Author Topic: For REAL Relationship Issues. NOT your latest childish Tinder/Grindr FAIL!!!!!!!  (Read 552061 times)

Offline kaz1983

• "Bloody Memory Wavers" Currently in debt with RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well dunno what to say, honest
Re: Relationship issues.
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2013, 10:45:43 am »
If I have this correct, you live in UK and She is in Philippines? I know this is not the question you asked on here, but how do you see things working out. Do you plan to be apart a lot and to see her when you fly over there?

I'm in Australia, her the Philippines.

In my opinion mate, that's not the basis for a long term relationship. Ive also seen guys who move to SE Asia to be  with a girl and it often doesn't work out. There is your employment situation also, getting a job in SE Asia is not easy unless you are in certain industries. The other possibility is her moving to UK, again not easy, even if you marry her. 

Yep distance is a bitch I agree. But I was/am enjoying the travel, being in Oz a few months here and the Philippines a few months there. 50/50 split.

I'm lucky to have money to fall back on atm, so travelling is do able and in fact suits my life style atm.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 10:47:29 am by BMW »

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2013, 10:56:40 am »
Relationships are too much hard work

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2013, 11:01:01 am »
Each to their own, if you feel you can trust her again, and not bring it up in every argument/or you cheat on her and use it as an excuse,

Thats going to be the hardest part.
Can you honestly say  that you wont question where she has been, when she is late home form work, or not answering your calls or when for whatever myriad of reasons she is irritable with you that you wont question your relationship.If you can be honest and say "i have no doubts" then alls fine and dandy. but it will always be in the back of your mind. its how you deal with that that will make a difference.. i know i would not be able to.
and in bog standard RAWK Reply..

OUTBNHD..
JFT 96

Offline kaz1983

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2013, 11:35:02 am »
Relationships are too much hard work

A lot of truth there, I agree.. it's is it worth it,  is she worth.. etc etc, but I understand the sentiment tho'

Offline Caston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2013, 11:37:50 am »
A lot of truth there, I agree.. it's is it worth it,  is she worth.. etc etc, but I understand the sentiment tho'

Honestly my bird I have now gives me loads of stress, I swear women are crazy and I wonder is it even worth it?

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2013, 11:44:31 am »
Of course its worth it.Being in a loving caring happy relationship is one of the best things in the world. "Its not worth stress".If your partner is causing you stress your with the wrong person.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2013, 11:54:16 am »

OUTBNHD..

:lmao have not seen that on RAWK for a long time!!

Offline Caston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2013, 11:59:59 am »
Of course its worth it.Being in a loving caring happy relationship is one of the best things in the world. "Its not worth stress".If your partner is causing you stress your with the wrong person.

Well not stress... Just arguments over fuck all and thinking about it, it's ridiculous. I do sometimes consider things then it gets good again, until the next argument/row. Oh well

Offline kaz1983

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2013, 12:12:24 pm »
Honestly my bird I have now gives me loads of stress, I swear women are crazy and I wonder is it even worth it?

Well there is always living out life as buddhist monk? ... but seriously yeah it's a good question.

Offline kaz1983

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2013, 12:34:51 pm »
They're utterly pointless in truth

All they involve is texting, email, facebooking, and excessive shower masturbation

And the odd phone call saying "I miss you and can't wait to be with you baby", while you cry wank yourself to sleep after you hang up

I've done the long distance thing, twice. And both for long periods of time

Then I woke up and realized its nothing more than chasing a fairytale

I'd much rather bed a minger on a one night stand and blow my beans up her, than stare at a facebook picture and think

"only 4 more months to go until I hold her hand again". As if she's at home in her bed safe guarding her beaver for my impending arrival.

What utter bollox. Its easy to get caught up in romantic notions of grandeur. But lets face it, we all have urges, both male and female.

