Author Topic: Electronic E-Cigs - My Experience  (Read 35384 times)

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Electronic E-Cigs - My Experience
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2015, 07:55:50 pm »
Best is subjective, but after dozen's of different models over four years, I have settled for this tiny fella

eGrip by Joyetech is by far the best, imo.

Fair enough mate, looks quite sleek but I'm more fond of the longer ones (although I understand they're not as good/reliable as these).

Offline trinityroad

• Main Stander
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2015, 09:27:06 am »
That Electric Tobacconist always takes the piss delivering to me. Ordered on Wednesday and not here, and postman just been, so not until Monday now.

Decent stuff anyway.

Ordered a Vype E-Tank Starter Kit.

Don't think I'll be sticking to it for more than a couple of months, it's decent enough I suppose, but the liquid regularly goes into the central tube in the clearomiser, giving it a bit of a burnt taste (which I rectified slightly by cutting up filter tips and pushing them in and out!). The battery needs to be pretty much fully charged to deliver a hit and the liquid gets used up extremely quickly. The hit used to be quite good but it's deteriorated, already, over the space of a few days.

Been a smoker since I was 13, usually get through a 25g of Golden Virginia in about 4-7 days, depending on how much I'm smoking that week.

Started on these 3 days ago, and I've had a total of 3 rollies in that time, which is incredible for me. Got the 12mg one, which satisfies my nicotine cravings, so when I do have a cig I never think "Christ, I've really needed this". It's obviously been nice to have (and I like the routine of rolling and smoking my own), but I haven't 'missed it'.

Tonight's the big test, though. On a night out, where I usually smoke about 10-15 in the space of 6-8 hours due to how pissed I am. I'll be taking enough baccy for 3 cigs or so, if I do crave that routine again when I'm pissed, but I'll be heavily depending on my vape.

Not so happy with Vype, but using e-cigs is a genuine option for me, which I didn't think would be the case a while back.

You need to spend a bit on a decent vape/mod mate. The one I have is the Sigelei 75watt. It's an excellent product, chrome finish and quite weighty in the hand, very easy to use, not too dissimilar in appearance to stara's.

I think I paid £45 for mine. But I've saved £50+ on cigarettes since I bought it already. You need a tank, batteries and a charger for the batteries. I think the total outlay was about £80ish or thereabouts. Try something like that Sigelei or similar mods. For me vaping is by far better than cigarettes, a better hit and more pleasurable.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2015, 12:26:49 pm »
That Electric Tobacconist always takes the piss delivering to me. Ordered on Wednesday and not here, and postman just been, so not until Monday now.

Ordered at 3pm yesterday, arrived 1 minute ago...must be where you live mate as they are always amazing for me, fifth consecutive order to arrive next day for me.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2015, 12:57:35 am »

Decent stuff anyway.

You need to spend a bit on a decent vape/mod mate. The one I have is the Sigelei 75watt. It's an excellent product, chrome finish and quite weighty in the hand, very easy to use, not too dissimilar in appearance to stara's.

I think I paid £45 for mine. But I've saved £50+ on cigarettes since I bought it already. You need a tank, batteries and a charger for the batteries. I think the total outlay was about £80ish or thereabouts. Try something like that Sigelei or similar mods. For me vaping is by far better than cigarettes, a better hit and more pleasurable.

As I said above mate, I prefer the longer looking ones, feel a bit weird toking out of the ones that look like those, just personal preference I suppose, but glad to see you're getting on well with it!

Night out last night, had my vape with me all night, didn't take any cigs/baccy out and didn't smoke whatsoever, only used my vape. Quite surprised, because when I'm pissed, I'm a smoking machine. Vype fucked up my order and the liquid doesn't arrive till Monday (ordered next day delivery on Thursday), so I'm almost all out however.

Had a cig this morning, and genuinely didn't want it after a while, felt a bit dirty, despite an obviously more satisfying hit. Big change in my mindset to smoking already and I'm quite surprised.

Offline trinityroad

• Main Stander
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2015, 10:16:11 pm »
Ordered at 3pm yesterday, arrived 1 minute ago...must be where you live mate as they are always amazing for me, fifth consecutive order to arrive next day for me.

