Author Topic: Liverpool 1 Blackburn 0 FT- we are Wembley bound!!!  (Read 39061 times)

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Re: Liverpool 1 Blackburn 0 FT- we are Wembley bound!!!
« Reply #520 on: April 9, 2015, 04:13:01 pm »
Who do they replace though? That was our strongest front three, so to put Balotelli in would mean removing one of Sterling, Sturridge or Coutinho in that 4-3-3 shape. To add Can in as well, you're losing one of Allen, Lucas or Henderson. The only viable spot for Can would be right full, which frankly I think he'd be excellent at. But that still leaves no place for Balotelli

I'd drop Allen and put Can there.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #521 on: April 9, 2015, 04:22:38 pm »
Who do they replace though? That was our strongest front three, so to put Balotelli in would mean removing one of Sterling, Sturridge or Coutinho in that 4-3-3 shape. To add Can in as well, you're losing one of Allen, Lucas or Henderson. The only viable spot for Can would be right full, which frankly I think he'd be excellent at. But that still leaves no place for Balotelli

I was going to suggest this. He'd get more use out of his ability in that role too. Would you drop Johnson after player well yesterday though?

Offline GregCharrua

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #522 on: April 9, 2015, 04:30:41 pm »
Not really the place for it, but I am starting to feel a bit of sympathy for Mario. Rodgers, who usually seems to be an excellent man manager, occasionally seems a bit nasty towards players - maybe he has reasons, I don't know. As I know nothing about what's happened off the pitch, I can't really say much about it, but I can't help but think we could be getting more than we are from Mario.

His attitude at least seems much different than when he was at City or even Milan. He seems to genuinely want to do well. His positioning can be poor but he's never looked lazy to my eye. Maybe he won't be a 20+ goals a year striker, but certainly it seems he can be in the 10-15 range and that wouldn't be a terrible return for our investment.

It would be something to be able to turn that ongoing train wreck around... but I get the feeling Rodgers is burning down the house and trying to make sure he's moved on in the summer. Perhaps how he was brought in has always tainted his time here, and with out poor start (which Mario played a part in, not scoring, but it was a team and managerial failure not just his) the ending has been written for some time now...

Anyway.

Missed most of the first half.

Loved that little run in and the finish.. great goal. Want to see Coutinho making more of these.

Last night I had the feeling that there is more to come from some in our squad than we've seen so far. We always look at what's happened, count the missing goals, start listing targets, but often forget Coutinho, Sterling, Henderson, Allen are all so young with room to grow yet. Coutinho is on 6 goals 4 assists in all matches. Sterling on 7 and 8.

My opinion on the whole Sterling saga is shifting too. Would it be any more of a gamble to give him a package like Sturridges than selling him and trying to replace him with a 'ready-made' goal scorer? I think keeping the squad together as it continues to grow is out best chance at a league title in the next 3-5 years, and that means making sure Sturridge, Sterling, Coutinho, Ibe, Henderson, Can, Allen, Sakho are all part of it, IMO.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #523 on: April 9, 2015, 04:42:40 pm »
Great we're in the FA Cup Semi final, however i really don't like the "we are Wembley bound" part of the title. Yes I know the semi's are at Wembley, but there only the semi's.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #524 on: April 9, 2015, 04:46:00 pm »
I was going to suggest this. He'd get more use out of his ability in that role too. Would you drop Johnson after player well yesterday though?

Can is the future, Johnson is more than likely leaving. I'd give the spot to the man who is going to be here next season.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #525 on: April 9, 2015, 04:47:42 pm »
Great we're in the FA Cup Semi final, however i really don't like the "we are Wembley bound" part of the title. Yes I know the semi's are at Wembley, but there only the semi's.

Would you rather "We are London bound" ?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #526 on: April 9, 2015, 04:48:45 pm »
Can is the future, Johnson is more than likely leaving. I'd give the spot to the man who is going to be here next season.

Yes but Can is wasted back there in the end he will be playing further forward, we cant drop Allen  everyone needs a fly keeper .
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #527 on: April 9, 2015, 04:59:14 pm »
Mignolet was amazing.
Has to be said, he's looking better and better with each passing game.

