Author Topic: Welcome to Liverpool - Mario Balotelli  (Read 290086 times)

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
Re: Welcome to Liverpool - Mario Balotelli
« Reply #1480 on: September 22, 2014, 03:35:42 am »
There seems to be a lot made about how he's a typical number 9. It's strange, I don't think that's what he's best at. Everything I've seen from him suggests he's more the type to find pockets of space and use his strength and technique to come in and go for goal. I genuinely think he's one who'll do a lot better playing either with a partner who can lead the line, or coming in from a wider position. I actually think a Balotelli-Sturridge partnership wouldn't actually be too different from the sort of unusual partnership that the SAS formed last season - capable of making goals for each other, but really just exploiting the space they create.
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1481 on: September 22, 2014, 04:58:59 am »
I hope that dumb guy gets jail time. The police are looking into it:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29302216
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1482 on: September 22, 2014, 05:35:06 am »
There seems to be a lot made about how he's a typical number 9. It's strange, I don't think that's what he's best at. Everything I've seen from him suggests he's more the type to find pockets of space and use his strength and technique to come in and go for goal.

Is spot on for me mate. Definitely don't think he's a typical number 9. Think it's been mentioned a bit too how much harder he's working for us now too. Tracking back and clearing the ball is great to see. I've always been a big fan can't wait to see him and Sturridge get some games together.

Offline carven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1483 on: September 22, 2014, 05:52:27 am »
There seems to be a lot made about how he's a typical number 9. It's strange, I don't think that's what he's best at. Everything I've seen from him suggests he's more the type to find pockets of space and use his strength and technique to come in and go for goal. I genuinely think he's one who'll do a lot better playing either with a partner who can lead the line, or coming in from a wider position. I actually think a Balotelli-Sturridge partnership wouldn't actually be too different from the sort of unusual partnership that the SAS formed last season - capable of making goals for each other, but really just exploiting the space they create.

For me, every time I see him collecting the ball from deep/just infront of the half way line I try to think of the positives; 1.) That means he works hard and is tracking back. 2.) Also means he gets some touches and keeps the flow going.

But I can't help be exasperated and think, STAY IN THE BOX BALO!! The 2 goals that he's directly been involved came about from staying in the box! (Ludogorets and Villa) Vs. Spurs he had a few decent chances too, those came when he was in the box too. Probably thinks he should make things happen by just getting the ball from outside the penalty box? He should maybe start trusting his teammates a bit more! "Stay in the box! Teh balls will come to you!!"

Please tell me this makes sense ?  :\

Offline Messiah

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #1484 on: September 22, 2014, 06:09:07 am »
Mario has always been and always will be a SS. He's more of a Ibra type player than a target man who stays in the box like Huntelaar or Gomez. This is why we need Sturridge so badly. It's pretty obvious on the eye that the two of them will click when they get more chances to play together. And let's hope Origi's potential can come to fruition as well because if Dan continues to be this injury prone, then he could be the perfect back up. However, it's imperative that Mario is played with a partner.
Will the people in the cheaper seats clap your hands? And the rest of you, if you'll just rattle your jewelry.

Online Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #1485 on: September 22, 2014, 08:54:39 am »
One fella called Craig Sainsbury who's deleted his a/c afterwards also spread a rumour that a Chelsea fan had been stabbed outside Goodison.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/social/sick-rumour-a-chelsea-fan-was-stabbed-outside-goodison-park-after-everton-win/

Offline "21C or 70F?" SchizoidWeatherMan!

• Me, I'm Touchy.....which is why I am so fond of a happy ending ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #1486 on: September 22, 2014, 09:02:32 am »
Did I say the abuse was his fault? No.

Did I say that it wouldn't have come as a surprise? Yes.

Yeah he should have expected to be racially abused for making a tweet, the idiot.  ::)
Phuk yoo

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1487 on: September 22, 2014, 09:03:07 am »
This weekend he has made the headlines for his 240k car that he imported from Italy and this tweet. I look forward to him making headlines for the right reasons

I'm sure he will in time
Should he just leave his car there then ?

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #1488 on: September 22, 2014, 09:08:47 am »

Disgusting some people. Guy banters their team for losing and their only reply is racism, sad to see so many are like that in this day and age.

