Author Topic: Big screen in Lime Street  (Read 1395 times)

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
Big screen in Lime Street
« on: January 16, 2013, 09:43:02 pm »
When I went into town at lunchtime there was scaffolding all over the big screen and pink surround and they had almost finished removing the screen itself. Can only assume it was sponsored and that has run out, unless anyone knows anything more? Always assumed it paid for itself as it was always full of adverts. The old car park behind looked pretty dirty and grotty. I was never that keen on the screen but it looked better with it there today.
We are a team of one half.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Big screen in Lime Street
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 09:55:18 pm »
Yeah, noticed it Sunday.

It was pretty much all removed by then.

One can only assume that it was subsidised in some way, and then had to pay for itself.

One said subsidy or spnsorship had finished, and it wasn't making enough to be self supporting, then POP!   There she goes.

Always thought that it could of been use a whole lot better to be honest.

The council certainly could of used it for some advertising of up coming events or as an information screen for people coming in to town etc.

Maybe the airtime was just too expensive? Who knows.

It was certainly under utilised, with just a dozen rolling, looped adverts every minute or two.

Will be interesting to see if anything goes in it's place, or just the purple wrap-around.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 10:06:38 pm »
I've seen this and had a few ideas.  At first I though that perhaps the planning permission was only temporary and they're not prepared to shell out to renew it.  On the other hand they could be getting ready for the long awaited refurbishment of the market.  Or they may just be renewing the screen.

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 10:07:00 pm »
I seem to remember that it was meant to be only temporary when they build it?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Online FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 10:58:37 pm »
Its being upgraded , back soon to tell you what to buy!

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
We are a team of one half.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 06:30:30 pm »
As I recall it was put up in 2008 to hide St John's Market.  This was about the time they were going to upgrade the market but then the arse fell out of the economy and the plans were shelved.  If their idea is to make the 'iconic' screen more permanent then it's unlikely that refurbishment will be taking place anytime soon.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2013, 12:05:33 am »
They're putting the screen panels back in now.

Wish they'd use it to show the match instead of the annoying ads.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly