Author Topic: 2012/13 UEFA Champions League Final - Bayern München 2-1 Borussia Dortmund  (Read 591977 times)

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Lets all pray to god we don't get a Barcelona vs Madrid final. I don't hate either of the teams or anything but does anyone really want to see that game again, with all the stupid circus we get with it?
I want a Barca v Dortmund because I'd be interested to see how their styles matched up. However I think it'll be Barca or Bayern v Real Madrid.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
Any final match up will be amazing, I don't actually care who wins in any game, woah.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Agree but it´s pretty likely to happen again.

You would think so. Dortmund seem a good team but in these competitions and this stage experience counts for far more than the ability to turn it on, so you would think Madrid would go through that.

Bayern vs Barcelona will be tighter though because although Bayern Munich do have alot of hype around them and experience of throwing it away last year, they are at the end of the day Bayern Munich, a huge club with tonnes of experience of winning things, so its not a Dortmund situation.

Offline Po The Panda

• Keyboard Narcoleptic. Has Christiano Ronaldo as his profile picture. Stuck with this name. You could call it his legacy.....wants to pop a caps lock in yo ass.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Real Username: LEGACY
12th consecutive tie for Barca with the 2nd leg at home shocker.........

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
Bayern have also probably been the strongest team around this season. I think they actually might be slight favourites to beat Barca but it's very even.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Also, Man Utd will be crying a little bit more now, seeing that now in hindsight they would have avoided Bayern and Barcelona in order to reach the final of the champions league. They would have beaten both Galatassary and Dortmund in my opinion.

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible

Seriously people need to either explain how UEFA pulls it off or not claim something's up. We all saw horseface pick the balls out at random, why the fuck would he be on it? It is partly why they get guests to do it so people don't make silly claims.

Online PhiLFC#1

• The Messiah! He rawks amongst us
  • Legacy Fan
Lets all pray to god we don't get a Barcelona vs Madrid final. I don't hate either of the teams or anything but does anyone really want to see that game again, with all the stupid circus we get with it?

I think it'd be different if it was a CL final, it would be pretty awesome to see, just as long as Barca win

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

Is it? They played Shakhtar Donetsk away in the second leg of the quarter final in 2011. Since then, they've had 6 knockout ties (not including the final for obvious reasons), the upcoming Bayern Munich match will be their 7th. And bear in mind that in two of those ties, they'd be guaranteed to be at home in the second leg given they finished top of their group.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 01:04:57 pm by Hazell »
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Stevie93

• Legacy Fan
Let anyone win but Madrid. Please.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
You would think so. Dortmund seem a good team but in these competitions and this stage experience counts for far more than the ability to turn it on, so you would think Madrid would go through that.

Bayern vs Barcelona will be tighter though because although Bayern Munich do have alot of hype around them and experience of throwing it away last year, they are at the end of the day Bayern Munich, a huge club with tonnes of experience of winning things, so its not a Dortmund situation.

I agree. The problem I see with Bayern and the core of their international german players is though that they haven´t beaten one of the top teams by being the better team so far. It´s kind uf stuck in their heads, similar to the english when it comes to penalties. As much as they where the better team against Juve is wasn´t THAT easy as it looked overall. Their biggest asset could be Heynckes and Sammer in all this.

You could say the same for Barca, that they had problems so far but I can see them doing it the same way as the Spanish at the euros, showing up and giving everything when it counts.

I think it will be Barca vs Madrid with Madrid winning it this time. And then Mourinho will even more unbearable he already is..
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline Mercer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Barcelona V Munich is going to be fun to watch.

Was hoping it was going to be the final.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
Bayern should be favourites for that tie; I can understand why they're not but there are massive problems with this year's Barcelona and Bayern will expose them

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
Wanted Dortmund vs Barcelona but maybe reserved for the final?  Although I think the Evil One will make it to Wembley now.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
Bayern should be favourites for that tie; I can understand why they're not but there are massive problems with this year's Barcelona and Bayern will expose them

I fancy Bayern quite strongly. Barca are limping along by their standards.

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE

I would say so but Bayern put in an utterly pathetic performance for the 2nd leg against Arsenal.  I actually couldn't believe they took such an approach to the game, even though the tie was all but won.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
Please, for the love of God, don't let ot be a Barca Madrid final.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Port_vale_lad

• Legacy Fan
Fancy madrid to win their tie,can't call the Barca/Bayern tie that could go either way

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
I would say so but Bayern put in an utterly pathetic performance for the 2nd leg against Arsenal.  I actually couldn't believe they took such an approach to the game, even though the tie was all but won.

So? They went through didn't they
Look Barca can obviously beat anyone in the world but they have become frighteningly over reliant on Messi's production and - far more worryingly - they're a total shambles at the back. Personally I'd make Real or Bayern favourites against them

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Anyone but Mourinho far as I'm concerned. Especially if he's going to return to England to manage next season.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
You know I always forget Sahin played for us this season. Never given a fair chance
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline ElCapo

• Legacy Fan
  • Bayern Munich - Mia San Mia
really hope Bayern can get Mandzukic' card rescinded and have him available. he's very very important for their pressing game.

it's a joke he is suspended of the semis because of THIS. fuck off Chiellini. reminds me of Muller's suspension for WC semis.

Mandzukic would be a huge loss.  He's so much more important that Mario Gomez.

I was so fckn pissed when this happened.  Giorgio Chiellini was rolling on the ground, acting like his leg was broken.  The diving, cheating, ugly cnut.

Offline muyuu

• Google Groomer. reddit remain campaigner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Rafa - fact
Barcelona - Bayern should be a cracker.

I think Real will have a walk in the park to the final though.
"Chelsea have confirmed that their interim fans will leave the club when Roman Abramovich does"
-sinnermichael

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=303961.msg11432382#msg11432382

Offline NOTBORNIN1982

• and neither is he the best poster on here, not even close in fact. Maybe the 1982nd.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand

I think Real will have a walk in the park to the final though.

To be fair, they were lucky to get a point against Dortmund in the league phase. Outplayed twice.
"How much do you smoke, sir? Two packs a day, is that right? Pussy. I go through two lighters a day. That's right, two lighters! You're a health nut compared to me."

Offline RedInside

• Legacy Fan
To be fair, they were lucky to get a point against Dortmund in the league phase. Outplayed twice.
I expect madrid to be up for it now tho. They hit much better form, and Dortmund hasn't been great in the league and vs Malaga lately. Think Mourinho will pull it off now, now that it really matters.

Offline NOTBORNIN1982

• and neither is he the best poster on here, not even close in fact. Maybe the 1982nd.
  • Legacy Fan
I expect madrid to be up for it now tho. They hit much better form, and Dortmund hasn't been great in the league and vs Malaga lately. Think Mourinho will pull it off now, now that it really matters.

Maybe. If Dortmund play at their best they could cause an upset. I think it’ll be tight, far from a walk in the park.
"How much do you smoke, sir? Two packs a day, is that right? Pussy. I go through two lighters a day. That's right, two lighters! You're a health nut compared to me."

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
really hope Bayern can get Mandzukic' card rescinded and have him available. he's very very important for their pressing game.

it's a joke he is suspended of the semis because of THIS. fuck off Chiellini. reminds me of Muller's suspension for WC semis.
Hope they rescind it meself. Chiellini's carry on over the two legs with Mandzukic was some ugly shit

Offline NOTBORNIN1982

• Legacy Fan
Hope they rescind it meself. Chiellini's carry on over the two legs with Mandzukic was some ugly shit

Shite like this can really turn you off a player. I used to LOVE Rivaldo and then he acted the twat at the world cup and got that lad sent off.

Offline Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
I'm surprised by the number of people who think Madrid will walk over Dortmund. Sure, Madrid are the clear favourites, I think everyone would agree, but Dortmund will pose them lots of problems - as they did in the group phase.

