Author Topic: The Return Of The King - How do you feel?  (Read 27018 times)

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
Re: The Return Of The King - How do you feel?
« Reply #80 on: January 8, 2011, 11:54:29 am »
Worried. Very worried. He's been out of the game for a long time now. He has also never tried a 4231, which would appear to be the best formation for the players at hand. Its a bit of a gamble when you consider how poor he was at Celtic and how his first season in charge was not that great at the club in the beginning. We need someone with an instant impact to ensure we aren't relegated and am worried that he will need time to adjust. I am obviously pleased to see Hodgson gone, but the Dalglish appointment smacks far too much of sentiment to me. It also says a lot about Sammy in second place that he is not even considered for caretaker role. We have an inept Second and a rusty first. Worried. Very worried.
Donkey mate, i understand that, but honestly, can he do any worse than what we've seen this season already? And i ask that honestly.

Right now, i'm overjoyed at his return. If for nothing else, it means that we can finally get a unified fan base behind the team again. Worries or not, i'd hope that everyone respects kenny enough to give him the measure of time that he needs to stop the rot. It wont be instant, it's not possible to be instant. But something had to give, and for me, if there was no young, forward thinking manager out there, at the level that FSG want, then this is the right thing to do. The fans had voted with their feet, the owners would have seen the dropped figures and known that serious damage was being done.

I understand the worries, i really do, but i'm genuinely delighted at the news.
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline theblackhumor

• Anny Roader
  • oh boy.
« Reply #81 on: January 8, 2011, 11:54:36 am »
Never had the chance to witness the days when he was playing for us or when he managed us. Born in 89 so the most involved that Kenny has been with the club as I know was when he was in charge of the academy when Rafa was still with us. I'm really looking forward to seeing him in the dug out.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #82 on: January 8, 2011, 11:54:36 am »
Excited and worried ...

Offline jDJ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: January 8, 2011, 11:55:20 am »
Worried. Very worried. He's been out of the game for a long time now. He has also never tried a 4231, which would appear to be the best formation for the players at hand. Its a bit of a gamble when you consider how poor he was at Celtic and how his first season in charge was not that great at the club in the beginning. We need someone with an instant impact to ensure we aren't relegated and am worried that he will need time to adjust. I am obviously pleased to see Hodgson gone, but the Dalglish appointment smacks far too much of sentiment to me. It also says a lot about Sammy in second place that he is not even considered for caretaker role. We have an inept Second and a rusty first. Worried. Very worried.

Pretty much how I feel.  Hodgson had to go but of all the names mentioned, Dalglish is the riskiest appointment.  I would have much preferred a long term appointment.

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: January 8, 2011, 11:55:27 am »
I feel like dancing.

"And on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains."

Offline Reeves

• Back from the dead. Bit simples.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "THE DISTANCE BETWEEN INSANITY AND GENIUS.........
    • RAWK
« Reply #85 on: January 8, 2011, 11:55:28 am »
One the one hand I'm so excited. The fear of him doing badly and the god awful start he has (Mancs and Blues) sends adrenalin rushing through my veins. I want him to do well so badly. If we could bring in 1 man in the world to maximise that "new manager effect" it would be Kenny, full stop.

On the other hand I share the same concerns as others i.e. fear he'll do badly, tricky games coming up, will only destroy his reputation etc.

However on balance I think it's the right decision. It's no lose. And he has the best chance to turn things round in the short term. Does well and he can stay. Doesn't do well and it was only ever 4-6 months and crucially buys Henry et al the time they need to get the manager appointment right.
..........IS MEASURED ONLY BY SUCCESS"

RAWK - HJC Champions 2003
Former RAWK Scribe 2002 - 2004

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #86 on: January 8, 2011, 11:55:51 am »
So, he's back. I can barely type this as I'm in fucking heaven right now, and my hands are shaking.

How do you feel?
Did you think you'd ever see the day when Kenny returned?
How do you think he'll do?
Where do you think we'll finish this season?

One thing's for sure, the feelgood factor is about to go through the fucking roof. The passion will be back! The ground will be bouncing! And whatever happens for the rest of the season, the club is united once more!!

Get the fuck in!!

How do you feel?
Ecstatic. He was my hero when I was a kid, I had a badge of him from the club shop and used to wear it on everything even my PJ's. That said, it's not all about romance, I think he will do a decent stop gap job until the end of the season

I'm more happy however that Hodgson has gone primarily because we will see a change in the football we've been playing.

Did you think you'd ever see the day when Kenny returned?
Never mate. It was the best and most sensible decision all around although I don't feel Rushie should be his assistant, I would much rather it be someone like Borrell or Segura

How do you think he'll do?
Just fine but as above, I'd rather he had someone alongside him who had been in the game recently. He will consolidate. I think he will have us finishing around 7th or 8th with an FA and UEFA Cup (haha)

Where do you think we'll finish this season?
As above, 7th or 8th

Offline khalilur

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #87 on: January 8, 2011, 11:55:55 am »
Not sure whether he's still cut out for it, but I will support him as I do all Liverpool managers. Hopefully he'll prove himself out for it & turn a temporary post into a permanent one.

