Author Topic: What Car Do You Own/Drive?  (Read 478345 times)

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
Re: What Car Do You Own/Drive?
« Reply #4760 on: March 6, 2017, 10:14:07 am »
jesus

del boy would make some profit then

got a capri ghia off boycie in 1990 for 400 nicker. 27 years later he could make some money on that investment

Wish i could muster up a boycie laugh  :(

These are probably near to what i had..

Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #4761 on: March 6, 2017, 10:47:33 am »

haha i am always doing that laugh

my folks might have had that blue one or that type. true story it was stolen outside a church one day when my folks came out of mass. was later found that day, luckily the robber had stopped in a petrol station so they got it back full (was empty when it got pinched) haha
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline gav91v

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4762 on: March 6, 2017, 11:07:31 pm »
If anybody could help me this would be much appreciated.

I took my car (Renault Clio) to Halfords for a free check, as I felt something wrong with the steering. Turns out I need a new track rod end, as it has been worn down. Halfords have quoted me £130 for this.

This is my first car, so therefore I am not really clued up on how much these things should cost. Is this a normal price, or would it be wise to ask around local garages and see if they offer a lower price?

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4763 on: March 6, 2017, 11:51:00 pm »

Is that a Dolomite mate? I loved them, wooden dash, velour seats and twin headlights.

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #4764 on: March 7, 2017, 07:29:10 am »
Is that a Dolomite mate? I loved them, wooden dash, velour seats and twin headlights.

Yeah John, the one i had wasn't the 'sprint' version but was still rapid with an 1850 under the bonnet.
Feckin criminal what i let both go for when you look back & i actually thought i got good deals too at the time which compounds it.
I must be hitting that crisis in life to be going retro..at least its not a sprts car eh!
Pining for a Cortina Mk5 Crusader now..what the fuck is all that about?

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4765 on: March 7, 2017, 08:33:41 am »
Yeah John, the one i had wasn't the 'sprint' version but was still rapid with an 1850 under the bonnet.
Feckin criminal what i let both go for when you look back & i actually thought i got good deals too at the time which compounds it.
I must be hitting that crisis in life to be going retro..at least its not a sprts car eh!
Pining for a Cortina Mk5 Crusader now..what the fuck is all that about?

Mate of my Dads had an 1850HL, very quick car. I learnt a lot about cars working on my mates 1500TC and various Cortinas as a teenager.

The older cars just look better. You can tell them apart, whereas the modern stuff all looks the same. The nearest Ford got to cars looking like clones was the MK2 Granada and the MK V Cortina, now the Fiesta, Focus and Mondeo all share the same look.

Im into my bikes, I've a 1992 Honda Fireblade and an 1999 Yamaha R1. The modern stuff just doesn't do it for me.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4766 on: March 7, 2017, 08:42:05 am »

I took my car (Renault Clio) to Halfords for a free check, as I felt something wrong with the steering. Turns out I need a new track rod end, as it has been worn down. Halfords have quoted me £130 for this.

This is my first car, so therefore I am not really clued up on how much these things should cost. Is this a normal price, or would it be wise to ask around local garages and see if they offer a lower price?
do a google and see what the price is for a part

ebay was all i could see and it seems like the part should be 20 tops so i dont think thats a great price you were quoted. shop around

if there is a shop near you that sells parts etc go visit them

Offline gravy red

• Kopite
« Reply #4767 on: March 7, 2017, 09:01:39 am »

That's a 2.0 litre Dolomite Sprint....Lovely car, I had one. Over-drive on the gear box as well, I thought that was the best thing ever, and that car could drift for a heavy old lump (or was it I couldn't handle it as I was about 21-22 years old).

Offline gravy red

• Kopite
« Reply #4768 on: March 7, 2017, 09:10:34 am »
Mate of my Dads had an 1850HL, very quick car. I learnt a lot about cars working on my mates 1500TC and various Cortinas as a teenager.

The older cars just look better. You can tell them apart, whereas the modern stuff all looks the same. The nearest Ford got to cars looking like clones was the MK2 Granada and the MK V Cortina, now the Fiesta, Focus and Mondeo all share the same look.

Im into my bikes, I've a 1992 Honda Fireblade and an 1999 Yamaha R1. The modern stuff just doesn't do it for me.

Those are 2 very rare bikes (especially the Blade). Look after them mate, don't see many on the road anymore (apart from the odd R1, age wise i'm on about)

I know what you mean about modern bikes...what's your thoughts on the MV Augusta F4 RC? beautiful beast in my opinion.

Offline gav91v

• Kopite
« Reply #4769 on: March 7, 2017, 09:55:28 am »
do a google and see what the price is for a part

ebay was all i could see and it seems like the part should be 20 tops so i dont think thats a great price you were quoted. shop around

if there is a shop near you that sells parts etc go visit them

Thank you for that. I did think it seemed a bit excessive when they said

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4770 on: March 7, 2017, 10:02:09 am »
Thank you for that. I did think it seemed a bit excessive when they said
yeah they were plenty of sites

however i didnt know the exact car or your reg so im sure there are places you can look

if your stuck even buy the part online and pay them labour? or pay someone else the labour?

