Author Topic: LFC Opinion Survey w/ RESULTS (85% Pro-Rafa)  (Read 18297 times)

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
Re: LFC Opinion Survey
« Reply #120 on: April 13, 2010, 05:32:49 pm »
one or two problems are you trying to find out who has the most patience or wisdom because of age, because i have met some brilliant young fans and some old idiots, it doesn't follow and is a massive generalisation, polls are only good if the questions are pertinent and not looking for an obvious correlation of answers,

So in the scheme of things can you explain why age and nationality has any bearing on the way people may judge the manager of this club!
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Cid

• Licks cuban heeled shoes but doesn't want anyone to know about it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #121 on: April 13, 2010, 05:43:39 pm »
I dont see what will come out of this poll, the results are clearly leaning towards more  older, really loyal fans supporting rafa more,  however it may mean they are too emotionally involved to see things obejectively( this is my opinion and how I explain rafa support) or it may mean newer fans are idiots, I think the poll should have included more questions, I study sociology and know a thing or two about polling ;).

Indeed, any result will be open to interpretation so the various agendas will continue to run riot.

Gratiude for what he has done shown after he is gone is fine.  Posts like this are more like handing him his coat than showing him support.

So you are saying you can't be grateful for his work and also want a new manager?  You're just plain wrong.

The only reason to sack a manager is if you have someone in mind who can do the job better.

There are any number of managers who could do the job, I honestly don't care which one we end up with so long as it's a big enough name to attract players and so long as he has a plan for us to stay at the top and not just oversee the decline.  Rafa can't keep us up there, if you conclude anything from this season it should be that.  Our best players are ageing and injury prone, and the manager himself now admits he can't do much without a serious cash injection.  Are the players good enough to recapture top 4?  I say yes, but not the way Rafa uses them.

What we need is a reason to be optimistic, we need fresh ideas and a willingness to go into matches looking to destroy the opposition rather than contain them.  We clearly need some tweaks to our training methods which leave players tired and injured for whole seasons, and we need someone who will get the best out of the players here.

Even Rafa's supporters often say they want him to learn a lesson from bad matches, or change the way we set out, they want him to change, but they know in their heart of hearts he can't, Rafa is a resolute man who will not change his ways until the day he retires.

Many think of Rafa as a tactical genius, and he is, in europe, but he isn't in the league and that is where we need to focus now if we're to remain a big club.  European success hinges on league success, and if Rafa can no longer compete in the league, that is the crux of the matter for me.

He isn't a canny buyer in the transfer market, and since we have drawn a complete blank in that area for a couple years now I hardly see how a new manager could do worse.  At the very least they could bring in some players with established loyalty as all new managers do.  If things miraculously turn around and money appears, again there are a number of managers capable of doing a superb job, can you honestly say Rafa would make us into a superb team with 50m, or 100m? Or would we all be scratching our heads again while Villa plays out on the wing ahead of a 6 man defense? (assuming Villa gets on the pitch ahead of kuyt).

Rafa was exactly what we needed after Houllier and he did a great job in his time here, he made us a force to be reckoned with in europe and cemented our status as a top 4 club until city upped the ante.  Regardless of your opinion on the management situation, we should all acknowledge that.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 06:12:16 pm by Cid »

Offline lachesis

• RAWK Scribe
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • МАРКСИСТ
« Reply #122 on: April 13, 2010, 06:23:44 pm »
United Kingdom is quite a big area mate. Should have done country, state/district

hoonin

« Reply #123 on: April 13, 2010, 06:57:55 pm »
United Kingdom is quite a big area mate. Should have done country, state/district

It's probably a pre-loaded set of standard countries?

Offline Keens

• Kopite
  • Thanks for the memories Rafa!
« Reply #124 on: April 13, 2010, 07:06:05 pm »
Yes
26-35
"I think I have said it before, but there is no one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club....." - Kenny Dalglish

Offline Keens

• Kopite
  • Thanks for the memories Rafa!
« Reply #125 on: April 13, 2010, 07:07:10 pm »
Question: Is "TLW" considered a Liverpool forum, because if you forward the link there, that WILL skew the results?
"I think I have said it before, but there is no one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club....." - Kenny Dalglish

Offline adlad

• Kopite
« Reply #126 on: April 13, 2010, 07:15:09 pm »

Correct!

Question: Is "TLW" considered a Liverpool forum, because if you forward the link there, that WILL skew the results?

If it's a site with more Liverpool fans to increase the sample size, then sure.

Currently I'm fiddling with the reporting tools that are available to me with my QuestionPro evaluation period account. I'm looking to publish the results tonight, and it would be nice to get over the 1k responses mark (currently at 773).