Offline Prof

• fessor Yaffle. Full tosser.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Alternative Premier League Table
« Reply #88 on: January 8, 2011, 11:55:57 am »
Over the moon, a little worried at the same time in case he doesn't do any better than Roy.

There's no chance of that. Most rawkites could do better than Roy!

Now we can finally celebrate the golden sky. I can hear the Lark!

Offline Hunts Cross

• but Cech's furious.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: January 8, 2011, 11:56:16 am »

Clap, clap,
clap-clap-calp,
clap-clap-clap-clap
DALGLISH!

9,000. Loud and Proud. Old Trafford.

Offline Torben Piechniks Y-Fronts

• Kopite
  • A Liverbird, upon my chest
« Reply #90 on: January 8, 2011, 11:56:22 am »
8000 fans at ot tomorrow and King Kenny in charge.
I feel brilliant, time to go and play a bit of football and show what we can do. This squad is much better than what we have shown this last 18 months.
Initially I think the spirit levels will go through the roof.
Both on and off the pitch!
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool."

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #91 on: January 8, 2011, 11:56:26 am »
Excited and worried ...

What he said.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #92 on: January 8, 2011, 11:56:50 am »
Another thing, Torres has great respect for Kenny. Before I was resigned to him leaving, now I'm hopeful he'll stay.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline fromthepen

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • man and boy a red
« Reply #93 on: January 8, 2011, 11:56:55 am »
How do I feel? bl...dy f...king...marvellous thats how I feel. The end of the H&G era they start of a new one under new owners and with a manager who 'gets liverpool'. We can abandon 'hoofball' now and try and get back to playing football with players playing where they should and encouraged to hold and pass. If Kenny does well enough he may be given longer but if not I am just so happy to see the back og that old fool...who wasn't a 'nice man' as the media portrayed. But enough of him...long live the King....Dalglish! Dalglish!!   we can all unite once again behind our club and our manager ans stop the infighting..

let me see LFC win one more title before my time is up!

Offline paul_laverty

• Boys Pen
« Reply #94 on: January 8, 2011, 11:56:57 am »
I'll walk a million miles for one of your goals .................Kenny!!!!!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Offline maher

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone..
« Reply #95 on: January 8, 2011, 11:57:12 am »
Very emotional moment!
I'm over the moon now!

Offline PJG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: January 8, 2011, 11:57:22 am »
I must say that this is the first time in ages that there have been tears in my eyes.  Even us getting sold didn't make me tear up.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #97 on: January 8, 2011, 11:57:40 am »
My son has vomited all over me today, but I feel great.

For the first time in 6 months I am looking forward to a Liverpool manager talking to the press. For the first time in what feels like eons I am actually looking forward to a game rather than dreading it.

It feels like the line is being drawn under the last regime.

Offline Gobias Industries

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: January 8, 2011, 11:57:41 am »
Over. The. Moon.

I know he can do it. Come on Kenny!

Offline TimHocks

• Anny Roader
  • Wish I hadn't chosen TimHocks as my username.
« Reply #99 on: January 8, 2011, 11:57:50 am »
Could not be happier. 

We've got our club back. 

Liverpool FC is BACK baby!

Woooooooooooo!

Offline TheBombardier

• Main Stander
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #100 on: January 8, 2011, 11:58:08 am »
Its a great film, the best in the trilogy.
Walk On
The Bombardier

Offline shanklyreds

• Main Stander
  • we will be champions!
« Reply #101 on: January 8, 2011, 11:58:20 am »
What does this mean in terms of the transfer market???????????

Offline Twiggthemanc

• Thinks that Evra's by far a better left back than Evra. Definitely.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: January 8, 2011, 11:58:26 am »
Worst possible time for us. The feel good factor and 9,000 of your fans at OT tomorrow is a worrying thought. However in the short term I think he's an average appointment, he's been out the game too long.

Offline kelevra

• Legacy Fan
  • You come at the king, you best not miss
« Reply #103 on: January 8, 2011, 11:58:35 am »
Our clubs is back. Now all we have to do is get rid of Purslow
Twitter - https://twitter.com/NickyGarewal

Controversially, if it came down to a choice between selling Suarez and selling Carroll, I’d sell Suarez.

Offline Ben86

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #104 on: January 8, 2011, 11:58:45 am »
Short-term I feel great. Should be a big motivational boost.

Long term I want someone else, though. Hopefully Benitez, but I'd go with any manager who has a long term plan.

Offline Liver Bird

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: January 8, 2011, 11:58:52 am »
how fast will tickets sell out now!
"The fans are the greatest in the land.They know the game and they know what they want to see.The people on the kop make you feel great- yet humble" bill shankly.

Offline JWAlonso

• Kopite
« Reply #106 on: January 8, 2011, 11:59:05 am »
Best thing that has happened since new owners!
"At The End Of The Storm, There Is A Golden Sky"

Offline Eileen

• Industries
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: January 8, 2011, 11:59:16 am »
Overjoyed
Twitter: http://twitter.com/Eileen___
If you can speak Klingon just take your own life. It's too late for you. You can't unlearn that shit.

