Author Topic: Raheem Shaquille Sterling  (Read 675010 times)

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Raheem Sterling
« Reply #120 on: October 2, 2013, 12:35:55 pm »
Sterling could still be turning out for our U18s.

If you put him at that level, amongst his peers, you'd see just how far ahead of regular 18 year olds he is.

He dropped down to U21 the other week and took the piss, from right back.

He's doing just fine considering his age and experiece.

Offline freddwarf

• Pub bore. See? See? I was right! Gerrard back in C/Mid! Told you all months ago! See? Listen to me! I'm always right! Chose accessorising over a European Final. Gave his wife the trousers.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: October 2, 2013, 12:57:42 pm »

If you put him at that level, amongst his peers, you'd see just how far ahead of regular 18 year olds he is.

Yeah and just been announced Steve McManaman will be helping out with coaching, working with the wingers. Sterling is bound to benefit.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #122 on: October 2, 2013, 01:30:47 pm »
I'm wondering if the league standard has increased just enough in the last 10-15 years that it's going to be very, very, VERY rare (if at all) that you see players come through and make an immediate big impact (like Rooney, Owen, Fowler) at 17-18 in the top half of the league. Good impact subs like Sterling and that Januzaj at United are about as good kids this age are going to look. At least 'til they hit 20/21.

Or maybe these guys are just one off talents?

Offline Lucas DuoFlush

• Legacy Fan
  • Bring Poulsy back!
« Reply #123 on: October 2, 2013, 01:35:47 pm »
I'm wondering if the league standard has increased just enough in the last 10-15 years that it's going to be very, very, VERY rare (if at all) that you see players come through and make an immediate big impact (like Rooney, Owen, Fowler) at 17-18 in the top half of the league. Good impact subs like Sterling and that Januzaj at United are about as good kids this age are going to look. At least 'til they hit 20/21.

Wilshere?
"Bos non modo animal, sed etiam mater" Lordanem Henderson

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: October 2, 2013, 01:37:58 pm »
I think the problem is that when you look at many of the past players who came through at a young age and made a real impact at the club (Fowler, Owen, McManaman, Gerrard) they looked special from the very beginning, there was very little settling period and what they produced on the pitch was apparent from early on. With Sterling we are yet to see that.

Yep. I think the fact that we have had a few exceptionally precocious talents in the last couple of decades colours our perceptions quite a bit.

Some players are lucky to have exceptional physical attributes that mean they can contribute straight away: Owen and Walcott were absolutely rapid, Gerrard was pretty strong and had great acceleration as did Rooney for example.

VERY rarely you get a young player whose exceptional ability makes them stand out at 17-18. I would say McManaman and Scholes are examples of that.

There are also loads of world-class players who looked good at 17-19, but were by no means exceptional performers: Fake Ronaldo, Coutinho, Bale even Messi. Ronaldo had some good tricks and you could tell the talent was there, but it was not until 23ish that you thought, yes, he is world-class.

I am not sure how good Raheem can be, but I think he is getting a bit of a hard time from some on here. I have mentioned this before, but I had heard that he was exceptionally quick and I thought that would help him make an impact straight away. Maybe he has just not had an opportunity to show it due to limited minutes or instructions to hold the ball up, but I haven't seen him burn anyone off yet. Ibe however does seem to be absolutely rapid, and his strength may mean that he is the better impact sub at the moment.

I agree that Raheem could do with a loan to a side that will play him every week. Look at how Ince improved. Surely, Raheem has more talent than Ince does?
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #125 on: October 2, 2013, 01:55:04 pm »
He's done well in the minutes he's had this season, but I think Sterling could definitely do with proper first team football for a year.
This winter or the upcoming summer, I'm 100% sure our next 'big money' signing will be an attacking midfielder/winger...its the one area we could do with a top quality player in most of all. That, and hopefully the bedding in of Luis Alberto and what so far is a highly encouraging loan for Suso who should come back an improved and more experienced player should hopefully allow Sterling to be loaned out to a Premier League side, where he can get 25-30 starts next season. That would be ideal imo.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline DefJack

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: October 2, 2013, 03:28:51 pm »

This, absolutely this, all through pre season everyone was talking about how good he looks, but now that he's had a few 10 minute apps he's rubbish

It's worth considering that exactly the same thing happened to Coutinho at Inter, looked a star at 18, didn't get game time, only 10 minutes here and there and didn't impress, and was sold at 20 only to prove he has World class potential for us.

Sterling can be a world class player, I have no doubt of that, he just needs games

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: October 2, 2013, 03:56:26 pm »
Wilshere?

Has looked mildly impressive before this season but still has 1 league goal in 70 appearances. For an attack minded midfielder I would say that is quite good proof you shouldn't be putting him in the Owen/Fowler league of coming in an instantly looking like one of the leagues top 3 players for their position. The standard of the league has got better over the last 10-15 years. It's pretty objective I think. Billions has been poured into the likes of Chelsea and City. It's so much harder for a 17/18 to make a big impact. I reckon 10 years ago, looking at his build and physical attributes, Ross Barkley, for example, would've been a first team starter at 16/17, same as Rooney.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #128 on: October 2, 2013, 04:05:19 pm »
Even Gerrard, whilst showing obvious signes of his class took a while to really develop an end product. In his first season and a half he scored one goal (albeit he played quite deep). Everyone develops at different rates but it really is far too early to be writing Sterling off, especially when it seems to being based on a handful of substitute appearances where he's been somewhere betwwen average and decent, he certainly hasn't been terrible.

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
« Reply #129 on: October 2, 2013, 04:38:31 pm »
The amount of people(not on here) I've seen calling him shit or useless depresses me.

People wonder why young lads lose their confidence playing for us, you can hear the groans from all over whenever the young lads misplace a pass.

18 years old like, maybe I've forgotten that everybody wants everything immediately and there's no room for learning with young players any more.

I'm not sure why it is exactly but too many seem to have something against Raheem, plenty of match going reds included in that.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #130 on: October 2, 2013, 04:45:53 pm »
I am confused, I confess... Do people actually think that Sterling did poorly in the couple of games as a sub? He wasn't great and all, but was he really bad? The kid bursts on the stage at 17 into a relatively poor side and everyone is in awe. He was perceived as our "savior". But as soon as we added a bit of quality, he suddenly doesn't stand up too much, especially when he has days off. He is still a kid, he has to learn to show consistency, to better fit in the team and carry his tasks, and there is no indication that that won't happen. Let alone the off the field affairs he was involved in; that weighs very heavily on a teenager! Writing him off? Nonsense.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #131 on: October 2, 2013, 04:57:54 pm »
The amount of people(not on here) I've seen calling him shit or useless depresses me.

People wonder why young lads lose their confidence playing for us, you can hear the groans from all over whenever the young lads misplace a pass.

18 years old like, maybe I've forgotten that everybody wants everything immediately and there's no room for learning with young players any more.

I'm not sure why it is exactly but too many seem to have something against Raheem, plenty of match going reds included in that.
Found this to be the case as well unfortunately
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline johnhouldinglfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: October 2, 2013, 07:09:24 pm »

Nope - he's overage for the U18s this year. 31 August 1995 is the cut-off for U18s

Agree with the general point, tho.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #133 on: October 2, 2013, 07:10:09 pm »
Nope - he's overage for the U18s this year. 31 August 1995 is the cut-off for U18s

Agree with the general point, tho.

I'll sleep tonight.

Offline bas5times

• Anny Roader
  • Fickleness is not cool
  • Super Title: BANNED
« Reply #134 on: October 2, 2013, 08:49:32 pm »
Top young prospect. Need to ignore idiots who write him off because he doesn't come off the bench n score a wonder goal every week

Offline HoinkDoink

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: October 2, 2013, 08:58:48 pm »
Wouldn't be surprised to see him start RWB against Palace with Henderson moving central with Lucas banned, he has the pace and energy to get up and down that line, he's a top talent, he still young, don't need to rush him
Liverpool FC
Stop for the Klopp!

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=294839.0 - RAWK Soccer Manager Thread, Come Play

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #136 on: October 2, 2013, 09:05:35 pm »
shouldn't be anywhere near the starting line up.....currently not ready for the Premier league
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: October 3, 2013, 12:46:02 am »
Ronaldo-one trick pony.
Robben-brainless.
Ramsey-shite.
Carragher-not good enough.
Sturridge- all of the above plus selfish and big headed.

I've heard them all. Moral of the story is it's best to give young players a bit of time to develop before jumping  the gun. I could give a long list of players who were called the next big thing who did fuck all afterwards too. Unless you're owned by a sheik and can buy a ready made player then it pays to have a bit of patience.

Offline Liam N

• Main Stander
  • Everything that has a beginning has an end
« Reply #138 on: October 3, 2013, 03:56:30 am »
Would really like to see him starting next game. Either him or Alberto.
Journalist: Are you jeopardising your legendary status by returning?
Kenny: Quite the reverse, I think it would have been on the line if I never took it.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #139 on: October 3, 2013, 04:26:00 am »
He really needs to be loaned out to a championship side...
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: October 3, 2013, 05:19:50 am »
He really needs to be loaned out to a championship side...
It depends where to. No point him going to a side that's not going to give him the ball or make use of his great off the ball running.

The kid is still a.....a kid.

I thought he did ok on Sunday when he came on. He generally kept possession which was the job at 2-1 up and tracked back well. He still has loads and loads of improvements to make but then he is still ridiculously young for this level of football.

He played in the u21's and looked miles too good for it despite being 2 years younger than the level so the lad is clearly a good player. He needs to work on his shooting and crossing technique but he has the time to build strength and do that.

The big thing for him is to keep his head down off the pitch and work his nuts off.

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: October 3, 2013, 05:33:00 am »
I think the general worry with him is not that he's having particularly bad games: it's that he's regressed.

In the first half of last season, he was everywhere. He was making the runs, he had the intelligence to put nice passes (the one to Joe Cole against West Ham comes to mind), he was a decent finisher (and even chipped Mignolet), he was taking advantage of his pace and correctly using turns of speed.

He's not showing anything of that right now (Notts goal notwithstanding). When he comes on games he doesn't offer much (hardly "impacts"), outside of giving away some fouls here and there. People here have rightly given him "credit" for "taking the sting out of the game", but that's what you expect a defensive sub to do, not the magical Sterling.

It's like he had lost a bit of his general "vision", of where to be and what to do to make things happen. Inconsistency is of course a part of youngsters, but that's usually a barometer when a youngster perfoms one week yes and not the next, or when he plays a bit sub-par but showing the flashes.

He's not doing that and people may be having a sense of "where's the bits or even flashes of the player we saw?"

IMO, he's still absurdly young, so of course, he has all the time of the world to develop. I personally think he should do that here or in a PL side; our loans to lower league teams haven't really resulted in anything. He can still be a fantastic player, but it's just a question of where did that old Sterling went, and whether he can find that in himself again.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #142 on: October 3, 2013, 06:18:28 am »
People should be giving him a chance to learn and iron out his mistakes instead of expecting him to turn the game on its head and win it for us every time he plays.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: October 3, 2013, 06:29:07 am »
I think the general worry with him is not that he's having particularly bad games: it's that he's regressed.

In the first half of last season, he was everywhere. He was making the runs, he had the intelligence to put nice passes (the one to Joe Cole against West Ham comes to mind), he was a decent finisher (and even chipped Mignolet), he was taking advantage of his pace and correctly using turns of speed.

He's not showing anything of that right now (Notts goal notwithstanding). When he comes on games he doesn't offer much (hardly "impacts"), outside of giving away some fouls here and there. People here have rightly given him "credit" for "taking the sting out of the game", but that's what you expect a defensive sub to do, not the magical Sterling.

It's like he had lost a bit of his general "vision", of where to be and what to do to make things happen. Inconsistency is of course a part of youngsters, but that's usually a barometer when a youngster perfoms one week yes and not the next, or when he plays a bit sub-par but showing the flashes.

He's not doing that and people may be having a sense of "where's the bits or even flashes of the player we saw?"

IMO, he's still absurdly young, so of course, he has all the time of the world to develop. I personally think he should do that here or in a PL side; our loans to lower league teams haven't really resulted in anything. He can still be a fantastic player, but it's just a question of where did that old Sterling went, and whether he can find that in himself again.
Aside from the Notts County game when he scored a great goal and the Southampton game when he did 2 or 3 good things on an awful day for the whole side. His job as a sub HAS been to take the sting out of the game. This was the case against United when he probably didn't do it and against Sunderland, when he probably did.

Against Soton he got into 3 good situations but didn't really deliver. I think he has a lot to prove and improve on but I wouldn't judge him too negatively on this season's contributions.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #144 on: October 3, 2013, 08:18:44 am »
People should be giving him a chance to learn and iron out his mistakes instead of expecting him to turn the game on its head and win it for us every time he plays.

who is expecting that exactly?.....lots of patronizing comments in here regarding Sterling - everyone appreciates how young the player is - no-one expects him to be a world beater fresh from the youth set-up...no one expects 'wonder goals' every week....the fact is though at this stage he isn't contributing enough to be part of the first XI.....LuisFalcao is right, he has regressed since his introduction last season...after that initial burst of youthful energy he now looks like a boy in a mans world and doesnt appear ready for the rigours of the Prem .......you're right that he should be given a chance to learn and iron out his mistakes - but he should be doing that somewhere else...as others have said a loan to a Championship or lower Prem team could be very beneficial to his development
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: October 3, 2013, 08:31:15 am »
Think people still do forget that he is a young kid still who was prematurely but necessarily called in to action. He still qualifies foe the u18's for god sake. :P

Someone did make the point that he is WELL ahead of development for his age. If you compare him to other 18 year olds throughout the country, the only person really close to him is Wilfried Zaha but I still think Raheem is a more mature player at the moment still. A loan spell will be necessary either second half of this season or next season to help him complete the step up from u21's where he's well above other players at that level, and the first team where he's a little underneath at the moment.

With regards to Pistolero's comment, he's still needed in the squad at the moment so there was no chance he was gonna go on loan this season. It was either him or Suso. Next season I'd hope we're in a position to get him out on loan.
« Last Edit: October 3, 2013, 08:33:14 am by ThePeetmix »

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #146 on: October 3, 2013, 08:42:17 am »
It was either him or Suso.

and I'd have gone with the latter - he too flatters to deceive - but he's a bit further down the development line than Raheeem is ...and would have liked to have seen how he'd benefit from the axis of penetration that is Coutinho-Sturridge-Suarez

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: October 3, 2013, 08:47:29 am »

and I'd have gone with the latter - he too flatters to deceive - but he's a bit further down the development line than Raheeem is ...and would have liked to have seen how he'd benefit from the axis of penetration that is Coutinho-Sturridge-Suarez

Both of these posts are steaming horse shit. Suso flatters to deceive? What is he doing at Almeria then? Sterling has regressed between the ages of 17 and 18? Oh my god, what have some of our fans come to? Fuck me

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #148 on: October 3, 2013, 08:50:35 am »
What is he doing at Almeria then?

Flattering to deceive.

Offline ScottScott

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: October 3, 2013, 09:10:00 am »
Flattering to deceive.

Ridiculous

A goal and 2 assists in a team that is struggling in La Liga and has only scored 10 goals is flattering to deceive? He's had a hand in 30% of their goals. I think you just like going against the norm and you're being called out about it

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: October 3, 2013, 09:17:36 am »
the fact is though at this stage he isn't contributing enough to be part of the first XI.
Good thing he isn't then. He's started one game this season, against Notts County (scored a goal, and played surprisingly well at right back when we went down to 10 men), but in the league, he's got around 100 minutes over the 5 appearances he's made. I don't think that is enough time to conclude that he's regressing, but some apparantly believe it is.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #151 on: October 3, 2013, 09:17:53 am »
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: October 3, 2013, 10:30:44 am »
Anyway back to Raheem.. why can't he beat a man anymore or find the right pass?

I think the off-the-field stuff has overshadowed his last 6 months, turned 18, got the big contract, thought he'd 'arrived' and seems to be enjoying the lifestyle too much by all accounts. Need a big strong personality in there to put him in his place, get his head straight again, remind him he's a pro football at LFC not a celebrity and let him know he's nowhere near made it yet.
« Last Edit: October 3, 2013, 10:36:06 am by Bunter »

Offline plskikme

• Kopite
  • What Could Have Been and What Can Be
« Reply #153 on: October 3, 2013, 10:50:59 am »
I find it extremely unfair we for some reason have to take his Notts County performance out of the equation because besides that he's hardly featured at all, and as many point out, as a sub to take out the sting of the game. I get that it's against lower opposition, but if I recall correctly we were still forced into extra time.

Some players "get better" the less they play (Aquilani, Pacheco and Assaidi), evidently Sterling is "suffering" from the opposite syndrome.

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: October 3, 2013, 10:59:48 am »
I think he has a touch of the Djibril's about him in that he's a player you would talk to at length at the side of the pitch - instructing him on what he needs to do - and then he'd go out and essentially do whatever the fuck he wanted. I guess that is my kind way of saying "he's a bit thick". That's his biggest obstacle at making it at a club like ours. I know a lot of dense people have gone on to make great footballers, but they tend to make it up for it with proper game intelligence. I'm unsure whether he has that either. I *am* aware I'm talking about a kid here and I'm probably being a bit harsh - and I also take on board what people say about him being a step above at reserve and u-18 level - but he's got to go a long, long way to make it to the levels his fanboys think he'll hit.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #155 on: October 3, 2013, 11:11:54 am »
I think he has a touch of the Djibril's about him in that he's a player you would talk to at length at the side of the pitch - instructing him on what he needs to do - and then he'd go out and essentially do whatever the fuck he wanted. I guess that is my kind way of saying "he's a bit thick". That's his biggest obstacle at making it at a club like ours. I know a lot of dense people have gone on to make great footballers, but they tend to make it up for it with proper game intelligence. I'm unsure whether he has that either. I *am* aware I'm talking about a kid here and I'm probably being a bit harsh - and I also take on board what people say about him being a step above at reserve and u-18 level - but he's got to go a long, long way to make it to the levels his fanboys think he'll hit.

Sterling's game intelligence is a fair whack above the average for his age, and position, I'd argue.

For a winger he has superb movement off the ball, he doesnt just hug the touchline like the traditionalists either, he loves to come off the wing and make a run through the middle of the defence. Scored a few goals for us doing just that IRRC.

He doesnt really give the ball away cheaply, thats not to say he doesnt ceed possesion, he's a winger and a creative player he's always going to lose the ball. But when he has to simply move the ball on and wait for a better opportunity he generally does just that.

For a player of 18 to play left/right forward and as a wing back. And even as a striker at fleeting points last season and generally look quite good in all of them. I think he's doing alright.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: October 3, 2013, 11:17:06 am »
Sterling's game intelligence is a fair whack above the average for his age, and position, I'd argue.

For a winger he has superb movement off the ball, he doesnt just hug the touchline like the traditionalists either, he loves to come off the wing and make a run through the middle of the defence. Scored a few goals for us doing just that IRRC.

He doesnt really give the ball away cheaply, thats not to say he doesnt ceed possesion, he's a winger and a creative player he's always going to lose the ball. But when he has to simply move the ball on and wait for a better opportunity he generally does just that.

For a player of 18 to play left/right forward and as a wing back. And even as a striker at fleeting points last season and generally look quite good in all of them. I think he's doing alright.

Yup that's why Rodgers is happy to put him in games - he will take the ball to the corner and wind down time, he is excellent at drawing a foul and slowing games so we eat up more seconds.

I do think he needs to go on loan though, it's nothing against his skill or anything bar I think he needs to rediscover that mean streak - that balls to the wall confidence he had when he first came into the team, he used to be a lot more technical/tricky with the ball and had the confidence to take on men, take the shot etc. I think he is now a bit afraid of loosing the ball so plays it safe (not the worst thing)

A loan for 6months would do him wonders I reckon, especially to a Premiership team that plays decent football. His all round game is good enough, he has all the ability and game intelligence, now he just needs to find consistency and become more of a threat - that is better developed by playing 90minutes week in week out.

Offline ScottScott

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: October 3, 2013, 11:46:19 am »
Anyway back to Raheem.. why can't he beat a man anymore or find the right pass?

I think the off-the-field stuff has overshadowed his last 6 months, turned 18, got the big contract, thought he'd 'arrived' and seems to be enjoying the lifestyle too much by all accounts. Need a big strong personality in there to put him in his place, get his head straight again, remind him he's a pro football at LFC not a celebrity and let him know he's nowhere near made it yet.

So basically what you're saying is you're guessing completely that you think he might possibly be a little too much into the 'lifestyle'? Some people

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: October 3, 2013, 11:53:34 am »
If we had enough senior attackers then Sterling would be prime to be loaned out to a Premier League side.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: October 3, 2013, 11:53:37 am »
Thought he was good in his last cameo, won about 4 headers!

He's still got so much time though. That Townsend lad is making a bit of a breakthrough at Spurs and getting a fair amount of acclaim and is 4 years older!