looks lost lately and that's strange considering he's a seasoned pro that's been at the club for years.

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: December 2, 2013, 09:37:44 am »
Last few games he's looked shit.  Need him back to full confidence as he can provide us with attacking options down the right.

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: December 2, 2013, 10:10:24 am »
How many long balls did he attempt yesterday? Perhaps someone will shoot me down with the stats, but I seem to recall it was many, as if he had read the chapter entitled 'Lob it to Suarez' in Jose Enrique's How to Lose Possession in Four Seconds, moments before kick off.

Maybe he thought he had to do something instead of rolling it around the back like the rest of our defence and midfield, but it just seemed lazy.

Might be a confidence thing but it seemed everytime he got the ball in space he either misplaced the simple 10 yard pass or got his pitching wedge out and launched it high and handsome, the latter being his favoured method of ball charity.

For a seasoned pro these basic mistakes and glaring inconsistencies shouldn't still be plaguing his game at 29. I sincerely hope we don't cave in and give him a big fat retirement plan contract.
« Last Edit: December 2, 2013, 10:13:21 am by Bunter »

Offline Dree

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: December 2, 2013, 10:23:18 am »
Blocked me on twitter for criticizing him, sell the bastard.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #256 on: December 2, 2013, 10:24:45 am »
Maybe you should reconsider having a go at players on twitter?

Offline Dree

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: December 2, 2013, 10:29:38 am »
Maybe you should reconsider having a go at players on twitter?

I wasn't exactly rude, told him to focus, at least he read it. I prefer it to just slagging off players on here which is a waste of time (nothing towards you just general).

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #258 on: December 2, 2013, 01:10:24 pm »
I wasn't exactly rude, told him to focus, at least he read it. I prefer it to just slagging off players on here which is a waste of time (nothing towards you just general).
OK - never really understood the point myself (he'll have people at the club giving professional advice after all) but if you weren't confrontational I guess no harm done and he probably shouldn't have blocked you.

Offline ocecynwa

• Kopite
« Reply #259 on: December 2, 2013, 02:12:24 pm »
Looked like he couldn't be arsed yesterday, maybe the club asking him to take a pay cut did that? On his day there's not many better but games like yesterday must drive BR mad.
Remember when we used to sing "we've got the best midfield in the world'? Not so much anymore.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #260 on: December 2, 2013, 02:28:22 pm »
Maybe there's more to the Montoya talk than him just coming in to strengthen our left back options, could Glen be on his way out due to wage demands for a player that's starting to get on a bit? Putting in half arsed performances like he has been is only going lead to questions being asked.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #261 on: December 8, 2013, 06:14:55 pm »
Well he was better yesterday. Not great, but a pretty big improvement from the primadonna half arsed attitude he had against Hull. Long way to go to the form he had pre January this year.

What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: December 8, 2013, 06:23:02 pm »
Well done to him for getting the captaincy yesterday after Gerrard went off.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: December 8, 2013, 07:14:33 pm »
Well he was better yesterday. Not great, but a pretty big improvement from the primadonna half arsed attitude he had against Hull. Long way to go to the form he had pre January this year.
He was good in the 2nd half. I thought we were missing width from both full backs in the first.

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: December 8, 2013, 11:48:23 pm »
I thought he was poor against Hull and poor yesterday until he provided the assist for Suarez. Indeed, he hasn't got going this season at all really. Last year, I thought only Suarez was better.

Needs to get that form back with all these question marks currently hanging over whether he should get a new deal.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: December 9, 2013, 09:22:35 am »
He's a good player, important to our style of play and capable of brilliance. He's also thick headed at times, in all phases of the game and I think he's in a position where his position is a luxury one in terms of transfers, in that we aren't going out to look for a top right back.

I hope he finds some consistency over the next month, we need him on best form.

Offline stanleylhs

• Anny Roader
  • Oh Sami Sami!
« Reply #266 on: December 9, 2013, 09:56:22 am »

Glen McLeod Cooper Johnson said: "It was a proud moment. It's a fantastic football club and I've been around for a while now with the team. It was unfortunate circumstances - no-one wanted to see Stevie go off - but I was more than proud to be able to wear the armband."

I thought it would be given to Lucas, surprised to see Glen McLeod Cooper Johnson getting it!

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #267 on: December 9, 2013, 10:14:25 am »

Glen McLeod Cooper Johnson said: "It was a proud moment. It's a fantastic football club and I've been around for a while now with the team. It was unfortunate circumstances - no-one wanted to see Stevie go off - but I was more than proud to be able to wear the armband."

I thought it would be given to Lucas, surprised to see Glen McLeod Cooper Johnson getting it!

Johnson McLeod of the clan McLeod and he is immortal.

Offline LFCTikiTaka

• Bedwetter
  • Kopite
« Reply #268 on: December 14, 2013, 04:04:37 pm »
SSN interview with Glen McLeod Cooper Johnson

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/bsGZdudaQko&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/bsGZdudaQko&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 04:08:03 pm by LFCTikiTaka »

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #269 on: December 14, 2013, 04:09:34 pm »
That cross against West Ham at 2-1 for Suarez's goal shows the quality we get from Johnson. His quality is so obvious in games where we need to break teams down at home, less so in games against big teams.

Offline LeoMessi

• More Beverley than Barcelona
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #270 on: December 14, 2013, 05:15:46 pm »
SSN interview with Glen McLeod Cooper Johnson

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/bsGZdudaQko&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/bsGZdudaQko&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

Really like Glen, talks well and you can tell hes a very knowledgable person. Hope we tie him down on a new contract asap
FCB|LFC

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #271 on: December 14, 2013, 10:50:24 pm »
we need a big game from glen aswell tommorow

Offline N0rnIr0nRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Glen McLeod Cooper Johnson
« Reply #272 on: December 14, 2013, 11:19:38 pm »
He fucking wins the competition for the best middle names.

Mcleod Cooper.

Nailed it Glen.
"I usually have a second pair of glasses but I can't find them because it's hard to find glasses without glasses!" Jürgen Klopp

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: December 14, 2013, 11:38:04 pm »
He kept that quiet... ;D

87:13

« Reply #274 on: December 14, 2013, 11:38:47 pm »
Blocked me on twitter for criticizing him, sell the bastard.
I doubt he needs to hear that shit from you

Offline liverpoolfan1

• Kopite
« Reply #275 on: December 16, 2013, 02:33:53 am »
Was poor yesterday and has been for a while. Getting sick of him giving the ball away cheaply and I can't remember how many times Chadli got past him with ease to put a cross in. He really needs to up his game otherwise I can see Kelly replacing him at RB.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are."

Bill Shankly

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #276 on: December 16, 2013, 02:39:30 am »
Decent game from him. He was probably our only decent performer out there though. Everyone else was varying between good and outstanding.

He just makes such fundamental errors in his defending sometimes.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: December 16, 2013, 02:41:24 am »
Struggled against Chadli at times, but hard to fault him much when he's been part of a side that's won 5-0 away to Spurs!

Offline The Gigi

• Legacy Fan
  • Where once we watched the King Kenny play
« Reply #278 on: December 16, 2013, 03:03:42 am »
That's the only player on the pitch today that was having an average game in my opinion. He gave the ball away cheaply at times and the few dangerous Spurs attacks came on his side and he didn't manage to deal with crosses again.

It seems a bit harsh to moan about his performance after a 5-0 win, but I think he has been poor in recent games. Let's hope he can go back to being good quickly.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #279 on: December 16, 2013, 03:05:32 am »
I do feel like he needs to up his game. I don't know if lack of competition is a factor, but he hasn't been that good this season.