Author Topic: The RAWK Film Thread  (Read 3472342 times)

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Re: The RAWK Film Thread
« Reply #44640 on: February 3, 2017, 04:48:56 pm »
You mean literal, like, vaginas? Yeah, for sure they are.  ;D

Yes literal meaning there... ;D

Offline gerrardsarmy

• Wouldn't say no to a spanking
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44641 on: February 3, 2017, 09:55:04 pm »
Indeed. Musicals are an abomination and an offence to the ears and eyes.
All that mindless grinning and singing instead of talking, uuuurgh.

I haven't seen La La Land as I'd have to be dragged kicking and screaming to the cinema before I exposed myself to such horrors.

Have you seen 'Once'?

If you haven't and you can be bothered (it's only 85 minutes), please watch it. It will change your mind about musicals.
“I always think that there’s something unpleasant lurking in people who avoid drinking, gambling, table-talk and pretty women. People like that are either sick or secretly hate their fellow-men.”

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44642 on: February 3, 2017, 10:11:03 pm »
Passengers.2016.1080p.HC.HDRip.XviD.AC3-EVO
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline newrosswaterford

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #44643 on: February 3, 2017, 11:19:04 pm »
The Big Short.

Enjoyed, Carell and Bale especially. Considering the possible changes trump is looking at a timely viewpoint.

Offline Walshy7

• metete un palo por el culo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Its evolution baby
« Reply #44644 on: February 4, 2017, 01:44:44 am »
Saw Arrival yesterday.

Was a fine film, lads. Nicely shot and highly atmospheric with good music selection, Adams' performance stands out till the very end, connection between the viewer and central character established from the get go. With that said, if the twist itself and the way it was delivered wasn't correctly applied, it would have been a failure. Thankfully it wasn't.

If you expect a strictly sci-fi film, you'll be disappointed. Genre itself a beautiful vehicle for this movie to sends its messages.
I thought it was an absolute snore fest, load of shite.
'You two scousers are always yappin, im gonna teach you some serious rappin, i come from Jamaica my name is john barnes, and when i do my thing the crowd go bananas'

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #44645 on: February 4, 2017, 03:08:43 am »
Quote from: Pistolero on Yesterday at 03:37:03 PM

Edge of Seventeen - an unexpected gem...a moving, very funny, smart, coming of age movie.....a blessed relief from the gross-out tedium that has come to define the genre...Hailee Steinfeld is absolutely terrific and Woody Harrelson, although in a minor role, isn't far behind....loved it...8/10

Glad to hear that, planning to watch it tonight a double bill with lion.

That was a really good double bill the Edge of Seventeen the USA always make a good coming of age movie.

And really enjoyed Lion and I did have something in my eye at the end.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44646 on: February 4, 2017, 10:18:10 am »
Watched Suicide Squad for the first time the other day.

Only reason it's even worth sticking on is Margot Robbies ass which is in near enough every single shot.

What a clusterfuck of a film. Oh and Leto needs putting down for the Joker performance.

Offline MOZ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44647 on: February 4, 2017, 10:55:50 am »
I thought it was an absolute snore fest, load of shite.

Is that an old Barry Norman quote?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #44648 on: February 4, 2017, 11:50:46 am »
Saw "The Trust" last night with the missus.

Well, that's two hours of my life that I won't get back. Decent start. Predictable middle. Interesting march to the conclusion. Then..... Wait? What? Er...

What a waste of time.

1/10
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44649 on: February 4, 2017, 01:31:31 pm »
Enjoyed Passengers.

Don't see how it warrants the 31% on RT. It's got nothing on Interstellar/Sunshine etc but it's a good little popcorn flick.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #44650 on: February 4, 2017, 07:34:50 pm »
I was going to watch The Founder then realised it was about Ray Kroc a c*nt who nicked the McDonald brothers ideal, name and business to make a fortune.

