Author Topic: Prometheus: Ridley Scott's Alien Prequel  (Read 100846 times)

Offline Driver 8

• ...take a break
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Prometheus: Ridley Scott's Alien Prequel
« Reply #40 on: July 2, 2011, 01:23:54 am »
Wait, what is this supposed to be? That all sounds like a fairly convoluted back story; I doubt that it's a genuine leak. What, is there going to be a screen crawl at the start explaining all this? Or what, it's going to start with the dig, then go to the planet then all this other shit happens, doesn't sound very likely, that spoiler seems to imply that the story is about the alien god coming back, but you couldn't do all that without explaining all the other stuff first...It sounds really unlikely that it would have such a complex backstory. Actually, I'll go os far as to say that it's complete bollocks and I can't believe anyone is being taken in by it, why even bother with the spoiler tags...

As much as I admire Scott's earlier work, they've been flogging a dead horse with this one for twenty years at this stage. And people are excited by this prospect? Yet another prequel/reboot/rehash of an older title is the movie that sooo many people can't wait to see? Why? How about they do some original ideas - like Alien and Blade Runner were when they came out. Inception's probably a good example...does this mean we're going to see 30 years worth of rehashs to that? And, I'm sorry, but fucking Hannibal? Some people actually thought that complete and utter piece of shit was good?

Sorry for the rant...I is a tad pished at the mo.

Edit: just took out the stupid spoiler tags
« Last Edit: July 2, 2011, 11:45:56 am by Driver 8 »

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #41 on: July 2, 2011, 03:04:26 am »
Apparently this is leak was a fake.

http://io9.com/5816884/

Offline Driver 8

• ...take a break
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #42 on: July 2, 2011, 11:43:37 am »
Of course it's fake. It's retarded sounding fanfic-style bollocks. Anyone who knows anything about how films work should have been able to spot that that couldn't be a real synopsis. That some people actually got excited by it, and even started going "oooooh, it explains things, it explains things!" just confirms my suspicion that people who start jizzing themselves at the prospect of new Alien movies are just a bunch of blinkered fanboys who wouldn't know a good movie if it bit them in the ass.

Offline The_Cutter

• It must be Summer the TdF is on and The Cutter appears!
  • Legacy Fan
  • And then I went.
« Reply #43 on: July 2, 2011, 12:12:46 pm »
Certainly had a fanfic feel to it, although most big studio films have such shallow scripts these days, that it wouldn't suprise me. As I said, I hope Ridley still got some magic left in him, to make this worth it.

I get what you mean though, I'd like to see more of the Bladerunner universe, but its the risk of fucking with the legacy that puts me off. Dont think I'd like to see a sequel, but it was such a brilliant setting its a shame we got to see so little of it. Maybe some kind of tv series with a massive budget would be good. Comes down to story though, not sure just following an everyday Bladerunner would be able to sustain a series and in another film it would be weak.
It's a brilliant setting, isn't it? However, without PKD's approval any project is a no go for me. Just leave it the fuck alone instead of milking it for money, just like they did with Alien.
"A story should have a beginning, a middle, and an end . . . but not necessarily in that order." Jean-Luc Godard

'I'm sorry Wayne. Please finish your cider.'

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
« Reply #44 on: July 2, 2011, 02:26:24 pm »
Can't wait for this..could very well be the greatest alien-horror movie of 2012!!!!!
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #45 on: July 2, 2011, 03:43:43 pm »
Can't wait for this..could very well be the greatest alien-horror movie of 2012!!!!!

:lmao

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #46 on: July 2, 2011, 04:46:35 pm »
:lmao
the greatest smiley in all of 2011.

Offline PROPER crazyemlyn72

• is Android
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: July 2, 2011, 08:24:41 pm »
However, without PKD's approval any project is a no go for me. Just leave it the fuck alone instead of milking it for money, just like they did with Alien.

well if we're waiting for PKDs approval, we will be waiting a long time. the only hope is if they write something new and original in that universe. maybe go off world to the colonies, because the replicants were far more interesting. deckard was a bastard.

the things that made BR successful, was the cinematography, the music, the actors being pissed off working on set,  dicks original weird and bleak novel all helped to accidentally give a cult hit. probably couldnt be replicated anyway. it was a massive failure on original release.

i love it though, its a great movie to watch after a night out, helps to chill after a few beers.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #48 on: July 3, 2011, 12:46:08 am »
Of course it's fake. It's retarded sounding fanfic-style bollocks. Anyone who knows anything about how films work should have been able to spot that that couldn't be a real synopsis. That some people actually got excited by it, and even started going "oooooh, it explains things, it explains things!" just confirms my suspicion that people who start jizzing themselves at the prospect of new Alien movies are just a bunch of blinkered fanboys who wouldn't know a good movie if it bit them in the ass.