Yep there's truth in what you said. You have to be realistic and life isn't a fairy tale. Facebook, texting etc etc are all a false sense of reality - it make you feel closer a person than you are. It why I basing most of my thinking and what to do with the future etc etc .... on the times with her in June 2012 and the 6 months stay in the Philippines living with my girlfriend between Nov 2012 to May 2013 ... thats at the fore front of my thinking not the long distance relationship, Facebook - texting - emailing back and forth.... thats all bullshit at the end of the day, just make communication easier - too easy in many respects.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2013, 12:52:55 pm »
Some romantics on RAWK, nice to see. Nice rant about the word 'cheater' Macphisto!

It'll come down to one thing, how your mind plays out any scenario that involves her being away. Someone has already mentioned this. Maybe dealing with disloyalty has worked for some on here, but I think for a lot of guys, it's that one poisonous thought that will wither so many things away.

Obviously it's always nice if you could pick someone, who as their last level, their bottomest rung, still won't spread their legs to a foreign invader. Like say you're a driver, and on your worst level mentally and physically, you can drive you way home no problem. The challenge is finding one. It's a combination of culture, social habits, some romanticism and when it comes down it, bone-headedness ie being stubborn enough to get what you want (staying loyal) in the face of so much temptation, confusion or post argument.

Offline child-in-time

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2013, 01:00:57 pm »
Yep there's truth in what you said. You have to be realistic and life isn't a fairy tale. Facebook, texting etc etc are all a false sense of reality - it make you feel closer a person than you are. It why I basing most of my thinking and what to do with the future etc etc .... on the times with her in June 2012 and the 6 months stay in the Philippines living with my girlfriend between Nov 2012 to May 2013 ... thats at the fore front of my thinking not the long distance relationship, Facebook - texting - emailing back and forth.... thats all bullshit at the end of the day, just make communication easier - too easy in many respects.
Did she say when exactly the misstep happened, if I may ask? If it happened after the 6 months spent with you, I would be inclined to think she is not worth it.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Offline kaz1983

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2013, 01:21:12 pm »
Did she say when exactly the misstep happened, if I may ask? If it happened after the 6 months spent with you, I would be inclined to think she is not worth it.

Yes it did and I could understand you thinking that she isn't worth it because of that. I've thought that myself. The flip side is I wasn't there for her to talk to about the letter, it happened a month after I left. We weren't able to sit down together and talk about things, at the time. That said she did tell me about everything that happened, I didn't have to find out from a 3rd party. It's a tricky one.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2013, 01:31:29 pm »
You've just went on about how communication is easier because of phones/internet etc and it makes you feel closer, yet, you're willing to reason her sleeping with someone else on the fact that you weren't there and she couldn't speak to you?

Unless you were in a cave and completely unreachable when she found this letter, there's no excuse. Stop making them for her. She could've called you and had it out with you, but she didn't, she kept it quiet and went and slept with someone else.

I think really this is all convenient for you, you like the travel and getting away, but you also don't seem to mind being in a different country to her for 6 months. If you can't envisage ever living with her permanently or her living with you in Aus, then admit that it's a relationship of convenience and you're willing to let this go because you don't really see a future anyway.

Offline kaz1983

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2013, 03:02:58 pm »
You've just went on about how communication is easier because of phones/internet etc and it makes you feel closer, yet, you're willing to reason her sleeping with someone else on the fact that you weren't there and she couldn't speak to you?

Nah I said it's easier, too easy in fact... by that I meant its all just pointless, meaningless talk dressed up to look meaningful.

Besides I'm not giving her excuses or reasons as to why this happened.

Unless you were in a cave and completely unreachable when she found this letter, there's no excuse. Stop making them for her. She could've called you and had it out with you, but she didn't, she kept it quiet and went and slept with someone else.

Well I wasn't and I agree there is no excuse nor am making them for her. As for talking about it all at the time, well we did but she was vocal about how she felt. I'm just in the process of letting it sink - what has happened and taking the next step - weighing shit up .. kinda somewhere in between, hell I may sound completely nuts and not thinking clear. Anyway just talking about it helps.

I think really this is all convenient for you, you like the travel and getting away, but you also don't seem to mind being in a different country to her for 6 months.

If you can't envisage ever living with her permanently or her living with you in Aus, then admit that it's a relationship of convenience and you're willing to let this go because you don't really see a future anyway.

