Author Topic: Gareth Southgate: England's substitute teacher  (Read 109274 times)

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Gareth Southgate: England's substitute teacher
« Reply #920 on: March 22, 2017, 04:35:50 pm »

Fucking hell :lmao
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #921 on: March 22, 2017, 04:37:49 pm »
Hart infront of Neuer....?
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline DivisiveNewSigning

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #922 on: March 22, 2017, 04:59:56 pm »
Hart infront of Neuer....?

Some bollocks to do with Hart being fit and Neuer not being available at the moment.

My eyes popped out my head at first too  :o

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #923 on: March 22, 2017, 05:02:04 pm »
Cahill instead of Boateng is equally as stupid, if not more so.

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #924 on: March 22, 2017, 05:06:37 pm »
Cahill instead of Boateng is equally as stupid, if not more so.
Presumably the same reason as why Neuer isn't there, not fit.
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #925 on: March 22, 2017, 05:20:17 pm »
is Özil injured too? Cos I've no idea what Sterling is doing anywhere near that line up either. But then again, Özil is considered crap now isn't he ;)   

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #926 on: March 22, 2017, 05:35:49 pm »

Wow :lmao

To be fair if he did it properly it would just be the Germany team.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Aceldama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #927 on: March 23, 2017, 12:48:08 am »
That team is only made up of players in the current squads so no Neuer or Boateng. No Kane either, I'd take him over Muller at the moment.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #928 on: March 23, 2017, 12:31:32 pm »
There is so much praise for the performance last night.

They played a weak german team, and struggled to create, constantly got pulled out of position and lost 1-0.

It's very strange
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #929 on: March 23, 2017, 02:20:24 pm »
Only watched the first 30-40 minutes. Germany looked extremely casual and dysfunctional at that point. And that England lost to them can't be a good sign.
But maybe the media is finally catching on and starting to act like England isn't all that. So their praising even the smallest of positives?

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #930 on: March 23, 2017, 02:23:15 pm »

They played a weak german team, and struggled to create, constantly got pulled out of position and lost 1-0.

It's very strange
The Germans were pissing around and giving Podolski a send-off. Meanwhile England were at it hammer and tongs for the first 20 minutes.And England still lost.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #931 on: March 23, 2017, 03:47:32 pm »

It's very strange

They certainly had some very good chances.  So I don't think it is fair to say they didn't create.

I think England played well and didn't deserve to lose.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #932 on: March 23, 2017, 04:55:23 pm »
people are talking about england fans chants being disrespectful etc yesterday, any information what they were singing?

Offline BigAl24

• Would rather take one from the whole team than from just one billy goat.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #933 on: March 23, 2017, 05:10:31 pm »
people are talking about england fans chants being disrespectful etc yesterday, any information what they were singing?

The usual, ten german bombers etc..
"We change from doubters to believers. Now"

Offline Farman

• Heading off for a fruit based orgy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #934 on: March 23, 2017, 05:23:16 pm »
The usual, ten german bombers etc..

Obviously booing the anthem too, and I heard 'have you ever seen the Germans win a war'. Probably loads more too; I'd guess some songs about Churchill, the crusades, sticking Kaizers up arses, never ever everest ever being slaves, fucking off Europe we're all voted out and chopping heads off queens if we don't like them because we're fucking England and we do what we want.
The eternal silence of these infinite spaces frightens me

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #935 on: March 23, 2017, 05:43:07 pm »
What a great bunch they are.
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #936 on: March 23, 2017, 06:14:20 pm »
What the fuck is wrong with these c*nts? Your a guest in someone's country for god sakes.
YNWA

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #937 on: March 23, 2017, 06:44:19 pm »
What the fuck is wrong with these c*nts? Your a guest in someone's country for god sakes.

It's just 'banter' mate ... apparently ...

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #938 on: March 23, 2017, 06:53:37 pm »
Obviously booing the anthem too, and I heard 'have you ever seen the Germans win a war'. Probably loads more too; I'd guess some songs about Churchill, the crusades, sticking Kaizers up arses, never ever everest ever being slaves, fucking off Europe we're all voted out and chopping heads off queens if we don't like them because we're fucking England and we do what we want.

According to the Guardian Fuck the Pope, Fuck the IRA, War War War and stuff about RAF pilots as well.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #939 on: March 23, 2017, 10:09:11 pm »

fucking hell mate, what's wrong with these people? i hope it was just a handful of those idiots.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #940 on: March 23, 2017, 10:13:06 pm »
fucking hell mate, what's wrong with these people? i hope it was just a handful of those idiots.

According to journalist Sam Wallace, it wasn't just a few. Appalling behavour really, and with Brexit happening it will get worse. Will never understand such people, utterly pathetic really.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #941 on: March 24, 2017, 02:10:36 pm »
Ben Gibson called up as cover for the injured Chris Smalling :o

Absolutely incredible drop off in quality from about 10 years ago when England could choose from the likes of Ferdinand, Campbell, Terry, Carragher and King at centre back.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #942 on: March 24, 2017, 02:23:41 pm »
According to the Guardian Fuck the Pope, Fuck the IRA, War War War and stuff about RAF pilots as well.

At a fucking friendly as well. They probably booed Podolksi going off as well. Utter cretins.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #943 on: March 24, 2017, 02:51:00 pm »
At a fucking friendly as well. They probably booed Podolksi going off as well. Utter cretins.

Not sure the type of game they're at makes much of a difference to the shit they sing.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #944 on: March 24, 2017, 03:01:53 pm »
According to journalist Sam Wallace, it wasn't just a few. Appalling behavour really, and with Brexit happening it will get worse. Will never understand such people, utterly pathetic really.