And some people claim this is where he's weak.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline gravy red

• Kopite
« Reply #528 on: April 9, 2015, 04:59:58 pm »
So funny last night. Jamie Carragher with his lad thought he had a nice discreet seat in the corner of the upper last night, obviously he knew there would be some wanting photos and that, but what he didn't really need was the ugly fucking steward telling everyone he showed to their seat that Jamie was in the corner, hence photo/selfie one after he other 😡. Fair play to him though...he never complained or let it show it might be pissing him off. If only there were more like him (on and off the pitch).

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #529 on: April 9, 2015, 05:04:44 pm »
So funny last night. Jamie Carragher with his lad thought he had a nice discreet seat in the corner of the upper last night, obviously he knew there would be some wanting photos and that, but what he didn't really need was the ugly fucking steward telling everyone he showed to their seat that Jamie was in the corner, hence photo/selfie one after he other 😡. Fair play to him though...he never complained or let it show it might be pissing him off. If only there were more like him (on and off the pitch).

He posted a video to his Instagram from up there.

http://ink361.com/app/users/ig-1338212609/23_carra/photos/ig-958855230511433949_1338212609

Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #530 on: April 10, 2015, 01:56:48 am »
Markovic, Can.

Shit ref.
Jones, ((utd game, 2 reds).  Williamson (last night, knee in back of head, hand in face, twice, and a little stamp, but nevermind)

Can refs be that shit without putting effort in?

And ref booked Sterling at end, for dribbling ball away. Didn't realise till tonight.

It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #531 on: April 10, 2015, 02:08:01 am »
Let's hope they all do.  ;D

I think that's something we will all agree on HC :scarf

Offline DaveCharlie

• RAWK Hidden Gem #1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Former Formbyite, in Australia, was back, now NZ
« Reply #532 on: April 10, 2015, 06:48:05 am »
Not really the place for it, but I am starting to feel a bit of sympathy for Mario. Rodgers, who usually seems to be an excellent man manager, occasionally seems a bit nasty towards players - maybe he has reasons, I don't know. As I know nothing about what's happened off the pitch, I can't really say much about it, but I can't help but think we could be getting more than we are from Mario.

His attitude at least seems much different than when he was at City or even Milan. He seems to genuinely want to do well. His positioning can be poor but he's never looked lazy to my eye. Maybe he won't be a 20+ goals a year striker, but certainly it seems he can be in the 10-15 range and that wouldn't be a terrible return for our investment.

It would be something to be able to turn that ongoing train wreck around... but I get the feeling Rodgers is burning down the house and trying to make sure he's moved on in the summer. Perhaps how he was brought in has always tainted his time here, and with out poor start (which Mario played a part in, not scoring, but it was a team and managerial failure not just his) the ending has been written for some time now...

Balotelli has been sick (virus/fever) and before that he was injured. Nothing to do with Rodgers freezing him out per se.

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #533 on: April 10, 2015, 09:58:18 am »
Would you rather "We are London bound" ?

'Anfield South' ?
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #534 on: April 10, 2015, 07:54:53 pm »
'Anfield South' ?
Christ if Anfield ever becomes like Wembley (not what you said admittedly) I might start going the Tranmere games. £18 fish & Chips in a carton anyone?
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline muffin the mule

• A good 'un.
  • Kopite
« Reply #535 on: April 12, 2015, 01:48:35 pm »
http://www.youcaring.com/memorial-fundraiser/anne-williams-memorial...

Will be around the concourse collecting on Sunday and handing out leaflets.

Feel free to donate
Justice for the 97, the families and the survivors

Online Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #536 on: April 12, 2015, 01:52:28 pm »
Been walking water for 3 days now. Can't wait to get to Wembley next weekend.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #537 on: April 14, 2015, 07:31:45 pm »
Didn't want this thread to end without a mention of their manager's pronunciation of our little Brasilian. He called him Cunteenyo in the post match interview. He may have scored against you mate, but no need to get all abusive like.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"