Author Topic: Danny Ings  (Read 336687 times)

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
Danny Ings
« on: August 29, 2015, 08:19:30 pm »
Fisted the Kop and the Kop went, pffffffff

Love his passion, really like his directness and the the whole edge to the lad.

When he ran from the soon to be dunkin doughnuts stand side of the field, glided past two or three west ham players and nearly, nearly, played an ace one-two with Benteke, was for me, the highlight of our attacking intent today....Unless you count Lovren's shot, which I think was our only shot on target?

Ace.

After a season of half-hearted performances, its nice to see a lad who looks like he gives a fuck.

Love people and players with attitude. Can't wait to see more of this lad.

I'd well give this lad 20 at the mancs just for his heart alone.

Kopites are gobshites.

Lets have it right eh!

« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 05:49:42 pm by KLOPPER »
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Danny Ings
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 08:22:05 pm »
From the lower CT I could see his gesture to the Kop, many others would have missed it. From the moment he came on he was trying to raise spirits.

It's a travesty he didn't start today Chops.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2015, 08:27:03 pm »
He's a good lad, he's gotta start against the rags.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2015, 08:30:38 pm »
Don't know abar starting against the mancs, but he at the very least, deserves a 20 minute run at that shower.

He was, for me, the only highlight of a thoroughly awful 97 minutes.

This lad, on only what was a 20 minute or so first time run out, on your debut at Anfield -  to gesture to the Kop like that, to get its arse into gear and get some atmosphere going - well then you're alright by me.

PS: Hands up who groaned when 7 minutes went up and wished it only said 1?............. I digress ;D
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Moaning bed wetter, cry wanks for Torres
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2015, 08:37:58 pm »
From the lower CT I could see his gesture to the Kop, many others would have missed it. From the moment he came on he was trying to raise spirits.

It's a travesty he didn't start today Chops.

Who should he started instead of?
"I was pleased also with Peter Crouch. We have been talking to him, before and after his nose operation, to show more confidence with his heading.

"Now it seems to have worked. Lets say that if he has a few games without scoring again, maybe we should arrange to break his nose again."

Rafa.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2015, 08:39:55 pm »

Can or Milner.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2015, 08:41:03 pm »
Can or Milner.

Easy to say that now. Didn't see many calls for him to start before the game.
"I was pleased also with Peter Crouch. We have been talking to him, before and after his nose operation, to show more confidence with his heading.

"Now it seems to have worked. Lets say that if he has a few games without scoring again, maybe we should arrange to break his nose again."

Rafa.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2015, 08:43:51 pm »

Borini.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2015, 08:44:44 pm »
Look lads, don't get too drawn into this player, that player -  just embrace and celebrate the fact we have a player who looks like he gives a fuck.

I'm sold already. Keep it up Danny lad.

Yes, there will probably poor games, but if he keeps today's level of effort and passion up, he'll be a Kop favourite within no time.

Phil, ye quilt.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2015, 08:56:17 pm »
Look lads, don't get too drawn into this player, that player -  just embrace and celebrate the fact we have a player who looks like he gives a fuck.

I'm sold already. Keep it up Danny lad.

Could be the beginnING(s) of something special alright chief.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2015, 08:58:40 pm »
I remember people on here saying Borini should start after his early substitute appearances last season because of his passion to be fair.

People in this place! :lmao

If you really want to be fair - this place doesn't know fuck all. I judge players on passion and commitment. The technical stuff, I leave to the experts, which is no fucking way in this place.

I see them for 90, maybe 180 minutes a week, at best, do I know what moves and inner game tactics should and shouldn't be happening? Do I fuck. But I know who is trying and who isn't.

And as for Borini, I'd take him above quite a few new players we've gone through over the last 5 years, just for his commitment alone.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2015, 09:01:00 pm »
Pay no need to Mr Morose boss, his custom title says it all.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2015, 09:06:07 pm »
I'm all for Ings as we have 2 goals in 4 games this season, need alternatives.

Offline jfc

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2015, 09:07:13 pm »
I like Ings but i have to say i get sick of this passion thing, people show it in different ways, your telling me that no one else on that pitch cares just because they don't make loads of crowd gestures all the time!!

I hear this quite a lot with players, then all it'll take is a couple of average performances and people will soon forget about the passion side of it.

For the record i like Ings, i think if he's given a chance he'll be a hit as he's good in tight spaces and fairly mobile and intelligent. Hopefully Rodgers can include him against the mancs

Offline jfc

• Kopite
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2015, 10:22:45 pm »
I think people confuse running more with having more passion. I think they just have different playing styles. Shelvey for example, I thought he looked a lazy fucker at times but I also think he wanted to win as much as any one.

exactly, certain players have a languid style whilst others have a burst of pace and more mobility, thus making them more all action type of players who are the only ones out there who care which is not true.

It's like when we had Rafa,  i remember when he first came and pundits  and fans used to say -  why doesn't  he celebrate our goals or show passion on the sidelines?!  just because he wasn't jumping up and down doesn't mean he didn't care , the same goes for the players on the pitch
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 10:25:01 pm by jfc »

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2015, 11:11:47 pm »
Probably man of the match, deffo should start against the mancs with no sturridge or coutinho (and probably Lallana) available, gave them huge problems last season

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2015, 11:14:07 pm »
Lucas or Can mate, easy decision. Lucas' job today was to hold while Can ventured. So if I had to make a choice it would be an undoubtable Can.

What do you think?

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2015, 12:16:22 am »
Lucas or Can mate, easy decision. Lucas' job today was to hold while Can ventured. So if I had to make a choice it would be an undoubtable Can.