Who's interested in "Good 'Movies'"

You should be interested in FILMS (Not Movies, this isn't fucking America - we don't have bastard 'Elevators' or twatting 'sidewalks') that YOU like. Not films that other people tell you are 'Good'.

Fuck 'good films'. Enjoy films you actually like. It's not a fucking competition. I go to the piccies about 5 or 6 times  a month (On a Cineworld pass) and I love going. But I love films I like because I like 'em. Not because some bloated wheezy fucking twat says "Gee! This is an amazing film - look at the cinematography.. Look at the editing.. Look at this.. Look at this fucking farty fucking gobshite fucking retarded filmboy buzz shite'.

It's all bollocks. Enjoy what you like yourself. Shove 'Good movies' up everyones fucking hoop. There seem to be so many arty-farty, up their own arse, oh ever-so wankers out there that spend more time being fucking snooty and bellendy that they forget that films are supposed to be enjoyable.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Gobias Industries

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: July 3, 2011, 01:02:54 am »

You should be interested in FILMS (Not Movies, this isn't fucking America - we don't have bastard 'Elevators' or twatting 'sidewalks') that YOU like. Not films that other people tell you are 'Good'.

Fuck 'good films'. Enjoy films you actually like. It's not a fucking competition. I go to the piccies about 5 or 6 times  a month (On a Cineworld pass) and I love going. But I love films I like because I like 'em. Not because some bloated wheezy fucking twat says "Gee! This is an amazing film - look at the cinematography.. Look at the editing.. Look at this.. Look at this fucking farty fucking gobshite fucking retarded filmboy buzz shite'.

It's all bollocks. Enjoy what you like yourself. Shove 'Good movies' up everyones fucking hoop. There seem to be so many arty-farty, up their own arse, oh ever-so wankers out there that spend more time being fucking snooty and bellendy that they forget that films are supposed to be enjoyable.

How can you start a post so pretentiously (bashing the use of the word movie) and then go on to bash pretension in film enjoyment? You're above using the word movie, but not above enjoying shite films?

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #50 on: July 3, 2011, 01:14:06 am »

Probably your worst post of the year so far Andy. What a load of nonsense. I agree with you that people can get too serious about movies, but the rest is a load of nonsense. Film is an art form, whether you want to dumb it down or not, it's a form of art. Saying 'fuck good films' is ridiculous, and I'm not even sure what that actually means?! If you're getting on your high horse about 'arty' films, and saying that you should enjoy films that YOu enjoy, well no shit. I don't go and watch a film because some 'farty fucking gobshite fucking retarded filmboy buzz shite' (what is that supposed to mean?) tells me too. I go and watch it because I take an interest in it. But I can also appreciate 'arty' films too. You may not like it, but films like Bladerunner, Alien are 'arty' films.

Since when has 'movie' been an American word too?  ???

Chip on your shoulder much?
« Last Edit: July 3, 2011, 01:26:17 am by Paul JH »
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #51 on: July 3, 2011, 01:58:44 am »
Quality rant, Andy :thumbup

Offline Not Bob

• RAWK Factor Winner 2012 - it's a rap, folks!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: July 3, 2011, 03:28:48 am »

So from your recent posts, am I to deduct that you refuse to watch, listen to, walk on, get on, eat or drink anything made in the USA?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #53 on: July 3, 2011, 04:59:48 am »
So from your recent posts, am I to deduct that you refuse to watch, listen to, walk on, get on, eat or drink anything made in the USA?

You have deducted incorrectly in this instance. I refuse to call things randomly with the American way of saying things. This applies to items such as Films, Pavements, Taps, Cars, Fizzy Drinks and the like. The English dictionary contains many words which can describe all these things admirably.