Offline "21C or 70F?" SchizoidWeatherMan!

• Me, I'm Touchy.....which is why I am so fond of a happy ending ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #1489 on: September 22, 2014, 09:10:38 am »
Can any action be taken against "Craig c*nt Sainsbury"?

I am going to be doing some 'searching' for his digital footprint.
Phuk yoo

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1490 on: September 22, 2014, 09:11:30 am »
Really? The racial abuse came as a complete surprise to him, even though he's been a target for it several times in the past? Seriously?

Please take a step away from the keyboard mate. What an absurd argument.
YNWA.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1491 on: September 22, 2014, 09:13:31 am »
One fella called Craig Sainsbury who's deleted his a/c afterwards also spread a rumour that a Chelsea fan had been stabbed outside Goodison.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/social/sick-rumour-a-chelsea-fan-was-stabbed-outside-goodison-park-after-everton-win/

The lads that keep making up those rumours are "Liverpool fans" themselves (remember the various rumours of people getting stabbed last season?). Absolute twats. That Craig Sainsbury account is a "troll" account, although nothing to suggest it's the same people. Hope whichever vile idiot is behind the moniker is apprehended.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 09:18:26 am by RainbowTrout »
YNWA.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #1492 on: September 22, 2014, 09:18:10 am »
Really? The racial abuse came as a complete surprise to him, even though he's been a target for it several times in the past? Seriously?

What a bizarre thing to say
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #1493 on: September 22, 2014, 09:48:05 am »
For me, every time I see him collecting the ball from deep/just infront of the half way line I try to think of the positives; 1.) That means he works hard and is tracking back. 2.) Also means he gets some touches and keeps the flow going.

But I can't help be exasperated and think, STAY IN THE BOX BALO!! The 2 goals that he's directly been involved came about from staying in the box! (Ludogorets and Villa) Vs. Spurs he had a few decent chances too, those came when he was in the box too. Probably thinks he should make things happen by just getting the ball from outside the penalty box? He should maybe start trusting his teammates a bit more! "Stay in the box! Teh balls will come to you!!"

Please tell me this makes sense ?  :\

That's the thing, he's always been more of the type of player who drops deep rather than your traditional, stay in the box type of striker. You can't take a player who plays in a certain way and expect him to do something else, just because that's the sort of player you expected him to be!

Also, to whoever came up with that ridiculous claim: the argument that anyone should ever expect racial abuse, regardless of whether it's happened in the past or not, is very sad.
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1494 on: September 22, 2014, 09:55:14 am »
I thought he played well, one of the few. Just me?

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1495 on: September 22, 2014, 10:00:06 am »
Better than most.

Offline seenitall

• Main Stander
  • Liverpool FC has the most knowledgeable supporters
« Reply #1496 on: September 22, 2014, 10:01:35 am »
My thoughts on Marios tweet.
Why post a tweet which, although he probably considered it to be light-hearted banter, was bound to be seen as inflammatory by some low life Utd supporters especially as it was posted so soon after the end of the match when emotions were high!
Why post a tweet like this when you know that the scumbag press are just waiting for any opportunity to perpetuate the bad boy image which they manufactured to sell papers!
Why post such a tweet when your own team has lost the day before in such a shambolic manner.
Why post a tweet like this when you have just moved to a new club who have given you a "last chance" to get your career back on track and put their trust in you to act in a mature manner.

None of the above justifies or excuses the vile, racist comments of the low-life who wrote them but Mario, why give them the opportunity?

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1497 on: September 22, 2014, 10:12:42 am »
Mario has done nothing wrong, the tweet was completely harmless and inoffensive.  If one of our other players made the comment no one would bat an eyelid.  Someone brought up the Gerrard five finger salute, there is little difference yet most of us found that funny.

The only people who should be criticised are the Neanderthals who spouted that vile abuse, certainly not someone who made a flippant comment that isn't offensive in the slightest.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1498 on: September 22, 2014, 10:18:13 am »
Why post a tweet which, although he probably considered it to be light-hearted banter, was bound to be seen as inflammatory by some low life Utd supporters especially as it was posted so soon after the end of the match when emotions were high!
Why post a tweet like this when you know that the scumbag press are just waiting for any opportunity to perpetuate the bad boy image which they manufactured to sell papers!
Why post such a tweet when your own team has lost the day before in such a shambolic manner.
Why post a tweet like this when you have just moved to a new club who have given you a "last chance" to get your career back on track and put their trust in you to act in a mature manner.