2 descent men fleeced by a carpetbagger.

fuck McDonald's

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #44651 on: February 4, 2017, 09:17:05 pm »
Just watched Passengers wasn't looking forward to it, but I really enjoyed it.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #44652 on: February 4, 2017, 10:51:12 pm »
Thought Lion was really good :)
:D

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #44653 on: February 4, 2017, 10:55:16 pm »
I was going to watch The Founder then realised it was about Ray Kroc a c*nt who nicked the McDonald brothers ideal, name and business to make a fortune.

2 descent men fleeced by a carpetbagger.

fuck McDonald's

It's a bit of a shit story to tell, I watched it without knowing the back-story as it's the first thing I came across whilst hungover.

What a waste of time, it's a competent film but Ray Kroc is a c*nt and he's also the protagonist... you never root for him so it just leaves a sour taste.

Avoid.
:D

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44654 on: February 5, 2017, 12:28:27 am »

Echo that. Thought it was about 10-15mins too long but still recommended.

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #44655 on: February 5, 2017, 01:19:20 am »

Just watched, oh man.... :'(  great acting from the kids.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #44656 on: February 5, 2017, 01:36:12 am »

Only reason it's even worth sticking on is Margot Robbies ass which is in near enough every single shot.

What a clusterfuck of a film. Oh and Leto needs putting down for the Joker performance.

Awful film aint it and apparently there was a shit ton of Joker scenes cut out of the film that Leno was pissed off about. I totally agree, his take on the Joker was terrible.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #44657 on: February 5, 2017, 09:16:55 am »
Awful film aint it and apparently there was a shit ton of Joker scenes cut out of the film that Leno was pissed off about. I totally agree, his take on the Joker was terrible.

I thought it was alright myself.

No worse than these other ton of shite Superhero films that make no sense whatsoever.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44658 on: February 5, 2017, 09:18:54 am »
Saw 'Girl with all the gifts' and thought it was quite ok.
Should have been a bit grimier in execution perhaps, but still ok.

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44659 on: February 5, 2017, 09:34:40 am »
LEGO Batman Movie is an absolute blast. Packed with great jokes, pokes a load of fun at Batman's history and the modern films. It doesnt quite hit the heights of the first LEGO Movie, but its a brilliantly fun film that works so well because it embraces the daftness of the character, and marries it perfectly to the gorgeous stop motion style animation.

Just a massive amount of fun, which I cant say weve had in a Batman (or DC) film for years.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #44660 on: February 5, 2017, 10:45:27 am »
Enjoyed Passengers.

Don't see how it warrants the 31% on RT. It's got nothing on Interstellar/Sunshine etc but it's a good little popcorn flick.

watched it last night ...a thoroughly enjoyable and splendidly entertaining Sci-fi adventure / love story that holds your attention for its entire duration....I never consult Rotten Tomatoes for film reviews ...that dumbass score reminds me why
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #44661 on: February 5, 2017, 10:58:20 am »

Agree, Margot is the only good thing in it.
Leto had loads of scenes cut apparently but not because of his performance.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #44662 on: February 5, 2017, 11:01:20 am »
I know I'm a couple of years late but I watched Spotlight and Whiplash this week for the first time. Two great movies with fine performances all around. Easy to see why they won oscars.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44663 on: February 5, 2017, 11:51:05 am »
Bone Tomahawk....didn't see any love for this in the film thread when it came out-I liked it a lot. I know it was a slow burner but when it turned it up....it really turned it up.

Holy Fuck did it! One of the most brutal scenes I've seen in anything for a long time that! Horrific! :o

Saw that last night. For the most part, it's a well shot slow burner, with great acting (think I'm appreciating Kurt Russell more and more now) and interesting characterisation. Then that last 30-40 minutes it kicks it up to eleven, and that scene - 'brutal' is exactly it, feel sick just thinking about it.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44664 on: February 5, 2017, 12:05:50 pm »
Saw 'Girl with all the gifts' and thought it was quite ok.
Should have been a bit grimier in execution perhaps, but still ok.