Wrong. That line of think applies to some individuals no doubt, I agree. I'd like to think there is more to our relationship than her postcode and that I don't mind travelling. If not there is no point.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 03:04:30 pm by BMW »

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2013, 03:21:17 pm »
So, you'd go and live there permanently? Would she move to Aus?

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2013, 04:30:24 pm »

In what way does she stress you out?
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2013, 04:34:09 pm »
Hmm, have you considered the fact of literally how ridiculously easy it is to lie over the internet, phone, or anything else involving communications over a long distance? Believe me, the more you dig, the more you might find something else out. In a average relationship, you get clues and hints from body language, friends and family etc. "So, who were you with last night. Why didn't you come to meet me? Is that so? Bollocks, I spoke to so and so, and they tell me you were with such and such." etc, you get what I mean. Easier to catch someone out. Over a distance, not so much.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2013, 09:16:45 pm »
Yes it did and I could understand you thinking that she isn't worth it because of that. I've thought that myself. The flip side is I wasn't there for her to talk to about the letter, it happened a month after I left. We weren't able to sit down together and talk about things, at the time. That said she did tell me about everything that happened, I didn't have to find out from a 3rd party. It's a tricky one.

Personally I'd walk away from it. Shes cheated on you because she thought you'd done something, without even asking you about it. What happens the next time she thinks you've done something, is she going to cheat again?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2013, 09:40:25 pm »
Bin her off
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline kaz1983

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2013, 01:41:04 am »
Well cheers for the mix of advice, it all helps .. umm yeah I'm just gonna let this settle down before anything is said or done.

Offline kaz1983

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2013, 01:45:54 am »
So, you'd go and live there permanently? Would she move to Aus?

I have a mate who lives there 10 months of the year, popping back to the UK 6 weeks/2 months every year to see family/sort stuff out.. spends most of his time in the PI.

Regardless of this, I'm thinking something like that I'd like. Mate lives in Thailand, spends pretty much all his time -coming back to Oz when needed, here and there.

Offline Seebab

• hit that post. We winced.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2013, 03:43:01 am »

All they involve is texting, email, facebooking, and excessive shower masturbation

And the odd phone call saying "I miss you and can't wait to be with you baby", while you cry wank yourself to sleep after you hang up

I'd much rather bed a minger on a one night stand and blow my beans up her, than stare at a facebook picture and think

"only 4 more months to go until I hold her hand again". As if she's at home in her bed safe guarding her beaver for my impending arrival.

What utter bollox. Its easy to get caught up in romantic notions of grandeur. But lets face it, we all have urges, both male and female.

I've been going at it for 2 years and I don't agree with you. I've never had the urge and she hasn't either. The few times I have been with my missus are worth all the waiting. Why are you on about looking at facebook photos? I speak with her once a day on skype while I'm away and never felt what you felt. Yes, you miss the other person but I tend to look at the bright side and think "yeah, she's not with me but right now is a good time to do things that I won't be able to do while I'm with her so I'll get them done now". My relationship with my other half hasn't been stronger than it is now. I guess some people just aren't meant to do it. 
Some folks are born into a good life
Other folks get it anyway anyhow

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2013, 03:53:24 am »

Innit, basically you are conducting a relationship with various electrical appliances. Its ultimately pointless unless you at least end up living in the same postcode as each other.

Don't buy that once a cheat line tho to be fair. Everyone is capable of cheating, its just human nature, right or wrong circumstances, human weakness it happens. Just not that black and white, lots of shades of grey. We are constantly evolving socially and emotionally, everything we experience changes us. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not the same person I was even a year ago. So, would I always do the same thing when presented with a particular situation, maybe, maybe not, cant say.

If someone cheats in one relationship, are they forever a cheat in every relationship they have after that? Of course not. Its not if someone is or was a cheat, the issue is trust. Can you live with the person who broke your trust or is that little seed of doubt going to always be there, is the relationship forever tainted.

Trust isn't something you just freely give out, it has to be built, so in turn its something that can be rebuilt with time and effort if you want to.

