Author Topic: Exeter City 0-1 Liverpool: Half time....  (Read 75108 times)

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Exeter City vs Liverpool; Carling Cup 2nd round; Pre Match discussion.
« Reply #280 on: August 22, 2011, 03:48:39 pm »
Mix of youth and first-team experience for me. I just don't see the point in playing the likes of Cole or Poulsen - they're lacking in motivation and aren't exactly going to play their way in to Kenny's plans.

Sterling, Morgan, Robinson, Flanagan, and Wisdom should all be getting some game time here.

Offline ynwa83

• Anny Roader
  • Throw me that lifeline
« Reply #281 on: August 22, 2011, 03:52:18 pm »
Agree with this except Agger, as I wouldn't mind seeing an Agger-Skrtel partnership getting a try, for what, the 3rd time in all their years at the club together? 
As much as I love Rafa, I always wondered why he didn't play those two together. I think they'd make a good combo.

But not fir Exeter. Give Agger a rest.

Offline barneystuta

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
    • This Is Analysis - Stories & Analysis about Liverpool Football Club
« Reply #282 on: August 22, 2011, 03:58:06 pm »
Doni, Aurelio (if fit?), Skrtel, Maxi, Spearing all pretty sure to start. Then pick the rest of them team from there.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: August 22, 2011, 04:00:15 pm »
                   Doni

Skrtel Wilson
Flanagan                     Insua

Coady

Spearing
       Shelvey

Henderson                           Maxi

Carroll

Like to see a relatively young team out, give a number of players the chance to impress. Think that team is good enough to win this game. Everyone in that side is good for pass and move football, it isnt lacking in creativity and movement and there are goals in this side. Would love to see Wilson play in this, never really seen him properly at centre back and this is the perfect opportunity.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 04:08:04 pm by RyanBabel19 »

Offline ynwa83

• Anny Roader
  • Throw me that lifeline
« Reply #284 on: August 22, 2011, 04:15:19 pm »
                   Doni

Skrtel Wilson
Flanagan                     Insua

Coady

Spearing
       Shelvey

Henderson                           Maxi

Carroll

Like to see a relatively young team out, give a number of players the chance to impress. Think that team is good enough to win this game. Everyone in that side is good for pass and move football, it isnt lacking in creativity and movement and there are goals in this side. Would love to see Wilson play in this, never really seen him properly at centre back and this is the perfect opportunity.

Not bad, but maybe Enrique to give him more match time us rather than Insua, and I'd like to see Carroll with a strike partner - N'gog. Then a bench of Suarez, Downing and Raul for if shit goes bad, and some kids like Sterling, Wisdom etc if we're cruising.

Offline opsteo

• Kopite
« Reply #285 on: August 22, 2011, 04:43:35 pm »
Had a dream last night where we lost 7-5 - The new lad was in goal and had a 'mare :)

Might be worth a Ł5 punt - I imagine the odds would be fairly good for that :D

You can opt to keep silent if you have nothing good to say.  Why splash cold water on our team at the start of the season?  A lost here means that our youth development would be severely curtailed since we have bought so many new players.  Can you imagine if you are Robinson/Flanno or Spearing working their hearts out to help Liverpool get to 6th and then have to be benched this year because of our squad depth.  Younger players like Coady/Suso and Sterling etc may opt to leave if they do not get discovered like Flanno/Kelly or Spearing within the next 2 seasons.  Yes, I think that at 17 (next year), Sterling can be ready like Owen or Gerrard. Playing them at 16 is encouraging them to settle on a career in Liverpool and to work hard for a place in the first team.  Once we meet better teams, we should use our first team with one or 2 younger players.

What is so bizarre?  You choose to bet against our team in the hope to win money at good odds. Just because say it is a dream does not make it palatable.  Even if you are joking, this is not a good way to support your team. 

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #286 on: August 22, 2011, 04:47:40 pm »
What is so bizarre?  You choose to bet against our team in the hope to win money at good odds. Just because say it is a dream does not make it palatable.  Even if you are joking, this is not a good way to support your team. 