Offline lachesis

• RAWK Scribe
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • МАРКСИСТ
« Reply #127 on: April 13, 2010, 07:16:23 pm »

Yeah but theres usually like a second box you can include that can changes depending on the first country you pick. I'm guessing the majority of fans are UK/ROI based so it might as well just have been left out. Not that it ultimately matters like.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: April 13, 2010, 07:17:04 pm »
How does one get the result of the poll?
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #129 on: April 13, 2010, 07:19:08 pm »
Done
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline damian

• Gregory Peck's scared of me. So is cling film. Too inept to swallow a tiddly (wink) ;) Likes the idea of straps.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: April 13, 2010, 07:28:31 pm »
Yes
26-35
RIP 97 - You'll Never Be Forgotten, You'll Never Walk Alone.

JUSTICE FOR THE 97 - Don't Buy The S*n

Online Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
« Reply #131 on: April 13, 2010, 07:40:28 pm »

Where is the 'We're not English we are Scouse' option?

Offline adlad

• Kopite
Re: LFC Opinion Survey w/ RESULTS (85% Pro-Rafa)
« Reply #132 on: April 13, 2010, 10:19:14 pm »
Opening post updated with results. Thanks to all who have taken part so far :).

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #133 on: April 13, 2010, 10:28:37 pm »
Opening post updated with results. Thanks to all who have taken part so far :).
The conclusion I'd disagree with is that on the demographics; I don't think that you have statistical accuracy to distinguish between the results for UK and non-UK voters (I suspect that the statistical error is on the few % scale for this many replies).

Study bias aside, I am surprised that the older the fans the more discontent they are with Benites.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #134 on: April 13, 2010, 10:35:37 pm »
brilliant idea for a thread and what an excellent response to our unofficial leader fat scouser's original post.

i'm irish, i'm 40 and i don't want the big man to go. 

if he MUST go i would like mourinho as i can bury any residual angst about someone who has sometimes done well against us.

he has charisma, is good with the press and he is a winner but i don't want to be equivocal in any way: RAFA IS THE MAN FOR US.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 10:41:53 pm by Gareth »

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #135 on: April 13, 2010, 10:36:36 pm »
of course the next breakdown should be around geographical radiance to anfield:

scouse, wool, oot though not necessarily in that order.

oot and proud.

always.

Online exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #136 on: April 13, 2010, 10:40:26 pm »
85%!!!

So that means that it is only 15% of RAWKites who log on after a poor performance to add to a 23142 page thread about Rafa and his tactics.

Yet if we win 85% of RAWKites can only muster a 5 page post game thread.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline adlad

• Kopite
« Reply #137 on: April 13, 2010, 10:42:27 pm »
The conclusion I'd disagree with is that on the demographics; I don't think that you have statistical accuracy to distinguish between the results for UK and non-UK voters (I suspect that the statistical error is on the few % scale for this many replies).

Study bias aside, I am surprised that the older the fans the more discontent they are with Benites.

You're right, the confidence level for the % of overseas Rafa supporters is probably only about 90%, and preferably I'd be looking for about 95%. If it reaches the 95% mark and this result changes, I will amend the OP accordingly.

Offline adlad

• Kopite
« Reply #138 on: April 13, 2010, 10:46:10 pm »
I just updated the live results link in the OP, as it was incorrect. The correct link is HERE.

Offline RedMarko

• Master arsonist and goat hater
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • TW42 now!!
« Reply #139 on: April 13, 2010, 10:51:46 pm »
I want to know who is the user in Benin! Don't think I've ever spoken to someone in Benin. Or El Salvador!!

If the trend continues, there is no major difference to be seen between the age groups. Nor is it a material difference between geographical location (UK vs non-UK...)

Still not sure if it counts for a huge amount, Still think it'd be better without this threads comments!

Offline RedMarko

• Master arsonist and goat hater
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • TW42 now!!
« Reply #140 on: April 13, 2010, 10:53:47 pm »
85%!!!

So that means that it is only 15% of RAWKites who log on after a poor performance to add to a 23142 page thread about Rafa and his tactics.

Shame the anti-Rafatarians can't conserve their e-breath a bit :P

Kwalitee over quantity :)

Offline Refo

• ree! How art thee?!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: April 13, 2010, 10:55:11 pm »
85%!!!

well to be fair like 70% of the posts on those threads are by Rafa fans saying how much they are pissed off at how many rafa bashers there are.
I'm liking this Refo-fella. Wanna adopt?

Offline Smug Cassandra

• outh strikes again :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Siempre Liverpool Siempre River Plate
« Reply #142 on: April 13, 2010, 10:56:07 pm »
It seems to me that the vast majority of ex pros that are now pundits think Rafa should go.

Its kind of their job to stir and create issues when there arent any but it seems to be a big movement of qualified people that think he should go.
! LIVERPOOL - EN LAS MALAS - MUCHO MAS !

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #143 on: April 13, 2010, 10:57:01 pm »
It seems to me that the vast majority of ex pros that are now pundits think Rafa should go.