That's wrote by a guy called Mike Carey who was born and bred in Walton in Liverpool , went to the same school and keep in touch with his brother . He's done a lot of marvel and dc stuff . Haven't seen it yet but will catch it soon

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44665 on: February 5, 2017, 12:55:49 pm »
No worse than these other ton of shite Superhero films that make no sense whatsoever.

I thought it was definitely the worst superhero movie out there, by a long way. Thor 2 runs it close though ;D

Not even getting into the merits of plot, characterisation, soundtrack (christ it was shite) or visuals - the editing of Suicide Squad was so so bad, it was barely even a competently constructed film. Say what you want about Marvel films and their ubiquity and identikit nature, or the Nolan Batman films and their over serious approach - Suicide Squad is simply a badly made film by any metric. It is worse than every other superhero film, and almost every other film in general, as its not constructed properly. The editing is probably the worst editing you can see outside of homemade dancing cat youtube videos. It's like an A level students first piece of Media Studies coursework, made in his Muse hoody between breaking up with his emo girlfriend and eating his third McNasty's of the day. It's when you take your car in for repair and they just gaffa tape the old bumper back on and give you a door that's a different shade from the rest of the paintwork. It's like a song where the singer is flat, the guitars are out of tune and the drummer can't hold the tempo.

I thought it was frankly amazing how it made so much money, staggering how it was allowed to be released in such a sub-standard condition. But, hey, it made money, so it must be OK in the eyes of the film exec(erable)s. They got their target market right I guess, a certain demographic must really love 'badass' and 'edgy' stuff. It just hurt my eyes and ears though. I'm obviously too old for this shit ;D
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #44666 on: February 5, 2017, 01:29:04 pm »
Watched La La Land last night.  I thought it was very good, but falling short of being great.  It starts off wonderfully, with that freeway dance sequence being absolutely wonderful. And while Emma Stone is fantastic throughout - at ease with the musical stuff and brilliant in the audition scenes - I thought that Gosling's character was too dickish to be likeable, and that the second half if the film loses its intensity.

I think Whiplash is a stronger film ultimately.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Igor Tripod Biscan

• Got it, got off it, got on with it. Is rice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #44667 on: February 5, 2017, 06:28:31 pm »
The founder was good

Great cast and Keaton is on a roll with his recent run, aces in this
Liverpool is the pool of life.
Carl Jung, 1961.  Alan Partridge didn't ask for a second season you meff

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #44668 on: February 5, 2017, 06:29:39 pm »
The founder was good

Great cast and Keaton is on a roll with his recent run, aces in this

Good just sticking it on.
Y.N.W.A.

Online GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #44669 on: February 5, 2017, 07:54:18 pm »
How does Jackie get great ratings on imdb? Nathalie Portman speaks like a retard in it
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline Beav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44670 on: February 5, 2017, 08:10:55 pm »
How does Jackie get great ratings on imdb? Nathalie Portman speaks like a retard in it

Jackie gets great ratings because it's a genuinely good, interesting film. And secondly, that's how Jackie Kennedy spoke, don't be a tit.

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #44671 on: February 5, 2017, 08:28:14 pm »
Good just sticking it on.

Enjoyed that. Interesting story.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #44672 on: February 6, 2017, 09:49:19 am »
I enjoyed passengers. Thought it was decent. When I seen the RT score I said I wouldn't watch it but glad I gave it a chance.

Goes to show RT scores are way off. How is it nearly every marvel movie gets about 90%? Fairly sure I read somewhere about RT being owned by some crowd who also have shares in/own a production company?
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Beav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44673 on: February 6, 2017, 11:51:56 am »
I enjoyed passengers. Thought it was decent. When I seen the RT score I said I wouldn't watch it but glad I gave it a chance.