:lmao
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #287 on: August 22, 2011, 04:50:01 pm »
*double wooooosh* - seriously, let it go now - we know Andy well enough to know when he's having a laugh and when he's being serious.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #288 on: August 22, 2011, 04:51:30 pm »
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline freedom

• Legacy Fan
  • ♥ You'll never walk alone ♥
« Reply #289 on: August 22, 2011, 04:52:16 pm »
:lmao :lmao
Bill Shankly: " A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are. "

¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸...¸.¤*¨¨*¤.
\¸.¤ LIVERPOOL¤*¨*¤.
.\¸.¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸.¸.¤*¨¨*¤.
..\
☻/
.▌
/ \

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline pragmatic

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #291 on: August 22, 2011, 05:01:05 pm »

Greetings to all our fellow reds from Exmouth Kopites offcial LFC supporters club.
www.exmouthkopites.com

Exmouth is a small town approx 8 miles from Exeter and probably your best bet for a beverage is to join the Exmouth reds in No 9 Sports bar in Exmouth Town Centre (aka Carrols Bar). The parking near St James Park is totally dreadful so your best bet may well be to drive into Exmouth park in one of the many car parks there jump on the train for a 5 minute ride which will take you right up to outside the ground.

If you are coming by train then you will disembark at St Davids station then jump on another train which will take you to St James Park. If you are early you can stay on that train and it will take you into to our wonderful town by the sea and you can join the Exmouth reds in No 9 bar for a beverage.
You will find the Exeter Fans are quite an ignorant bunch as most of them find their second team are Man Utd! However I foresee the ground being half and half as we have a very large contingent of fans in Exmouth and Dawlish so will probably take over the whole place.

We really are looking forward to the game and looking forward to giving Exeter Shitty a good going over. However I urge King Kenny to play a strong team as Exeter are a good side for where they are and being a fan owned club have passionate support.

We are more than happy to host any of our fellow reds in Exmouth please come and join us for a good sing song before during and after the game.
If you can't make it Wednesday see you Saturday for the Bolton game.

All the best
Exmouth Kopites.
Football is a game in which a handful of fit men run around for one and a half hours watched by millions of people who could really use the exercise.`

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: August 22, 2011, 05:02:42 pm »
Good chance to let some of the youngsters start while also letting some of the more experienced lads a run out / get some minutes in their legs. Exeter are not exactly lighting the world on fire but will battle for every loose ball out there. Maybe something like this will work and be nice to see Carroll get a goal or two

.....................Doni
Flanagan Kelly Carragher or Skrtel Robinson
............Adam Spearing
Henderson....Cole.......Maxi
..............Carroll
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Rome-77

• Head case, more like! Wtf is wrong with me?
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: August 22, 2011, 05:06:34 pm »

Greetings to all our fellow reds from Exmouth Kopites offcial LFC supporters club.
www.exmouthkopites.com

Exmouth is a small town approx 8 miles from Exeter and probably your best bet for a beverage is to join the Exmouth reds in No 9 Sports bar in Exmouth Town Centre (aka Carrols Bar). The parking near St James Park is totally dreadful so your best bet may well be to drive into Exmouth park in one of the many car parks there jump on the train for a 5 minute ride which will take you right up to outside the ground.

If you are coming by train then you will disembark at St Davids station then jump on another train which will take you to St James Park. If you are early you can stay on that train and it will take you into to our wonderful town by the sea and you can join the Exmouth reds in No 9 bar for a beverage.
You will find the Exeter Fans are quite an ignorant bunch as most of them find their second team are Man Utd! However I foresee the ground being half and half as we have a very large contingent of fans in Exmouth and Dawlish so will probably take over the whole place.

We really are looking forward to the game and looking forward to giving Exeter Shitty a good going over. However I urge King Kenny to play a strong team as Exeter are a good side for where they are and being a fan owned club have passionate support.

We are more than happy to host any of our fellow reds in Exmouth please come and join us for a good sing song before during and after the game.

All the best
Exmouth Kopites.

support your local club.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #294 on: August 22, 2011, 05:12:14 pm »

support your local club.