None of the above justifies or excuses the vile, racist comments of the low-life who wrote them but Mario, why give them the opportunity?

He made a light hearted tweet laughing at United losing from 2 goals behind for the first time in the premier league era and people are losing their shit over it.

It's not his fault that people are sad bastards with nothing better to do, and blaming the victim rather than the media and racist c*nts is just stupid
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1499 on: September 22, 2014, 10:18:23 am »

First half especially I thought he worked hard, and tracked back well. Not necessarily glowing tributes for your centre forward but one of the very few positives I could find from the performance. Even the incident with Adrian was a bit ridiculous - was a late challenge but a complete over reaction from Adrian that I thought Balotelli did reasonably well not to make more of (I know he ended up head to head with him but at least he did nothing stupid!).

All in all I don't think you can fault his attitude so far and the team as a whole has been disjointed so it's not fair to judge him too harshly.

Offline seenitall

• Main Stander
« Reply #1500 on: September 22, 2014, 10:24:12 am »
Mario has done nothing wrong, the tweet was completely harmless and inoffensive.  If one of our other players made the comment no one would bat an eyelid.  Someone brought up the Gerrard five finger salute, there is little difference yet most of us found that funny.

The only people who should be criticised are the Neanderthals who spouted that vile abuse, certainly not someone who made a flippant comment that isn't offensive in the slightest.

Exactly. But they didn't and Mario did, giving the Press and the Neanderthals the chance to have a go at him!!

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1501 on: September 22, 2014, 10:27:59 am »
Really looking forward to him playing alongside Sturridge.  I think when him and Allen are back we will start to see just how good we really are.

We saw what we can do against Spurs.

I think once we get going we will start to steam roller teams like we did last season.

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1502 on: September 22, 2014, 10:28:36 am »
Exactly. But they didn't and Mario did, giving the Press and the Neanderthals the chance to have a go at him!!
Then that's on them, although in all fairness most of the articles I've read haven't had a go at Mario, the tweet was a harmless bit of piss taking, most are treating it as such and slating the imbeciles that abused him.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1503 on: September 22, 2014, 10:42:35 am »
The internet seems to be full of vile people, I guess it's easy to abuse other people when sitting behind and keyboard and screen rather than to their faces.

Offline MaxJ

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1504 on: September 22, 2014, 10:44:26 am »

I'm not sure whether you've signed up on here and posted that to get a reaction, but your comment is bordering on ludicrous.

We live in an age of social media now and the quicker the people get used to that the better. Is Mario Balotelli less entitled to an opinion because he plays football?

If you received racist abuse for a Tweet you sent that was making light-hearted comedy of United's defeat, would you look at yourself and think "I shouldn't have said that"? No!!

Get a fucking grip.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1505 on: September 22, 2014, 10:47:32 am »

I think you are just trying to wind people up with this post cause what you've said it total shite! In my opinion of course.

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1506 on: September 22, 2014, 11:09:42 am »
His style of play is at odds with what made us such a force last season. His workrate when the opposition have the ball, and his movement when we have the ball, isn’t anywhere near what we have become accustomed to. That’s not his fault, that’s just way he plays and I don’t see that changing anytime soon.

It’s surprising we opted for a comparably static target man, who constantly wants the ball into feet all the time. Last year we had a dynamic front line who would relentlessly press the opposition for 90 minutes. On the attack our strikers were always on the move, dragging defenders all over the place and happy to chase down lost causes and force the opposition into making mistakes. It’s going to take some time to adapt our game to suit a player who plays the game in a different way.

Offline OldBloke

• Kopite
  • In the 5th, my ass goes down.
« Reply #1507 on: September 22, 2014, 11:20:46 am »
Surely Craig Sainsbury can't be that prick's real name? He probably stacks shelves there.

