Author Topic: Manchester Utd vs Liverpool Prematch thread (Sun Jan 15, 4pm)  (Read 85576 times)

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Manchester Utd vs Liverpool Prematch thread (Sun Jan 15, 4pm)
« Reply #320 on: January 12, 2017, 08:32:54 pm »
100% their going to start that afro-Qtip in the middle and just hoof it to his microphone like cranium for 60 mins.
Rush at Carrick every chance.
Origi to start with Milly on the right and trust given to Moreno.
might just get something from that vile gypo camp.

I think you might not have seen us play too much this season if you think that is going to happen

Offline amirani

• Legacy Fan
  • Carolina Red!
« Reply #321 on: January 12, 2017, 08:36:38 pm »
100% their going to start that afro-Qtip in the middle and just hoof it to his microphone like cranium for 60 mins.
Rush at Carrick every chance.
Origi to start with Milly on the right and trust given to Moreno.
might just get something from that vile gypo camp.

At his age, I don't think he suits our pressing game

Offline CANADAlglish

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #322 on: January 12, 2017, 08:47:32 pm »
I think you might not have seen us play too much this season if you think that is going to happen

I doubt very much Milly will be moved anywhere. . but a Divock start would be the right move.
as for our recent form . . Jurgen, sort it.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #323 on: January 12, 2017, 08:50:01 pm »
It is a weird one to call as I am not sure how they will play.

If they attack us then we could destroy them at the back.

I would say he will set up like Saints did last night.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: January 12, 2017, 08:57:32 pm »
Jurgen, sort it.
I personally think this is one of his biggest tests since he came to us. The team is not performing as he would like, coupled with the fact a few players are playing well below par. He has got a limited squad to play with which obviously goes against him, and is coming up against a team high in confidence and one who always seem to perform against us at OT.

Please sort it out Jurgen.
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #325 on: January 12, 2017, 09:09:53 pm »
I would be a lot happier about the weekend if the next 10 games didn' look like this

Manchester United  A
Swansea City H
Chelsea H
Hull City A
Tottenham Hotspur H
Leicester City A
Arsenal H
Burnley H
Manchester City A
Everton H

With cup matches mixed in.

But they do look like that and we have to rise to them .....and the opposition won't be particularly pleased about playing us either .....let's fucking get behind the team and believe .......

Offline Le_Mot_Juste

• Pity that it is hidden in thousands of considerably less merit.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fully endorse my custom title
« Reply #326 on: January 12, 2017, 09:15:36 pm »
I would be a lot happier about the weekend if the next 10 games didn' look like this

Manchester United  A
Swansea City H
Chelsea H
Hull City A
Tottenham Hotspur H
Leicester City A
Arsenal H
Burnley H
Manchester City A
Everton H

We play better in big games, and we have Coutinho back.

I'd be more worried if the next 10 involved a run of games vs teams like Stoke, Saints, Watford, Bournemouth, Sunderland et al. Those are the kinda random teams that raise their game against us, while we drop our game against them.

Spurs and Man City in particular i'm not worried about facing whatsoever. They'll present less of a threat to us than Bournemouth did.
To choose dogma and faith over doubt and experience is to throw out the ripening vintage and to reach greedily for the kool-aid.
- Hitch

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #327 on: January 12, 2017, 09:18:23 pm »
If Henderson and Coutinho are fit to start, I'd be going with:

Firmino
Coutinho Origi
Lallana Wijnaldum
Henderson
Milner Klavan Lovren Clyne
Mignolet

Subs: Karius, Moreno, Gomez, Lucas, Can, Ojo, Sturridge
Firmino and Lallana back in their best positions.  Harsh on Karius after last night's performance but Jurgen has made Mignolet our number one again.  Can and Sturridge on the bench and Origi providing pace and running in behind in the absence of Mane.  Concerned about our centre backs though!  Matip is a big loss.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #328 on: January 12, 2017, 09:23:27 pm »

Firmino
Coutinho Origi
Lallana Wijnaldum
Henderson
Mignolet

Firmino and Lallana back in their best positions.  Harsh on Karius after last night's performance but Jurgen has made Mignolet our number one again.  Can and Sturridge on the bench and Origi providing pace and running in behind in the absence of Mane.  Concerned about our centre backs though!  Matip is a big loss.

Would say that is the team but not sure there will be space in behind for Origi.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline amirani

• Legacy Fan
  • Carolina Red!
« Reply #329 on: January 12, 2017, 09:28:17 pm »
Would say that is the team but not sure there will be space in behind for Origi.

I like that lineup simply because everyone but Origi are in their preferred position. I believe Blind will start at LB for Utd. Origi against Blind is definitely a favorable match up for us.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: January 12, 2017, 09:29:28 pm »
Matip is back for this right? Oh and please bin that bogey green kit, only kit we've lost in this season.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: January 12, 2017, 09:37:19 pm »
Matip is back for this right? Oh and please bin that bogey green kit, only kit we've lost in this season.

He should be, and to be fair, we have also won in that kit so it's not entirely unlucky.

Online stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #332 on: January 12, 2017, 10:08:18 pm »
I'm worried a bit that this will be very predictable.

Utd will let us have the ball.......we'll pass back and sideways until they get 11 behind the ball and then we'll attack but get nowhere. We'll push up and leave 3 on the half-way line. Once our attack breaks down, Utd will have two fast players running past our back three with another wave behind. If Utd then win the ball we'll be disorganised running back and anything could happen. OK when I say Utd, I mean any park the bus team who we are vulnerable against.

We need to attack much quicker and isolate their defence. Recently we have taken an age to get the ball forwards and by then we face 11 defenders.
#JFT97

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #333 on: January 12, 2017, 10:16:00 pm »
Has anyone actually watched united and can honestly say they were impressed ? I've seen them recently and they are bang average .....Bang fucking average ....If we get hold of the ball and play the way we can , we could walk away from there with a two or three goal win without question ....maureeno knows it, many of their fans know it .....We just have to make sure we perform .....I think we'll win by the way

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: January 12, 2017, 10:23:13 pm »
I'm confident we will use Lallana at RM. The team picks itself if Henderson and Coutinho are back. Only questionmark would be up front, but I reckon we'll go with Firmino. Sturridge will start if Coutinho is out. I would like to see one of our strikers score a few so we know who is our main threat. Right now we are choosing between Origi, Firmino and Sturridge, but neither is making the striker role his own. Really hope we can play Coutinho. We need him now when Mane is out. With Coutinho, we will always be a threat.

I suspect the game will be tight, but also quite physical. The players I worry about are Ibrahimovic and Martial. Ibrahimovic likes these kinds of games. I also hope we can limit Carrick's influence.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: January 12, 2017, 10:27:18 pm »
Has anyone actually watched united and can honestly say they were impressed ? I've seen them recently and they are bang average .....Bang fucking average ....If we get hold of the ball and play the way we can , we could walk away from there with a two or three goal win without question ....maureeno knows it, many of their fans know it .....We just have to make sure we perform .....I think we'll win by the way
Indeed, it's one of the most flattering winning runs I've ever seen! They've had no wow game and half the wins have been gifted to them by officials, Palace and West Ham in particular was absolutely despicable. No reason we can't win this and win it well, assuming they don't get more offside goals and dodgy reds in their favour that is which is far more of a concern than their team.

Online peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: January 12, 2017, 10:27:26 pm »

Problem is that's a big IF right now. United's will go physical and in our faces just like at Anfield. At home and in much better form we couldn't handle it. Our passing, our composure, our football went to shite. Now we're away and not playing our best. To suddenly turn up with the composure and confidence to play our game would be surprising. Jose always makes big league games scrappy and tight. We can still win, absolutely. But play our football and win in style. I don't see it.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline Aceldama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: January 12, 2017, 10:55:49 pm »
At his age, I don't think he suits our pressing game

But Carrick is even older so it makes sense to match them up.

Offline gazzathered

• RAWK's Token Ginger
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #338 on: January 12, 2017, 11:20:10 pm »
Nervous about this one, im sure the players jogged about yesterday to be ready for it
YNWA

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #339 on: January 12, 2017, 11:36:18 pm »
Nervous about this one, im sure the players jogged about yesterday to be ready for it
Star-jumps, apparently.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #340 on: January 12, 2017, 11:56:31 pm »
lets just fuckin do them, simples.  :wave
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline asim173

• Main Stander
« Reply #341 on: January 13, 2017, 12:02:10 am »

Firmino
Coutinho Origi
Lallana Wijnaldum
Henderson
Mignolet

Firmino has been dire recently, showed a few nest touches in the Southampton game but that was it.
Hopefully having Coutinho back will get him firing again. Would have Origi up top though, otherwise agree with the rest.

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: January 13, 2017, 12:06:02 am »
Would like to see us front up and not get bullied around and I reckon Mourinho will instruct Herrera to to kick Coutinho out the game. Will be relatively happy to draw considering our form.

[Nobody cares what phone you have and that you are using the free version of Tapatalk]

He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: January 13, 2017, 12:32:00 am »

Firmino
Coutinho Origi
Lallana Wijnaldum
Henderson
Mignolet

Agree, think/hope this is the team. Unless there's a surprise Matip

I'd have a slightly different bench. Only one of Gomez and Lucas, replaced by Stewart. I'd probably have Lucas on the bus as #8 sub, since he's already played 180 minutes this week. An early injury to Lovren or Klavan would leave us in big trouble for the end of the second half. Would prefer Stewart to replace Henderson than Can or Lucas too, and we have to prepare for him maybe needing a substitution. It's a toss up for me between Woodburn/Ejaria/Ojo for last spot. Probably agree Ojo, as he's most experienced and natural fit for the right of the front three.

As you say, this puts everyone bar Origi in their best positions. And Origi had his best non-9 performance against Stoke recently, in terms of contributing to our build up and pressing, so hopefully we see a similar performance (with a little more goal threat)

« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 12:33:37 am by Classycara »

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: January 13, 2017, 01:35:01 am »
All the chat around the game is really winding me up. Apparently, they are the overwhelming favourites. I would dearly love for our boys to hand them a fucking thrashing right now. Really hoping that Coutinho, Matip, Hendo etc are all fully fit and sharp again.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Frizzo

• Having a Bad Hair Life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: January 13, 2017, 02:24:48 am »
They're fucking shit.

Mourinho can talk about them being the kings of bad decisions but how Rojo hasn't received a red this season and Feghouli got one when Jones should've walked is beyond me.

Add to that a few offside goals and it's safe to say they've been blessed.

We're better.

We'll win.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #346 on: January 13, 2017, 03:52:44 am »
We are very obviously saving it up to smash the mancs in that exact fashion in which, to wit, they know not what hit them. Except one of them had a shirt said llalana on it, they think, but they never got close enough to confirm. That kind of hulk smash.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline vinothmct

• Kopite
« Reply #347 on: January 13, 2017, 04:15:30 am »
*touchwood* We are winning this.

Its good omen RAWK is worried. When there is cockiness here we always lose.

Offline lapapa

• Anny Roader
« Reply #348 on: January 13, 2017, 04:38:00 am »
might be postponed won't it? with the weather being shit and all
if it is, gives us some time to get cout, matip and hendo fit and ready

Offline vinothmct

• Kopite
« Reply #349 on: January 13, 2017, 05:06:43 am »

If thats the case it will be massive for us. We might play them next month :)

Mane will be back

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #350 on: January 13, 2017, 05:21:05 am »

Thundersnow coming in tonight in some parts. Not sure what it'll be like on Sunday though.
YWNA

Offline theMilkman

• but doesn't deliver.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: January 13, 2017, 05:27:58 am »
have we really reached the point where we'd prefer the game to be postponed?  :o
"But the most important thing that we all must remember is that this football club is much more important and bigger than anybody."~ King Kenny Dalglish

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #352 on: January 13, 2017, 06:34:53 am »
have we really reached the point where we'd prefer the game to be postponed?  :o

Fucking hope so, mate. I'm off on a a cruise ship on Sunday and I'm pretty sure the fuckers aren't showing it. Online streaming on most cruise ships is pretty much nonexistent, too. Haven't missed a game in five years. Can't believe it!

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #353 on: January 13, 2017, 07:48:58 am »

Manchester United  A
Swansea City H
Chelsea H
Hull City A
Tottenham Hotspur H
Leicester City A
Arsenal H
Burnley H
Manchester City A
Everton H

Your arse has proper fallen out hasn't it.

Offline cashmere pringle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: January 13, 2017, 08:48:55 am »
i dreamed we won seven nil.

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #355 on: January 13, 2017, 08:49:25 am »

Wont be postponed, raining for sunday
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: January 13, 2017, 08:49:52 am »
Fully expect Hendo to come straight back in and have a stormer. Love seeing him in the tunnel pre match with his game face on. He'll be well rested and well up to lead the troops.
Football is a lie

Offline liversaint

• Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #357 on: January 13, 2017, 08:50:18 am »
*touchwood* We are winning this.

Its good omen RAWK is worried. When there is cockiness here we always lose.

You always seem to expect us to lose.

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline liversaint

• Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #358 on: January 13, 2017, 08:51:58 am »
Thundercunts  in here tonight in some parts. Will be worse by Sunday though.

Edited for accuracy

Offline vinothmct

• Kopite
« Reply #359 on: January 13, 2017, 09:07:50 am »
You always seem to expect us to lose.

No. I'm wary of us facing small teams . I'm wary when our players mouth off in the media.

I was dead cert we will win against city. Was fairly confident. Even against utd i feel confident. Against swansea and hull not so