All those OOT c*nts, Suarez, Lucas, Reina, Dalglish et al.

;)
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline pragmatic

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #295 on: August 22, 2011, 05:13:39 pm »

support your local club.

I do I was born in Liverpool I just happen to live here. Or are you saying that I should support a bunch of manc luvers.! I cant stand you OOT haters theres no need for it.
Football is a game in which a handful of fit men run around for one and a half hours watched by millions of people who could really use the exercise.`

Offline Crackerjack Sam

• Legacy Fan
  • Egyptian Magician
« Reply #296 on: August 22, 2011, 05:19:13 pm »
Good chance to let some of the youngsters start while also letting some of the more experienced lads a run out / get some minutes in their legs. Exeter are not exactly lighting the world on fire but will battle for every loose ball out there. Maybe something like this will work and be nice to see Carroll get a goal or two

.....................Doni
Flanagan Kelly Carragher or Skrtel Robinson
............Adam Spearing
Henderson....Cole.......Maxi
..............Carroll/Sterling
maybe?
PSN ID - hajme1   
Sticking to RAWK I am.  Real forum, real mods, real fans, fair and unbiased opinions etc..etc.. 8)

Offline mabbympb

• Branded he was a man who ran!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red and White Kop
    • Instagram
« Reply #297 on: August 22, 2011, 05:21:02 pm »
I do I was born in Liverpool I just happen to live here. Or are you saying that I should support a bunch of manc luvers.! I cant stand you OOT haters theres no need for it.

Bell ends aren't they. Best be sure you are not caught with any items of photography or a half n half scarf

Offline Cre_mCr_cker

• Green A_my!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: August 22, 2011, 05:36:41 pm »

www.exmouthkopites.com

All the best
Exmouth Kopites.

Ignore him, Exmouth's a shithole.  ;)
This is a Liverpool forum. We are not talking about Demba Ba's cock.

My feet are wet but my cups are bone dry! Everything's comin' up Milhouse!

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: August 22, 2011, 05:36:58 pm »
support your local club.

Where would liverpool be if their only support was from locals? 

Respect your fans wherever they're from.

Offline MiddleMan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: August 22, 2011, 05:45:24 pm »
i still don't really know about this carroll confidence thing.

i think kenny knows that it will hurt carroll's confidence more if he doesn't score against exeter than it will help him if he does. for that reason alone i say no. have him on the bench if we need an impact player.

Offline Strummer77

• Legacy Fan
  • @AlexDavis90
« Reply #301 on: August 22, 2011, 05:55:37 pm »
i still don't really know about this carroll confidence thing.

i think kenny knows that it will hurt carroll's confidence more if he doesn't score against exeter than it will help him if he does. for that reason alone i say no. have him on the bench if we need an impact player.

I dunno. Goals are goals. There's a good chance he could get a couple in this game, which naturally eases anxiety. I don't think not scoring will harm him any more than if he didn't versus Bolton.

« Reply #302 on: August 22, 2011, 06:05:46 pm »
I want us to take this game very seriously and go for the jugular.

However, I do not want to see Agger, Lucas, Johnson or Suarez to play due to fatigue (Lucas and Suarez), ease of injury complications (Agger) and rushing back before fit (Johnson). Everyone else should be played as per usual for me.
This, would like us to really go for the cups as well as CL places. We have a big enough squad, no reason we can't feild a strong team for this game and for Bolton. Say we make two changes to the 11 who started against Arsenal for Bolton (Suarez for Kuyt and Meireles for Henderson)

Reina
                         Kelly Carra Agger Enrique
                                  Lucas Adam
                         Meireles                Downing
                                  Suarez  Carroll

Then for Exerter

Doni
                     Flannagan Skrtel Wilson Robinson
                                   Spearing Shelvey
                        Henderson Meireles   Maxi
                                           Kuyt

With Kuyt and Meireles getting 50-60 mins and replaced by youngsters

Offline pragmatic

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #303 on: August 22, 2011, 06:12:19 pm »
Ignore him, Exmouth's a shithole.  ;)

Exmouth rules and dont you forget it!!