What do you think?

Yeah, I can understand that. I was happy at the time that we went with the same team that put in a good performance against Arsenal so I can't really blame Brendan.

I don't know why my posts were deleted by the way. In the above quoted by jfc, I don't think I said anything offensive.

Rafa.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2015, 12:24:25 am »
I don't know why my posts were deleted by the way. In the above quoted by jfc, I don't think I said anything offensive.
Do you mean the irrelevant ones about Shelvey etc ?
In an hour this and yours above will be deleted also mate :) .

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2015, 12:58:17 am »
Do you mean the irrelevant ones about Shelvey etc ?
In an hour this and yours above will be deleted also mate :) .

I don't think it's irrelevant at all. I was trying to make the point that players show passion in different ways as not everyone has the same playing style.

Defending our other players who play/played "half-hearted" if anything.

Rafa.

Offline reds7

• Kopite
  • Walk on Tommo
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2015, 12:58:22 am »
Looked most likely to create something today. Only one who looked like he wanted to get close to benteke!

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2015, 01:23:46 am »
Should have brought him in with Moreno at half time for Can and Gomez ... He is determined to make it here and that itself is a huge positive. The lad can play and knows where the goal is
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2015, 02:23:16 am »
We needed to start this game with him. They were very cleverly doubling up on Benteke with their CB and one of their CMs. Ings would've perhaps kept their CBs somewhat occupied and provided some options with his off the ball movement. That would've either generated a little bit more space for Benteke, or for Firmino and Coutinho to run at the defenders. We also needed much more penetration from Can and Milner. Much of their distribution was slow and ponderous. They weren't looking to get us around the field really quickly which is what you need to do against a side that parks the bus.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2015, 03:03:33 am »
Fisted the Kop and the Kop went, pffffffff

Love his passion, really like his directness and the the whole edge to the lad.

When he ran from the soon to be dunkin doughnuts stand side of the field, glided past two or three west ham players and nearly, nearly, played an ace one-two with Benteke, was for me, the highlight of our attacking intent today....Unless you count Lovren's shot, which I think was our only shot on target?

Ace.

After a season of half-hearted performances, its nice to see a lad who looks like he gives a fuck.

Love people and players with attitude. Can't wait to see more of this lad.

I'd well give this lad 20 at the mancs just for his heart alone.

Kopites are gobshites.

Really like this guy. He tries his heart out and he never stops trying. Exemplary attitude and one with real fight in him.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2015, 12:12:35 pm »
Felt he should have started before the game yesterday and he definitely should have come on at half-time.  I don't know why Rodgers left things as they were for so long but if there was one slight positive to be taken from yesterday then for me it was Danny Ings. 

Agree with everything said in the OP, I love Ings' attitude and desire but he can play as well, give him chances and I really think he'll score goals for us. 

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2015, 12:59:42 pm »
I just feel we need to be playing 4-4-2 diamond, given when Benteke and Sturridge are both fit, they should both be starting alongside one another. Why not allow the players to familiarise themselves with the system now by playing 2 forwards, whether that be Ings or Firminho with Benteke.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2015, 01:20:45 pm »
Should play him on the wing. WingDings.

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2015, 03:07:20 pm »
I just feel we need to be playing 4-4-2 diamond, given when Benteke and Sturridge are both fit, they should both be starting alongside one another. Why not allow the players to familiarise themselves with the system now by playing 2 forwards, whether that be Ings or Firminho with Benteke.

I honestly thought that was the plan, the team virtually picks itself in that formation.

Offline Notfromaroundhere

• Kopite
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2015, 07:11:09 pm »
'Dings' is a Norwegian word for 'thing'. Therefore, I like him. The thing.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2015, 07:23:36 pm »
Fisted to the kop .....the new joey jones

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2015, 07:38:36 pm »
I liked his energy and enthusiasm. He's quicker than I thought too,despite seeing him in pre season, up close he's a pacy player. I don't know if we'll see him play up top too often, might be utilised out wide but he definitely offers pace and spirit which we lacked yesterday and could cause the mancs a few problems, hope so anyway.

Offline Adeel90

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2015, 08:36:44 pm »
Seems like a handy squad player to have as 3rd/4th choice but we need to see more of him. Will be difficult for him to adapt as not being a first choice player with him being the main man at Burnley but I think he has a good mentality.
'Aim for the sky and you will reach the ceiling. Aim for the ceiling and you won't get off the floor.' Bill Shankly

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2015, 01:30:02 am »
Really like this guy. He tries his heart out and he never stops trying. Exemplary attitude and one with real fight in him.

And that's just Chopper on RAWK.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2015, 01:36:45 am »

Same, and if you have Can at the base of the diamond, you can go to three centre-backs almost instantly.

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2015, 01:46:21 am »
The Dinger. Only bright spark for us on the weekend. Loved his attitude.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2015, 02:46:30 am »
And that's just Chopper on RAWK.

:lmao

Hahaha
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2015, 07:15:12 am »
This lad, on only what was a 20 minute or so first time run out, on your debut at Anfield -  to gesture to the Kop like that, to get its arse into gear and get some atmosphere going - well then you're alright by me.

anyone got a gif of that?

i remember shelvey did similar on his debut at anfield in a similarly nightmarish game, and i liked him straight away :)
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2015, 08:22:55 am »
2 up front every game is what I want. When do I want it?

NOW!
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2015, 08:27:08 am »
He is the new "mad" Erik maier

Offline jimbo1962

• Anny Roader
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2015, 09:32:55 am »
and he knows how to make a meal of a tackle...swing ding.