(Unless you're American) do you say things like... "Gee! Let's all walk down the sidewalk into town and have a few beers! Your kid can have a soda pop and we can chew the fat while we watch the automobiles drive past. Make sure your hands are nice n' clean by using the faucet whenever you can after using the restroom. And clothespins are always handy to do the laundry. If there's any problems, we can contact someone from the police department using 911 or if things are really serious, let's get the home guard in. We can sit there and watch any airplanes fly over from Liverpool airport. If you want to bring the baby then make sure you have your baby carriage. Hey Dude! You hungry? You can have a Bear Claw and if we stay in a hotel, call the bell hop if the bags are too heavy, man. And if you want to go home then use the beltway in your auto to save time. If you want to let your spouse know you're on the way back, use your cell to call them, man and they'll be copacetic . Wow! Look it's rainin' really hard now man, look at that rainwater gushing down the downspout, man! I bet those dumpsters are gettin' a real pastin' all the garbage inside must be deluged and swimmin'? You still hungry eat those grits, dude. But don't make a fuss, dude or you'll be gettin' a Miranda in a New York Minute. It's gettin' dark now, look at the rain and the lights shinin' off the raised pavement marker.  Look at that girl there looking scruffy man, walkin' along in her sweatpants! Let the Taxi know what your Zip Code is when he drops you off then he'll know which burb to take you to.
« Last Edit: July 3, 2011, 05:47:35 am by Andy@Allerton »

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Driver 8

• ...take a break
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #54 on: July 3, 2011, 04:21:05 pm »

Yeah, we shouldn't use American words like movie, that's stupid. Now, how many of these 5,6 films you are going to see every month were made somewhere other than America?

Who said anything about being arty or listening to some 'bloated' critic? Of course, everyone has their own tastes, but, broadly speaking, it's not just about what you 'like'. Everyone seems to agree that The Godfather is good, and that The Godfather III is shit. So you can make statements about films which aren't just subjective, but that actually say something about the film itself. So if you say, the acting was bad, the directing was all over the shop, the story was boring, the film was too slow, whatever, yeah you're expressing your opinion, but its an opinion about what the film is like - and if you can back it up with enough evidence by pointing to the film itself, you can persuade people you are right. I've definitely sometimes changed my mind about a movie because someone has made a well-argued case to me showing me something about it that I didn't notice myself. Other times, people try to convince and I stick to my guns cause I think they're wrong. But it's not about who's saying it to me, it's about the strength of the argument they make.

Chip on your shoulder much?

Okay, fair enough - I should make my point without resorting to insulting people, so I'll retract that. But when I see people apparently just making up their minds that a film that hasn't even been made yet is great, just cause it has the right name on it, it makes me think that they're going to say its great when it comes out, no matter what it's like. If I have a chip on my shoulder its because if millions of people file into the cinema to watch some shit then the movie makes a load of money, and Hollywood gets the message that they don't even have to try. This whole reboots and sequels etc, thing has got way out of hand. I mean, everyone went to see Revenge of the Sith. I didn't, what was the point? The other two were shit, and totally fucked up a film series that I loved, so no way were they getting anymore of my money. But still millions went, like they were fucking obliged to or something. Just cause of hype. George Lucas gets a big swollen bank balance, and the lesson learned is just make any old crap, stick Star Wars on it, and people will go. Same with the new Indy. I just heard what it was about, heard about the fridge, saw the crappy trailer, and went no thanks. But now they're planning a fifth one. If you'd told me 15 years ago that all the big summer movies were going to be Indy, Transformers, yet more Aliens, I would have thought you were nuts. Yet here we are. And have the films got better over the years?
« Last Edit: July 3, 2011, 04:22:41 pm by Driver 8 »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: July 3, 2011, 04:24:05 pm »
You have deducted incorrectly in this instance. I refuse to call things randomly with the American way of saying things. This applies to items such as Films, Pavements, Taps, Cars, Fizzy Drinks and the like. The English dictionary contains many words which can describe all these things admirably.

(Unless you're American) do you say things like... "Gee! Let's all walk down the sidewalk into town and have a few beers! Your kid can have a soda pop and we can chew the fat while we watch the automobiles drive past. Make sure your hands are nice n' clean by using the faucet whenever you can after using the restroom. And clothespins are always handy to do the laundry. If there's any problems, we can contact someone from the police department using 911 or if things are really serious, let's get the home guard in. We can sit there and watch any airplanes fly over from Liverpool airport. If you want to bring the baby then make sure you have your baby carriage. Hey Dude! You hungry? You can have a Bear Claw and if we stay in a hotel, call the bell hop if the bags are too heavy, man. And if you want to go home then use the beltway in your auto to save time. If you want to let your spouse know you're on the way back, use your cell to call them, man and they'll be copacetic . Wow! Look it's rainin' really hard now man, look at that rainwater gushing down the downspout, man! I bet those dumpsters are gettin' a real pastin' all the garbage inside must be deluged and swimmin'? You still hungry eat those grits, dude. But don't make a fuss, dude or you'll be gettin' a Miranda in a New York Minute. It's gettin' dark now, look at the rain and the lights shinin' off the raised pavement marker.  Look at that girl there looking scruffy man, walkin' along in her sweatpants! Let the Taxi know what your Zip Code is when he drops you off then he'll know which burb to take you to.

