Author Topic: FT Southampton 1 - 0 Liverpool (Redmond 20')  (Read 32360 times)

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: FT Southampton 1 - 0 Liverpool (Redmond 20')
« Reply #120 on: January 11, 2017, 09:52:02 pm »
At least Coutinho is back playing again, I bet we'll see a goal from him on Sunday.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #121 on: January 11, 2017, 09:52:13 pm »
The last three games are warnings.

If we learn from them, make the right changes then they can just be footnotes of an excellent season. If we don't, and persist with the likes of Lucas and Can then we're really going to end up disappointed. We just don't have the quality elsewhere at the moment to carry players like that, we're utterly reliant on our first XI and we just have to hope they can get themselves fit and remain so.

1-0, meh. Overturned far worse than that.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #122 on: January 11, 2017, 09:52:15 pm »
After the fun and games we had there last season, that can only be viewed with considerable disappointment. There were only a handful of positives to take from that performance:

Karius isn't that bad after all. Commanded his box and could do pretty much heehaw about their goal. Looked sharp and decisive, which was good to see.

Coutinho did more in half an hour, and with only an handful of training sessions under his belt, than we had done collectively as a team in the first hour. His return is timely.

The tie isn't over, they have cope with our gaff on a semi final night. Puel will absolutely play the same tactics, without a shadow of a doubt. We should have Hendo back by then too, which will fundamentally change our performance level.

I'll spare the individual bashing because I reckon those plays will know who they are, and undoubtedly others on here will feel obliged to do it for me. But worry not, we can have this lot, they're not as good as they think they are, and they were visibly fucked at around 75 minutes in. A solid, raucous battering is due for them in a fortnight. Forget about tonight, fuck the grief you'll get from Mancs and bitters, we'll sort it out in the next leg.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #123 on: January 11, 2017, 09:52:15 pm »
Looks like we're running out of steam

Virgil van Dijk Very impressive again

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: January 11, 2017, 09:52:28 pm »
Am I missing something re Can he gives very little !
He is very poor and way below Ejaria in every way.
Sturridge was equally as poor, tackles like a super model and slower than my mum.

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: January 11, 2017, 09:52:28 pm »
Romeu and van Dijk bossed the whole game, they just did what they wanted. As soon as Lallana got the ball they just pushed him over clear fouls but as they weren't tackles just got ignored... Can has been atrocious for some time now, and I'm a big fan, but his reactions and awareness were so shit, and his first touch was like a clearance tonight
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline stuartheal

• Kopite
« Reply #126 on: January 11, 2017, 09:52:42 pm »
We were shit but still well in his tie.

Sunday can't come soon enough. No way will we play this badly again.

Nice to see Coutinho back; that's the one big positive tonight.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: January 11, 2017, 09:53:03 pm »
Feels like a win, lucky to get away with 1-0

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: January 11, 2017, 09:53:05 pm »
Shambolic, effectively carved open numerous times by one of the league's most goal shy teams.
Klavan, Lucas & Can particularly shocking.
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Offline DPB RED

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #129 on: January 11, 2017, 09:53:05 pm »
Didn't waste too much energy tonight. Saving themselves for the Utd  game.
Coutinho got a good 30 minutes under his belt. Let's go on Sunday.

Offline redalways

• ...so needs a pair of clean knickers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: January 11, 2017, 09:53:13 pm »
I was doing some coursework second half so maybe I wasn't concentrating enough. I thought he had a good game. Great ball control

That's why we lost you fucker.

Offline M7 Heckler

• Anny Roader
« Reply #131 on: January 11, 2017, 09:53:20 pm »
If van dijk played for us we would have won. Ive been banging this same god damn drum all season and I'll bang it again- our centre backs are second rate. Poor poor players.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #132 on: January 11, 2017, 09:53:26 pm »
Southampton x2, Bournemouth as well. I really hope Brighton don't come up.

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: January 11, 2017, 09:53:29 pm »
Hopefully Henderson will be back for the return leg.