This particular situation just sounds like the odds and complexities are myriad. However, its a simple yes or no, you want to be with her or not. If its a yes, then you work it all out, you get your head round it, you accept it, get the fuck past it and get on with life.

If you want us to decide, should of put in a poll, then abide by the poll, simple, the decision is out of your hands.

Do you want to be told to fuck her off? Ok fuck her, she is a cheating skank, she did it once, she will deffo do it again, nailed on.

Or do you want to forgive her? Ok forgive her, she didn't mean it, we all make mistakes, not worth losing her for a moment of madness.

Point is it doesn't matter what advice any of us give based on what you tell us, only you know what you want and need to do, so do it.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline kaz1983

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2013, 05:30:15 am »
Innit, basically you are conducting a relationship with various electrical appliances. Its ultimately pointless unless you at least end up living in the same postcode as each other.

Don't buy that once a cheat line tho to be fair. Everyone is capable of cheating, its just human nature, right or wrong circumstances, human weakness it happens. Just not that black and white, lots of shades of grey. We are constantly evolving socially and emotionally, everything we experience changes us. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not the same person I was even a year ago. So, would I always do the same thing when presented with a particular situation, maybe, maybe not, cant say.

If someone cheats in one relationship, are they forever a cheat in every relationship they have after that? Of course not. Its not if someone is or was a cheat, the issue is trust. Can you live with the person who broke your trust or is that little seed of doubt going to always be there, is the relationship forever tainted.

Trust isn't something you just freely give out, it has to be built, so in turn its something that can be rebuilt with time and effort if you want to.

This particular situation just sounds like the odds and complexities are myriad. However, its a simple yes or no, you want to be with her or not. If its a yes, then you work it all out, you get your head round it, you accept it, get the fuck past it and get on with life.

If you want us to decide, should of put in a poll, then abide by the poll, simple, the decision is out of your hands.

Do you want to be told to fuck her off? Ok fuck her, she is a cheating skank, she did it once, she will deffo do it again, nailed on.

Or do you want to forgive her? Ok forgive her, she didn't mean it, we all make mistakes, not worth losing her for a moment of madness.

Point is it doesn't matter what advice any of us give based on what you tell us, only you know what you want and need to do, so do it.

I agree. The '' the odds and complexities are myriad.'' but it's a simple yes or no at the end of the day. As for a poll I'm pretty sure ''get rid'' would leading the way.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #65 on: August 30, 2013, 06:08:57 am »
Don't buy that once a cheat line tho to be fair.

Good post that mate. You made a lot of good points.

You are right when you say that everyone is capable of cheating. And as I said in my earlier post, we all have urges, be you male or female. Temptation is always around us. And at the end of the day, no human being is perfect. We all make mistakes. I remember we had a similar thread to this on here about a year back. I remember posting something along the lines of "there's a cheat in all of us, its just a matter of time before it comes out, unless you're one of the lucky ones who can resist when that moment of temptation is staring you right in the face". Some manage it, others don't.

A lot of the "I'd never cheat on my loved one" brigade gave me stick for that post. But here's the funny thing. You can play the "I'd never cheat on my loved one" card all you like. But the truth is, the resoluteness of your loyalty can often be usurped when you least expect it. Like I said, we're human. We're prone to fuck ups. Case in point: I was with the same girl from the age of fifteen until I was in my mid twenties. I was engaged to her at 22. I was utterly convinced that I'd never ever cheat on her. But low and behold it happened. I fucked up

Now if you had said to me the night before I cheated on her "would you ever cheat on your missus?" I would have given you the most convincing and resounding adamant answer of no. Because I had absolutely no intent of ever doing something like that to her. I had zero intention of ever doing anything behind her back. My intent was to marry her. But alas, 24 hours later I ended up doing something that I never envisioned would happen. I came a cropper. I cheated on her. Never saw it coming. Never planned it or intended on doing it. But you can't unscramble eggs

