Author Topic: Coutinho  (Read 292345 times)

Offline wordroam

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Coutinho: PFA Player of the Year ?
« Reply #120 on: April 15, 2015, 07:43:14 pm »

kept them in when rest of team were out of form. without him they'd be where spurs are at best. But they have him, just like we had Suarez and I hated people saying well without him they'd be so and so.
Conversely we've had team issues making it difficult to be sure of criticism or praise of individuals.

Has to be said, although Newcastle were crap, Coutinho was really starting to turn on the class. And to me it seemed linked to a team that was looking coherent again.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #121 on: April 15, 2015, 08:08:29 pm »
Next season I think yes.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: April 15, 2015, 09:55:38 pm »
I'd be surprised if he got more than three or four votes.  I think he's been our second best player after Skrtel.

THis^

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: April 15, 2015, 10:05:10 pm »
Don't think he's that good consistently yet to play for Bayern, and Pep is probably leaving in 2016

Maybe sooner....

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: April 16, 2015, 05:34:36 pm »
Been Nominated for both Player of the year and Young player of the year

Offline dmorgan

• Started well, turned out a bit meh.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Going, Going....gone.
« Reply #125 on: April 16, 2015, 06:02:17 pm »
Surprising... Expected to be in young player but not overall

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: April 16, 2015, 06:04:14 pm »
Deserves it. Our best player.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #127 on: April 16, 2015, 06:20:25 pm »
In the grand scheme of things I wonder where Coutinho`s best position is.

Yesterday was a perfect example of where he is as a player. He really looked inspired to play - and truth be told he`s playing on this level in terms of being bright on the ball for months - it was like watching Messi in the way he was making opposition players look like fools. It was an absolute pleasure to watch and he stood out on the pitch but for all his endeavor and effort he had no goals or assists to show for.

He is without the doubt one of the brightest talents in the league which makes his stats of 4 goals and 4 assists even that much more baffling. And that makes me wonder if he`ll be good enough to play for us between the lines in the coming years as he still screams to me being a creator rather than goalscorer.

But then in a deeper position question is does he have the stamina and physicality to cope as in that position you`ll be asked at times to put in a last ditch tackle, sprint back to recover and things like that.

He`s practically the only midfielder we have that can pass early and precisely from a halfway line when we win the ball there and want to launch quick attack against disorganized opposition; and we also have more than few very quick players who can get on the end of that pass and make some damage - Sterling, Ibe, Markovic, Sturridge, Henderson even Moreno. Personally I`m not convinced he can physically cope with demands of playing in central midfield area over the course of the season  - though he certainly proved he can do it at times.

Wonder how people here see him in the long run and do they believe he can do the job for us as an attacking midfielder and get within double digits in both goals and assists columns.

I think he'd be fine if asked to play a little deeper in a midfield 3. He'd still be able to get involved in play in the final 3rd. He also demonstarted the needed grit playing in the midfield diamond last season.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: April 16, 2015, 06:21:24 pm »
Good for him, I think Hazard or de Gea overall for me though. de Gea saved their season and Hazard has been a consistently very strong creative outlet and goalscorer. Chelsea's best player.

Offline Paullfc95

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: April 16, 2015, 06:27:48 pm »
Seen some people questioning his appearance on the list?

It's nominations based on who voted, so clearly the top 6 voted for make up the nominees. We've already seen John Terry's voted for him so plenty of others must have done too.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: April 16, 2015, 06:30:10 pm »
Hazard will more likely win both. He's been Chelsea's consistant performer throughout the season and the reason they'll win the title comfortably.

I'm glad Coutinho has been nominated for both.

Offline Red Sea

• ...has (de)parted.
  • Legacy Fan
  • BR is the hero we need, not the hero we deserve.
« Reply #131 on: April 16, 2015, 06:36:29 pm »
Been good this season. Well done fella.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #132 on: April 16, 2015, 06:47:56 pm »

Depends which half of the season you look at
It's easy to forget but he was one of our poorer players for the first 3/4 months of the season

Still it's nice to see an lfc player on their and he has been sensational since Jan

Offline Halcyon Lissome

• Scallion Homeys, Miscellany Shoo or Nicholas Mosely?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • “We murdered them 0-0.”
« Reply #133 on: April 16, 2015, 07:11:10 pm »
Surprised he got nominated considering the first half of the season; but he has been awesome in the second half which is where I guess most of the voting will be near.

Feels good to have at least a player in the list and I think if he can replicate his current form across the season he'll be a winner some day.

My pick for this season is De Gea. He has been the reason United are anywhere near the top 4. They had been dreadful for so many games and he bailed them out consistently. By far the most influential player for a team this season.
★              ★              ★              ★              ★
The best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: April 16, 2015, 07:15:01 pm »
It's easy to forget but he was one of our poorer players for the first 3/4 months of the season

Still it's nice to see an lfc player on their and he has been sensational since Jan

But what player hasn't had a run of bad form? Kane Hazard maybe all the rest have..

And he was never one of our poorer players.

He was winning our player of the month awards when he was supposedly one of our poorer players?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 07:16:39 pm by Coolie High »

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #135 on: April 16, 2015, 07:19:45 pm »

Because there was no one making the runs, Rodger's decision to play Sterling as a striker coincided with Phil's increased production.
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: April 16, 2015, 07:21:47 pm »
Because there was no one making the runs, Rodger's decision to play Sterling as a striker coincided with Phil's increased production.

And he still wasn't one of our poorer players then, the whole team was poor and he was one of the best of a bad bunch.

Offline Rouge

• Legacy Fan
  • Barnes to Molby!
« Reply #137 on: April 16, 2015, 07:27:32 pm »
But what player hasn't had a run of bad form? Kane Hazard maybe all the rest have..

And he was never one of our poorer players.

He was winning our player of the month awards when he was supposedly one of our poorer players?

Agreed. Embarrassing some of the entries on this thread how many posts saying Phil doesn't deserve to be nominated because he was playing at his current level since AUGUST, how many players can, has Hazard, Costa, even De Gea?
He has been clearly our best player this season and we are currently sitting 5 imo that makes him worthy of selection.
His fellow professionals have nominated him; that means even CFC players are supporting Phil for the PFA award more then some of our own fans, beggers belief.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: April 16, 2015, 07:31:55 pm »
Brilliant recognition for the lad from his peers.

If anything, it's going to do his confidence the world of good which can only be good news for Liverpool

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #139 on: April 16, 2015, 07:34:39 pm »
Just trying to butter him up so they can poach him in the off season!

HANDS OFF OUR MAGICIAN!

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #140 on: April 16, 2015, 08:06:19 pm »
Really chuffed for him. He won't get close to winning but it's still great recognition from fellow players.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline wordroam

• Anny Roader
« Reply #141 on: April 16, 2015, 09:21:18 pm »
Given it a bit of thought - it really is nothing less than  deserved.  Certainly has enough highlights to make a gob-smacking video.

Offline Dubit10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: April 16, 2015, 09:22:56 pm »
Deserves to on the list but won't win. It will be between Hazard and Kane imo. How come de gea is on the list he hasn't been better than Courtios?
Robbie Fowler is God

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: April 16, 2015, 09:34:40 pm »

Skrtel, for me.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: April 16, 2015, 10:11:59 pm »
Skrtel, for me.

Would agree with this, Skrtel for me also.

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: April 16, 2015, 10:27:43 pm »
I agree with this although I too said his form has been patchy. Can't even hold the fact that he didn't score or assist much when he had Lambert,Borini and a unsharp Balotelli in front of him. As soon as he got a striker with movement in front of him he started flourishing. Can't hold that against him. If we do the unthinkable and finish above City or Utd he will be in with a shout if he keeps this form going. Kind of like when Bale won it after lighting up the league pre-Xmas and then going missing for 3/4 months after the new year.

Top player Coutinho

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: April 16, 2015, 10:28:55 pm »
And he still wasn't one of our poorer players then, the whole team was poor and he was one of the best of a bad bunch.
:thumbup

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: April 17, 2015, 12:55:17 am »
I was saying in Oct, Nov, and Dec that Coutinho had been our POTY (some people argued with me that it was Sterling), and that was before he absolutely exploded, so no idea where this view that he was "one of our poorest" has come from.

He was doing good things from day 1 this season.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: April 17, 2015, 02:17:25 am »
Deserves to on the list but won't win. It will be between Hazard and Kane imo. How come de gea is on the list he hasn't been better than Courtios?

De Gea carried Utd for the first half of the season before the rest of their team turned up.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: April 17, 2015, 02:22:07 am »
Not consistent enough for PFA player of the year
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Latenight Surfer

• Legacy Fan
  • Giggity
« Reply #150 on: April 17, 2015, 02:39:56 am »

So was Giggs in 2009 but he fucking went on to win it. It's not like Coutinho will win it now will he?
"Genuine Struggle Leads To Genuine Success" - Yevado Annadle

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: April 17, 2015, 02:58:22 am »

No he won't win. Great boost for him being held in such high esteem though - hopefully one of those career kickers for a young guy with so much potential

Offline Seebab

• hit that post. We winced.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: April 17, 2015, 03:18:03 am »
I was saying in Oct, Nov, and Dec that Coutinho had been our POTY (some people argued with me that it was Sterling), and that was before he absolutely exploded, so no idea where this view that he was "one of our poorest" has come from.

He was doing good things from day 1 this season.

Indeed. It's as mystifying as the myth that Alonso was only good for us in his first and last season with his us and was poor the rest of the seasons.
Some folks are born into a good life
Other folks get it anyway anyhow

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #153 on: April 17, 2015, 03:30:59 am »
With a proper goalscorer Coutinho could be getting 20+ assists a season
Seen us win everything

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: April 17, 2015, 03:34:00 am »
Glad he extended his contract before this happened, imagine what Raheem's agent would do!

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: April 17, 2015, 03:34:11 am »
With a proper goalscorer Coutinho could be getting 20+ assists a season

He had the 2 best scorers in the league in front of him last season and only got 7 assists
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #156 on: April 17, 2015, 03:36:22 am »
He had the 2 best scorers in the league in front of him last season and only got 7 assists
To be fair Suarez created most of his own chances, and set up sturridge quite a bit also. Coutinho also didnt look the player he looks now. I wanna see him play with a world class striker now and see how he sets them up.
Seen us win everything

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: April 17, 2015, 05:17:57 am »
To be fair Suarez created most of his own chances, and set up sturridge quite a bit also. Coutinho also didnt look the player he looks now. I wanna see him play with a world class striker now and see how he sets them up.

He also was out injured for a good chunk of the season after being absolutely assaulted when he was starting to fly :(

Ironically, that was kind of the opening into the team for Sterling to get more games (even when he was playing pretty poorly)

Offline edge

• hill, getting off at...with a dijk still hard...
  • Legacy Fan
  • allright, then..
« Reply #158 on: April 17, 2015, 08:29:35 am »

Imagining Cou in with the Gerrard/Torres partnership of old.. 

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #159 on: April 17, 2015, 08:40:44 am »
Coutinho never looked the same player when he came back from injury last season. Been our best player by a mile over the last 6 months.