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #304 on: August 22, 2011, 06:17:57 pm »
---------------------------Reina--------------------------

--Kelly----------Carra-----------Skrtel---------Insua--

--------------Spearing----------Meireles----------------

--Henderson-------------Cole-------------------Maxi--

---------------------Carroll or Kuyt----------------------

I wouldn't have Suarez, Lucas or Johnson anywhere near this game. For fitness reasons.

I'd like to see Cole, Maxi and Meireles start - for fitness reasons.

I'd be tempted to start Carroll in the hope he would score and get off the mark, but with an eye on fitness, I'd have Dirk on standby.

Put out and strong team and be professional.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: August 22, 2011, 06:23:03 pm »
:lmao  Rome 77 = pwned.

Right - word of warning - don't turn this into a "locals v OOTs/OOCs" thing and if anyone feels provoked, don't retaliate.

pragmatic - thanks for the tips on parking and trains - very useful, since we're driving "up coun'ry" across the border :wave

Offline pcch7

• Fuck off and do some work you lazy fops
  • Legacy Fan
  • There can be only one and he is I.
« Reply #306 on: August 22, 2011, 07:04:46 pm »
Now that Soto has left, hopefully Wilson will get a chance in this game at least.
Don't fuck with Sheryl Crow. Or Russel Crow. Or the guy from the crow. Or crows.

Best staying away from Leslie Crowther, too.... just in case.

Offline AFX

• Kopite
« Reply #307 on: August 22, 2011, 07:09:20 pm »
Strong side for me, lets get another win.

GK: Doni

RB: Flannagan
CB: Carragher
CB: Kelly
LB: Enrique

RM: Henderson
CM: Spearing
CM: Meireles
LM: Maxi

SS: Suarez
CF: Kuyt

Bring on some youngsters if we're winning comfortably. I want to win this competition.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Velky Al

• Legacy Fan
    • Fuggled
« Reply #308 on: August 22, 2011, 07:23:23 pm »
I'd start with a decent side, hopefully get a few goals to the good and then bring in some youngsters for debuts, whilst having a couple of experienced players available just in case:

...............................Doni

Flanagan.........Skrtel.......Wilson.........Robinson

.......Henderson.......Meireles........Spearing

Kuyt (c)......................................................Maxi

.............................Carroll

On the bench: Jones, Wisdom, Coady, Adam, Suarez, Suso, Morgan

Just a quick thought, isn't it encouraging that Dalglish could name a couple of teenage full backs in the side with full confidence in their ability to do a job?

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #309 on: August 22, 2011, 07:53:49 pm »
I want us to take this game very seriously and go for the jugular.

However, I do not want to see Agger, Lucas, Johnson or Suarez to play due to fatigue (Lucas and Suarez), ease of injury complications (Agger) and rushing back before fit (Johnson). Everyone else should be played as per usual for me.
Thing is- Luis needs gametime and so does Raul. They only did 20 minutes over the weekend. That's nothing for them- it's like squeezing out a stubborn fart. This would be the perfect game for them. They don't necessarily have to do 90- they can be subbed.

Besides- the likes of Exeter are not sides to be underestimated. They can take the piss out of the big clubs. They'll twat the youngsters, they'll up their game and intimidate the ref, they'll bludgeon us with their physical play, their loud fans, their nothing-to-lose attitude, their desire to get one over another big club etc..
If we're going to field a team of fringe players and youngesters- who could have a hard time scoring or get back from being 1-0 down, it would make sense to augment it with real quality that can at least get the result.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 08:06:06 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: August 22, 2011, 07:58:28 pm »
Ar fuck it, what about......

Doni
Flanagan Skrtel Wilson Robinson
      Shelvey Spearing
    Maxi Meireles Cole
              Ngog

Offline MobileBayRed

• Kopite
« Reply #311 on: August 22, 2011, 08:06:42 pm »
Thing is- Luis needs gametime and so does Raul. They only did 20 minutes over the weekend. That's nothing for them- it's like squeezing out a stubborn fart. This would be the perfect game for them. They don't necessarily have to do 90- they can be subbed.