That's an embarrassment even by your recent standards. Do something to arrest the decline or you'll end up as nothing but a joke. A bad one at that.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #56 on: July 3, 2011, 04:27:18 pm »
That's an embarrassment even by your recent standards. Do something to arrest the decline or you'll end up as nothing but a joke. A bad one at that.

Sorry dad :(

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: July 3, 2011, 04:31:59 pm »

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: July 3, 2011, 05:31:55 pm »

Offline medley

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Garrincha
« Reply #59 on: July 3, 2011, 05:55:02 pm »
I think that was the actual plotline and they leaked it on purpose to see how the fans reacted. Now they are going to go back to the drawing board and release the movie in 2014. It's all part of their secret plan I tell you!!
My mate is Sarah Harding's cousin from girls aloud, he looks a fair but like her which is a bit weird when i'm cracking one off over MTV like

Offline Skuzzlebutt

• Legacy Fan
  • Hulk share opinion!!
« Reply #60 on: July 3, 2011, 06:30:34 pm »

We're gonna win the league-omiter

[00.........................................................]

V5. 2013 edition.  Optimism levels rusted solid.  We're givin' her all she's got Captain!!!

Offline Driver 8

• ...take a break
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #61 on: July 3, 2011, 07:12:17 pm »

Yeah, I'm passionate about films. What of it? If anyone is being hyperbolic around here...

This film deserves its own thread.  From that plot outline I think it will be one of the best Sci Fi movies for a long long time.

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #62 on: July 3, 2011, 07:24:39 pm »
Sounds cool. More quality Sci-Fi can only be a good thing     
You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #63 on: July 3, 2011, 07:27:02 pm »
Love to see someone do a really good job on Dune and on KSR's Red/Green/Blue Mars trilogy
« Last Edit: July 3, 2011, 07:29:37 pm by xavidub »
You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face

Offline Manila Kop

• TRYING HARD TO FIT IN OOTER
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Greatest Fighter in the World
« Reply #64 on: July 4, 2011, 06:08:35 am »
Love to see someone do a really good job on Dune and on KSR's Red/Green/Blue Mars trilogy

Off-topic, but after seeing "Game of Thrones" I think the Mars Trilogy would be great as a TV series given how many primary characters there are
The infallible wank stain
Lolzies. More chance of a wank off the pope than beating United, I'm afraid. It is beyond Benitez, apart from when they were at their lowest ebb, when we knocked them out of the FA Cup. They certainly aren't anywhere near there now.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
« Reply #65 on: July 4, 2011, 06:55:58 am »

Think there already has been a newer version done though I didn't watch it.
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: July 4, 2011, 07:29:37 am »

There were rumour of Dune movie being remade with Paul Anderson as a director. Thank God they stopped.
Dune would be amazing as a big, fat series - similar to Game of Thrones, but I hardly doubt It'll ever be done properly.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #67 on: July 4, 2011, 11:02:36 am »
There were rumour of Dune movie being remade with Paul Anderson as a director. Thank God they stopped.
Dune would be amazing as a big, fat series - similar to Game of Thrones, but I hardly doubt It'll ever be done properly.

Didn't think the series which was done was that bad. Dune's got the problem of a very, very crap preludes now. Pray to god no-one goes near it because rights holder will want his little babies made, and they stink.

Interesting that Scott is doing a prequel to Alien but the search for the meaning of life angle of the prepublicity is putting me off already.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline kopindian

• Legacy Fan
    • Films I Watch
« Reply #68 on: July 4, 2011, 12:33:51 pm »
This, Django Unchained, Dark Knight Rises, Star Trek 2 and Avengers are the only ones I'm looking forward to next year, and the latter two could go horribly horribly wrong.

Hopefully Fincher starts something soon and gives us something next year to follow on from the relatively quick productions of Social Network and Dragon Tattoo. Please. Going to be a shite, shite year for cinema.

360 (Fernando Meirelles), Gambit (Screenplay:Coens), Stoker (Park Chan-wook), The Dictator (Larry Charles, Sacha Baron Cohen), 7 días en La Habana (Benicio Del Toro, Gasper Noe), Cogan's Trade (Andrew Dominik), The 13 Women of Nanjing (Yimou Zhang, Christian Bale), Gravity (Alfonso Cuaron), Cloud Atlas (Tom Twyker, Wachowski Brothers), Carnage (Roman Polanski), The Grandmasters (Wong Kar Wai), Seven Psychopaths (Martin McDonagh), Moonrise Kingdom (Wes Anderson), Amour (Michael Haneke) are all supposed to be out in 2012.
« Last Edit: July 4, 2011, 12:43:49 pm by kopindian »

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #69 on: July 4, 2011, 12:41:14 pm »
Sounds cool. More quality Sci-Fi can only be a good thing     

Given what a huge genre it is, it is surprising that it doesn't get more quality. It's not like there isn't a shit load of excellent stories out there that have never been made.

