Author Topic: Liverpool vs Spurs (A) - Sun 31st Aug - 13:30 KO - SS1  (Read 65545 times)

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
Re: Liverpool vs Spurs (A) - Sun 31st Aug - 13:30 KO - SS1
« Reply #120 on: August 27, 2014, 06:26:55 pm »
There is no shame in getting beaten away from home by the current champions, but these, these we are better than and should be beating. I will be very disappointed if we don't come away from WHL with something on Sunday. Preferably a win.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #121 on: August 27, 2014, 06:31:05 pm »
Not sure why loads of people are using each teams last game as a barometer of how this will go, as they beat relegation fodder at home whilst we played away to the champions. Long as we bully their midfield which I think will be the key area then we should get the 3 points
Spurs have had a good start but let's not get carried away. Had West Ham scored the pen they'd have got beat 2 or 3 and QPR are a poor side. I like Pochettino but he is not a miracle worker. This is a group of players we beat 9-0 over 2 games last year and we have played 2 sides who are both better than they have played.

If they want to push up and squeeze us good luck to them.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: August 27, 2014, 06:38:53 pm »
They obviously weak in the fullback positions and we should target that,sterling and markovic on the flanks with sturridge upfront and we will smash them with our quick pace when they play the high line.

Mignolet

Manquillo           Lovren        Sakho         Moreno (Enrique)

Gerrard

Henderson     Coutinho

Sterling              Sturridge           Markovic

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: August 27, 2014, 06:42:46 pm »
So many options in the squad and different ways to play.  Couldn't guess how we're going to line up...

Offline GlenJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
« Reply #124 on: August 27, 2014, 07:03:48 pm »
Is Allen injured for this one?
Manchester United could win fifty titles, but they will always be the Rolling Stones of football. Good, just not quite that band from Liverpool.

You should literally be skinned for such a fucking daft answer :o

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: August 27, 2014, 07:04:31 pm »

Offline GlenJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
« Reply #126 on: August 27, 2014, 07:06:46 pm »
Nope.
Brilliant. Couldn't see him in the training pictures from today. Must start for me.
Manchester United could win fifty titles, but they will always be the Rolling Stones of football. Good, just not quite that band from Liverpool.

You should literally be skinned for such a fucking daft answer :o

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: August 27, 2014, 07:14:24 pm »
Sorry, I know you are being sarcastic, but wouldn't you do the opposite? Ie not play long balls for him to head away?

That's why I said abandon!   :P
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 07:23:33 pm by Bakez0151 »

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #128 on: August 27, 2014, 07:17:44 pm »
So we should abandon the plan to play like Stoke then?

It's highly unlikely he'll start so hoofball should still be our agenda next week.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #129 on: August 27, 2014, 07:28:16 pm »
Come on Redmen!!
Litmus test for the season this one. Need at least a draw
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #130 on: August 27, 2014, 09:09:39 pm »
The difference between us and City really wasn't that much, albeit not reflected in the score. One mistimed clearance was the difference between us going in 0-0 at half time, and then it could have been a different ball game.

I think if we start off the game the same way as City we should fare much better here. I don't understand the thought process behind people believing this will automatically be a struggle because of the City game. The City defeat was the only away league defeat we've had in 2014, no? We don't lose often. I think we're mentally much stronger now to bounce back after a defeat.

Expect us to revert to the diamond with Balotelli and Sturridge in the 2 up top, with Sterling at the apex. Lallana on the left and Henderson right with Gerrard rounding off the tip at the back.

Enrique to come in for Moreno and Manquillo for Johnson. CB's the same.

Allen and Coutinho to come on as impact subs.
YWNA

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: August 27, 2014, 09:25:17 pm »

Mignolet

Lovren                               Sakho

Manquillo                                    Allen                                  Enrique

Henderson

Sterling

Balotelli                                           Markovic

Sturridge.

Skrtel for Sakho, and Moreno for Enrique if both are fit.

13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #132 on: August 27, 2014, 09:30:02 pm »
Hat-trick for Balotelli, hat-trick for Sterridge, a brace for Sterling and Markovic and one from a Gerrard's free kick would be OK. It won't be Sterling's day every time time... 
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline lorenzo23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: August 27, 2014, 09:30:41 pm »
                                                                    Mignolet

Lovren                               Sakho

Manquillo                                    Allen                                  Enrique

Henderson

Sterling

Balot  elli                                         Markovic

Sturridge.

Skrtel for Sakho, and Moreno for Enrique if both are fit.

Sakho stays in regardless and swap  Sturridge/Balotelli 
Liverpool manager Rafael Benítez admitted after the match that the manner of his side's victory had stunned him and he stated: "My problem is that I don't have words to express the things that I feel at this moment"

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: August 27, 2014, 09:39:00 pm »
Sakho stays in regardless and swap  Sturridge/Balotelli

The Sturridge/Balotelli 'swap' might evolve at some point, for now though, Daniel keeps the 9.