Looking back, if you were to ask me now "why did you do it?", I can't honestly say I could give you a valid or justified excusable answer. Temptation got the better of me. When I LEAST expected it. I still regret what I did to this day. She "forgave me", and we still stay friends to this day. But I can't honestly blame her for not marrying me in the end. I violated the trust. And once that happens, no matter how hard you try to ignore it, it will always be a strain on the relationship. Hence its best to get out of it IMO.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 06:15:41 am by Billy The Kid. »
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #66 on: August 30, 2013, 07:36:05 am »
Id never cheat on my girlfriend. Thats not to say the opportunity wont arise , thats not to say i wont be tempted but the fact is, i cant get it up... ;)
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: August 30, 2013, 12:00:28 pm »

You're most likely with the wrong woman then. It really shouldn't be a matter of stress to be with someone and if it is a matter of stress, I'm afraid you're with the wrong person.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Caston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: August 30, 2013, 12:03:19 pm »
You're most likely with the wrong woman then. It really shouldn't be a matter of stress to be with someone and if it is a matter of stress, I'm afraid you're with the wrong person.

Stress was the wrong word.. was just talking about arguments which every relationship will have

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: August 30, 2013, 12:04:28 pm »
Stress was the wrong word.. was just talking about arguments which every relationship will have

I see, fair enough. Best of luck with things then.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Roady

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: August 30, 2013, 03:14:20 pm »
I think everyone argues once in a while. But if your doing it on a regular basis i would argue your with the wrong person.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #71 on: August 30, 2013, 07:09:06 pm »
I agree. The '' the odds and complexities are myriad.'' but it's a simple yes or no at the end of the day. As for a poll I'm pretty sure ''get rid'' would leading the way.
Ah well it is. See we could to a man and a few women, tell you walk away. But you are only going to do that if that's what you really want.

I would suggest your verbalising and bouncing it off everyone here is your attempt to make sense of how you feel, standing back looking at it all, which is extremely normal and healthy. Once again though, our perspectives vary due to our own personal experiences. More than a few have been cheated on and so aren't willing to forgive and forget that kind of hurt.

Basically, how do you feel, do you want to take the risk, put it behind you and get on with her or cut your losses and walk away? Stay or go, yes or no. I would say that you asking about and talking it through suggests you are looking for reasons to stay with her and make it work or you would just of walked away the second you heard it.

Good post that mate. You made a lot of good points.

You are right when you say that everyone is capable of cheating. And as I said in my earlier post, we all have urges, be you male or female. Temptation is always around us. And at the end of the day, no human being is perfect. We all make mistakes. I remember we had a similar thread to this on here about a year back. I remember posting something along the lines of "there's a cheat in all of us, its just a matter of time before it comes out, unless you're one of the lucky ones who can resist when that moment of temptation is staring you right in the face". Some manage it, others don't.

A lot of the "I'd never cheat on my loved one" brigade gave me stick for that post. But here's the funny thing. You can play the "I'd never cheat on my loved one" card all you like. But the truth is, the resoluteness of your loyalty can often be usurped when you least expect it. Like I said, we're human. We're prone to fuck ups. Case in point: I was with the same girl from the age of fifteen until I was in my mid twenties. I was engaged to her at 22. I was utterly convinced that I'd never ever cheat on her. But low and behold it happened. I fucked up

Now if you had said to me the night before I cheated on her "would you ever cheat on your missus?" I would have given you the most convincing and resounding adamant answer of no. Because I had absolutely no intent of ever doing something like that to her. I had zero intention of ever doing anything behind her back. My intent was to marry her. But alas, 24 hours later I ended up doing something that I never envisioned would happen. I came a cropper. I cheated on her. Never saw it coming. Never planned it or intended on doing it. But you can't unscramble eggs

Looking back, if you were to ask me now "why did you do it?", I can't honestly say I could give you a valid or justified excusable answer. Temptation got the better of me. When I LEAST expected it. I still regret what I did to this day. She "forgave me", and we still stay friends to this day. But I can't honestly blame her for not marrying me in the end. I violated the trust. And once that happens, no matter how hard you try to ignore it, it will always be a strain on the relationship. Hence its best to get out of it IMO.

