Author Topic: Spyin' Kop: Fulham away  (Read 3359 times)

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop
Spyin' Kop: Fulham away
« on: October 21, 2005, 11:46:23 am »
After the successful (if alcoholic) trip to Belgium we're off down to London for what is up there among many Reds' favourite away games. Fulham are our hosts at The Cottage and Matt Boisclair from the venerable "There's Only One F in Fulham" fanzine (established 17 years ago when Johnny Barnes was in his prime) has submitted himself to the usual Spyin' Kop interrogation.

How has the season been shaping up for Fulham?

Not a great start to be honest. We are playing some nice football and scoring some good goals but still cannot defend. I expect us to be involved in a season-long relegation battle!

What are your expectations for this season? Have they changed from day one?

I thought we would go down when the season started due to the fact that we hadn't done much to improve the defence and had nowhere near replaced Edwin VDS. I think there are worse teams than us but we haven't managed a decent run of consecutive wins since we arrived in the Premiership and I can't see how that's about to change.

Who do you think is your most important player(s)?

Bouba, Steed and Boa - all three are awesome on their day but the problem is getting them all to have their day at the same time.

Your worst player(s)?

I was delighted when I heard rumours of you lot and Boro sniffing around Zat Knight. The bloke is hugely over-rated.

Do you have a particular memory of any previous meeting between our clubs? For instance something that happened to you that day, a great goal or a decision you disagreed with?

I remember our only ever Premiership victory over you lot when Facundo Sava (and his mask) scored a hat-trick. Quality day!

Any young up and coming players in the squad that we might not know about?

Liam Rosenior is an England star waiting to happen. If he gets too good he will probably be on his way though

Can you keep hold of Papa Bouba Diop, he seems to be an outstanding player?

Yes, he is class and no, I doubt we will hang on to him for much longer!

Do you have a favourite/best chant(s) and perhaps any that require an explanation?

We have a few good chants but I will be disappointed if we do not sing the name of Johnny Haynes this weekend.

We were all sad to hear the news that Johnny Haynes died this week. Just how good a player was he?

I am 24 so never got anywhere near seeing him play. I did meet him when I was younger and Fulham were rubbish though. Being used to getting autographs from the likes of Jim Stannard and Martin Ferney only to get to meet an ex-England captain and a Club legend certainly made mine and my Dad's day.

Where do you expect Fulham and Liverpool to finish in the Premier League?

Liverpool should be top five, Fulham bottom five I would say.

What's the atmosphere like at The Cottage these days?

It's normally pretty good but the crowd look to the players for inspiration rather than the other way round which is a shame really. Some of the best atmospheres are created when the crowd sing regardless of how good the team is playing.

Which Liverpool player will you fear the most?

I won't really fear any of them. I am confident that we will give you a good game and we have our own 'big guns' who are more than capable of holding their own against the best the League has to offer.

And your feelings on the new 'Spanish flavour' Liverpool. Senor 'Rafa' Benitez and our new latin recruits?

I really like Liverpool. I was made up for you lot last May - what a comeback and what a night

How is the club financially now after the initial spending of the Al Fayed era?

Nobody knows really. Cookie has said we have money to spend in January but that probably means that we will um and ahh for a month before deciding that everyone was too expensive.

Care to predict the score? Go on!

8-0 home win!

Many thanks once again to Matt from There's Only One F in Fulham for his help in answering our questions.

© RAWK 2005
If you're going to sign up on Betfair and fancy getting a free £25 on sign-up then use my refer code 749DCNQGK and I'll also get a £25 bonus ;)

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
Re: Spyin' Kop: Fulham away
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 11:51:27 am »
Seems like a sound bloke. Don't think much of his prediction though!! Absolutely right about Zat Knight, though it could be interesting to see him up against Crouch.

Offline WOOLTONIAN

• The Garston Gasworks XI.....aka "Beryl".....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brodrick ; Vice Admiral of the Reds
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 12:00:12 pm »
Cheers Steve.
Just a thought..
Due to past fun and games on transport in London, could you ask next time for any "Known" problems. might help a few avoid 'hotspots'

Living descendant of Sir Thomas Brodrick, Vice Admiral of the Red in the 18th Century

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2005, 12:02:07 pm »
right about the three he mentioned, quality players and remeber Joesmi getting sent off last season, and think it was Boa Morte that he done, we need to keep an eye him tomorrow, class player

Offline Yasar

• Phantom Desk Shitter
  • Kopite
  • Doug Stanhope appreciation society
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2005, 07:13:28 pm »
Sounded a like a top man! Some great responses. Well in, Rushian.
They proved that if you quit smoking, it will prolong your life. What they haven't proved is that a prolonged life is a good thing. I haven't seen the stats on that yet.
-Bill Hicks

Offline Gigantic Lamb

• Seeks huge jar of mint sauce for quiet nights in. I need to think of a really really long Custom title. As long as possible... Any ideas PM me....I dont even like mint sauce....Whats your sauce? I am Saucy ........are you?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2005, 09:48:44 pm »
Sounds like a top bloke,IMO a relegation battle for them though,
Then again I thought that last season!
He doesnt really fear any Liverpool players!
What about the on fire Ciise?I think he will regret saying that score line on saturday come 5 o clock,2-0 to the reds!
European Cups are like houses - Ultimately it's better to own than to rent.

http://twitter.com/giganticlamb

☆☆☆☆☆

Offline Eric

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2005, 10:16:53 pm »
We have to watch out for McBride.  He plays kinda like Nando, and has 3 goals this season I think.  He has the ability to change the end of a game ala Duncan Turdburger.