And I'd rather Mario have a bit of licence to wander about a tad.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline 4EverRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #135 on: August 27, 2014, 10:00:17 pm »
-----------------Mignolet----------------

Manquillo----Skrtel----Lovren----Moreno

-------------------Stevie-------------------

------------Hendo----------Allen-----------

-----Sterling----------------Sturridge------

-------------------Balotelli------------------

Subs : Enrique, Sakho, Can, Lallana, Coutinho, Markovic, Lambert & Jones

Early goal to settle the nerves otherwise it could be a long afternoon - Phil Dowd ref apparently !!!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 10:06:00 pm by 4EverRed »

Offline ConqueredAllOfEurope

• Shit, just realised I can have a custom title...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: August 27, 2014, 10:02:03 pm »
Not the most ideal game after a loss but the show must go on. Can't say I have really seen Tottenham play this season but after two wins, their confidence must be high. We are their first big test for the season and we should have the quality to beat them. The team I would go for is:

Mignolet

Manquillo
Skrtel
Lovren
Moreno

Gerrard
Henderson
Allen

Sterling
Balotelli
Sturridge

If Skrtel is injured then Sakho in for him. If Moreno is injured then Enrique for him. I think this squad would have the most balance and it's the formation we are most comfortable with imo. As ever defence is my main concern with our team, especially with new players yet to fully bed in, which is normal of course. We also would have great options off the bench with Coutinho, Lambert, Markovic, Can and Lallana if he is fit enough.

Think we have enough to win, just depends on how the well team defends and how the new players adapt to our system. Clean sheet would be a great bonus.
"We have to change from doubter to believer... now"

Offline Spraynard Kruger

• Wholeheartedly supports the cause but would stay seated in a walk-out protest cos, you know, it's so expensive to get to the game, so doesn't wholeheartedly support after all and misses the point completely. All in one sentence. Wow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: August 27, 2014, 10:05:03 pm »
Our mentality is strong. I don't worry about this game after City away. It is Spurs that should be worried.
"Sometimes you have to just chill out, look at the Everton fans and let them realise what time it is." - Daniel Sturridge

Offline kopite17

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: August 27, 2014, 10:11:39 pm »
Cant believe some would be happy with a point :o

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: August 27, 2014, 10:13:28 pm »
Have to win for confidence sake and especially after the loss against City. Don't know who will play in the fullback position other than Manquillo with the injuries that we have.

I'm expecting that Balotelli will start with Sturridge, we need someone up front with Dani. Not sure if it's too early for Lallana to start but Coutinho hasn't been as effective.

Online harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #140 on: August 27, 2014, 10:19:26 pm »
Not sure how anybody can doubt we won't win this one with the fire power up front of Danny, Balotelli and Sterling.

Offline Twitter.com

• 140 character limitation. Laugh now but one day he'll be in chorge. Media junkie.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: August 27, 2014, 10:34:27 pm »
Johnson limped off in the closing stages of Monday’s game at the Etihad Stadium after clutching his thigh and is set to miss Sunday’s trip to Tottenham.

The Reds are also waiting on Martin Skrtel and Alberto Moreno, who picked up knocks against City.

Johnson’s absence would mean a recall for right-back Javier Manquillo at White Hart Lane after the young Spaniard didn’t feature on Monday.

Fellow full-back Jon Flanagan isn’t available as he has yet to return to full training following a knee injury. But Jose Enrique is now fit and could come into consideration for this weekend.

Adam Lallana has also trained after recovering from knee ligament damage and the Ł23million midfielder is in contention to be handed his debut.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/liverpool-fcs-glen-johnson-relaxed-7681670#.U_5OnrlV_IQ.twitter
^ That's what you get for posting twitter shite kids.

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #142 on: August 27, 2014, 10:40:56 pm »
Not sure how anybody can doubt we won't win this one with the fire power up front of Danny, Balotelli and Sterling.

Cause Spurs are a good team. Adebayor and a seemingly far more in form Lamela, Eriksen will give us trouble at the back.

We're defintely capable of scoring, say 2 goals, maybe more against them. Its down to the defense.

Really need to win this one going into the international break. 6 points from 3 will look quite tidy, 2ppg, on track for the CL, and that's what the first target should be.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #143 on: August 27, 2014, 10:42:58 pm »
Have to win for confidence sake and especially after the loss against City. Don't know who will play in the fullback position other than Manquillo with the injuries that we have.

I'm expecting that Balotelli will start with Sturridge, we need someone up front with Dani. Not sure if it's too early for Lallana to start but Coutinho hasn't been as effective.

Reckon Rodgers will give Balotelli a start if he's fit and play him for circa 60 minutes. Go with the diamond, drop Coutinho for Balotelli, rest stays the same with Manquillo coming in for Johnson.

We could go 4-3-3 with Lazar starting on the left too. He looked really good vs City. Would like to see him get 30 odd minutes at least, same with Lallalalalalallana.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: August 27, 2014, 10:44:24 pm »
This game was the turning point for this Liverpool team last year.

At that point we had got some gritty wins, held on by our shirt tails to the top 4. Lost at Christmas twice and suddenly were struggling.

Then we faced Spurs away, and at the time this was a very, very losable game.

We came out and were brilliant. In my opinion the best performance we gave (as it turned out there were 20 to choose from).

This site was terrified before that match. But what a performance.