They've always been atrocious, and not a small minority either. I used to go to the very occasional England game with a couple of mates who supported different club sides, we'd rarely go to the see each other's teams and it always seemed relatively easy to get England home tickets.  We stopped going after the England-Wales game at Old Trafford in 04. 

The Welsh were out in force, seemed prepared for the kind of chants they'd receive as loads of them had blow up sheep they were waving. They were chanting stuff about being sheep shaggers themselves before the game kicked off, clearly unperturbed by the jibe. That didn't stop the English fans around me starting a sheep shagger chant every 5 minutes.  Each time it started you could see the Welsh fans laughing at it and waving in our general direction. Which of course annoyed the English fans because it wasn't intended to be "banter", they were doing it to try and piss the Welsh off.  A few minutes later they'd try it again, as if the Welsh fans had changed their minds in mean time.  It was embarrassing to start with, but by half time we were ready to walk out because it was so tedious, we felt like idiots just being associated with them, and seemingly had nothing remotely in common with anyone else in our section.  By about 65 minutes there were lads pointing out individuals in the Wales section and making throat slitting gestures.  A bunch behind me started up a "no surrender" chant because they "wanted to practise it before the Northern Ireland game" that was coming up next.  :butt  :duh

We left shortly after.

Never again. Such a humourless, vindictive bunch. Barely interested in the game, they just wanted to abuse people.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #945 on: March 24, 2017, 03:09:04 pm »
Not sure the type of game they're at makes much of a difference to the shit they sing.

Just that I wouldn't expect the hardcore lot to bother travelling a low profile game, obviously I get Ger v Eng is a big fixture at any time but I expected more of the genuine fans to outnumber the dickheads.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #946 on: March 24, 2017, 03:57:39 pm »
Ben Gibson called up as cover for the injured Chris Smalling :o

Absolutely incredible drop off in quality from about 10 years ago when England could choose from the likes of Ferdinand, Campbell, Terry, Carragher and King at centre back.

Shitty ex Middlesbrough manager calls up shitty Middlesbrough defender. Not much of a shock really

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #947 on: March 27, 2017, 05:26:30 am »
Couldn't help but smile seeing Defoe lead that young lad out yesterday, seems like one of the genuine good guys Defoe
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline quinny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #948 on: March 27, 2017, 09:37:53 am »
Just that I wouldn't expect the hardcore lot to bother travelling a low profile game, obviously I get Ger v Eng is a big fixture at any time but I expected more of the genuine fans to outnumber the dickheads.

The problem with England is the hardcore fans are the dickheads. Possibly apart from Chelsea they are the worst set of fans I've ever seen (there's a fair bit of crossover between the two). I couldn't believe the songs they sang made the news as they're aired at every game. No Surrender, Ten German Bombers, Fuck the IRA etc are all sung against Bulgaria at home, never mind against Germany or an Irish team. I'm a regular at England games but as a poster above said it's embarrassing being associated with them - I did a couple of aways but the fans are so awful I was put off going. It's my fault for being brought up in the south of England where all my mates support them!

Offline peterstone

• Anny Roader
« Reply #949 on: March 27, 2017, 10:49:30 am »
I know its easy to have a pop at England fans but this is ridiculous.

There are several songs that have been sung over the years by fans of all clubs (including ours) that are far worse than 10 German bombers.

I'm not condoning that song because its crap but come on....lets be honest here.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #950 on: March 27, 2017, 10:54:07 am »

Does it do ya nut in when people have a pop at the England boys, saahhhnnn?

Offline peterstone

• Anny Roader
« Reply #951 on: March 27, 2017, 11:08:24 am »
Does it do ya nut in when people have a pop at the England boys, saahhhnnn?
What?

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #952 on: March 27, 2017, 11:11:03 am »

There are several songs that have been sung over the years by fans of all clubs (including ours) that are far worse than 10 German bombers.

I'm not condoning that song because its crap but come on....lets be honest here.
  yes thats true we have sung some real bad stuff me included, but i think we have moved on engerland neanderthals have not, and never will beacause there the same ilk as that rag we hate as a club.
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #953 on: March 27, 2017, 12:37:46 pm »
Just clicked on a link to a Mirror article which, it turned out, was actually a report on some comments from elsewhere.

Had no idea that Shearer was a columnist for the rag.   :missus

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #954 on: March 15, 2018, 02:17:24 pm »
State of that squad.  :lmao

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #955 on: March 15, 2018, 02:25:11 pm »
Danny Welbeck :lmao :lmao :lmao

AHA!

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #956 on: March 15, 2018, 02:29:35 pm »
there's 2 players in that squad I don't even know who they are or who they play for  ;D I know that is a poor reflection on my more than anything!

But yeah, Danny Welbeck, really? Good grief.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #957 on: March 15, 2018, 02:34:37 pm »
there's 2 players in that squad I don't even know who they are or who they play for  ;D I know that is a poor reflection on my more than anything!

But yeah, Danny Welbeck, really? Good grief.

Cook and Tarkowski?

Cook was in the U19 or U20 winnng squad (maybe captain I think). Plays for Bournemouth. Wouldn’t know him if I fell over him though.

Tarkowski is a Burnley CB, came from the mighty Brentford.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #958 on: March 15, 2018, 02:39:26 pm »
:lmao Quality squad.

Don't break our players, Gareth.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #959 on: March 15, 2018, 02:39:40 pm »
Cook and Tarkowski?

Cook was in the U19 or U20 winnng squad (maybe captain I think). Plays for Bournemouth. Wouldn’t know him if I fell over him though.

Tarkowski is a Burnley CB, came from the mighty Brentford.

yes them! Ah yes, Tarkowski, I recall now, he's the lad that became 1st choice alongside Mee after they robbed Everton with Keane.

I just about know who Alfie Mawson is too  ;D