In Birmingham. Not that arsed either way as long as they turn up tomorrow, free delivery so can't complain.

As I said above mate, I prefer the longer looking ones, feel a bit weird toking out of the ones that look like those, just personal preference I suppose, but glad to see you're getting on well with it!

Night out last night, had my vape with me all night, didn't take any cigs/baccy out and didn't smoke whatsoever, only used my vape. Quite surprised, because when I'm pissed, I'm a smoking machine. Vype fucked up my order and the liquid doesn't arrive till Monday (ordered next day delivery on Thursday), so I'm almost all out however.

Had a cig this morning, and genuinely didn't want it after a while, felt a bit dirty, despite an obviously more satisfying hit. Big change in my mindset to smoking already and I'm quite surprised.

Well done mate, same for me, I was surprised how good vaping is when you've had a beer as that is the one time I always struggled in the past. Longest I quit smoking for cold turkey was about six months but that was also with no alcohol, then when I had a drink, ended up smoking. I'm fine with this now.

NHS approved studies say they are 95-98% safer than cigarettes too.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2015, 10:29:43 pm »
In Birmingham. Not that arsed either way as long as they turn up tomorrow, free delivery so can't complain.

Well done mate, same for me, I was surprised how good vaping is when you've had a beer as that is the one time I always struggled in the past. Longest I quit smoking for cold turkey was about six months but that was also with no alcohol, then when I had a drink, ended up smoking. I'm fine with this now.

NHS approved studies say they are 95-98% safer than cigarettes too.

Nice one mate. For me, the act of blowing smoke out whilst being pissed is pretty much synonymous, so vaping definitely helps with that. Don't think I could go cold turkey, and this is a good substitute for that. I'll be honest, I had a cig today outside the train station - had a 40 minute wait - and that was more down to the fact that my routine for waiting for things usually involves going out and having a cigarette, in order to break it up slightly. I've got about 12.5g of baccy left in this pouch, but I'm hoping by the end of it, I won't have to buy another pouch again.

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2015, 08:57:54 am »
Not smoked a fag since January. Currently using an iTaste vv16 and VIP Original USA Tobacco. I just prefer it to cigs full stop.
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Offline paul211b

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: December 3, 2015, 11:24:38 am »
Well thats annoying.   

Having just applied for life insurance turns out that using an e-cig with no tobacco and no nicotine I am still classed as a smoker. 

Higher premium,  crazy.  Don't understand that at all.

Offline stara

• ra-boom-de-ay. RAWK's very own Dicktionary Corner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2015, 05:40:49 am »
I'll be damned. I'm siding with David Cameron on this one.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/12053828/David-Cameron-admits-he-has-battled-to-quit-smoking-with-relative-success.html

David Cameron has spoken of his "relatively successful" battle to give up smoking, as he says e-cigarettes are a 'legitimate' aid used by people to help break the habit.
50+1. Real FFP rules. Now.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2015, 11:12:58 am »
Well thats annoying.   

Having just applied for life insurance turns out that using an e-cig with no tobacco and no nicotine I am still classed as a smoker. 

Higher premium,  crazy.  Don't understand that at all.

A nicotine-free e-cig? 
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2015, 11:38:54 am »
Almost five months without a cig now.feel so much better for it.still occasionl. Using ecig,mainly whislt drinking.a godsend to be honest.delighted with myself
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2015, 03:13:07 pm »
A nicotine-free e-cig? 

Yeah. You can get liquid which contains no nicotine.

Just called 0mg vape.
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #52 on: January 4, 2016, 01:25:41 am »
Started off with the cheaper pens and quit for a few weeks, but fundamentally not a great experience and was too easy to slip. Decided to get a mod kit and it's absolutely brilliant, though a bit daunting at the start as you need to learn a fair bit to get the most out of it (which ohm coils, variable watt control etc.)

Lovely smooth 'smoking' experience, clouds of vapor with just a smidge of nicotine to combat the addiction. With the cheaper pens I was using 12-18mg cheap liquids and now I'm using 3mg more expensive stuff and it's miles better.