We can do this again at the weekend.  Once again this fixture might define our season.  Brendan, believe like you did last year.  Give flair and bold tactics a chance. Play with no fear!

Lets see Markovic, Lallana, and Balotelli involved for long periods!!

Lets rip them apart and set the bar for where we can go to this year.

Play the Rodgers way. No fear. Express the talent and enjoy our game.

Online harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: August 27, 2014, 10:51:22 pm »
Cause Spurs are a good team. Adebayor and a seemingly far more in form Lamela, Eriksen will give us trouble at the back.

We're defintely capable of scoring, say 2 goals, maybe more against them. Its down to the defense.

Really need to win this one going into the international break. 6 points from 3 will look quite tidy, 2ppg, on track for the CL, and that's what the first target should be.

Are Spurs a good team? I have not seen much of them this season.

Yeah sure they smashed QPR but hey so did Burton Albion..........surely Pocchettino is not that much of a miracle worker.

Offline Twitter.com

• 140 character limitation. Laugh now but one day he'll be in chorge. Media junkie.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: August 27, 2014, 10:52:28 pm »

Yeah sure they smashed QPR but hey so did Burton Albion..........surely Pocchettino is not that much of a miracle worker.

They already press like Southamton did under Poch.

Online harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: August 27, 2014, 10:54:38 pm »

And?

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #148 on: August 27, 2014, 10:58:11 pm »
Joe Allen and 10 others
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: August 27, 2014, 11:00:03 pm »

He isn't. They were lucky to beat West Ham and beat QPR who will be going straight back down

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #150 on: August 27, 2014, 11:00:42 pm »
Whilst this is in part true, I watched them closely against QPR and if we play our game well, they're there for the taking. Vertonghen's inability to not attempt to dribble when he gets the ball (which I fully believe is down to hubris and inflated ego rather than lacking a brain a la Luiz), pulled the defence out of shape several times. He's not bad with it at his feet, but he's no Cannavaro and it caused Spurs issues even against QPR.

Rose too, is a weak spot where he is still learning when to press and when to hold. Right now the way in which he interpreting Pochettino's methods is reminiscent of a player on Fifa when you hold the right bumper down, he just flies in every time. Can be taken advantage of.

I'd actually look to gift Vertonghen the ball as much as possible, he attempts too many high risk dribbles and passes.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: August 27, 2014, 11:02:34 pm »
We were better against Man City on Monday than we were against Arsenal early last season so not all doom and gloom.

If play Enrique an Manquillo at the back. No need to push Moreno who's carrying an injury and been here all of a week.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: August 27, 2014, 11:07:13 pm »
This is the first game we will have all our attacking players available.  Some are returning from injury or still getting used to our set up so i'm not expecting everything to click just yet but i'm looking forward to it.  Hopefully our defence can start showing a bit of cohesion as well.  I know it's hard with all the new players and injuries we have though.  They are going to be buzzing after their 4 nil win so it's going to be a very tough game.  Hopefully our lads can show a bit of fight and grind out the win. 

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: August 27, 2014, 11:22:27 pm »
Looking forward for us to turn them over again.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #154 on: August 27, 2014, 11:37:34 pm »
Btw to show how shit QPR are, they lost 1-0 to a league 2 side in the capital cup.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #155 on: August 27, 2014, 11:46:31 pm »
All hubris aside. Pochetino seems to have swept most of their Sherwoodism under the rug and they'll want to be making it three on the bounce. I reckon it's gonna be a good open high scoring worldie of a game. We'll want to dust off the City loss and Balotelli will want to make his mark on his return.

I don't think we'll mince them, but I think the game will be won in the final 15.

Continually on 11,420.

Online clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: August 27, 2014, 11:48:51 pm »
SO most of us may get our wish and see a Sakho Lovren partnership
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline rlpolobear9

• Kopite
« Reply #157 on: August 28, 2014, 01:36:54 am »
Anyone who is clamoring for Johnson to Olay in this game is off their flicking rocker, he's been terrible sine the middle of last season:

Mignolet
Manquillo -Lovren-Sahko- Moreno/Enrique
                      Gerrard
   Sterling                      Markovic
                     Couthino
            Sturridge     Ballotelli

Liverpool FC 5 time European champs!!!!! YNWA

Offline Twitter.com

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: August 28, 2014, 01:41:10 am »
Anyone who is clamoring for Johnson to Olay in this game is off their flicking rocker, he's been terrible sine the middle of last season:

Mignolet
Manquillo -Lovren-Sahko- Moreno/Enrique
                      Gerrard
   Sterling                      Markovic
                     Couthino
            Sturridge     Ballotelli

I know it looks attractive with all that attackers but actually your team has no midfield  :D

I think Hendo and Allen are vital vs Spurs pressing play.

Gerrard
Hendo           Allen
          Sterling
Sturridge   Balotelli

or

Hendo Gerrard Allen
Sterling Sturridge Markovic

imho.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 01:45:31 am by Bonsky »

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: August 28, 2014, 01:43:29 am »
Yeah, Gerrard gets exploited enough in a 2 man midfield. Wed be slapped around if we use that formation
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now