Author Topic: Spyin' Kop, Liverpool v Norwich Jan 19th 3pm  (Read 6359 times)

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
Spyin' Kop, Liverpool v Norwich Jan 19th 3pm
« on: January 4, 2013, 02:18:26 pm »
v

Anfield, January 19th, 3pm
Spyin' Kop

Our games in the last couple of seasons against Norwich have been hit and miss. Away, we've looked outstanding, and Little Luis II has filled his boots. Our game at Carrow Road this year was probably my favourite away trip - a good atmosphere, a great result, and the immense satisfaction when Suarez, having missed a decent chanced and been barracked by the home fans, proceeded to rob the ball off the NCFC defender from the resulting goal kick and curl it effortlessly into the bottom corner. Frenzy ensued.

At home though, we looked out of sorts last season in a dispiriting 1 - 1 draw. Norwich worked hard and got their reward while we missed a number of chances (who'da thunk it).

Ahead of our forthcoming game at Anfield, I popped over to "The Pink'un" to get the views of a few Canaries on the game, and their views on our respective seasons so far...

1) Norwich were one of last seasons' success stories. How has this season been shaping up so far, and what are your opinions on Lambert and Hughton?

AJ: Hughton's approach is far different to Lambert who was a lot more gung-ho. Under Lambert it felt like we were playing on edge, a championship squad playing out of their skins for survival - but we finished 12th as a reward for that. This season feels a lot more comfortable. Hughton's signings have made us a lot more stable at the back, with Bassong, Turner and Tettey forming the spine of our squad. I definitely think Hughton was the right appointment, and in many ways Lambert leaving a good thing - I feel if we get back to being consistent after our losses over the Christmas period - we could well finish 12th or higher this season in an arguably tighter league this year.

Javier's Deaf Translator: Lambert did great for us, and will always be remembered. But he and his tactics have been figured out (look at villa.) Hughton coming in has probably been a key factor with us now and will be a key factor for our promising future.

Nexus_Canary: Started quite badly but I think we can all see what the club is capable of. Hughton is shaping up to be potentially better for the club than Lambert and emotions aside, a logical progression for the club. Any Norwich fan would be lying if they said they were not gutted Lambert went to Villa and are anti Villa more in regards to thier fans singing "Only one Paul Lambert" when he was still our boss. That said, we move on and now if given the choice I would honestly say Hughton.

2) What are your expectations for this season, and have they changed from day one?

AJ: Kind of what I outlined above, anything that provides us with Premiership safety is the ultimate target for a club of our stature at the moment but I think at this stage we are well positioned to do so. At times it does feel like we should be looking up rather than down when you can go on a run of 10 games and beat the likes of Man Utd and Arsenal on home soil relatively comfortably, but a run of four losses is definitely a reality check. Saying that, I'd be disappointed to not finish around 12th again.

Javier's Deaf Translator: Mid table. Beginning of the season, having a new manager and all. I expected between 17-13.

Nexus_Canary: Stay up, Finish above Villa , Swansea and QPR ! Thus far 3/4 not looking bad. I think many Norwich fans are still hopefull of a better finish than last year but we need to start winning again. Loss to Wet Spam was a little disapointing but the end of a tight run of games so forgiveable !

Pablofarmer: In reality they aim is to survive, but would love to be tops ten, have to say I am surprised that you are one of our main competition for that area.

3) Who do you think is your most important player(s)?

AJ: Ruddy, Bassong, Tettey and Holt. The absolute spine of our team. When one is missing we miss them badly. Saying that, our squad is full of evens, and everyone can put in a good performance. That's the really good thing about Hughton's squad, there's no real bad links (aside of Ruddy's injury)

Javier's Deaf Translator: The spine of our team. Bassong tettey hoolahan and Holt. What Holt is currently lacking in goals he makes up for in defensive work rate. We will be a different team compared to our last two meetings with bassong and tettey in the squad.