That's the thing, until you face it, you cant know what you will do. Its that thing of "a man is only as faithful as his options" or rather people are, very few who actually do set out with the intention of doing so, its often something which just happens. Like say you work with someone, you're attracted to each other and then circumstance puts you in a position where you are able to act on it. It just happens and you cant resist temptation.

If it does happen it can often be a signal that the relationship isn't really rock solid, it certainly isn't afterwards. Even if the person who did it doesn't get caught they know they did it, they know they cant be trusted, so the foundations are starting to rot away. Very often once its broken, no matter who broke it, its best to just walk away.

But then everyone and every situation is different. I'd often advocate walking away. But then I've had it happen to me and I still think about her, deep down the feelings for her have never really changed, its akin to addiction and something I never had with anyone else. Plus, time does allow you come to terms with lots of things, so given the chance I possibly would go back, because life with, even flawed is different to life without.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #72 on: September 2, 2013, 09:52:20 pm »
I'm starting to wonder if relationships are really worth it

Whenever I start to fall for someone, something happens that ends up taking them away from me

Fucking gutted. Again :(

Offline Mouth

• Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #73 on: September 3, 2013, 02:55:35 am »
I'm starting to wonder if relationships are really worth it

Whenever I start to fall for someone, something happens that ends up taking them away from me

Fucking gutted. Again :(
Being a commitmentphobe has its drawbacks as well.

You'll be alright and get back on it, after a suitable period of introspection and crywanking.

Offline Mouth

• Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #74 on: September 3, 2013, 03:24:39 am »
Spiderman her Pep.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: September 3, 2013, 03:25:57 am »
:lmao

Helpful, as ever!

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #76 on: September 3, 2013, 04:06:00 am »
Just the other day her saying 'I feel committed but at the same time I don't' and 'I don't like us being so serious' really did fuck me off.

So you know she cheated on you. And you know she cheated on her ex. So right off the bat, her supposed dislike of cheating doesn't really hold much weight? Does it? Hence I'd be wary if I were you. I've been with girls like that. You'll never have absolute trust. You may connect with her, but trust will prove elusive. As for her comment about her not liking being serious with you. Let me translate that for you. What she is basically saying is that she's content being with you for now. But she's very much intent on keeping her options open.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: September 3, 2013, 04:35:01 am »
So you know she cheated on you. And you know she cheated on her ex. So right off the bat, her supposed dislike of cheating doesn't really hold much weight? Does it? Hence I'd be wary if I were you. I've been with girls like that. You'll never have absolute trust. You may connect with her, but trust will prove elusive. As for her comment about her not liking being serious with you. Let me translate that for you. What she is basically saying is that she's content being with you for now. But she's very much intent on keeping her options open.

Have to say I agree with you. I've felt all that recently, but I'm just going to see where this goes right now. Wary though, as you said.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #78 on: September 3, 2013, 04:52:38 am »
Have to say I agree with you. I've felt all that recently, but I'm just going to see where this goes right now. Wary though, as you said.

You need to start giving attention to other females. You don't necessarily have to flirt with them full on in front of her. Just give enough attention to let her know that all of your eggs aren't in her basket. The single biggest mistake you can make is letting her think that she is the only one on your horizon. 

Offline Roady

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: September 3, 2013, 09:19:19 am »
You need to start giving attention to other females. You don't necessarily have to flirt with them full on in front of her. Just give enough attention to let her know that all of your eggs aren't in her basket. The single biggest mistake you can make is letting her think that she is the only one on your horizon. 

or you could just not get involved in games. Tell her how you feel if she cant commit bin her off.Havent got time for games myself whats the point? You shouldnt have to keep her on her toes or anything.The fact she has said what he did proves she isnt really that bothered and will cheat on you.Id walk away immediately if someone said that to me.There really is no point.Relationships should not have to be hard work it should be easy and fun and you should feel committed and comfortable.Whats the point if your not or she isnt? I just would not stick with a woman if she said that to me..Its a bit like saying, your my safety blanket but ill always be up for taking a lad back when i get the opportunity.Absolutely pointless.