Offline seenitall

• Main Stander
« Reply #1508 on: September 22, 2014, 11:24:14 am »
I think you are just trying to wind people up with this post cause what you've said it total shite! In my opinion of course.

Are you joking? Trying to wind people up!!
Try reading my post again. It is a balanced view basically saying that Mario should not give the Neanderthals and Press any excuse to have a go.
As for saying " it's total shite" I could say the same about your post but I wont

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1509 on: September 22, 2014, 11:24:58 am »

:shocked :shocked

why give them the opportunity? are you fucking serious?

double standards just because he's black? is this 1930?
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

Offline MaxJ

• Main Stander
« Reply #1510 on: September 22, 2014, 11:27:34 am »
Are you joking? Trying to wind people up!!
Try reading my post again. It is a balanced view basically saying that Mario should not give the Neanderthals and Press any excuse to have a go.
As for saying " it's total shite" I could say the same about your post but I wont

You could, but yours really is total shite.

Offline MrBoywunder

• Kopite
  • They say our days are numbered...
« Reply #1511 on: September 22, 2014, 11:29:19 am »
So now it's Balotelli's fault. Okay then.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1512 on: September 22, 2014, 11:38:53 am »

:butt
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline mike777

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1513 on: September 22, 2014, 11:39:38 am »
I'm not sure whether you've signed up on here and posted that to get a reaction, but your comment is bordering on ludicrous.

We live in an age of social media now and the quicker the people get used to that the better. Is Mario Balotelli less entitled to an opinion because he plays football?

If you received racist abuse for a Tweet you sent that was making light-hearted comedy of United's defeat, would you look at yourself and think "I shouldn't have said that"? No!!

Get a fucking grip.

Course it's not Balotelli's fault.  And of course baiting our rivals has always happened.
But I don't think given what players now earn that it's unreasonable for the club, like many employers, to have a social media policy; I'm not 100% convinced it's wise for a Liverpool player to tweet something like that in the first place either.  But am torn a bit in saying that as to whether we should put it down as funny banter.....

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #1514 on: September 22, 2014, 11:40:02 am »
It's sad that there are loads of people who are still racist in 2014. ,especially in a multicultural country like the UK.

Mario's tweet was idiotic as well.  LOL at United while his team also lost 3-1 against Sam Allardyce's team?  Baffling really.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline Zeppelin

• Funds hate.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hammer of the Gods
« Reply #1515 on: September 22, 2014, 11:40:10 am »
You do wonder about some people's disproportionate reaction to things. Mario's tweet could hardly have been milder really, but some morons react like that. How on earth would they react if he actually said something controversial? - and the argument that he 'set himself up for it' is nothing less than saying he shouldn't tweet because he's black.

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1516 on: September 22, 2014, 11:43:30 am »

Victim-blame just makes you look like a backward, small-minded and ignorant throwback.

What he wrote was harmless and light-hearted.

Offline OldBloke

• Kopite
  • In the 5th, my ass goes down.
« Reply #1517 on: September 22, 2014, 11:43:32 am »
So now it's Balotelli's fault. Okay then.

It's not Mario's fault but he should maybe bear in mind that a lot of football fans have less intelligence than the average maggot. I saw a Liverpool fan, old enough to know better, kicking off on some poor bloke on the train last week, completely oblivious to the the fact that this guy was returning from a shopping trip with his wife and kids, who were scared to fuck by the moron raging at their dad.

Offline Je99ers

• Kopite
« Reply #1518 on: September 22, 2014, 11:44:32 am »
It's sad that there are loads of people who are still racist in 2014. ,especially in a multicultural country like the UK.

Mario's tweet was idiotic as well.  LOL at United while his team also lost 3-1 against Sam Allardyce's team?  Baffling really.

Mario was at fault that he didn't hold a ball that led to West Ham's second goal......."LOL".

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1519 on: September 22, 2014, 11:46:07 am »
It's not Mario's fault but he should maybe bear in mind that a lot of football fans have less intelligence than the average maggot. I saw a Liverpool fan, old enough to know better, kicking off on some poor bloke on the train last week, completely oblivious to the the fact that this guy was returning from a shopping trip with his wife and kids, who were scared to fuck by the moron raging at their dad.

Shite analogy really.  :)