Henderson, Matip and Coutinho is like the spine of our team. Having them all sidelined at the start of the game was unfortunate.
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #134 on: January 11, 2017, 09:53:32 pm »
It looked as if the lads had been on the ale since 11 this morning and turned up and played a game of footie. It was embarrassing at times, the basics were not there and we looked lost.

Offline Greek Ern

• Kemlynite
« Reply #135 on: January 11, 2017, 09:53:40 pm »
Sorry mate, you're probably in the minority there.
It might not be saying much but I agree, he was.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: January 11, 2017, 09:53:45 pm »
Well that was a bit shit

We still have more than enough to turn them over in the 2nd leg though

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #137 on: January 11, 2017, 09:53:46 pm »
WHERE HAS THE EMRE CAN THREAD GONE??

Offline FernandoTourettes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: January 11, 2017, 09:53:47 pm »
Should have been 3-0. Count our lucky stars we're in this tie. I'll take that as a positive.

We're totally lacking in (to use a Klopp term) momentum at this stage in the season.

Hope we got that performance out of our system because Utd would finish some of those chances tonight.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: January 11, 2017, 09:53:50 pm »
No pace, no fun.

No pace no party.

Klopps play does not work as well without pace. Our man with pace has gone. We choose not to replace, our own doing. Fucking stupidity. 5 more huge games this month too.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: January 11, 2017, 09:53:54 pm »
Very good result, considering the performance and the chances Southampton had. Karius was by far our best player tonight.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: January 11, 2017, 09:53:55 pm »
We have so gone off the boil in the past month. Look like our usual 6-8 place finish team of the past 5 years suddenly. In Sept/Oct we looked the best outfit around.  Can't understand what has happened.

It's a combination of our best player getting injured and now Mane not being available who was absolutely key to providing the pacey option to hit to prevent teams from sticking six men in the box. We'll get better I think, but we desperately need another wide player with pace. If nothing else, just to freshen things up.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: January 11, 2017, 09:53:55 pm »
I was doing some coursework second half so maybe I wasn't concentrating enough. I thought he had a good game. Great ball control
Haha watch it back my friend, you will see. Way out of character from Lallana, he's been superb and can be spared the odd off permance.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: January 11, 2017, 09:54:00 pm »
We can't say we're not a lucky side. We should have lost by 3 or 4 tonight. Still in it but the recent signs haven't been good.

Offline Crackerjack Sam

• Legacy Fan
  • Egyptian Magician
« Reply #144 on: January 11, 2017, 09:54:05 pm »
Abject, woeful and down right awful. Why Southampton didn't finish us off, I have no idea?
Can and Milner were the worst offenders today. Just had no idea, not a scooby.
In fact the whole team were shambolic bar Karius who did what was required of him.
We'll gave em' at Anfield, but I'm more worried about Sunday.
Positives?  Only one nil down and Phil is back. That's it!
PSN ID - hajme1   
Sticking to RAWK I am.  Real forum, real mods, real fans, fair and unbiased opinions etc..etc.. 8)

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: January 11, 2017, 09:54:09 pm »
Positives:
Only 1-0
Surely can't have another game where all outfield players where fucking shit
Cout is back

Can we swap all our defenders for Van Dijk?

Offline amirani

• Legacy Fan
  • Carolina Red!
« Reply #146 on: January 11, 2017, 09:54:09 pm »
Isn't the fact we have a great chance of getting to a final despite playing badly also a positive?

true, we are still in it.

Offline cricketrocks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: January 11, 2017, 09:54:18 pm »
We have so gone off the boil in the past month. Look like our usual 6-8 place finish team of the past 5 years suddenly. In Sept/Oct we looked the best outfit around.  Can't understand what has happened.
Apart from the 4 match win streak, right? Unless you mean in January, which less than two weeks old.

Ah, why am I bothering...?

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: January 11, 2017, 09:54:26 pm »
That's why we lost you fucker.