Klopp has already said that the second leg against Malaga was their worst performance of the Champions League, so you would assume they'll be better against Madrid. Plus they have Hummels back, which is absolutely crucial. I've only seen Santana 5 or 6 times, and to be fair to him, he looks a capable enough defender, but he's nowhere near the footballer Hummels is. The reason Malaga were able to keep their shape and shut out Dortmund's midfield the other night was largely because Santana was so slow in circulating the ball. He didn't look comfortable attacking the massive space Malaga were leaving, and he didn't seem to have the quality to play penetrating balls into Gundogan or Bender either. Hummels coming back in will benefit Subotic and the two full backs too. Subotic has been playing alongside Hummels for years now, so they both know each others games.

Madrid look good on the break with Ronaldo of course, and if he is on it, then it's going to be very tough for Dortmund. Still... Arbeloa is suspended for the first leg, which means either Ramos to right back and Pepe into centre back, or Essien at right back. Arbeloa isn't the kind of players who's going to hurt Dortmund, but he's steady as fuck, and I'm sure Reus will fancy his chances against Essien. Ramos is less of an issue, but just taking him out of the middle will be a boost for Dortmund. It all depends on the first leg. If Dortmund can win or even get a low scoring draw, then they can go to Madrid with confidence.

Bayern vs Barca is a mouthwatering one, but I kinda wish they had been kept apart. That would have been a worthy final. I think the key to this game is whether or not Puyol can be back for the first leg. If Barca can get their regular back four, plus the usual midfield three and then Messi, Villa, and Pedro, then they're in with a shout. It all depends on which Barca turns up. If it's the one that played against PSG, then they will lose. If it's the Barca that turned up vs Milan, then they will win. I don't care how good Bayern are, if Barca play anything like they did against Milan, they'll progress. If Bayern take a substantial lead to the Camp Nou, then I don't think Barca will have enough. If it's a draw, anyone can win.

If I was predicting a final, I'd go for Dortmund vs Bayern.
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Barcelona get the away tie at home AGAIN.

that's like 80% of knock out ties they've had at home since Pep took over 5 years ago.

That definitely sounds dodgy, getting to play their away tie at home. :P

Couldn't fail to get a good draw but still, looks really exciting. Who do people want in the final? Not a fan of same country finals ideally. So Barca v Dortmund would be good. Although any combination will be interesting I would rather not have abort El Classico, will end up being ultra niggly.

Wanted a Barca v Bayern final but now I'd like to see Barca v Dortmund. Can't be doing with yet another Barca v Madrid game. Sneaky feeling it might be Bayern v Madrid though.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline exino

• tic tac toe
  • Kopite
  • Youth coach. Total football proponent. JFT96.
Dortmund took four points off Real Madrid in the group stage. Admittedly, two legged games are different affairs and Real Madrid look better now than they did a few months ago but still, they've proved this season they can do it against them. I reckon it'll be very tight and very evenly matched.
Indeed. Dortmund are definitely the underdog but I think in the two group stage meetings they proved they can handle Real's lightning quick counter attacks, which is what undoes most of the teams they play against.

One thing I was very impressed by was how well Dortmund dealt with Xabi. He essentially runs Real's midfield, perhaps even more so for them than he did for us. But Dortmund always had someone pressing him, usually Gundogan or Bender, & subsequently he didn't get as many chances to launch those precise incisive counter-attacks he's so good brilliant at. I don't want to predict anything but IMO I believe Dortmund have a good chance at beating Madrid again, even with their improved form.

I'm surprised by the number of people who think Madrid will walk over Dortmund. Sure, Madrid are the clear favourites, I think everyone would agree, but Dortmund will pose them lots of problems - as they did in the group phase.

Klopp has already said that the second leg against Malaga was their worst performance of the Champions League, so you would assume they'll be better against Madrid. Plus they have Hummels back, which is absolutely crucial. I've only seen Santana 5 or 6 times, and to be fair to him, he looks a capable enough defender, but he's nowhere near the footballer Hummels is. The reason Malaga were able to keep their shape and shut out Dortmund's midfield the other night was largely because Santana was so slow in circulating the ball. He didn't look comfortable attacking the massive space Malaga were leaving, and he didn't seem to have the quality to play penetrating balls into Gundogan or Bender either. Hummels coming back in will benefit Subotic and the two full backs too. Subotic has been playing alongside Hummels for years now, so they both know each others games.