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: January 8, 2011, 11:59:25 am »
Another thing, Torres has great respect for Kenny. Before I was resigned to him leaving, now I'm hopeful he'll stay.

Exactly my thoughts Finn.

Offline Lucas21

• A Better Future
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Half of Everything is Luck
« Reply #109 on: January 8, 2011, 11:59:40 am »
Delighted. He will lift the club for sure. Unite the team and unite the fans

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #110 on: January 8, 2011, 11:59:40 am »
I can't for the life of me understand how some think the fans will turn on him if he doesn't do well.

Firstly, Hodgson has already ensured that this will be an uphill struggle to finish in a decent position in the league. Secondly, the morale of the club is at a massive low right now, so he's got that to sort out too. Basically, if we don't do great under Dalglish then he'll have tried his best and he'll be replaced at the end of the season, and I can't believe for one second that anyone would blame him.

IF that happens, and IF people start to round on him then they need shooting. Most people disliked Hodgson because he was an appointment of the old regime, and because he never ever understood the club or the job he was taking on. None of those things can be said for Dalglish, and I'm perfectly happy no matter what happens for the rest of the season, simply because it feels like the club is back together and this is a fresh start we've been waiting for. It never felt that way for one minute under Hodgson.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline Kopite1971

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: January 8, 2011, 11:59:40 am »
Controversial: Has Kenny got it in him? Did he just not inherit one of the greatest football teams in the world back in the 80's? Been out of football management for a long time. Last two jobs didn't go down well.

Just some of my concerns.

Hope I get my arse shown to me!

He did Gary, but he improved that team.  He made his Liverpool the most attacking exciting Liverpool team I have ever seen before or since.  My only worry was that towards the end of his time at LFC some of his buys were strange and we never got to find out if Dalglish could rebuild a new defence from the one he inherited.  I have always put those strange buys down to the pressure Dalglish had been under in the aftermath of Hillsborough.  Also don't forget, with supportive owners and some money he turned Blackburn into Champions.  This could be a match made in heaven and if it isn't Dalglish will hold his head up high still, take another role in the club and a new permanent manager will be made in the summer.  A lot ofme hopes that Dalglish will still be LFC manager in 10 years time though and winning number 19 for us next year!!!!!
Proud to be "An Internet Terrorist"

SOS# 1159

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: January 8, 2011, 11:59:42 am »
Ecstatic, relieved and hopeful.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #113 on: January 8, 2011, 11:59:46 am »
Worst possible time for us. The feel good factor and 9,000 of your fans at OT tomorrow is a worrying thought. However in the short term I think he's an average appointment, he's been out the game too long.

He has not been out of the game Keegan style. He has not been managing the first team, but he has been immersed in the game - his wife's twitter will vouch to that...

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #114 on: January 8, 2011, 11:59:58 am »
I remember feeling utterly miserable the day he resigned, I remember watching the telly as it was announced, I remember wondering what would happen next, never dreaming we'd still be waiting for No 19 even now.

Utterly ecstatic today, the king is back, someone who really, truly, most definitely "gets" what we're about is in charge, I couldn't be happier (in a football-related context :P ) - and to announce this the day before we play that lot up the road? Perfect.

The reds are coming up the hill, boys........

you stood by it mate ;)
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline Songs to Sing

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Hold your head up high He made the people happy
« Reply #115 on: January 8, 2011, 12:00:10 pm »
im worried to be honest, but happy roy hs gone, worried he is out of touch, worried about the backlash if nesv press ahead with another ppointment in the summer

happy but worried
-Rafael Benitez 03/06/2010: "Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone." No, thank you, you wondeful, humble, gracious man. You fought for us for years and won't be forgotten.-
The 5th Benitle

Offline CorKopite

• a tool who can't spell
  • Legacy Fan
  • The house that Shanks built.
« Reply #116 on: January 8, 2011, 12:00:23 pm »
I'll walk a million miles for one of your goals .................Kenny!!!!!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Nice moment to be making your first post ;D

So fucking happy with this news
Bill Shankly-"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"

Mitch Hedberg-"Dogs are forever in the push up position"

Offline adamski

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: January 8, 2011, 12:00:29 pm »
I remember when he left and the club has never been the same since.  The best news for a good few years!!!!

"...where once we watched the King Kenny play, AND COULD HE PLAY!"

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #118 on: January 8, 2011, 12:01:06 pm »
So then Torres and Kenny upfront?...Which reminds me about Shankly being asked in the late sixties who was the greatest George Best or Tom Finney?.. " Oh!.. very close..but George would just shade it.....mind, Tom is in his 50's now!"

Offline kenneth37

• Main Stander
« Reply #119 on: January 8, 2011, 12:01:11 pm »
i have been struggling with myself these days seeing roy doing the press conferences and my team going to decline... today i feel like a child again, happy, crying with joy and feel like i have won the lottery... i am not expecting miracles but at least i see my beloved team playing good football..... Go on King Kenny and thanks for accepting this massive job u have to handle... we will always be behind you YNWA