For anyone wanting to jump into the deeper end, here's a very simple way to get going

Grab the MVP 3.0 Pro kit, very well reviewed unit just check YouTube etc.
http://www.vapeclub.co.uk/vape-club-electronic-cigarette-starter-kits/innokin-itaste-mvp-3-0-pro-kit.html

You'll get everything you need:
The 'mod' itself
The tank (chamber where your liquid sits)
A drip tip
A coil

What is variable watt vaping?
When you 'vape' you can choose how many watts the mod will use, with the one above you can use anywhere from 6 to 60 watts. It will be down to personal preference what you prefer, the higher you go the more vape it will produce but will come with an increase in temperature. I like to sit at around 40 watts but everyone is different.

The coils themselves (along with the vape juice) is what you need to replace on a regular(ish) basis. You need to get coils that match the chamber, for the kit above you need coils for the iSub Tank:
http://www.vapeclub.co.uk/replacement-coils/innokin-isub-tank-replacement-coils.html

When you buy coils you will often get a choice of resistance which is measured in ohm. For the iSub tank supplied you can get coils that are rated as either 0.2ohm or 0.5ohm (which is what comes with the kit). These in turn will support a watt range, so if you want to vape at say 40 watts then you'd need a 0.2ohm coil as the 0.5ohm only supports up to 35 watts... they will still work but you'll damage the coil.

Though I wouldn't worry about that at the start, buy the kit and some juice  (this is nice: http://goo.gl/srB25o) and try it out. Just don't go over 35 watts with the supplied coil.

VG or PG juice?
When buying vape liquid you'll usually find a PG/VG ratio, the cut and dry of this is:

VG means a smoother smoke with more vapor
PG equals a more typical throat hit you'll be used to as a smoker

More information here: http://vaping360.com/pg-vs-vg-what-is-the-difference-and-what-should-i-use/

« Last Edit: January 4, 2016, 02:00:43 am by Kashinoda »
:D

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Waka

• negative fucker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2016, 05:59:50 pm »
BBC Horizon are doing a doc on vaping this Sunday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2016/horizon-returns

"More and more Britons are becoming regular e-cigarette users or ‘vapers’. These e-cigarettes are being hailed by some as the ultimate aid to quitting smoking, and by others as a new public health danger. Until now, the risks of smoking e-cigarettes are still widely unknown and, with regulations set to change next year, Horizon looks at the evidence out there, putting e-cigarettes to the test.

In this Horizon first, we will get the answers everyone has been waiting for. Presented by Michael Mosley he puts volunteers through a vaping experiment to explore the unanswered questions. What are e-cigarettes really doing to your health? Are they really better for you than cigarettes? What is actually in them? Is passive vapour harmful? And can they really stop you from smoking? And, just to see what all the fuss is about, Michael - a lifelong ‘non-smoker’ - even takes up the habit himself."

Might be worth a look

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2016, 10:08:31 pm »
So, come on, the million dollar question, does anyone have a friend who's used e-cigs for wacky backy?

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2016, 10:11:06 pm »
So, come on, the million dollar question, does anyone have a friend who's used e-cigs for wacky backy?

Would love to know how to
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2016, 10:16:57 pm »

"More and more Britons are becoming regular e-cigarette users or ‘vapers’. These e-cigarettes are being hailed by some as the ultimate aid to quitting smoking, and by others as a new public health danger. Until now, the risks of smoking e-cigarettes are still widely unknown and, with regulations set to change next year, Horizon looks at the evidence out there, putting e-cigarettes to the test.

A report was released recently by one of the big medical organisations (Royal College of Surgeons, or British Medical Council) saying e-cigs are 95% less harmful than tobacco and should be made available on the NHS. That'll do for me, don't get much more expert than that. Has convinced me to go over from baccy to e-cigs.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2016, 10:51:28 pm »
Would love to know how to
You can get 'dry herb tanks' on amazon. Mixed reviews about them....
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline CheshireDave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2016, 08:51:37 am »
Anyone encounter issues taking an vaporiser and bottle of liquid in hand luggage to fly?

