Author Topic: Documentary: Hillsborough: Smears, Survivors & The Search For Truth, 12th Dec  (Read 32682 times)

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
Re: Documentary: Hillsborough: Smears, Survivors & The Search For Truth, 12th Dec
« Reply #160 on: December 12, 2016, 11:35:53 pm »
Never knew the match Refs statement was changed
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Documentary: Hillsborough: Smears, Survivors & The Search For Truth, 12th Dec
« Reply #161 on: December 12, 2016, 11:38:49 pm »
Sickening.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: December 12, 2016, 11:39:24 pm »
Thank you to everyone involved in making that.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #163 on: December 12, 2016, 11:39:27 pm »
So sad :(

Those poor people.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline plasterered

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a....
« Reply #164 on: December 12, 2016, 11:39:39 pm »

only heard that yesterday myself.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #165 on: December 12, 2016, 11:41:04 pm »
Crying...
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Dam Sodd

• Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #166 on: December 12, 2016, 11:41:18 pm »

for the IPCC to make out 'mixed' to 'pissed' is an innocent typo???
Cool down and play

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: December 12, 2016, 11:41:19 pm »
Still quite difficult to get your head round the sheer scale of the cover up.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #168 on: December 12, 2016, 11:42:00 pm »
You have to wonder how far beyond Hillsborough this goes as well. When their first response to tragedy was to cover their own arses what else have they covered up? The only reason we have got so far with Hillsborough is because of the dedicated campaign behind it - what may have happened in other instances of police misconduct where the victims didn't have the goodwill and financial support of millions of people? It doesn't even bear thinking about.

Yep, it does make any sane person wonder about the sheer scale of the cover ups, and the consequent questions that pose themselves about the likelihood of Hillsborough being the tip of a horribly big iceberg.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline koppper

• Berrg
  • Kopite
  • My hovercraft is full of eels
« Reply #169 on: December 12, 2016, 11:42:05 pm »
Just leaves me with tears in my eyes shaking my head.  JFT96
My postillion has been struck by lightning

I am the berrgman

Online Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #170 on: December 12, 2016, 11:42:30 pm »
Still quite difficult to get your head round the sheer scale of the cover up.
Oh you were actually watching?  You were posting on other threads while it was on.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Online Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #171 on: December 12, 2016, 11:43:28 pm »
That was a very hard watch.

Shaking and tearful after that.

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #172 on: December 12, 2016, 11:43:38 pm »
Crying...

It's strange which bits set you off with these things. I was feeling mostly anger for the majority of it but the bit that properly choked me up was simply seeing the name of one of the victims on a tribute underneath the Hillsborough memorial at Anfield with 'unlawfully killed' written underneath.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #173 on: December 12, 2016, 11:43:56 pm »
Further disgrace for South Yorkshire and West Midlands police forces. The evidence keeps on mounting up.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: December 12, 2016, 11:44:05 pm »
Thank you to everyone involved in making that.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline rich87

• Justice for the 96
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: December 12, 2016, 11:44:06 pm »
You have to wonder how far beyond Hillsborough this goes as well. When their first response to tragedy was to cover their own arses what else have they covered up? The only reason we have got so far with Hillsborough is because of the dedicated campaign behind it - what may have happened in other instances of police misconduct where the victims didn't have the goodwill and financial support of millions of people? It doesn't even bear thinking about.

I think we can see that by the likes of the grooming and child molesting cases coming about now. There is so much that has been allowed to be hidden for so long, both in football, Hillsborough, Orgreave, Saville and more.

Unfortunately the one thing that stands out for me is the IPCC who are supposed to be investigating this matter NOW - are suggesting the Ref's statement was a typo, they didn't feel that Cherry needed to be cross examined over her statement, or further statement on social media, and are still finding excuses. They also didn't want this programme aired.

This is more than a drastic failure by a single police force in this country. This was a national cover up that there still trying to cover up now.

Nothings changed. We want the truth and transparency, and they're desperate to continue hiding it.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 11:47:39 pm by Just Rich will do please »

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #176 on: December 12, 2016, 11:44:13 pm »
They really will stop at nothing to hide the truth from us. Welled up, disgusted - just, it gets WORSE, doesn't it?

YNWA the 96.

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: December 12, 2016, 11:44:14 pm »
c*nts, all of them

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: December 12, 2016, 11:44:26 pm »
Oh you were actually watching?  You were posting on other threads while it was on.

Yes I was watching. Yes I did post on the Brexit thread which was a silly thing for me to do and I can only apologise.

Online mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #179 on: December 12, 2016, 11:45:14 pm »
Heartbreaking.  :(

Powerful, and very, very unsettling. No real surprise at the depths to which certain people/organisations would sink to though.

A lot of questions still to be answered in the coming years.

Well done to all those who contributed to/made the film and especially to all the survivors who featured in it.

Brilliant research and journalism.
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Online Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #180 on: December 12, 2016, 11:47:22 pm »

Unfortunately the one thing that stands out for me is the IPCC who are supposed to be investigating this matter NOW - are suggesting the Ref's statement was a typo, and are still finding excuses. They also didn't want this programme aired.

A type is a miss-spelling or maybe transposed letters - not a completely different word.

Can't believe they said that.  It's also very worrying.