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4771 on: March 7, 2017, 10:10:52 am »
Those are 2 very rare bikes (especially the Blade). Look after them mate, don't see many on the road anymore (apart from the odd R1, age wise i'm on about)

I know what you mean about modern bikes...what's your thoughts on the MV Augusta F4 RC? beautiful beast in my opinion.

The first edition Fireblade is one of the nicest looking road bikes ever!

I remember like yesterday the first time I saw one.  Was sat on the Barbican in Plymouth. A red hot Sunday afternoon. People sat around drinking and chilling.  A lad rides slowly though the masses of people on a Fireblade with the orange and black 'Urban Tiger' Livery. Helmet off and top half of leathers down.

Wow - What a head turner.  Anyone who had a remote interest in bikes was envious that day. Cool bastard he was and I don't mid admitting as a 21 year old I was jealous :)

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4772 on: March 7, 2017, 01:17:42 pm »
The Fireblade is currently in boxes and the wardrobe as I've pulled it apart for a full restoration. Its going back into its original colours (currently wears Rothmans bodywork). This is how it should look when done

The R1 has been used as a year round commuter, so needs a bit of TLC to get back to full glory. I've got the time now as I've now got an X-Type Jag as my daily driver

« Last Edit: March 7, 2017, 01:19:59 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline gav91v

• Kopite
« Reply #4773 on: March 7, 2017, 02:13:59 pm »
yeah they were plenty of sites

however i didnt know the exact car or your reg so im sure there are places you can look

if your stuck even buy the part online and pay them labour? or pay someone else the labour?

Having gone through them, will go with buying the part online and getting somebody to fit it. There are plenty of garages near me. I did mention to Halfords that as this was my first car, I wasn't an expert on cars, so in future I don't think I will mention that. Thanks again

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4774 on: March 7, 2017, 02:43:22 pm »
Having gone through them, will go with buying the part online and getting somebody to fit it. There are plenty of garages near me. I did mention to Halfords that as this was my first car, I wasn't an expert on cars, so in future I don't think I will mention that. Thanks again
i know the feeling

i told a garage i wanted shot of my car which needed a new engine (even though i was in the process of replacing this engine). they nearly ran me out of the place. it was a horrible experience actually!

getting a car this week and trading in, didnt mention the replaced engine.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4775 on: March 7, 2017, 03:19:14 pm »

Have a look to see if you have a GSF car parts near you. If you register your email address with them, you get an immediate 30% discount - I always get 40% discounts with them. You will be paying around £20 (pre discount) for the track rod end. Then you need to ask a local garage (who do tracking) how much they'll charge to fit it. The tracking will need to be done as part of the job.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4776 on: March 7, 2017, 05:15:27 pm »

The HL's were brilliant (Hi-Line I think it meant), the Sprint engines were a nightmare but fast as fuck. I was in a community college workshop a few years ago that was restoring a Dolomite. It was a smaller car than I remembered and was tempted to keep in touch to see what they would sell it for.

I had 2 Spitfire's back in the day :)

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4777 on: March 7, 2017, 05:39:52 pm »

I love the looks of the Italian bikes in general anyway. The MV is a gorgeous piece of kit, similar in looks to a Panigale but better executed.

If i had the money I'd get an old Ducati 888. Rode an 851 back in the day and it blew me away the amount of torque it had

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4778 on: March 8, 2017, 06:28:46 am »
Picking up my new 'dad car' Volvo tomorrow :)

Is that the v40?

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #4779 on: March 8, 2017, 05:10:31 pm »
One of my brothers had a Granada Consul,it kept veering to the left..at every petrol station!  :D
To ths day the HL was something i hadn't took much notice of & would have guessed High Luxury or something daft,things you never knew eh..
I would defo offend bikers if i told you what bike i would get if i ever took up biking..best keep quiet onthat one.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4780 on: March 8, 2017, 05:21:56 pm »
Doesn't matter what you ride, it's riding that counts.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #4781 on: March 8, 2017, 06:28:16 pm »
Doesn't matter what you ride, it's riding that counts.

That's what she said.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #4783 on: March 26, 2017, 08:30:39 pm »
http://www4.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201703163341524?model=GOLF&make=VOLKSWAGEN&radius=200&advertising-location=at_cars&year-from=2004&postcode=pl253ta&sort=price-asc&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=New&fuel-type=Diesel&page=1

What do you guys make of this? High mileage but no advisories on recent MOT. Worth a punt or avoid?

Seems reasonable. It's a 13 year old motor. Usual checks advised, for HPI and if it was  CAT C or D before etc. Otherwise take a mechanic if you're not mechanically minded and check her out thoroughly mate.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4784 on: March 26, 2017, 09:13:34 pm »
http://www4.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201703163341524?model=GOLF&make=VOLKSWAGEN&radius=200&advertising-location=at_cars&year-from=2004&postcode=pl253ta&sort=price-asc&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=New&fuel-type=Diesel&page=1

What do you guys make of this? High mielage but no advisories on recent MOT. Worth a punt or avoid?