Besides- the likes of Exeter are not sides to be underestimated. They can take the piss out of the big clubs. If we're going to field a team of fringe players and youngesters- who could have a hard time scoring or get back from being 1-0 down, it would make sense to augment it with real quality that can at least get the result.

Luis doesnt need more game time, he needs less.  He has been playing football all summer, without a break.  No way he plays a mid week cup game against a lower division club.  Same for Lucas.  They both rushed back to the Club exhausted.  I dont think Meireles is at the point where he can play 60+ mid-week and then again against Bolton.  Could see him coming on as a second half sub, getting another 20-30 minutes and ready to go this weekend.

No need to risk injury to Agger or Kelley.

I think you will almost certainly see the following players:  Maxi, Shelvey, Spearing, Ngog, Skrtel (if healthy), Flanno.

Guys who I think we could see:  Wilson, Insua/Robinson, Poulson (not saying I want him to play, but think we will be considered), Cole (ditto), Sterling, Pacheco

I will go with this

Doni

Flanno        Skrtel        Wilson         Insua

Spearing      Shelvey

Maxi         Henderson          Cole

Ngog

Subs:   Reina, Carra, Robinson, Sterling, Pacheco, Meireles, Poulson
just can't confirm that delivery address and consequently gets non stop pelters off PayPal.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #312 on: August 22, 2011, 08:17:52 pm »
Luis doesnt need more game time, he needs less.  He has been playing football all summer, without a break.  No way he plays a mid week cup game against a lower division club.  Same for Lucas.  They both rushed back to the Club exhausted.  I dont think Meireles is at the point where he can play 60+ mid-week and then again against Bolton.  Could see him coming on as a second half sub, getting another 20-30 minutes and ready to go this weekend.

No need to risk injury to Agger or Kelley.

I think you will almost certainly see the following players:  Maxi, Shelvey, Spearing, Ngog, Skrtel (if healthy), Flanno.

Guys who I think we could see:  Wilson, Insua/Robinson, Poulson (not saying I want him to play, but think we will be considered), Cole (ditto), Sterling, Pacheco

I will go with this

Doni

Flanno        Skrtel        Wilson         Insua

Spearing      Shelvey

Maxi         Henderson          Cole

Ngog

Subs:   Reina, Carra, Robinson, Sterling, Pacheco, Meireles, Poulson
Guess we'll just have to disagree re. Luis. Apart from that, I agree with your post. Maxi and Meireles at least offers some bite in case we need to haul ass and put the game to sleep. Ngog's also no stranger to scoring in Cup games and against "lower" opposition.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 08:20:29 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #313 on: August 22, 2011, 08:36:52 pm »
Doni
Flanno
Kelly
Skrtel
Robinson
Shelvey
Spearing
Henderson
Maxi
Meireles
Carroll

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: August 22, 2011, 08:40:44 pm »
^ Alf, you sig is fuckin hilarious! :lmao

Where did it come from?
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline Scousebeef

• Kopite
  • BELIEVER!
« Reply #315 on: August 22, 2011, 08:49:46 pm »
Lets go for this!
"you have to change from being a doubter to a believer"
-Jurgén Klopp-

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #316 on: August 22, 2011, 09:31:08 pm »
Let's twat these Devon c*nts!

Offline Elysian Fields

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #317 on: August 22, 2011, 10:11:27 pm »
Does anyone actually care about this competition?

Let the kids play and get some experience, the Spearings, Shelveys, Hendersons, Robinsons and so on. Even Carroll.

No point in playing people like Soto. The less mileage on his the better - he's been round the clock twice already!

Offline gazzathered

• RAWK's Token Ginger
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #318 on: August 22, 2011, 10:13:05 pm »

Let the kids play and get some experience, the Spearings, Shelveys, Hendersons, Robinsons and so on. Even Carroll.

No point in playing people like Soto. The less mileage on his the better - he's been round the clock twice already!

Cant see Soto coming back from Wolfsburg for this game.
YNWA

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: August 22, 2011, 10:13:22 pm »
"Liverpool exists to win trophies." Good enough for him, good enough for me.