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #181 on: December 12, 2016, 11:47:24 pm »
The scale of the cover up and the acquiescence of much of the press and Politicians in it all and for so long is really quite frightening.

I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline rich87

• Justice for the 96
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: December 12, 2016, 11:48:59 pm »
Just seems to me, the ones that are investigating this cover up, are trying to find more ways to cover it up.

I can only thank the people involved in this who are desperartely trying to get the truth

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: December 12, 2016, 11:51:13 pm »
As has been alluded to already, just a damn shame some of the 'people' involved are no longer around to face the music. They've pretty much gotten away with it. Does the sight of Stefan Popper make any one else want to vomit? Just looks like a sleazy bastard
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Tsar Kastik

• Would welcome a premature one, apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: December 12, 2016, 11:51:39 pm »
the ipcc calling that a typo has me very concerned.
Plenty well, no pray; big bellyache, heap God

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #185 on: December 12, 2016, 11:52:02 pm »
"It goes right to the core of your identity, of who you are as a person.  If your most significant experience - your most significant memory - is invalidated by someone, and that's not believe by the world, then you have to fight for that - for that to be corrected - otherwise you don't really exist as a person".

Beautiful, eloquent, and heartbreaking from survivor Peter Rankin.

Offline plasterered

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a....
« Reply #186 on: December 12, 2016, 11:52:33 pm »
I still cant beleive, still. No matter how many yrs or how many documantaries news etc I still cant beleive what they did, the levels the extremes they went to. For some to save their own skins but for others simpy it seems to toe the party line and dish out spite for no reasoning.
I dont think I will ever stopped being shocked at the actions of SYP the govt the press and how worrying it is that the investigating external body WMP just simply jumped in line and followed the same agenda. really worrying. sickening.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #187 on: December 12, 2016, 11:54:01 pm »
Not watching it. Can't watch this sort of thing on a work night as I'll be angered and won't kip all night. I'll tape it and watch it at the weekend when I can be more composed and let my ire have its space. 

Exactly.

To me it's a watch when Iam bevvied of a weekend job.

He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #188 on: December 12, 2016, 11:54:03 pm »
Credit to the researchers, Mr Marshall and all the team for making that.

It was an eye opener to say the least.

I'm amazed!

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #189 on: December 12, 2016, 11:54:58 pm »
Incredible work finding all the extra evidence that tells us so much more, nothing but respect. well done.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline rich87

• Justice for the 96
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: December 12, 2016, 11:55:27 pm »
the ipcc calling that a typo has me very concerned.

I just hope the press call them out on this, and I hope they get absolutely slaughted for it, which might make them realise we aint going away until they bring true justice to all, not just 1 or 2.

Every policeman conducting those interviews, every police officer that helped to cover up the truth, every officer that changed statements, all the MPS, Richards, and everyone that helped spread the lies, all of them need to be brought to justice, until then, I wont lie down, and I hope nobody else does.

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #191 on: December 12, 2016, 11:55:38 pm »
That Dave Richards is a bastard of the highest oreder there has to be a campaign to get this evil twat fucked off the FA council,if MPs have voted to try and get Philip Green stripped of his knighthood this weasel has to lose his poxy title too the fucking scumbag.
Kenny Godglish

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: December 12, 2016, 11:59:57 pm »
Just seems to me, the ones that are investigating this cover up, are trying to find more ways to cover it up.

I can only thank the people involved in this who are desperartely trying to get the truth

The scale of the cover up means there are still many people in prominent positions to this day, be it in the media, government and even the FA and Premier League. Its still a case of the system trying to protect itself. Or should that be the abusers of the system.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 12:03:23 am by killer_heels »

Online campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: December 13, 2016, 12:00:00 am »
Wanted to put my foot through the tv when it showed that c*nt Sumner say he still believes Liverpool fans weren't innocent. You absolute scumbag bastard.

Offline plasterered

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a....
« Reply #194 on: December 13, 2016, 12:01:01 am »
I just hope the press call them out on this, and I hope they get absolutely slaughted for it, which might make them realise we aint going away until they bring true justice to all, not just 1 or 2.

Every policeman conducting those interviews, every police officer that helped to cover up the truth, every officer that changed statements, all the MPS, Richards, and everyone that helped spread the lies, all of them need to be brought to justice, until then, I wont lie down, and I hope nobody else does.

It just shows that even now it cant be left to trust to complete the process. constant scrutiny/coverage of every move will be needed. worryingly.

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #195 on: December 13, 2016, 12:04:20 am »
The culture of cover up in British society is depressing.
Kenny Godglish

Offline plasterered

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a....
« Reply #196 on: December 13, 2016, 12:04:48 am »
Incredible work finding all the extra evidence that tells us so much more, nothing but respect. well done.

seconded.

Its the people who have themselves had to fight this all the way that get my respect the families/survivors the likes of Phil Scraton what a huge effort for decades. Just immense

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: December 13, 2016, 12:05:43 am »
The scale of the cover up and the acquiescence of much of the press and Politicians in it all and for so long is really quite frightening.

We've probably just learnt less than 1% of it in that programme mate.

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #198 on: December 13, 2016, 12:10:55 am »
Tenacious Kennedy is a true hero.
Kenny Godglish

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy