Author Topic: Jordan Henderson-Officially a Liverpool player- Discussion  (Read 266840 times)

Offline LiverpoolForever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exit Calm new single ''The Rapture'' out Feb 18.
Re: Jordan Henderson-Officially a Liverpool player- Discussion
« Reply #1240 on: June 19, 2011, 09:54:15 pm »
Because we don't have an infinate budget. And we are then trying to save 2-3 million on proven players, which we could miss out, because a large chunk was wasted on a bizarre transfer.

And you know what the budget is how exactly? How do you know all this? Erm.....you havent a clue.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1241 on: June 19, 2011, 09:54:56 pm »
Fuckers rippin the lad before he's even kicked a ball for us

dunno whether to laugh or cry...

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1242 on: June 19, 2011, 09:55:06 pm »
He just had a bad tournament, that's all.  Plenty of quality players have done the same, and then put in a blinding season.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1243 on: June 19, 2011, 09:55:22 pm »
We don't have a budget.

Offline Drake31

• Legacy Fan
  • all hail king kenny
« Reply #1244 on: June 19, 2011, 09:56:32 pm »
Bears repeating. I'm not sure why the £20m number is still floating around so much.
you can prob blame the press :butt and sky news for that
"IF YOU CAN'T SUPPORT US WHEN WE LOSE OR DRAW, DON'T SUPPORT US WHEN WE WIN!" Heed this advice or get the fuck off our forum.

Offline LiverpoolForever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1245 on: June 19, 2011, 09:56:51 pm »
Thank fuck for some sense in what appears to be a wilderness of complete piss and bollocks.  There are some complete arseholes on here again tonight.

I'll judge him in the red shirt, not how he plays for England.

Jordan's been purchased on potential and future development.  Not the here and now.  He may take a few seasons to mature and show his full potential.

It seems that a majority of folk on here have no patience or sense whatsoever.

Exactly , it was the same with Lucas , people expected him to boss the midfield at 20.

Why cant people see it as an investment for the future and realise he is not anywhere near the finished article?.

Offline JLFC

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1246 on: June 19, 2011, 09:57:12 pm »
Fuckers rippin the lad before he's even kicked a ball for us

dunno whether to laugh or cry...

Exactly same opinion here, for all the lets jump on a new player because of his fee supporters "Give the lad a chance!!" If Kenny says he's good enough to play for us then I back the King's Judgement and so should everyone one of you!! (This is not aimed at the supporters giving Henderson a chance)

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
« Reply #1247 on: June 19, 2011, 09:57:35 pm »
Mate come on.

Henderson is not a patch on Modric and you know it.

Also he isn't a 20m player. This signing is a massive gamble.

However lets see how he does in the red shirt and hopefully he will be prove me wrong.

What the hell!

Wait until Henderson reaches 25, then make the comparison.

Forget the obsession over his price tag.  The owners and Kenny were prepared to pay that much, and I'd rather trust them than your opinion.
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

Offline JovaJova

• Advises you to avoid premature Jovaculation.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1248 on: June 19, 2011, 09:57:39 pm »
Now that everyone seems to think he's shite, when he is playing out of position in a far inferior team and under a far inferior manager, maybe there will be less pressure on him when the new season starts. Who cares if he cost 16m, 20m or 120m. None of us forked out a single cent, so let us just wait and watch before we judge.

It would have been nice if he was able to rise above playing with supposed inferior players but he hasn't been able to.

The good thing for Henderson is he probably won't be first choice come the start of the season so he'll be gradually eased into life with us and will have to fight hard to earn his place on merit. Expectations will therefore be minimal so hopefully we'll be pleasantly surprised when he does force his way in.
You said, I think I'm like Tennessee Williams, I wait for the click, I wait but it doesn't kick in

Offline Thiago

• Legacy Fan
  • Knows more than you
« Reply #1249 on: June 19, 2011, 09:57:57 pm »
We don't have a budget.

Unlimited bank balance cheat?

Offline locultom

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1250 on: June 19, 2011, 10:00:33 pm »
Who knows how Henderson will develop. The pont is he will develop with and for us, not Pearce's U21's. Watching the way they set up and play under Pearce is like a documentary on why England are terminally shit. Out of date formations, tactics and instructions. There was very little decent movement off the ball, no freedom of expression or creativity and a cast-iron predictablity about every passage of play, anywhere on the pitch.

Henderson looked totally unsuited to the style of football. Good, because he won't be playing that brand of kick and rush for us. Let the lad settle in, give him a bit of time and see how he gets on. Judging him before he has put a red shirt on and judging him playing under Pearce is a waste of interest.
No-one wants to stay in the Travelodge by choice. It's always a last resort. No-ones thinking, Id love to stay in a room so blandly anonymous that it looks like the burial chamber of the king of an ancient civilisation which valued above all bland anonymity.

Offline Smug Cassandra

• outh strikes again :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Siempre Liverpool Siempre River Plate
« Reply #1251 on: June 19, 2011, 10:01:04 pm »
I'd be concerned about what I've seen from Henderson and Carroll if we'd paid a COMBINED £20m.

But I'm not Kenny Dalglish. So we'll have to wait and see.
I think this is fair comment and a good post. I am yet to be convinced by the pair of them but they have played very little for Liverpool in total. So jury is out.

I guess we all want to get excited by seeing some amazing potential and when we dont we basically aint excited / anxious is human fking nature!!!
! LIVERPOOL - EN LAS MALAS - MUCHO MAS !

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #1252 on: June 19, 2011, 10:01:34 pm »
Most of them who go on and on about paying over the odds would gladly bankrupt us some exotic foreign superstar

There's a long list of our great players who have never excelled for England. I'll start to worry when he doesn't perform in a red shirt.
It seems every twat with a keyboard suddenly becomes a finance and world player expert every transfer window....and they know the ins and outs of our transfer budget and player plans....
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1253 on: June 19, 2011, 10:02:26 pm »
Most of them who go on and on about paying over the odds would gladly bankrupt us some exotic foreign superstar

There's a long list of our great players who have never excelled for England. I'll start to worry when he doesn't perform in a red shirt.

We've had our disagreements but you're spot on.

Offline JasbinderX

• Rashid? Is that you Rashid? Doesn't understand football
  • Kopite
« Reply #1254 on: June 19, 2011, 10:02:52 pm »
How do you know this is a fact?

Because chairmen are coming out in the media are saying we are making derisadary bids for their players. The idiot over at Blackpool, and today Villa have come out and implied the same thing.

It's not Hendersons fault a club has spent so much money on him. The finger of responsibility has to lie square at the hands of Damien Commoli, who is our director of football, a man who should never be in this posiiton.The man who spent around 40 million on a injured Jonathan Woodgate, David Bentley and Santos.

With Adam the sticking point seems to be about 2-3 million. Of course, he won't be worth it, but Adam is a talent, and it seems odd you get a conscious about budget and saving money, when you just gone and spunked the best part of 55 million on two young British players that aren't exactly being met with widespread praise. Again with Downing, who is horribly over priced at 20 million, but our values remain apart by around 5 million. I'd have paid the extra 7 million and got in Downing, Adam, and tried to play budget over the Henderson transfer! But that's going into the realms of Football manager.

Back to Henderson ... let's hope the lad comes good. But seems horribly over priced at 20 million. If you want to say 16 million to suit your agenda, then even that is massivley over priced.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #1255 on: June 19, 2011, 10:03:16 pm »
Hate to say it but Jones has looked a cut above anyone else in that side........
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Funkya

• Kemlynite
  • YNWA
« Reply #1256 on: June 19, 2011, 10:03:22 pm »
Because we don't have an infinate budget. And we are then trying to save 2-3 million on proven players, which we could miss out, because a large chunk was wasted on a bizarre transfer.

http://tomkinstimes.com/2011/06/fair-play-for-fenway/

Read that before you start talking about the finances. Also, it's "infinite" not "infinate"..
"When Soto gave birth to himself in 1400 BC, a Mountain Lion had to be ever-present, and 16 Virgins had to be slaughtered. When he emerged - he came out as he looks today, riding high upon Arion, wielding a two-handed longsword made entirely from Rhodium." - NotLucasLeiva

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1257 on: June 19, 2011, 10:04:49 pm »
Because chairmen are coming out in the media are saying we are making derisadary bids for their players. The idiot over at Blackpool, and today Villa have come out and implied the same thing.

