Author Topic: Could LFC be in the Champions League this season?  (Read 21421 times)

Offline Bernard Shakey

• Anny Roader
  • Only Happy When The Club's in Crisis
Re: Could LFC be in the Champions League this season?
« Reply #360 on: August 24, 2011, 06:52:43 pm »
We were the champions of the competition though, which they'd never even thought about until then. Quite rightly the holders should defend the trophy they won.
Yep, it was a special set of circumstances, sort of like this! Ah, I'm only clutching at straws...I dont believe we'll get in. Whatever Turkish club missed out cos of Fenerbahce's match fixing deserves it more. Arsenal or any other 3rd qualifying round of the CL club deserve it more.
"It's a huge honour to wear the number seven at Liverpool. I think about the legends: Dalglish, Keegan... and that Australian guy"

Offline uwinsa

• prize!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #361 on: August 24, 2011, 06:52:56 pm »
This obviously is not going to be true but at least it's passing the time till kick off!

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #362 on: August 24, 2011, 06:53:26 pm »
It's quite sad that people are getting excited by this.

Cash wise it would be great for the club, but in football terms it's all wrong. Not to mention us not even getting into the Europa League to suddenly be gifted a position in the CL wouldn't sit well with me, sorry.

It's not going to happen but I'm not going to complain if it does. That's football today.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

hoonin

« Reply #363 on: August 24, 2011, 06:53:26 pm »
Fantasy stuff.

Offline No Appreciation of Liverpool Opposition

• Won't get out of bed for Palace. Gimme an N! Gimme a U! Gimme an M! (yet still needs it spelt out!)
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
    • My blog
« Reply #364 on: August 24, 2011, 06:53:27 pm »
Ok, it sounds like a very very long shot so I am not even going to get excited about this (yet), and yes there are probably lots of teams in other leagues who 'deserve' it more because of where they finished etc.

BUT if it is offered to us by Uefa then we should bite their flipping hand off!

Sure we are probably not equipped to sustain a top 4 place (our minimum target) and a CL campaign but it would mean, what, an extra £20m in revenue?  I imagine our deadline day transfers would be quite different!
try £40-50 plus
I fell in love with football as I would later fall in love with women: suddenly, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain it would bring

Gaston Ramirez.

Offline The Fadman

• Kopite
« Reply #365 on: August 24, 2011, 06:53:29 pm »
Why do Arsenal have to lose again?