Author Topic: Liverpool v Swansea 12:30pm 21|01|17 Premier League.  (Read 16533 times)

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool v Swansea 12:30pm 21|01|17 Premier League.
« Reply #80 on: January 20, 2017, 02:23:20 pm »
So let's get Can to the bench and drop Lallana into midfield with Henderson and Wij. Front three of coutinho Firmino and Sturridge/origi

---- very little interest in this game?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 03:55:12 pm by newterp »

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: January 20, 2017, 04:10:46 pm »
So let's get Can to the bench and drop Lallana into midfield with Henderson and Wij. Front three of coutinho Firmino and Sturridge/origi

This does seem pretty obvious to me. Against the better teams I understand the addition of Can, but Lallana was outstanding in midfield earlier in the year.
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #82 on: January 20, 2017, 04:35:48 pm »
I have a feeling that everyone's head will go if we do not score in the first 30 min.

Our team is full of headless chickens anyway so I don't think that will affect us.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #83 on: January 20, 2017, 04:53:36 pm »
I 'm involved with a Swan Food project, but for this game, I want the Liverbird to be a raptor, the sort that is caught on film giving its prey a mauling, where the BBC receives thousands of complaints about the film crew not stepping in and preventing the taking apart of the wounded bird. I want the camera to pan to a welsh kid crying in the visitors end. Five hours of trepidation to get to ours, five hours of misery in the car on the way back.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Online S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #84 on: January 20, 2017, 05:08:04 pm »
I 'm involved with a Swan Food project, but for this game, I want the Liverbird to be a raptor, the sort that is caught on film giving its prey a mauling, where the BBC receives thousands of complaints about the film crew not stepping in and preventing the taking apart of the wounded bird. I want the camera to pan to a welsh kid crying in the visitors end. Five hours of trepidation to get to ours, five hours of misery in the car on the way back.
...or a comfortable 2-0.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #85 on: January 20, 2017, 05:16:49 pm »
Let's get our best side out and blow these out of the Fucking water.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: January 20, 2017, 06:14:33 pm »
win win win

Bread and butter this game

These games are exactly that if we have any ambition of winning the title. You can afford a slip up or 2 in these sortsituations of fixture but we've had them so this is a must win.

Offline Binomial

• Anny Roader
  • Live Breath and Sleep LFC
« Reply #87 on: January 20, 2017, 06:33:44 pm »
Hammer a nail through my hand but I actually see Wednesday as a bigger game than tomorrow.

We need to win by 2 clear goals, nothing beats a trip to wembley.
"He's leaving because he's Guardiola's favourite. If it's anyone's fault, it's mine. I can't make myself shorter and learn Spanish." - Klopp on Gotze to Bayern

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #88 on: January 20, 2017, 06:48:32 pm »
nothing beats a trip to wembley.

Not even making a good fist of winning the league? Because that's how important our league games could be for us this season mate.

Offline TrueNorthRED

• Kopite
« Reply #89 on: January 20, 2017, 06:54:32 pm »
Let's win all the things!!!!!!
"He plays as any supporter would if they were born with such demonic talent."

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: January 20, 2017, 07:08:18 pm »
Not even making a good fist of winning the league? Because that's how important our league games could be for us this season mate.

No chance. Give me a chance of winning a trophey.

Going to be a shit game tomorrow, just hope we win.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Online exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #91 on: January 20, 2017, 09:30:07 pm »
Need to get back to putting teams to the sword, seems a while since we smashed 4 in.  So I'll go for 4-1 redmen.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: January 20, 2017, 09:32:47 pm »
Matip has been cleared, he has been training so could feature tomorrow. ;D

Offline DHKopper

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #93 on: January 20, 2017, 10:29:56 pm »
Matip has been cleared, he has been training so could feature tomorrow. ;D

Hope so.  I've missed his smooth defending.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: January 20, 2017, 10:47:22 pm »
This does seem pretty obvious to me. Against the better teams I understand the addition of Can, but Lallana was outstanding in midfield earlier in the year.

Diamond midfield and it's a possibility.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Online Gerry83

• Meff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Used to be Jeff, too much crystal
« Reply #95 on: January 20, 2017, 11:00:53 pm »
Lot of people saying this is a banker but has a slight banana skin feel to me {(ever the pessimist) although we should be beating them with our aspirations and talent. I'd say 3-1 to us but id expect them to camped in their own half for majority of the game and make it frustrating. Theyve made a few signings, potential new manager bounce (alright it didnt happen last game) and are the sort of team that we either demolish or struggle against... hoping its the former.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: January 20, 2017, 11:27:06 pm »
Lot of people saying this is a banker but has a slight banana skin feel to me {(ever the pessimist) although we should be beating them with our aspirations and talent. I'd say 3-1 to us but id expect them to camped in their own half for majority of the game and make it frustrating. Theyve made a few signings, potential new manager bounce (alright it didnt happen last game) and are the sort of team that we either demolish or struggle against... hoping its the former.

I like it, you've got all the bases covered.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: January 20, 2017, 11:55:20 pm »
We can start our first team bar Mané for the first time in what seems like ages. Vital that Lallana plays in the Lallana position.

I'd be quite up for seeing a youngster on the right of the front three. Whether it's Ojo, Wilson, Woodburn or even TAA, I'd be really happy. Think we could do with a bit of youthful enthusiasm and simplicity, not to mention energy. Origi looks shattered. Suppose Sturridge is most likely to start though.

If we shoehorn our 4 centre midfielders in for some reason, I'd prefer we tried Wijnaldum further forwards and leave Lallana where he belongs

Offline jTorresLFC

• Boys Pen
« Reply #98 on: January 21, 2017, 12:20:06 am »
I'll take a win no matter the score as my birthday gift

Offline -Daws-

• Legacy Fan
  • No longer a teenage Rafa, still no goatee.
« Reply #99 on: January 21, 2017, 12:29:54 am »
I like it, you've got all the bases covered.

Ha! You kinda have to do that with us though, it's been the same for many years now. We take more than our fair share of points off the top teams, then when we play sides we should beat either batter them senseless or we drop points. Happened under Ged, Rafa, Kenny, Rodgers and now Klopp. Hopefully Klopp is the one to minimise them the most and win enough to get get us over the title line at some point in his rein and I have great confidence he will, maybe even this season.

Not sure who will start up front. I hope it's Phil from the left, Bobby central and Sturridge from the right. If Swansea have any sense they will camp in their 18 and play narrow. Any side that has got points off us this season has had to do this and I think Swansea will follow suit (you can't blame them, a 0-0 at Anfield for them would be a lovely bonus to their survival fight). Assuming they do this Dan is our best bet allowing Lallana to drop back into his playmaker role through the middle. Gini box to box with Hendo sweeping up and the rest of the side picks itself.

Great to have Matip avaliable, even though it can only be described as fucking bullshit that we had to keep him at home during the week, this is a nice game for him to come back into. One at home where we will dominate, he can find his feet for this important and tough run of fixtures thereafter.

Missing the game myself due to personal footballing responsibilities, so I'm gunna plump for a 5-0 tonking because I won't be about to see it.

It's hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: January 21, 2017, 12:34:36 am »
We need some goals tomorrow. Need to brush a few cobwebs away. Should be no issues in the middle for once, so Lallana Gini and Henderson... Coutinho and Firmino up front... someone wide. Ojo would be the fun choice - not because it's Swansea (or at least not totally), but because he looked quite bright in his cameo the other day. Maybe another entry from the bench for him. Not sure who'd be best.

In a sense there should be no fear as we simply need to win. You can't draw here and beat Chelsea... and you can't beat Swansea and then draw to Chelsea. You have to beat Chelsea too. And there's a game in midweek which you all have to win too... so that's 3 homes games that you have to win. Simple.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #101 on: January 21, 2017, 12:39:14 am »
A few shouts for Ojo to start on the right hand side however that does not seem to be his preferred position.

Being left footed I think he is better on the left hand side, so bearing that in mind I think Danny starting on the right and interchanging with Bobby makes more sense.

Offline Qcase1977

• Kopite
« Reply #102 on: January 21, 2017, 12:40:58 am »
I will accept any fugly win.

Any megafuglyugly win

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: January 21, 2017, 12:49:17 am »
A few shouts for Ojo to start on the right hand side however that does not seem to be his preferred position.

Being left footed I think he is better on the left hand side, so bearing that in mind I think Danny starting on the right and interchanging with Bobby makes more sense.

So you're suggesting Ojo from the right hand side wouldn't be ideal as he's left footed, then suggest left footed Sturridge. Cool

Online mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: January 21, 2017, 12:58:02 am »
So you're suggesting Ojo from the right hand side wouldn't be ideal as he's left footed, then suggest left footed Sturridge. Cool

While I don't like the idea of Sturridge playing RW, I do get what he's saying. Ojo has played LW since he was in the under-18's, he's had some great performances in that position. There's also the fact that he's a winger. Sturridge on the other hand is a striker who would no doubt prefer to cut in and shoot on his left (should be play in that position). Not sure why Coutinho isn't being mentioned though?

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #105 on: January 21, 2017, 01:06:01 am »

Nah mate more down to the fact that Danny is a seasoned pro in the PL, whereas Ojo shouldn't be shoehorned into a position that he does not normally play and doesn't need the extra pressure of playing on the wrong side.

Studge is a experienced International and should be able to cope better.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: January 21, 2017, 01:17:43 am »

If you mean due to low thread post count don't let that make you form an opinion. People are extremely interested even though we must account for it being against a less exciting side. But due to recent performances there's probably a bit of trepidation which unfortunately dilutes FUCKING COME ON spirit. That together with it being 'another' game means there's less anticipation and hype for the next -imo.

I can't wait to be there tomorrow, we haven't started well in most of our early kick-offs this season (as far as I know) but I expect a decent support and a comfortable win for the Reds.

Offline merseymack

• Kopite
« Reply #107 on: January 21, 2017, 01:49:54 am »
Pass better than we have done in the last few and we'll dick them. I should be a pundit to be fair.