We did the same thing with Suarez, bid low then raised it.

Just because we're not paying over the odds doesn't mean we're skint.

You obviously want us to go out and spend like City, however you forget that we have to try and keep the FFPR in mind when buying players.

You know fuck all.

Offline JasbinderX

• Kopite
« Reply #1258 on: June 19, 2011, 10:04:57 pm »
Exactly , it was the same with Lucas , people expected him to boss the midfield at 20.

Why cant people see it as an investment for the future and realise he is not anywhere near the finished article?.

You don't buy investments for the future for 20 million. For 20 million you buy players for now. Where's the scouting system?

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #1259 on: June 19, 2011, 10:05:34 pm »
If we had bought him before the fathead shit second half of the season syndrome kicked in again he would have been seen as a great piece of business and whilst the likes of Jones are going for the same price I struggle to see why you would be suprised by the fee for someone more experienced with a full cap.

I think he'll play on the right and with Johnson in tandem with him, will rip many a left side a new arsehole.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1260 on: June 19, 2011, 10:05:42 pm »
Playing and training day to day with the likes of Lucas, Gerrard and Suarez, or Mancienne, Muamba and Welbeck...? Getting coached by King Kenny or Stuart fucking Pearce...?

I'd possibly wait before completely writing him off as a big money flop. For fucks sake he hasn't even kicked a ball for us yet.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1261 on: June 19, 2011, 10:05:43 pm »
What the hell!

Wait until Henderson reaches 25, then make the comparison.

Forget the obsession over his price tag.  The owners and Kenny were prepared to pay that much, and I'd rather trust them than your opinion.

5 years? 5 years for a player to prove his worth. I am sure he will improve in 5 years.

Comparing Modric and Henderson now as that we're currently in the transfer market - Like 'arry was saying: Players being sold(now) for 20m that are not fit to lace Modric's boots.

Now in football you dont compare ages. It's like boxing, you compare the here and now.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1262 on: June 19, 2011, 10:05:49 pm »
I can't judge anyone in that shower of a team.....

No cohesion, no passing, no direction, no use of the midfield....

I will judge the lad after his first year with us,

If Lucas has taught me one thing, it's that you have to give a player time and you can't make snap judgements...

He may be great for us, he may be a disaster for us, but I'm sure as hell not going to write him off before I've seen him play a full season for us let alone one single competitive game.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1263 on: June 19, 2011, 10:06:42 pm »
Hate to say it but Jones has looked a cut above anyone else in that side........

Maybe that's something to do with the way England played.  Instead of the midfield being utilised, which it wasn't, the defence had all the work to do.  Pearce's tactics were shit at the end of the day.

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #1264 on: June 19, 2011, 10:07:02 pm »
he had a shite tournament, shame really
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline LiverpoolForever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1265 on: June 19, 2011, 10:07:05 pm »
You don't buy investments for the future for 20 million. For 20 million you buy players for now. Where's the scouting system?

Hasnt Fergie just done that with fucking Jones you bell?

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1266 on: June 19, 2011, 10:07:32 pm »

It's not Hendersons fault a club has spent so much money on him. The finger of responsibility has to lie square at the hands of Damien Commoli, who is our director of football, a man who should never be in this posiiton.The man who spent around 40 million on a injured Jonathan Woodgate, David Bentley and Santos.

With Adam the sticking point seems to be about 2-3 million. Of course, he won't be worth it, but Adam is a talent, and it seems odd you get a conscious about budget and saving money, when you just gone and spunked the best part of 55 million on two young British players that aren't exactly being met with widespread praise. Again with Downing, who is horribly over priced at 20 million, but our values remain apart by around 5 million. I'd have paid the extra 7 million and got in Downing, Adam, and tried to play budget over the Henderson transfer! But that's going into the realms of Football manager.

Back to Henderson ... let's hope the lad comes good. But seems horribly over priced at 20 million. If you want to say 16 million to suit your agenda, then even that is massivley over priced.

Err you state 20mil to suit yours?

The thing is, and I say this with an amount of glee that would be akin to a newborn child into a family, you're not the person making the choices or being consulted on where the money goes.

Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Suarez325

• Kopite
  • Road End Whopper
« Reply #1267 on: June 19, 2011, 10:08:05 pm »

Henderson ... let's hope the lad comes good.