Should I just stick the whole lot in a clear liquid bag? I presume you're allowed to fly with the battery on your person? rather than in a checked in bag.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2016, 09:45:11 am »
Anyone encounter issues taking an vaporiser and bottle of liquid in hand luggage to fly?

Should I just stick the whole lot in a clear liquid bag? I presume you're allowed to fly with the battery on your person? rather than in a checked in bag.

Just did this last week mate. Put the cig itself and my bottle of liquid In The plastic bag with my shampoo etc. had absolutely no questions either side. You should be fine.

Offline CheshireDave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2016, 10:05:51 am »
Just did this last week mate. Put the cig itself and my bottle of liquid In The plastic bag with my shampoo etc. had absolutely no questions either side. You should be fine.

That is reassuring. Thanks  :wave

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2016, 10:21:36 am »
Been using e-cigs bought over the counter for about 2.5 years now (Motives, E-Lites), think the reason I've stuck with them is because I told myself I was going to knock them on the head so no point paying for anything decent - this was obviously a lie, but have finally decided to upgrade. Absolutely sick to death of constantly having to change batteries on the little fuckers and frankly it's all becoming quite expensive buying the cartridges too!

Gone with a Jac Vapour Series E Stainless Steel Aero. Hoping this is should be a good starter kit to find my feet with. Anyone got one? Feedback good or bad?

Offline CheshireDave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2016, 10:49:29 am »

Gone with a Jac Vapour Series E Stainless Steel Aero. Hoping this is should be a good starter kit to find my feet with. Anyone got one? Feedback good or bad?

Looks decent.

I am using a Triton Mini atomizer tank system at the moment and not had any issues with leaking, spitting and it is a piece of piss to refill and clean. I think I am doing to go with a cylindrical battery next time though, like the one you posted about. I don't like the big chunky batteries. I think it is key to match vaporiser with the strength (in terms of nicotine content) of liquid you're planning on using. I use a low nicotine liquid so it goes with pretty much any system. Though if you're planning on using a higher nicotine content liquid you may find some systems will make it taste quite harsh.

Offline Dublin Red

• Jehova, Jehova, Jehova
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2016, 10:56:05 am »

No issues bringing through security. As said, put it in your plastic bag.

Only issue I encountered is that with the cabin pressure, the clearomiser leaked. So unless you plan on using it in the air, make sure your tank is empty.
What we achieve in life, echoes in eternity

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2016, 11:33:15 am »

My housemate got one a couple of months back. It set the fire alarm off though? Not really sure why... Gave it a go myself, didn't taste that good and didn't really give you a 'high', just a bit mellow I suppose. Not worth it, in my opinion. But there's probably better ones out there (he paid £45 for his).

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2016, 03:38:37 pm »
When I smoke I go outside the house, probably every hour or so. If I'm on the lash then prolly every half hour.

When I had an Ecig I just used to sit on the couch puffing on it all the time. Even when I'm not drinking it's difficult not to keep reaching for it constantly.

The first line exactly the same.

Offline reniformis

• Legacy Fan
  • Innocence and Arrogance Entwined
« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2016, 08:32:21 pm »
I've been a smoker since my uni days, around 20 years, 5-20 a day depending  on whether I'm working or out on the lash. I've tried the passing fads, nicotine patches, that stupid plastic pen with the cartridges, the early ecigs, all shite. As tech has moved on I thought I'd give it another go.

So I bought my first vape pen a month ago. I did a bit of research first and decided on the Innokin T18 starter kit, youtube reviewers praising it for its cig-like qualities, tight draw, vapour production, mouth-to-lung setup etc :

£17 from amazon (other tax-dodging corporate monoliths are available) plus £6 for 5 coils (they last me about a week each). It's been superb for what it is, which is a non-adjustable setup designed to mimic a cigarette experience. Basically I haven't had, or felt the need for, a real cig since the moment I picked it up. Last week I bought it's big brother, the T22 (£25). Exactly the same experience but a bigger tank (4ml v 2.5ml) and battery (2000mAh v 1000mAh) - although the coils are interchangeable:

So one for general use and one to slip in the pocket on a night out. Always nice to have a backup as well. The cost isn't a big deal because in that time I've probably saved about £150 on cigs.

As far as the juices go, I've spent about £50 over 4 weeks, mainly because I've been trying different flavours/strengths/compositions and about a third have been rank and got binned so that cost will come down. I've found that stuff I thought I'd like, I don't. Cinnamon, fruit, tobacco and confectionery flavours have all fallen by the wayside. I've found menthol ones have been the best for me, I'm looking at aniseed next in a sort of victory v/fisherman's friend way if I can find one. I've found that loads of interesting ones have a high VG content which I'm guessing is because of the prevalance of sub-ohm/direct lung hit people which isn't my thing, at this point anyway. Plus my gear isn't built for it, it would gunk up in no time. So 50/50 or higher PG. I tried 18mg nicotine first which was grand, then stepped down to 12mg but I'm finding I'm using it a lot more so may step back up and try using it less. I'm not sure the best way to taper off is though, trial and error I suppose.

All in all, I'm more than happy with how it's going.

The Past Is Only The Future With The Lights On

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: June 30, 2016, 09:20:42 pm »
It'll be a year mid July since I had a smoke thanks to my ecig. Since giving up I've done a tough mudder 12.5 miles.And I've taken up jogging. I couldn't run up the stairs without breathing difficulties when smoking . I feel better for it. Hadn't seen one of my mates for almost 10months and he instantly said how well I look. Told him I'd knocked the cities on the head and he said he could tell coz my face looked healthier 😁 I go running now three times a week. Two of them 10k runs. So delighted. Don't use it as much as I used to either
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: July 1, 2016, 09:29:41 am »

I also recently bought one of those Innokin ones from amazon but it was a cheap Chinese knockoff and I had to get a refund - they wanted me to pay more than the cost of the item to post it back to China :lmao got away with that one.

Still using my little Blu stick, I've got three batteries so it does OK.

Can I recommend Digby's Gunpowder for your aniseed needs mate? It's literally the only juice I use now, having been through many many different ones - I found ones that were 'milk' based like milkshake, capuccino, etc. the worst for me. This one is just perfect for me:

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2016, 12:17:40 am »
Upgraded from one of those pen style vapes to an innokin cool fire 4 this week. The whole sub ohm thing was new to me but having now used it all weekend doubt I'll go back to the pen style.
One big difference is the amount of vape juice used, bloody used loads this weekend. Any recommendations for decent and inexpensive on line vape juice sites?
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: August 22, 2016, 12:53:03 am »

https://www.namastevaporizers.co.uk/products/mighty-vaporizer   ;)
choose Life.

Offline CheshireDave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: August 22, 2016, 09:46:37 am »
I can count the amount of cigs I have had on one hand in the last 6 months or so since getting a decent vaporiser. I like the poster above have tried a whole range of flavours and settled on 6mg Heisenberg. It is like a fruity menthol flavour. It is so much cheaper than smoking. I spend £10 for 3 small bottles and they last a month and change the coil every 3 weeks or so. I think you’re meant to change it more frequently but I get literally no burning taste or anything. But I don’t have my battery turned up that high so perhaps that helps.

Has anyone noticed any negative health effects as a result of vaping? I did get a bit of a dry throat at first but quickly got over that.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2016, 07:12:37 pm »
Decided to finally give these a go. I've was a bit cynical about them when they came on the market, but the technology seems to have come on in leaps and bounds since then.
Just ordered a imecig G3 starter kit from amazon and a couple of Irish made juices (EirHorse) which I fear will be rank (one of them smells suspiciously like piss actually), but I suppose it will take a while to find juices I like.

Offline Wigwamdelbert

• Well wickidd, innit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: September 26, 2016, 12:29:51 pm »
Decided to finally give these a go. I've was a bit cynical about them when they came on the market, but the technology seems to have come on in leaps and bounds since then.
Just ordered a imecig G3 starter kit from amazon and a couple of Irish made juices (EirHorse) which I fear will be rank (one of them smells suspiciously like piss actually), but I suppose it will take a while to find juices I like.

I get by quite nicely on the 88Vape juices, B&M sell them for £1, Poundstretcher have a wider range of flavours, and sell them for 95p.
Every man has a dream

Some just can't be spoken of in polite company

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: September 26, 2016, 03:21:28 pm »
I need to knock it on the head and would like to try eCig since they seem to have come a long way from the early models. I've used other peoples ecigs but they didn't satisfy at all. I know they'll never satisfy like a real cig but I think if I found the right one it could get close. I'd like to find one that is as close to a cigarette as possible (though I guess everyone does?) strong hit/tobacco flavour. None of this vanilla cherry bollocks. Will take a further read through this thread but there's so many to choose from it's quite daunting, doesn't seem to be a consensus on the "best" models.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Wigwamdelbert

• Well wickidd, innit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: September 26, 2016, 03:27:00 pm »
I need to knock it on the head and would like to try eCig since they seem to have come a long way from the early models. I've used other peoples ecigs but they didn't satisfy at all. I know they'll never satisfy like a real cig but I think if I found the right one it could get close. I'd like to find one that is as close to a cigarette as possible (though I guess everyone does?) strong hit/tobacco flavour. None of this vanilla cherry bollocks. Will take a further read through this thread but there's so many to choose from it's quite daunting, doesn't seem to be a consensus on the "best" models.
Well, I wouldn't get carried away until you have tried a half decent one and gotten off the cigs, no point spending £40-60 on a vape and going straight back to the cigs. A Jomo Lite 65 from ebay will set you back about £20 and is a decent enough entry level, decent vapour output and variable. The tobacco "hit" is easy enough, just buy a tobacco flavour juice, I'm guessing you would want a heavy nicotine content to start with, 16 mg or so, then work your way down.
Every man has a dream

Some just can't be spoken of in polite company

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: September 27, 2016, 05:58:25 pm »
Got my new vape on Monday morning and holy fuck, it is brilliant. I haven't felt the urge to light a rolly since I got it and that has blown me away. Normally I'd be up the walls after a couple of days, but I'm not even arsed, I don't miss them at all. These are a total game changer for me. I'm absolutely stunned to be honest.

Started with a tobacco flavour (virginia) which was 1.1mg nicotine strength. After a few hits I was feeling a bit woozy from nic overdose. So went into town and got some 0.6mg strength which I reckon I'll stick with.
I find the fruity flavours a bit sickly sweet, I suppose it'll take a bit of trial and error before I find flavours I like. Got a few more samples on the way in different flavours. I'm hoping I can find something a bit more sophisticated than what feels like sucking on a bag of sweets. Got a tropical fruits/menthol one in there at the mo, which isn't bad.
I found the tobacco flavour ones I had a bit bleh, but I'm sure there are better ones out there than the ones I have. I'm not after a super strong flavour, just something with some subtle hints of this and that.
I can see myself using different flavours at different times of the day or even different times of the year. I might even get into mixing them to get them just right. Maybe even DIYing them if it helps save a few quid.

I think a lot of getting vapes working for you is down to being able to tweak the whole process until you get it just bang on. The starter kit I got (imecig G3, £23 pound on amazon) is pretty good, but I'm sure I can get a set up that works even better for me. I get a nice throat hit from it and plenty of vapor and flavour (1 ohm and 1.2 ohm coils come with it).
It's certainly been doing the job. I might look at a variable voltage model though, something with variable airflow too. Mines a mouth-to-lung only job, which works fine for me. Not sure I want to get into the whole sub-ohm, deep lung hit thing, though that might change. I'd like one that is a little smaller that I can carry about more easily too.

Honestly though, really made up that I gave these a go. Wish I'd done it sooner.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: September 27, 2016, 05:59:29 pm »
I get by quite nicely on the 88Vape juices, B&M sell them for £1, Poundstretcher have a wider range of flavours, and sell them for 95p.
cheers Paddy, I'll check them out.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: September 27, 2016, 06:07:36 pm »
Yeah, I was in the same boat mate. So many models on the market these days, I didnl;t know where to start. I just took the plunge with a starter kit and it's working well. Once you've tried one, you'll have a better idea of what you're after, as everyone is different and has different needs and preferences.
You could always find your nearest vape shop and just go in and try a few different models. You could try some different juices while you're at it. You won't regret it.