Offline Marty McFly

• He is not a number, he's a free man now
  • Legacy Fan
  • Has been busy in parallel dimensions and shit.
« Reply #108 on: January 21, 2017, 02:54:43 am »
Matip eligible to play after FIFA confirmation . So I'm hoping to see:

Coutinho - Firmino - Origi
Lallana - Henderson - Wijnaldum
Milner - Lovren - Matip - Clyne
Mignolet

...assuming Clyne is fit, otherwise TAA.

Come on the Reds! Winning this would set us up perfectly for Chelsea at Anfield.

Just win.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #109 on: January 21, 2017, 03:32:28 am »
4 games at home in a row now. Need to win them all starting tomorrow.

Got a sneaky suspicion Sturridge might start.
YWNA

Offline vallapureddy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: January 21, 2017, 04:44:49 am »
Matip eligible to play after FIFA confirmation . So I'm hoping to see:

Coutinho - Firmino - Origi
Lallana - Henderson - Wijnaldum
Milner - Lovren - Matip - Clyne
Mignolet

...assuming Clyne is fit, otherwise TAA.

Come on the Reds! Winning this would set us up perfectly for Chelsea at Anfield.

Just win.

Either Origi or Sturridge or else all the others are picking themselves up for slots.

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #111 on: January 21, 2017, 06:07:36 am »
4 games at home in a row now. Need to win them all starting tomorrow.

Got a sneaky suspicion Sturridge might start.

Yup. Think Sturridge will start, too. Nervous about this one. Swansea always seem to give us a close game and I feel as though this one won't be any different.

Think there will be a few goals in this one.

Offline Tobez

• Kopite
  • We all Live r pool
« Reply #112 on: January 21, 2017, 08:28:42 am »
Weirdly enough this stumble in form (such as it is) hasn't come at the worst time. The games against Plymouth were always likely to be a bit experimental and the game against Southampton is effectively only at half time, and it's true that having those cup games has meant that our league form hasn't been too badly affected. We were beginning to show some signs of life against United, and with Henderson, Coutinho and Matip all back then you'd imagine our best team will start to play together again and we'll see an upturn in performances and results.

I'd go with the following team:

Mignolet; Clyne, Matip, Lovren, Milner; Henderson, Lallana, Wijnaldum; Origi, Firmino, Coutinho.

I think that Can might have to drop to the bench as he's looked leggy in recent games whilst our midfield is immeasurably better with Lallana and Wijnaldum in it. Aside from that the only real question to my mind is the choice between Origi and Sturridge. I genuinely think that Sturridge has lost so much pace that he is having real trouble being effective in games - he seems like he doesn't trust himself to open up and is playing within himself a lot more. It's a real shame, and I wonder if we'll ever see him back to his best, or if we'll have to wait for him to readjust his game to start seeing him scoring goals. In the meantime, I'd suggest it's more useful to have Origi's pace and power for an hour and then bring him on when defences are tired, rather than have him try to deal with long balls or balls in behind, neither on of which plays to his strengths at the moment.

It'd be good to see the likes of Woodburn and Ojo get a run out, as both of those players look to have a very bright future.

Offline stuartheal

• Kopite
« Reply #113 on: January 21, 2017, 08:52:46 am »
Usually hate this phrase but I'm going to make an exception today....

This is a must win game!

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: January 21, 2017, 08:54:58 am »
While I don't like the idea of Sturridge playing RW, I do get what he's saying. Ojo has played LW since he was in the under-18's, he's had some great performances in that position. There's also the fact that he's a winger. Sturridge on the other hand is a striker who would no doubt prefer to cut in and shoot on his left (should be play in that position). Not sure why Coutinho isn't being mentioned though?
Nah mate more down to the fact that Danny is a seasoned pro in the PL, whereas Ojo shouldn't be shoehorned into a position that he does not normally play and doesn't need the extra pressure of playing on the wrong side.

Studge is a experienced International and should be able to cope better.

Ojo has played on the right plenty before, it's not shoehorning. Including for the first team. In fact he scored by coming inside on his left foot at anfield last year

Offline Robert_B

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: January 21, 2017, 09:13:14 am »

This is a must win game!

I agree. We need to get a bit of momentum back after a few difficult weeks.

I'm confident we will win, hopefully it will be a comfortable win and put a bit of pressure on those around us playing later.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #116 on: January 21, 2017, 09:17:22 am »
Can't afford to drop any points today and hull away, with arse, Chelsea an tott on the horizon!

We need a comfortable win

Offline codswallop

• Kemlynite
« Reply #117 on: January 21, 2017, 09:25:41 am »
I'll go for front 3 of Coutinho,Sturridge and Firmino.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: January 21, 2017, 09:30:12 am »

This is a must win game!

All games are now coming into this bracket if we've aspirations of winning the league. We absolutely must win our next 3-4 games for the league. For finishing 2nd, 3rd, or 4th, it's not so vital.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #119 on: January 21, 2017, 09:37:25 am »
I don't care how we win we just need 3 points. Nice to play first with the opportunity to get 3 on the board then let other results roll in.

Hope we can do it and the lads don't take Swansea for granted. Need a big performance from team and the crowd. If your lucky enough to get to the game just get behind the team
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981