Goes to show RT scores are way off. How is it nearly every marvel movie gets about 90%? Fairly sure I read somewhere about RT being owned by some crowd who also have shares in/own a production company?

Yeah, its Warner Bros.  ;D

Its impossible for it to be biased, they don't write reviews, its an aggregation of reviews from a hundred different sites.

Remember, its not a percentage score in terms of a rating 1-100, its whether the consensus recommends it. So a fresh score means more reviewers like it than not. Technically a 7/10 rated film could be 100% on there if everyone enjoyed it the same amount.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44674 on: February 6, 2017, 12:54:51 pm »

Its impossible for it to be biased, they don't write reviews, its an aggregation of reviews from a hundred different sites.

Remember, its not a percentage score in terms of a rating 1-100, its whether the consensus recommends it. So a fresh score means more reviewers like it than not. Technically a 7/10 rated film could be 100% on there if everyone enjoyed it the same amount.

Yeah it's not "this movie is 7/10 good" it's "7/10 people liked this movie".

Some of the results are baffling though and I learned a long time ago not to pay too much attention to it.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline djphal

• Is Angry. But merked Daniel Sturridge. High Protector of Gavin's Almighty Midweek Erections.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44675 on: February 6, 2017, 03:04:21 pm »
Hacksaw Ridge is excellent!

Offline Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44676 on: February 6, 2017, 03:17:41 pm »
Caught up on a few films I'd been wanting to watch.

Arrival - Brilliant film and an incredibly emotional experience watching it, especially those last 20 minutes. A really good sci-fi that's easy to understand and follow but with a lot of depth underneath. I've now watched this, Sicario and Enemy and they've all been good. Really looking forward to Blade Runner now.

Edge of Seventeen - Lovely coming of age-film that belongs near the top of its genre. Hailee Steinfeld is a brilliant young actress. 

Neon Demon - Not quite sure about this. Can't say I liked or disliked it  ;D. Everything is hyper-stylised and the soundtrack is awesome. But good Lord, the dialogue is ridiculous and the last 20 minutes made me wonder what the actual fuck I was watching. And then given the tonal shift, I was disappointed the film ended when it did as I wouldn't have minded seeing where it went after that.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #44677 on: February 6, 2017, 03:26:48 pm »
A couple of thoughts....

Whilst Hacksaw Ridge was an excellent film, Mel Gibson must have watched Full Metal Jacket just before making it because he ripped off half his ideas from it. It definitely goes way beyond a nod or indeed an ode to FMJ!!!

T2 is so shit I almost walked out....then when I got to the end wish I had. Considering how vibrant, loud and brash the original was, this by comparison was meek and washed out....literally! I don't know who did the sound mixing/editing but it was fucking pish! For 99% of the film you could have heard a mouse fart in the front row! If his idea was art mirrors life (middle age boredom etc) even if anyone gets it, they won't fucking care as they're trying to escape their own fucking boring lives by going to the cinema! Daft c*nt! That said there's a couple of particularly well framed shots using shadows but you'll miss them as you'll have nodded off by then! ;D

Funnily enough it was the first time in 23 years that me and the wife had ever gone to see a film together at the cinema a a couple.  been with others and the kids but never together.  We both loved it - ok it's nothing like the original but they're not on skag all the way through the film for starters.  Still had some great laugh out loud moments and Begbie was still a terrifying character, perhaps even moreso.  Glad you liked it as well.  :D

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #44678 on: February 6, 2017, 04:02:35 pm »

Thanks for that. Quick question, is the Critics Consensus section next to the tomatometer, a summary of their critics or again a summary from other critics from magazines and online sites for example?
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Beav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44679 on: February 6, 2017, 04:40:57 pm »
Thanks for that. Quick question, is the Critics Consensus section next to the tomatometer, a summary of their critics or again a summary from other critics from magazines and online sites for example?

I think it's a written consensus on the reviews collected on the site. RT don't have their own critics as far as I'm aware, they simply gather all the reviews.