Its kind of their job to stir and create issues when there arent any but it seems to be a big movement of qualified people that think he should go.
What makes them qualified? Take Ronnie Whelan, great player sure but what qualifies him to comment on a manager's job given he was an abject failure himself?

Offline Smug Cassandra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: April 13, 2010, 10:59:06 pm »
What makes them qualified?

Good question. But having played the game and making a living from the game makes them quite qualified.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #145 on: April 13, 2010, 11:00:42 pm »
Good question. But having played the game and making a living from the game makes them quite qualified.

Playing and managing are two very different aspects of the game.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Smug Cassandra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: April 13, 2010, 11:02:47 pm »
Playing and managing are two very different aspects of the game.
Yep but having an opinion based on a career in the game is by definition provides some kind of qualification. Its an observation from consuming LOTS of media whether its right or wrong is up to your own thoughts.

royhendo

« Reply #147 on: April 13, 2010, 11:03:09 pm »
You know what? People might slag you off but hats off to you mate - if more people made this kind of effort we'd know more.

I did think it was a survey from the official site though and was just being nosey when I popped in. :)

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #148 on: April 13, 2010, 11:03:19 pm »

Rafa never played the game at the highest level

Yet he has won things as a manager at the highest level

You shouldn't confuse footballing ability with footballing know how. Theres a world of difference
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #149 on: April 13, 2010, 11:07:08 pm »
I think they're qualified to comment on the play they're seeing (though some are pretty clueless on that too) but there are very few ex-Liverpool players I'd say are qualified to criticise Rafa from a position of knowledge and more importantly experience. Kenny being one, and as we know he is very pro-Rafa.

Interesting ones being Thommo and John Barnes who haven't quite made it as big time managers but are very supportive of Rafa. They know the game, they know the club, they know the man. Frankly I'd rather listen to a pundit who's never even played football's views than listen to those of Whelan, Houghton, McMahon, Collymore, Souness and recently Mark Wright. They all, sadly, peddle the usual cliches about money spent without bothering with context and basic research.

Anyone know Toshack and Keegan's views on Rafa?

Offline Smug Cassandra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: April 13, 2010, 11:07:17 pm »
Rafa never played the game at the highest level

Yet he has won things as a manager at the highest level

You shouldn't confuse footballing ability with footballing know how. Theres a world of difference
Rafa didnt go from zero to managing Valencia he worked in football before he got that job.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #151 on: April 13, 2010, 11:07:37 pm »

gary megson qualifies in that case is he qualified to talk about rafa?

what you have to remember about pundits they are like journos they have their paymaster to tell them what to say and how to slant it and they will be replaced if they go against the party line!
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline smurfinaus

• Legacy Fan
  • Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to <insert location> we go :P
« Reply #152 on: April 13, 2010, 11:08:32 pm »
Done
Yes >40 (haha)

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #153 on: April 13, 2010, 11:14:54 pm »
I think they're qualified to comment on the play they're seeing (though some are pretty clueless on that too) but there are very few ex-Liverpool players I'd say are qualified to criticise Rafa from a position of knowledge and more importantly experience. Kenny being one, and as we know he is very pro-Rafa.

The thing is, anyone who's played the game at the level that Whelan, Souness, Collymore, etc, have is far more qualified to talk about the situation at Liverpool than any of us on RAWK are.  So to dismiss their views because of a lack of managerial success means that you're going to have to dismiss the views of anyone on RAWK you might agree with too.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #154 on: April 13, 2010, 11:16:02 pm »
The thing is, anyone who's played the game at the level that Whelan, Souness, Collymore, etc, have is far more qualified to talk about the situation at Liverpool than any of us on RAWK are.  So to dismiss their views because of a lack of managerial success means that you're going to have to dismiss the views of anyone on RAWK you might agree with too.
Sorry but that's absolute garbage.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #155 on: April 13, 2010, 11:16:26 pm »
Sorry but that's absolute garbage.

How so?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #156 on: April 13, 2010, 11:17:08 pm »

Bull.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #157 on: April 13, 2010, 11:17:14 pm »
How so?
I explained that in the post you quoted half of?

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #158 on: April 13, 2010, 11:18:03 pm »
Rafa didnt go from zero to managing Valencia he worked in football before he got that job.

I know that

But he never worked his way to the top as a footballer, whereas he did as a manager

And thats kind of like, my point

There are many so called pundits in the media (many of whom are ex professional footballers who won things at the highest level) that would get absolutely skull fucked if they actually sat down face to face with Rafa and discussed purely "football". If they were all in the same league as Rafa, then they wouldn't be sat in a TV studio spouting shite, or scribbling ill-thought out bollox in a side column for some red topped fucking rag
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #159 on: April 13, 2010, 11:19:06 pm »
Done.
Y.N.W.A.