Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
You said you don't think he's got the touch to play a 10. He does. Xhaka is a great player at the moment but no, they wouldn't and shouldn't be playing the same roles.

I wouldn't want him LW either but I'm just trying to explain where he was playing so well and why we bought him in the first place. It was not as an 8. Klopp for all his brilliance has misused him greatly.

Lastly on hitting 10 league goals. He joined us at 22(!). 33 G/A for club and country last season. And with having one of the best shots in the league, he'll score loads more in the right positions.

You’re still on this? He’s not a wide forward in our system. Which means he’s an 8. 8s are our attacking midfielders in many ways and his role never changed this season - he’s been playing as our right sided 8 basically all season. If he can only play in a very particular role (which doesn’t exist in any top team in England btw) he’s not going to it it. So he needs to learn to be an 8.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Last post by Cusamano on Today at 07:48:20 am »
One player that hasn't let him down the last few weeks. Ran his heart out for the cause.

One one has let him down

We are punching well above our weight this season
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Last post by alonsoisared on Today at 07:46:41 am »
The man looks and sounds absolutely finished and he has done for a number of weeks. He went from looking totally rejuvenated, freed by the promise of some time off on its way, to just looking like he can't wait for it all to end. I don't mean to criticise him but it can't have helped inspire the players for the run in.

I truly just hope everything is okay with him on a personal level and that it's nothing more than being tired. He doesn't seem close to being himself and it's very sad to see.

An absolute hero and total icon. One of our all time greatest figures. Everyone loves you, Jurgen.
Our losing isn't down to the ref but the amount of fouls he gave them whilst ignoring the fouls on us was ridiculous. In particular the foul on Mac on the edge of our box.

That the theme of refs, every time we go away the ref is swayed by the crowd but at home the refs want to prove they aren't swayed by Anfield.

The refs know exactly what they are doing. Besides the clear and obvious ones they get wrong it's an accumulation of small niggly stuff that does my head in. The first half yesterday was ridiculous.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Darwin Núñez (Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro)
« Last post by harryc on Today at 07:46:24 am »
Damn that variance.
« Last post by Bennett on Today at 07:44:22 am »

Made me think - maybe other fans are right, and WE are the deluded ones. And he really is bad...

Less of the 'we'.
If he wants to go then sell him, Bradley has been a better right back for the team this season and Trent is unproven as a midfielder, an area we are well stocked bar a young and elite no.6.

Edward’s has no sentiment, I can see a ruthless cull coming and the fact we didn’t win the league will make it far easier.

I expect one or two of Van Dijk, Salah, Robbo to move on.

Ideally I’d keep Robbo but he now can’t do 90mins a week, so a quality left back to rotate with him and eventually take over as the season progresses.

We need to replace Matip as well.

Our front line needs more pace and one on one ability.

How do you solve a problem like Darwin eh, pickles my head he does.

So a 6, a lb, a cb and a forward.

Trent is our only world class player under 30. We let him go then we are fucking idiots.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Last post by Knight on Today at 07:41:39 am »
People are overstating the pace thing. Salah hasn't been rapid for a couple of years at least. He had found a way to compensate for that and still be a really good attacker.

What we're seeing since his return from injury is something else entirely. He seems completely shorn of all confidence, is getting physically bullied in most games, honestly doesn't have any spark whatsoever. Our one decent performance in the past six weeks came when he was benched.

I don't think I've ever seen such a drop off, especially for such an extended period and at such an important time. Pace is only a small factor.

Pace is huge. A wide forward without athleticism in our setup is awful for our system. Perhaps Salah has been on a downward curve athletically for a couple of years and it’s now reached a point where he can’t compensate in other ways. Perhaps his decline in pace has been matched with a decline in balance, strength, stamina etc and he can’t compensate for it.
« Last post by QC on Today at 07:41:34 am »
The jury is still out to if he’s good enough, and unfortunately it’s starting to look like he’s not the case, but saying he is costing us the title was a bit of a stretch. Diaz and salah, amongst others, have been poor too

Do I think he’s the answer? Honestly no but the scapegoating of him last night wasn’t on

I find it hard to fathom that the jury can still be out on Nunez. He is plainly not of starting quality for a title chasing team, and given his poor finishing, can he even be relied upon to come off the bench? You just don't know what you're going to get from him.
The Boozer / Re: Happiest man alive
« Last post by rob1966 on Today at 07:40:39 am »
Thought this was going to be a thread about Fromola

:lmao
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10