Failed in Feb, movement in wishbone and advisory of engine management light on, this advisory has been on the last 3 mots. https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/

Diesel engines can do starship enterprise mileages and this car has been used regularly looking at the MOT's. Deffo worth a look

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4785 on: March 26, 2017, 09:27:46 pm »
Got shot of my Passat

Now have a Ford focus titanium

Bought with 2500 miles 6 months old

5.5 year unlimited mileage warranty

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4786 on: March 26, 2017, 09:36:39 pm »
Failed in Feb, movement in wishbone and advisory of engine management light on, this advisory has been on the last 3 mots. https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/

Diesel engines can do starship enterprise mileages and this car has been used regularly looking at the MOT's. Deffo worth a look
Gonna ring and see when the cambelt was last done etc
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4787 on: April 8, 2017, 01:36:54 pm »
Ended up ordering the seat leon fr, 10 week wait though

Offline RJ320

• Kopite
  • 17-01-42
« Reply #4788 on: April 8, 2017, 08:04:22 pm »
Read last week they're going to introduce some new fees for diesel cars, any truth to it? If so, down the drain goes my plans to buy a decent diesel in August.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4789 on: April 9, 2017, 09:08:00 am »
Read last week they're going to introduce some new fees for diesel cars, any truth to it? If so, down the drain goes my plans to buy a decent diesel in August.

From 2019 it's going to cost £12.50 a day to drive into central London and other major cities talking of doing the same. Tell you to buy diesel, then penalise you for it, stupid c*nts. They want to charge trucks something like £100. Haulage companies should tell the government to go fuck themselves and refuse to deliver anything, London will run out of food in a week.

Successive government have done nothing to improve transport, it's a joke.

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #4790 on: April 9, 2017, 10:02:19 pm »
The first edition Fireblade is one of the nicest looking road bikes ever!

I remember like yesterday the first time I saw one.  Was sat on the Barbican in Plymouth. A red hot Sunday afternoon. People sat around drinking and chilling.  A lad rides slowly though the masses of people on a Fireblade with the orange and black 'Urban Tiger' Livery. Helmet off and top half of leathers down.

Wow - What a head turner.  Anyone who had a remote interest in bikes was envious that day. Cool bastard he was and I don't mid admitting as a 21 year old I was jealous :)

Lad up the road I grew up on had that bike, 900rr. Everyone was jealous still looks good now.

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4791 on: April 10, 2017, 12:58:44 pm »
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4792 on: April 10, 2017, 07:00:35 pm »
Ordered an Astra GTC Special Edition from Arnold Clark in June last year. Due to some parts firm in Poland going bust it's still not arrived!!!

They have been fucking me about for months.

Just seen that Arnold died yesterday.

Might turn up at his funeral Alan Partridge style and start harassing his widow

Anyone got a battery for an Ericsson?

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #4793 on: April 10, 2017, 08:39:25 pm »
Ordered an Astra GTC Special Edition from Arnold Clark in June last year. Due to some parts firm in Poland going bust it's still not arrived!!!

They have been fucking me about for months.

Just seen that Arnold died yesterday.

Might turn up at his funeral Alan Partridge style and start harassing his widow

Anyone got a battery for an Ericsson?

Ask her  how well did she know the deceased...
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #4794 on: April 17, 2017, 12:34:46 pm »
I'm glad I've been thorough (aka slow and lazy) in my search for a new car. All this talk about diesel free cities (and £20 per day charges) is a bit mad and making me think carefully about what to go for/actually have no idea though.

Offline Spezialo

• Knocked out of the world cup. Should have had a pen. As if you wouldn't confront the ref.
  • Kopite
« Reply #4795 on: May 14, 2017, 08:11:06 pm »
Any one have a car on finance in Liverpool/Merseyside? Somewhere cheap amd doesnt rip you off?

Thanks

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #4796 on: May 29, 2017, 10:43:07 am »
Whats the deal with PCP i'm hearing about? Are we all going to get huge refunds on cars purchased with PCP????

Offline so kop end lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4797 on: May 29, 2017, 11:46:16 am »
I currently drive an Audi A3 saloon but I'm thinking of getting a Q5 now (need more room to take my 3 godsons out, more space for fishing gear etc)

Anybody have one?

Living in London would it be best to go for a petrol one?

Offline so kop end lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4798 on: May 29, 2017, 11:47:12 am »
Whats the deal with PCP i'm hearing about? Are we all going to get huge refunds on cars purchased with PCP????

Let's hope so 💷💷

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #4799 on: May 29, 2017, 02:55:08 pm »
I currently drive an Audi A3 saloon but I'm thinking of getting a Q5 now (need more room to take my 3 godsons out, more space for fishing gear etc)

Anybody have one?

Living in London would it be best to go for a petrol one?

My wife used to have one.

It was like driving a tank... the clutch was unbelievably heavy and clunky and it would stall on a whim if your foot wasn't bang the to the floor on the clutch.

I'm not sure if it was just that one or if they're all like that, but I hated driving it.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W