Nexus_Canary: Grant Holt, John Ruddy. Holt is our talisman and we seem to give 10% extra. In the same way Liverpool react to having Stevie G on the field we react when Holty is up and about ! John Ruddy, Englands #2 and at the rate of Joe Hart's form, Englands #1. Probably the best shot stopper in the Premier league.

Pablofarmer: Holt is key for us, always has been. However this year Tettey and Johnson are crucial in our defence and attack.

4) And your worst player(s)?

AJ: See my answer above, although I think we need to strengthen in places. Morison is very hit and miss, and we don't know a lot about Kane's ability as of yet.

Javier's Deaf Translator: Probably lappin and Martin. Both of whom are out on loan. The least good players for lack of a better word within the club for me are Jackson and Tierney.

Nexus_Canary: Steve Morison. Real Marmite player for us who is getting a lot of flack for his lack of work rate.

5) I attended the game at Anfield last year where you claimed a well-earned point, but I was also lucky enough to visit Carrow Road this season for our win. Do you have a particular memory of any previous meeting between our clubs?  Say something that happened to you that day or a decision you disagreed with?

AJ: Whenever I've seen Norwich play Liverpool in person, we've lost!

Javier's Deaf Translator: I hate the class Suarez has shown v us at FCR. That enough?

Nexus_Canary: LOL I actually gave my dad's season ticket to a mate as a Wedding present. He is a Irish Liverpool fan so told him best behaviour in the Home section. He had a great game and even joined in with the Norwich chants. Post game we left the ground in a sea of Yellow and Green only to bump into a really drunk scouser. He lent into my mate ( who is not a small lad ) and said " Eye, that Suarez loves scoring against you'se" my mate started laughing and said " What, on the training ground ? Tw@t !" The poor Liverpool fan picked on the only other Red for as far as the eye could see !! Had us in fits of laughter as the poor chap wondered what had just happened.

Mr Angry: Jeremy Goss' goal at Anfield in the last game before the Kop terraces were dismantled.

Marvin the martian: I remember us winning 2-1 at Anfield, Martin O Neill scored a 30 yarder near the end. I think Lawrenson scored an og too…

6) Any young up and coming players in the squad that we might not know about?

AJ: None which will probably play on the day! We've got a few loaned out, but whether they'll ever come good is a different matter.

Javier's Deaf Translator: Ryan Bennett and butterfield are two youngsters the club are developing to eventually become top first team players and will be one day part of the spine of the club. However unless there are injuries both are unlikely to feature.

Nexus_Canary: Given your youth record, no none they are all * stay away  !! Korey Smith has potential. And a pair of brothers in the U18's

7) What sort of line-up will be put out against us?

AJ: Probably the tried and tested diamond which has worked so well this season. That said, if we make a few decent signings that could change - we do need a plan B at times.

Javier's Deaf Translator: 4-2-3-1. Defensive line up. With the aim of retaining possession and passing to open up Liverpool.

Nexus_Canary: The normal Chris Hughton away set up I expect, looking to counter attack. We will probably try to bleed a point out of you.

8) Where do you expect Norwich and Liverpool to finish in the Premier League?

AJ: I think Liverpool and Norwich will finish strong midtable, but I think it depends on January signings too. You are dearly missing a partner for Suarez - find the right one and I think you could well be finishing in the top 8.

Javier's Deaf Translator: Norwich 12-9, Liverpool 11-7

Nexus_Canary: I expect we will finish somewhere around 14-16th. Now Sturidge has joined Liverpool I'd say 6th or 7th.

9) Which Liverpool player will you fear the most?

AJ: Suarez without a doubt, hopefully he won't get another hattrick against us...

Javier's Deaf Translator: Begins with s and ends in racist. Kidding. Sort of. But Suarez is oozing class right now and I'm hopeful of selfish sturridge ruining it for our match.

Pablofarmer: Suarez is developing a nasty habit of scoring against us, but if we can control midfield think we could stop his supply.

10) Care to predict the score?

AJ: Liverpool for some reason seem to be our Achilles heel, apart from last year at Anfield we always seem to struggle against you. If we get out of this losing streak, we could well snatch a draw but I feel we'll probably lose 2-1.

