Author Topic: Reclaim The Kop  (Read 3547 times)

Offline TheFamousKop

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Reclaim The Kop
« on: March 21, 2014, 12:30:56 am »
Alright Reds, since the beginning of this season I have restarted the Reclaim The Kop campaign. In 2007 a similar campaign was started and was partially successful and affective. That particular campaign had the help of SOS, and helped raise money for Hillsborough and succeeded in getting the club involved, which resulted in Block 305 of The Kop becoming a standing section. Since then the atmosphere has reduced and is only really half decent when the big teams come to town.

As a passionate, local supporter, I took on the task of restarting this campaign in an attempt to get those amazing atmospheres back at Anfield. Liverpool supporters are a unique bunch, we're known worldwide for our Kop that is a sea of red scarves and flags, our unique sway, our famous roar, our none stop singing, our never say die attitude, our belief and our loyalty. For some those traits are non existent now, attending the match is a hobby, just something to pass the time away. For others like me going the match is about standing on those famous steps of The Kop where stories and dreams have been made for decades, showing our passion and love for the club most of us call our religion, our life.

My aim is to get help from larger organisations to advertise and promote what we're doing. To get in touch with as many Reds who are as passionate as me, who have a similar vision and who want the days were The Kop was a force back. I also want to speak to those who do not make an effort to support any more, find out why and explain to them that their lack of passion on the stands affects everybody's match going experience. By next season I want to have lots more support and be able to fund banners and flags for The Kop, leaflets, our charter and stickers.

As many of you know, going the match is not all about watching the game, to be honest I'm on 305 most games and miss the majority of the game and have to watch MOTD to see what happened, that's down to the fact that I spend my day on The Kop bouncing and singing in support for the team I love.

People tell me that changing the modern day Kop is a long shot, but it is something I honestly believe can happen if I get enough backing and support from other supporters. If we all pull together we can do it.

My message to supporters being lucky enough to be on The Kop is simple. Don't become a modern day football fan. When you walk through those turnstiles you walk into a stadium full of history and tradition. And it is our job as supporters to keep up those traditions. We are unique and superior to any modern day fan. So take a step back in time every time you walk onto The Kop remember what your role is as a Kopite. To provide a bastion of support for your beloved Liverpool Football Club. The Kop is the pinnacle of support but if you are elsewhere in the ground I encourage you to do the same.

Get onto the stands 20 minutes before kickoff and get the songs going, Wear RED and take your scarves and flags, sway during YNWA, stay stood during the match and sing as many different songs as possible, remember and sing for the legends of the past and give the current players and manager the support they need and stay until the final whistle.

Let ALL of our opponents know who they are playing, and ensure our players walk onto that pitch feeling untouchable and superior. I am not asking for the world, I am asking for Liverpool supporters to re-vitalise the support we were once famous for.

"WE ARE THE FAMOUS KOPITES" we sing, so lets show the world why!!!

I will be grateful for any POSITIVE feed back, I need as much support as possible. Follow us on twitter @TheFamousKop and if you would like to get in touch with any advice or opinions then email us at TheFamousKop@outlook.com

Thanks for reading
@TheFamousKop

Reclaim The Kop

Jay

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Reclaim The Kop
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 12:35:45 am »
I don't mean to sound like I'm putting a downer on it, as I'm all for anything that will help the atmosphere, but is there need for yet another 'group' to help improve it? We seem to have a fair few already.

Offline TheFamousKop

• Boys Pen
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 01:08:15 am »
Not seen any mate! Only one I know of are the lads at SpionKop1906 who solely deal with banners for The Kop and aways. Don't think theres any out there actually trying to have an affect on standing and singing like the days were The Kop was immense.
@TheFamousKop

Reclaim The Kop

Jay

Offline ollick

• Huge Dick..and a Big Knob too!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Arghhhh
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 10:37:09 am »
Are you confusing 'standing' with 'singing' when you talk 305? I would doubt very much that the club would agree to any such thing.

You probably consider it a moot point but I seem to remember RTK having a bit of an early PR gaffe in 2007 when it first started that put some people's backs up.

Other than that, I think the aim is good and you are obviously talking/writing from the heart.

Maybe the club needs to look at something like closing the gates 15 mins before kick off to get everyone in.
Why do people quote other people for the sigs?  What' the point?

Offline TheFamousKop

• Boys Pen
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2014, 03:32:38 pm »
No mate, 305 is a standing singing section. The whole of block 305 stand up every game, and the majoroty of 304 and 306 join us too. If that area could be expanded into the middle of The Kop then were onto a winner with the noise generating from the central Kop.

People seen the other RTK as a campaign to change everything, Im not looking for change Im looking for "Bringing back" the traditions of The Kop and encouraging modern day supporters who are brought up with recording and photographing football matches whilst sitting quietly, to swap there modern day style support to the support Kopites are famous for.

Its something that can happen given the time and support.
@TheFamousKop

Reclaim The Kop

Jay

Offline lostandfound

• Actually, just lost - might be in the wrong forum!
  • Main Stander
  • Do you like Huey Lewis and the News?
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2014, 11:47:43 am »
Given said time I do believe the famous atmosphere we once all knew will make a return.

When though? When we win the league? When were in the Champs League? Probably.

But this saddens me deeply. Fans who sing only during times of success are shite. I sit in the upper Centenary, well known for the atmosphere of a funeral. Despite the fact of the shit atmosphere, I wouldn't change it for the world.

Any campaigns as of such I will support, anything better than what we pull out nowadays.

The sad thing is, we still have a better atmosphere than any other teams in the league!

Offline ollick

• Huge Dick..and a Big Knob too!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Arghhhh
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2014, 11:42:47 am »
No mate, 305 is a standing singing section. The whole of block 305 stand up every game, and the majoroty of 304 and 306 join us too. If that area could be expanded into the middle of The Kop then were onto a winner with the noise generating from the central Kop.

People seen the other RTK as a campaign to change everything, Im not looking for change Im looking for "Bringing back" the traditions of The Kop and encouraging modern day supporters who are brought up with recording and photographing football matches whilst sitting quietly, to swap there modern day style support to the support Kopites are famous for.

Its something that can happen given the time and support.

No it's not, least not an official one anyway, if you want to go down that route and link the club to it, then there's that PR gaffe I was talking about.

You think HFSG, HFH etc will be happy with you or the club if word gets around that it's sanctioned?

Also SOS wasn't around at the time of RTK.

I'm not sure if you're being revisionist or just a bit thoughtless.
Why do people quote other people for the sigs?  What' the point?

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2014, 01:36:29 pm »
I certainly remember the original RTK.  They had all the right ideas but their PR was not very good at first, although it did get better.  My memory's going, but they organised at least one mosaic - BBC Hires Liars if I'm not mistaken.  Bloody hard workers, I'll say that for them.  I must look through my ancient posts .........

Anyway.  Good luck fella.   :wave
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.