I tabbed back every time the crowd made a big noise  ;D it's not my fault
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline JustDan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: January 11, 2017, 09:54:38 pm »
They played very defensively & it worked for them, so fair play. However, I saw little to worry about.

In the 2nd leg, with the crowd behind them, we should have more than enough to win the tie.

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: January 11, 2017, 09:54:40 pm »
At least resting them all against Plymouth paid off NOT, the last three games against Sunderland Plymouth and tonight were awful. Have we actually created 1 good opportunity in the last 2 games I can't recall one. Plus if we had 100 corners I could say I would be 99.9% confident we wouldn't score, but If the opposition had 1 corner I wouldn't be so confident, we are without doubt the worst team in the universe and I include Jupiter and mars from corners.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: January 11, 2017, 09:54:51 pm »

The only regular who can be reasonably proud is Lallana.

And even then I've never seen him give the ball away as much as he did in the second half.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: January 11, 2017, 09:55:02 pm »
Monumentally poor performance, lucky to still be in the tie, not gonna single anyone out but the majority of them were atrocious.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: January 11, 2017, 09:55:13 pm »
It's one thing to be poor going forward - you'd trust Jurgen and the players to improve that for the second leg - but the complete lack of leadership at the back is coming to the fore far too much. Southampton were very successful at exploiting that tonight and we can consider ourselves lucky to be only one down.

Tie still very much there to play for in the second leg but there will need to be a drastic improvement.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline Midget

• R Kelly's love rival
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #154 on: January 11, 2017, 09:55:23 pm »

- We have lost two of our three piano players. First Coutinho, then Mane. We have also lost our best midfielder in Henderson, and best defender in Matip.

- We are a rollercoaster team by nature. We have ups and downs. Sometimes the ups last longer than the downs, sometimes the reverse. I advice to enjoy the ups while they last.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #155 on: January 11, 2017, 09:55:30 pm »
WHERE HAS THE EMRE CAN THREAD GONE??

Disappeared, a bit like his form of late. I said I wouldn't bash but I must make an exception here, the kid needs a rest. Lucas was far more effective than him defensively tonight.

Offline Isaacsways

• Anny Roader
« Reply #156 on: January 11, 2017, 09:55:31 pm »
It's plain to see how badly we need to sign some more players. Surely everyone can see that?  The squad really isn't great at all. Tonight we looked tired again, it's concerning this isn't just a one off. To me it looks like the combination of an average squad with the high pressing game we play is really catching up with the team, this league is so different to what Klopp is used to. We should of lost 3 or 4 nill tonight and that would of been a fair result. I think we'll struggle Sunday too.

Offline Malcolm Night

• Anny Roader
« Reply #157 on: January 11, 2017, 09:55:36 pm »
Really shite that apart from Karius who was excellent in goals tonight - his best performance for us so far. We should have lost that 2 or 3-0. Clearly lacked creativity in midfield, I love the man but that was the worst performance from Can that I can remember. We needed him to be our creativity in midfield today as Lucas and Gini aren't that kind of player and he just kept losing the ball time and time again.  :butt

On a more positive note Coutinho got a decent run out and didn't look too rusty. Karius excellent, no injuries, we're still very much in the tie with a game at Anfield under the floodlights and I'm sure we'll have a great atmosphere for it  :wave

Offline richmiller1

• No! We will not let you go, let him go!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: January 11, 2017, 09:55:41 pm »
We deserved to be completely out of this. Verging on the miraculous that we aren't. Ghastly performance.

Can in particular is in a grisly run of form, almost cruel making him play through it.

No real concerns over the second leg , the coming weekend on the other hand I'm now officially bricking it. Turn in a performance like that and it could be a cricket score.

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: January 11, 2017, 09:55:56 pm »
Poor performance all over. Not worried about the second leg, two weeks to sort ourselves out and if we play anywhere near our level we'll go through.

We need a big lift for Sunday. We're missing Henderson badly at the minute, hopefully he's fit for Sunday.