That's all that needs to be said.

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1268 on: June 19, 2011, 10:08:21 pm »
I can't believe one of our own supporters would be so derogatory as to say he can't lace Modric's boots.

Is Modric better right now? Absolutely.

Not fit enough to lace his boots? Jog on.

The comparison is as redundant as Messi as comparing Gerrard and Lucas.

Offline -Nay-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1269 on: June 19, 2011, 10:08:36 pm »
Now in football you dont compare ages. It's like boxing, you compare the here and now.

Honestly?

Log off you massive massive gimp.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1270 on: June 19, 2011, 10:08:46 pm »
I think he'll play on the right

I agree.

I think he will play on the right.

Offline Fauxy

• Legacy Fan
  • Oh na na, whats my name? Rihanna. Get in the van.
« Reply #1271 on: June 19, 2011, 10:09:08 pm »
Feel really sorry for Henderson, people giving him stick and judging him are just idiots. Can you not see that he has been put in a Role by stuart pierce that is just impossible for him to do anything. He is being played deep, so he recieves the ball from the defenders and its his job to distribute. He looks up and there isnt an attacking player in front of him within 30 odd yards and he's expected to play a hollywood pass over the top.

Its like sticking Gerrard in Blackburn ffs, Henderson isnt going to do well in a side managed by that complete and utter tool Stuart Pierce.
Follow me on twitter!

http://twitter.com/Benfauxy

Offline JasbinderX

• Kopite
« Reply #1272 on: June 19, 2011, 10:09:09 pm »
We did the same thing with Suarez, bid low then raised it.

Just because we're not paying over the odds doesn't mean we're skint.

You obviously want us to go out and spend like City, however you forget that we have to try and keep the FFPR in mind when buying players.

You know fuck all.

We ended up paying the original fee for Suarez in the end, so all the negotiating was pointless, and a huge risk, as any other team could have come in and paid the fee and got a quality player.

Offline -Nay-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1273 on: June 19, 2011, 10:09:52 pm »
We ended up paying the original fee for Suarez in the end, so all the negotiating was pointless, and a huge risk, as any other team could have come in and paid the fee and got a quality player.
How do you even know we did?

Stop talkin shite...

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1274 on: June 19, 2011, 10:09:53 pm »

No, we didn't.

Ajax wanted close to £27m for him iirc and we paid about £22m.

Like I said, you know fuck all.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #1275 on: June 19, 2011, 10:09:59 pm »
What would be really nice, is if people waited until he had put on a red shirt before slating him.

What would also be nice, is if people stopped mentioning the transfer fee as all it does it to add pressure to the lad.

What would be nicest of all, is if some people talking shite in here had a think.

Definitely. Get behind the lad and give him support. Judge him after he's played a season in a red shirt, not after three U-21 games for a group of perennial underachievers.

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1276 on: June 19, 2011, 10:10:06 pm »
I agree.

I think he will play on the right.

He will play across the midfield. I assume he'll tuck inside on the right, similar to Meireles, and allow the right back to bounce forward.

He'll eventually adapt into a more advanced role, IMO.

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1277 on: June 19, 2011, 10:10:23 pm »
5 years? 5 years for a player to prove his worth. I am sure he will improve in 5 years.

Comparing Modric and Henderson now as that we're currently in the transfer market - Like 'arry was saying: Players being sold(now) for 20m that are not fit to lace Modric's boots.

Well, you are fighting a losing battle if you feel the need to use 'Arry's views to back up your own.

I didn't say he'd take that long to develop.  I said judge him when he reaches the same age.  Seeing as you are holding up Modric as this suddenly world class players that our young midfielders should be judged against.

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #1278 on: June 19, 2011, 10:10:24 pm »
I can't believe one of our own supporters would be so derogatory as to say he can't lace Modric's boots.

Is Modric better right now? Absolutely.

Not fit enough to lace his boots? Jog on.

The comparison is as redundant as Messi as comparing Gerrard and Lucas.

I'm embarrassed by so so much of what has been written about Henderson so far. Thank God for you Kris, enjoyed reading your article earlier.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1279 on: June 19, 2011, 10:10:30 pm »

We didn't. They wanted £28million.