It's criminal that things like Rendevouz with Rama, Neuromancer, Mona Lisa Overdrive, Ender's Game, Dune (Properly!), Foundation, I, Robot (Fucking properly), Hitch Hikers Guide (Properly), Farenheit 451 (Modern version), Ringworld, Brave New World, The Martian Chronicles (Film version) and a shit load of other great fiction hasn't been done yet.

There is literally a ton of excellent stories waiting to be made into trilogies that could blow everything out of the water - but Hollywood has always had a problem with Science Ficiton.

Would be amazing if someone in the UK could pull it together and advance some of these given the technology around today to make films with.

Offline Ginamos

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: July 4, 2011, 12:53:41 pm »

The problem with the Mars trilogy is the books go from fantastic to complete crap. The first ones brilliant, but by the third KSR's completely up his own arse with his political/philosophical ramblings.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #71 on: July 4, 2011, 02:56:39 pm »
Could I put this one out there? Ive tried watching Alien twice, and think I get up to the same bit, get bored and switch off (its been a while, but I THINK they find a bloke against the wall, and then a alien comes out of his stomach/chest. Though I absolutely live Aliens (special addition). The rest, meh.

My question is, should I go for the hat trick?
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Driver 8

• ...take a break
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #72 on: July 4, 2011, 03:02:59 pm »
Could I put this one out there? Ive tried watching Alien twice, and think I get up to the same bit, get bored and switch off (its been a while, but I THINK they find a bloke against the wall, and then a alien comes out of his stomach/chest. Though I absolutely live Aliens (special addition). The rest, meh.

??? That doesn't sound like the first one. The first chest-busting scene in that is the famous John Hurt over  the table bit while they're eating. Is that the bit you mean?

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #73 on: July 4, 2011, 03:11:39 pm »
??? That doesn't sound like the first one. The first chest-busting scene in that is the famous John Hurt over  the table bit while they're eating. Is that the bit you mean?
Could be mate. Its deffo the 1st one I have tried twice, and just got bored.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline DrTobiasFunke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: July 4, 2011, 03:19:12 pm »

It depends what sort of stuff you like. I'm not all that fussed on the Star Wars or Star Trek films but I do love some sci-fi films like Alien, Blade Runner, 2001 and, more recently, Moon. The pace does pick up after the bit you got to though. The only problem I found with Alien is that I didn't really find it scary at all, I had the same thing with Psycho, but I'm sure it would have been different seeing it when it first came out. Still love the film though.

Aliens is great too but it's far more action packed and isn't anywhere near as atmospheric.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #75 on: July 4, 2011, 03:25:45 pm »
It depends what sort of stuff you like. I'm not all that fussed on the Star Wars or Star Trek films but I do love some sci-fi films like Alien, Blade Runner, 2001 and, more recently, Moon. The pace does pick up after the bit you got to though. The only problem I found with Alien is that I didn't really find it scary at all, I had the same thing with Psycho, but I'm sure it would have been different seeing it when it first came out. Still love the film though.

Aliens is great too but it's far more action packed and isn't anywhere near as atmospheric.
Ok ta. Its just one of those films that I feel you should watch. Might give it another whirl.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #76 on: July 4, 2011, 03:27:03 pm »

Dune would be incredible if done properly with the whole series in mind at the start.

The Martian chronicles would possibly be the best series ever made if done right. Dunno if you saw the original TV series of it (Done on a budget) it was astonishing.
« Last Edit: July 4, 2011, 03:33:48 pm by Andy@Allerton »

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: July 4, 2011, 03:46:16 pm »
Has there been any mention of the word "3D" with this?

Sincerely hope not.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #78 on: July 4, 2011, 03:50:13 pm »
Nope. I've read interviews from Fassbender, and Idriss Elba was discussing his role on the One Show recently and neither has mentioned 3D at all.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #79 on: July 4, 2011, 04:23:10 pm »
Has there been any mention of the word "3D" with this?

Sincerely hope not.

Yes, all the early reports were about it being made in 3D. I'd be amazed if this wasn't filmed in 3D, Ridley Scott will feel he can bring something to the table that people like Michael Bay cannot.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias