Author Topic: Liverpool 3-1 Newcastle: Full time.....  (Read 43240 times)

Offline GODS LEFT BOOT

• Legacy Fan
  • ...AND THE SWEET SILVER SONG OF THE LARK
Re: Liverpool 3-1 Newcastle: Full time.....
« Reply #600 on: December 31, 2011, 12:35:05 am »
That'll be my desk top background until the day die or sober, whichever is first.
Don't bet on it.

;D
If my assistant had not signalled a goal, I would have given a penalty and sent off goalkeeper Patr Cheh. he beeped me to signal the foul. The noise from the crowd  stopped me hearing it, I have been involved at places like Barcelona, Ibrox, Old Trafford, Arsenal, but I've never in my life been involved in such an atmosphere. IT WAS INCREDIBLE

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #601 on: December 31, 2011, 12:35:17 am »
Give him a bit of time playing games with Stevie on the park, giving him the service he needs and then ask the question.

Not too long ago people were asking what Lucas brought to the side, and some even questioned whether Gerrard was worth his salary - now few would like to see a team with either of them missing.

Spot on but the first few words is the crux.

Offline jah008

• Anny Roader
  • It's company policy to give you the plague!
« Reply #602 on: December 31, 2011, 12:35:37 am »
What did we learn today?

1. Spearing can cover Lucas' role.
2. Agger and Skrtel are boss!! Agger with his runs. Skrtel with a brilliant clearance off the line. Was almost as good as scoring a goal.
3. Carroll needs confidence. He needs people closer to him when he gets the ball. And he needs better balls in from the rest of the team. The goals will come.

btw... i like that new kid we signed... what's his name? Played with the number 8 on his back.
"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #603 on: December 31, 2011, 12:35:47 am »
Correlation does not equal causality.
Piss off.
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline lesknow

• Main Stander
« Reply #604 on: December 31, 2011, 12:36:37 am »
I have to say that I think Carroll's problem, and the reason why he's hit the woodwork so GD many times this season, is because he's been aiming for the stands the whole time. Once he starts aiming straight for the bar, they'll be flying in by the century!

Good result tonight, but not just for the three points - it's been a while since I've been confident of a result after going behind. Bellamy is a complete nightmare, Agger & Skrtel are still covered in tattoos, having Wee back gives us that balance in the middle & Stevie's said he won't be taking his fitness for granted any more. We sure as hell won't be...
I think this was 2001, in the Texas state legislature, they were trying to outlaw sodomy, while at the SAME time, trying to repeal the law against bestiality.
So potentially, you couldn't make love in the privacy of your own home, but you'd be able to go down to the local pound & have a good ol LEGAL Texas style dawg fuckin!
DO NOT MESS WITH TEXAS

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #605 on: December 31, 2011, 12:37:00 am »
Piss off.

You're right, let's start the big man every single game at Anfield. We're gonna win the league!
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #606 on: December 31, 2011, 12:38:01 am »
He celebrated the first goal.

But that wasn't in front of the Newcastle fans.
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #607 on: December 31, 2011, 12:38:34 am »
Great win. Unlucky not to have clean sheet

Gerrard is boss

Carroll and downing really make me cry
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline Studog

• Kopite
« Reply #608 on: December 31, 2011, 12:39:01 am »
Correlation does not equal causality.

My day to day looks at a fair bit of correlation analysis. Your argument is crap...

Offline El_Pistolero7

• Legacy Fan
  • A liverbird upon my chest...
« Reply #609 on: December 31, 2011, 12:39:41 am »
People shouldnt use his age as an excuse. If i was 22 and playing for Liverpool I wouldnt be sprinting, pressuring defenders not stood on the half way line, hands on hips 

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #610 on: December 31, 2011, 12:41:11 am »
whats the beef with krul?

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #611 on: December 31, 2011, 12:42:16 am »
My day to day looks at a fair bit of correlation analysis. Your argument is crap...

My day to day looks at statistics (quantitative models etc) more than a fair bit. I know my argument's not   :wave
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #612 on: December 31, 2011, 12:43:37 am »
You're right, let's start the big man every single game at Anfield. We're gonna win the league!
You cant argue with the stats. (apart from the QPR game  ;) )
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #613 on: December 31, 2011, 12:43:52 am »
Also was this not the first game we had won from 1-0 behind for some time?

363 days to be precise! Bolton on New Year's Day was the last time.

For what it's worth:

Reina - next to nothing to do, blameless for the goal
Enrique - solid as ever, maybe could release it earlier at times but very good
Agger - unlucky with the goal, 2 or 3 quality surges, especially that one late in the first half
Skrtel - good again, brilliant for the clearance, had given that one up
Johnson - got forward well, end product not as good as usual tonight
Bellamy - quality finish for the first, not the best free kick ever for the 2nd but who cares! Simpson made his mind up for him too
Spearing - very tidy, switched the play nicely at times too
Adam - bit sloppy, struggles to control a game but always creates one or two good opportunities a game and played his part for the first
Henderson - struggled a bit to get involved for the first hour but seemed to get stronger as the game opened up
Downing - usual story really. Beat his man a few times, cut inside and went on the outside, still no truly cutting moments
Carroll - struggled first half, without doing too much differently showed he can be a weapon with the right service when Gerrard came on

Gerrard - welcome back! Let's hope he can stay fit. I was thinking the other night when Bale scored his 2nd that it was a very Gerrard like goal and how we were missing that. Those bursts at pace from deep with and without the ball are so hard to stop. He was like a force of nature for his goal and helped make Henderson's mind up when previously he might have dallied.
Kuyt - his usual mix, his great pressing helped us win the ball back for his 3rd

All in all, delighted with the result and pretty happy with the performance. Positive signs all round really. Happy New Year to you all!

Offline -Q-

• What's the Q for? The workhouse for the poor and the gallows for the left.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #614 on: December 31, 2011, 12:44:03 am »
Andre Marriner reffing the City game.
Welcome to Liverpool Brendan Rodgers
Quote from: Brendan Rodgers
Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore...     Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game...     I will fight for my life for the supporters and the people of this city

Offline Tomo!

• Shit post editor! Will be giving his wife one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #615 on: December 31, 2011, 12:44:45 am »
Think Carroll had a good game, also think Gerrard showed how to get the best out of him.

Crosses from Downing, Johnson, Enrique, Bellamy etc are a bit telegraphed when there well forwards its the obvious option.
It's the early crosses from deep he'll thrive on, could of had three goals in the half hour Gerrard was on?
Google messi topless on holiday. Now look at david silva, villa, iniesta, xavi, they have the upper bodies of little boys.

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #616 on: December 31, 2011, 12:44:50 am »
My day to day looks at statistics (quantitative models etc) more than a fair bit. I know my argument's not   :wave

I sense a nerd-off.

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #617 on: December 31, 2011, 12:46:18 am »
People shouldnt use his age as an excuse. If i was 22 and playing for Liverpool I wouldnt be sprinting, pressuring defenders not stood on the half way line, hands on hips 
.........and for that reason, I'm out of the Liverpool 3 Newcastle 1 thread. L8ters.  ::)

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #618 on: December 31, 2011, 12:46:24 am »
Boss.

Offline glewis93

• Kopite
« Reply #619 on: December 31, 2011, 12:46:28 am »
Resisted the temptation to post after Blackburn due to everyone jumping on the negatives.

Great win today, plenty of positives but the main one is the confidence coming back. Very easy to forget how important Steven Gerrard is to the side. Skrtel brilliant yet again, Downing improving and Henderson showed great awareness for Gerrards' goal.

We have a rested Suarez back for City, combined with the advantage of an extra 2 days to prepare. Have a go at them and we can hopefully take something.

Looking forward to a weekend of footie knowing we've already got the win.
Long Live Lucas Leiva!

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #620 on: December 31, 2011, 12:48:39 am »
PHEW!!

Relief is what i felt when Gerrard scored the third....not cos we were playing badly, but because the game had been put to bed (more or less)

I wanted to cut Carroll's throat after he miscontrolled that wonder-pass from Gerrard....but the 2nd goal came shortly after and the third was an awesome finish from the captain we have sorely missed. TAKE NOTE ALL OTHER PLAYERS IN A RED SHIRT....that's how you finish.

We didn't create as much clear-cut-teeth-grinding chances....but controlled the game. 1st half was flat, their goal was lucky and i was thinking the worst as u all must have been....but we reacted quickly and well....Bellamy was fantastic. Man of the match...closely followed by Spearing for me. Special mention to Skrtel for that unbelievable goal-line clearance.

Think Henderson wasn't that hot today, a couple of situations i was screaming at him to take a chance and strike or show more initiative....other than him think the rest played decent enough. Adam had flashes of good play but was a bit on the poor side too....

Don't wanna finish on negative tho.....welcome back Stevie lad. Hopefully you can provide the inspiration for the rest of the squad to make this push for 4th place.

P.S who woulda thought our highest goals tally in a game would come without our most creative player?
P.P.S if we're ever going to get anything out of Carroll....he must play when Stevie plays...

cmon redmen!!! now to enjoy the rest of the football for the first time in a long time.... :D
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 12:50:36 am by redk84 »
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #621 on: December 31, 2011, 12:48:41 am »
How. The. Fuck. Can. People. Still. Be. Fucking. Whining?

We fucking won 3-1.

We have gone through a bad patch at home. Granted.

3. Fucking. 1.

Cheer up for fucks sake you miserable fucking bastards.

3-1. What do you want?

Go and have a fucking wank or something. 3-1.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline El_Pistolero7

• Legacy Fan
  • A liverbird upon my chest...
« Reply #622 on: December 31, 2011, 12:49:13 am »
whats the beef with krul?

Taking 6 mins to take each goal kick

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #623 on: December 31, 2011, 12:49:46 am »
Did you not think we started to lose control of the midfield around the hour mark Andy? ;)
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #624 on: December 31, 2011, 12:50:27 am »
Did you not think we started to lose control of the midfield around the hour mark Andy? ;)

When Gerrard came on Spearing was there to cover. It worked.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline iheartthetoons

• Main Stander
  • Howay The Lads!
« Reply #625 on: December 31, 2011, 12:50:30 am »
thought you guys played well, deserved to win for sure, congrats, but im glad we got one, could have had 2 but our wingers are shite at the mo and we just aren't penetrating enough in the final third. bit disappointed, but would rather win the games we should be winning - also am pleased that liverpool stepped up their game to play us, makes me feel like we have greatly improved. hopefully it's a different story at SJP, cough sorry i mean the sports shit arena.

only thing i had about the match was that the commentators drove me mad with their wankfest over you - god i had to turn the damn thing off. talk about one sided sky loving!!! im sure you guys were alright with it, but bloody hell, for a toon fan it was non stop!
"I've turned down Barcelona, Inter Milan, Juventus and Manchester United to play here. I hope everyone already knows how much it means to me to play for Newcastle United." - Alan Shearer reveals the club's he turned down to play for Newcastle.

Ah... those were the days...

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #626 on: December 31, 2011, 12:51:00 am »
How. The. Fuck. Can. People. Still. Be. Fucking. Whining?

We fucking won 3-1.

We have gone through a bad patch at home. Granted.

3. Fucking. 1.

Cheer up for fucks sake you miserable fucking bastards.

3-1. What do you want?

Go and have a fucking wank or something. 3-1.
and Gerrard played a blinder and scored..   ;)

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #627 on: December 31, 2011, 12:51:21 am »
Carroll's main problem was that before Gerrard came on there was nobody within about 20 yards of the lad whenever he got the ball.
Been the case all season mate, tonight he actually failed to run to an appropriate place or positioning.
Aren't we all experts thou.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #628 on: December 31, 2011, 12:52:10 am »
and Gerrard played a blinder and scored..   ;)

Great goal. Well taken. He did well and was covered well.

Offline Nin

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #629 on: December 31, 2011, 12:53:59 am »
An attacking midfielder needs cover, who would've thought.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #630 on: December 31, 2011, 12:54:38 am »
One defeat at home in 2011 - I know the killjoys will (probably rightly) bemoan the draws but that's still decent. It's good to get back to being hard to beat.

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #631 on: December 31, 2011, 12:55:41 am »
Something that I've been thinking recently and kind of had it confirmed tonight is that when we've played teams this season, particularly at home, we haven't had those "star names" in the team for the opposition to be worried about. We've had Suarez and every defender has done his best against him but the only way they can stop him is to kick the shit out of him but in the midfield, it's been seen as our weakness and I think opposition managers have probably told their teams to have a go at us because going forward from midfield, we have really struggled at times to dominate.

When Gerrard came on, they looked very timid and our superiority grew. It made me think that teams have seen our lineups before games, seen the absences of someone like Gerrard and thought they could have a real go at us, which they have. With Gerrard in the team, they get a bit worried in a similar way that teams do against the Mancs, that they've already got an obstacle to overcome mentally before they even step on the pitch. It's also the same when defenders grew in stature when Torres used to be subbed off and I think with that class player in our midfield, we have that extra mental edge.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline Capon Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #632 on: December 31, 2011, 12:56:23 am »
One defeat at home in 2011 - I know the killjoys will (probably rightly) bemoan the draws but that's still decent. It's good to get back to being hard to beat.

Talk sense you mate,pretty much all the time
MAM!!! OUR BARRYS WEARING ME UNDIES AGAIN!! TELL HIM WILL YE!!

https://thedeadradiobroadcast.bandcamp.com/releases
https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com

Offline -Q-

• What's the Q for? The workhouse for the poor and the gallows for the left.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #633 on: December 31, 2011, 12:57:29 am »
Gerrard and Carroll have never started a game together.  Tonight's evidence suggests that when they do, we will start to see goals.
Welcome to Liverpool Brendan Rodgers
Quote from: Brendan Rodgers
Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore...     Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game...     I will fight for my life for the supporters and the people of this city

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #634 on: December 31, 2011, 12:58:43 am »
Been the case all season mate, tonight he actually failed to run to an appropriate place or positioning.
Aren't we all experts thou.

He never moves from one spot, which is why unless you put the ball in the air he is easy to defend against and has been manhandled by nearly every defender this season. I remember Enrique put in a good ball low on the floor and he was still complaining, if he had moved maybe a couple yards to the left he might of got onto the ball.

Offline Studog

• Kopite
« Reply #635 on: December 31, 2011, 12:59:01 am »
I sense a nerd-off.

Could be but I won't bite. We played well. Carroll included. The stats will show this....
I'd study the regression of carroll's additions vs winning but I'd rather have a bevvy

Offline seal75

• Kopite
« Reply #636 on: December 31, 2011, 01:00:05 am »
was you at the match? was he really that good cuz it looked to me on the tele that it was only bellamy and gerrard who stood out as different cup of meat?
Spearing stood out in the way he helped us control the midfield. It's not all about attacking, assisting and scoring goals  ;)
One of the things we lacked against Blackburn was the control in midfied With a player like Spearing we have a platform on which to build our attack.

He's a different player to Lucas, but I really like his Bull-terrier's style approach where he runs after every leg hanging around to have a good bite  :lickin
"Ni pour, ni contre. Bien au contraire!", Coluche.

Offline Capon Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #637 on: December 31, 2011, 01:01:21 am »
He never moves from one spot, which is why unless you put the ball in the air he is easy to defend against and has been manhandled by nearly every defender this season. I remember Enrique put in a good ball low on the floor and he was still complaining, if he had moved maybe a couple yards to the left he might of got onto the ball.
Not a chance,there were about 3 players infront of him.The ball we were using wasnt a bullet from the film 'Runaway' starring Thomas Selleck of 'Magnum' fame
MAM!!! OUR BARRYS WEARING ME UNDIES AGAIN!! TELL HIM WILL YE!!

https://thedeadradiobroadcast.bandcamp.com/releases
https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #638 on: December 31, 2011, 01:02:22 am »
Gerrard and Carroll have never started a game together.  Tonight's evidence suggests that when they do, we will start to see goals.
I have noticed that, politically, me and you are polar opposites. Football wise, I have a hell of a lot of time for you.

Offline WhiteHeat

• Legacy Fan
  • wants the traditions of LFC back.
« Reply #639 on: December 31, 2011, 01:03:05 am »
More Friday night games at Anfield please. The atmosphere was boss tonight and really inspired us. Enjoyed the footy we played as well.