Javier's Deaf Translator: 1-1

Nexus_Canary: Nope, last time I predicted a score I said 4-1 Norwich and on that day it ended 7-1 Colchester. So , never again will I predict a score !
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 12:37:30 pm by Hinesy »

Offline archie

• bald. Our man in Moscow. And a bloody decent chap. MIA, last seen babysitting.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • you're due a duechers
Re: Spyin' Kop, Liverpool v Norwich Jan 19th 3pm [Draft]
« Reply #1 on: January 4, 2013, 03:24:15 pm »
Marvin the martian: I remember us winning 2-1 at Anfield, Martin O Neill scored a 30 yarder near the end. I think Lawrenson scored an og too…

Offline archie

• bald. Our man in Moscow. And a bloody decent chap. MIA, last seen babysitting.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • you're due a duechers
Re: Spyin' Kop, Liverpool v Norwich Jan 19th 3pm [Draft]
« Reply #2 on: January 4, 2013, 05:19:12 pm »
...?

Nowt mate, that response just works on so many levels it gave me a laugh.

I almost wish it were possible now.

Good stuff btw and very prompt!

Offline c0burn

• Kopite
  • The King
Re: Spyin' Kop, Liverpool v Norwich Jan 19th 3pm
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 12:42:18 pm »
Good read and nice lads, thanks for taking the time.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 01:01:45 pm »
Thanks.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 01:02:29 pm »
Always love reading these, thanks for taking the time to write it up.

Offline gorgepir

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 01:07:19 pm »
Good job and nice read. Nice blokes. Would be hilarious if Luis had another hat trick!

Offline RedMichelFerri

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone - Liverpool till I die
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2013, 01:09:59 pm »
Look decent bunch unlike other clubs. Nice read keep it up.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.”

- Rafa Benitez : RIP Ray.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2013, 01:18:56 pm »
Cheers. A very good read.

Offline Vintage Nerd

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2013, 01:22:44 pm »
Seem like decent fans them, makes a change from the sly digs that usual get thrown in. Cheers.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."

Hunter S. Thompso
n

Offline Snusmumriken

• Kopite
  • Don't believe everything you think
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2013, 01:26:55 pm »
Good read, as many has already stated, seems like decent people. Can't get the picture of the Norwich fans mocking Suarez for his miss right before he makes them choke on it out of my head tho.
Would it be some kind of record if he'd to score 3 against them on Saturday perhaps? 3 hat tricks against the same team during the course of two seasons?

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2013, 03:03:28 pm »
Cheers for taking to time to write this one up, they seem like a decent bunch.

Lets hope that Suarez continues his habit of scoring against Norwich.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2013, 03:06:03 pm »
Loved this spyin kop

BIG question though... why are they called Pink'uns?
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2013, 04:39:32 pm »
No worries guys, glad you enjoyed.

Offline JohnM

• Mystic tealeaf reader
  • Anny Roader
  • That's how they roll.
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2013, 06:36:34 pm »
Great read as usual.  Lets hope we can get the same scoreas Carrow Rd earlier in the season.  I hope BR plays The SBS.  Suarez BORINI STURRIDGE
JohnM

Do all that is necessary and nothing that is not

Offline xstoofer

• Main Stander
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2013, 07:09:21 pm »

Harinder, they have a football supplement called the "pink un" like our pink.. footy echo
"For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared
to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side."

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2013, 07:52:22 pm »
Cheers for going to the trouble to put this together. Nice to see a bit of humor and no "rage". Still want to tank 'em though.

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2013, 08:32:11 pm »
Great report...... :wellin

And their guys seem decent as well....non of the hatred and shite we normally get from other clubs comments.

Good job they don't know they will be on the recieving end of a 6-0 thrashing ( Suarez & Sturridge hat tricks ;D ;D).
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2013, 10:01:13 pm »
thanks for this.  those lads were sound.  i hope hughton does well with them.