Madrid look good on the break with Ronaldo of course, and if he is on it, then it's going to be very tough for Dortmund. Still... Arbeloa is suspended for the first leg, which means either Ramos to right back and Pepe into centre back, or Essien at right back. Arbeloa isn't the kind of players who's going to hurt Dortmund, but he's steady as fuck, and I'm sure Reus will fancy his chances against Essien. Ramos is less of an issue, but just taking him out of the middle will be a boost for Dortmund. It all depends on the first leg. If Dortmund can win or even get a low scoring draw, then they can go to Madrid with confidence.

Bayern vs Barca is a mouthwatering one, but I kinda wish they had been kept apart. That would have been a worthy final. I think the key to this game is whether or not Puyol can be back for the first leg. If Barca can get their regular back four, plus the usual midfield three and then Messi, Villa, and Pedro, then they're in with a shout. It all depends on which Barca turns up. If it's the one that played against PSG, then they will lose. If it's the Barca that turned up vs Milan, then they will win. I don't care how good Bayern are, if Barca play anything like they did against Milan, they'll progress. If Bayern take a substantial lead to the Camp Nou, then I don't think Barca will have enough. If it's a draw, anyone can win.

If I was predicting a final, I'd go for Dortmund vs Bayern.
You make some very good points. Especially about Hummels. Also as you say it will be very difficult for Dortmund if Ronaldo is on his game at the Bernabeu. If Dortmund can go to Madrid with a decent advantage, at least 2 goals, then I believe they have a very good chance of getting to the final.

Barca v Bayern will probably be amazing as everyone is saying. Out of curiosity though does anyone here remember the thrashing Bayern received at the hands of Barca a few years back when Van Gaal Klinsmann was still manager? It's quite true that Bayern have improved alot since that meeting, so I hope this will be nothing like that. Perhaps Bayern will even have a little bit of revenge on their minds?

This season is looking alot better than last at least! Were not likely to see any parking the bus or sitting deep shite tactics used in the final whoever goes through!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 05:10:11 pm by exino »
"Football is a simple game, yet it is difficult to play simple football."- Johan Cruyff

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
I hope Barca win the competition.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
discussing whose going to win still?

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
Also, Man Utd will be crying a little bit more now, seeing that now in hindsight they would have avoided Bayern and Barcelona in order to reach the final of the champions league. They would have beaten both Galatassary and Dortmund in my opinion.

Galatasaray for sure. Think Gundogan would destroy their midfield. Would have been a tasty clash that.

Excellent draw. Can't wait for the matches.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline ElCapo

• Legacy Fan
  • Bayern Munich - Mia San Mia

Yeah, but they would have still been beaten in the final

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
C'mon you germans! make me proud and kick the spanish out!

Offline exino

• tic tac toe
  • Kopite
  • Youth coach. Total football proponent. JFT96.
That'll be a great final.
I want a Barca v Dortmund because I'd be interested to see how their styles matched up. However I think it'll be Barca or Bayern v Real Madrid.
Would love to see the tactical battle between Barca & Dortmund! Lets hope its happens!
"Football is a simple game, yet it is difficult to play simple football."- Johan Cruyff

Offline BvB09

• Kopite
  • Wer wird deutscher Meister? - BvB Borussia!
Will be very difficult to get past Real. Wouldn't have been easier against Bayern or Barca though, so I'm kinda happy with the draw. Probably our last two CL-games this season but I'm sure we'll give them a run for their money.

Bayern - Barca is a great tie as well. Couldn't tell who's gonna make it to final, probably the two best teams in Europe right now.
BvB - LFC - CFC  You'll never walk alone

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
Underwhelmed. Bayern and Barcelona are the two best teams in Europe. I really wanted that as a final.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline myliverbird

• Legacy Fan
  • Claiming the Liverbird since 1986
Barca v Dortmund final, Die Borussen to win it.
"Im leaning. This is where I lean"