Offline SYLENTm

• ight be a total uppet :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is Anfield!
    • The Liverpool Way / My FM Story (to start soon)
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2013, 10:03:08 pm »
Some sound lads, great read!
Must admint Cesc is a great prospect new him before he went to Arsenal, same with Pique(now at ManU) and Messi also from Barcelona. Watch out for these guys in the future look very good.

Get him in the scouting team ASAP!

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2013, 10:15:33 pm »
Fuck it hurts to see predictions of 6-11th and it not be a piss take.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2013, 11:29:33 pm »

Harinder, they have a football supplement called the "pink un" like our pink.. footy echo

Those crazy kids. Pink in the land of green and yellow!

Thanks for answering mate. It was doing my head in  :)
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline StevenLFC

• Charles Colville. Spyin Kop purveyor extraordinaire. Likes pigeons and buses.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @stehoare
    • The Bib Theorists
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2013, 07:03:28 am »
Good read. Thanks pal.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2013, 01:29:55 pm »
Great stuff JerseyKopite.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2013, 06:03:44 pm »
Good stuff mate, its heartening to see they are on-board with Houghton's 'project', he's a good manager that deserves time & patience.

I have a good feeling about this fixture, I always have against Norwich since I was a kid.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2013, 10:14:42 am »
Good stuff mate, its heartening to see they are on-board with Houghton's 'project', he's a good manager that deserves time & patience.

I have a good feeling about this fixture, I always have against Norwich since I was a kid.

I know what you mean about Norwich. We have a decent record against them, their fans are a nice bunch, the club seems well run, and they're remote enough from Liverpool geographically and in terms of success so as to preclude any sort of rivalry. The away game was a great laugh this year.

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2013, 11:17:52 am »
Seemed a decent bunch those lads.

Thanks for the writeup JerseyKopite!

@Yvanicuzz

Offline SpartanTree. No deccies or lights.

• Legacy Fan
  • This is ANFIELD !!!
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2013, 12:51:10 pm »
Fuck it hurts to see predictions of 6-11th and it not be a piss take.

Know what you mean.

Hopefully, with the arrival of Sturridge and return of Borini we carry more of a goal threat and will be more likely to  kill teams off when we're in the ascendency during games.  We've turned too many victories into draws over the last season or two - including against Norwich last time around at Anfield.

I do expect us to have a better second half of the season but still think we'll finish about 6th.

Thanks for the OP - decent bunch. 
Good to see they're getting behind Hughton who seems to be doing another good job there.

'Siempre es posible' - my eyes have seen the glory...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9OHC7lIfvk4

Physical death I do not fear, death of conscience is a sure death.

royhendo

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2013, 07:57:51 am »
Bump, and thanks! :)

Suarez silencing the boos at Carrow Road remains one the best moments of the season doesn't it? :)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 08:02:19 am by royhendo »

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2013, 09:11:07 am »
Nice one JK. Always interesting to see who the supporters rate in their own team. I'm surprised they all go for Holt - who looks to the casual viewer no better than a donkey - and that only one bloke goes for Hoolihan. You missed a chance to ask about Pacheco though!
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2013, 09:24:32 am »
Maybe it's just me, but I found that quite sad. They seemed like a decent enough bunch, but that's what made it a bit upsetting to me. There was no agenda or hatred. It's just how we're seen by other normal football fans now... a mid-table, ex-big club, with one great player that's a racist. Sad times. But just makes me want Luis to score four.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2013, 10:35:51 am »
I'm hoping AJ has been sorted for a ticket. Thanks JerseyKopite - a good read, but agree with Fats, a bit depressing to find us at this sort of level in the eyes of opposition supporters.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2013, 11:53:20 am »
I always enjoy these Spyin threads, Micheal, even when the oppo fans are pricks. So, it was just, as you say, a bit depressing to see that from what seems like a decent bunch of people. But to be honest, I accept us for what we are, and I have faith in Brendan taking us forward. In fact, I'm hoping this game will be the springboard to a decent finish of our season. If not, so what... we go again. Contrary to belief, LFC was never just about winning trophies.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2013, 11:57:20 am »
If not, so what... we go again.

Is right. :wave