Author Topic: 2014-15 Loan Watch  (Read 167709 times)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: 2014-15 Loan Watch
« Reply #720 on: April 12, 2015, 05:02:06 pm »
Origi's miss

https://twitter.com/ThoseScouseLads/status/587281319928934401

Will fit in here with our finishing ability. Will probably want 100k after a year.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #721 on: April 12, 2015, 10:54:19 pm »
'Divock has asked me all about Liverpool'

The recent international break gave an excited Divock Origi the perfect opportunity to quiz compatriot Simon Mignolet on exactly what to expect when he makes the move to Liverpool this summer.

Nine months have passed since the Reds sealed a deal with Lille to sign the Belgian international striker, who had been tracked by the club for a number of years before the switch was arranged.

Part of the transfer involved Origi remaining with the French side on loan for the current season and he has contributed seven league goals so far - including four in his last three appearances.

With the campaign nearing a conclusion, though, it won't be long before the 19-year-old sets up residence on Merseyside and begins to hone his natural goalscoring ability under Brendan Rodgers.

"When I spoke to him about the pre-season tour, the city, the club, Anfield and the supporters, he was really excited to come over," Mignolet explained to Liverpoolfc.com.

"I have spoken with him a fair few times about next season, pre-season and how he is going to settle in - not only at the club, but also in the city.

"He is looking forward to the pre-season tour and asked me what that's about because he's heard many things about that, and I told him no different.

"He's looking forward to next season and I think he'll be ready for the team when he comes in."

Much in the way that Lucas Leiva helped Philippe Coutinho acclimatise to England, and Jose Enrique has supported Spanish recruits, Mignolet plans to be a go-to guide for Origi.

The goalkeeper is keen to ensure his international teammate can hit the ground running upon his arrival, though he equally highlighted the forward's depth of experience already.

"I'll always be there if he needs me," said the No.22. "But he's more than mature enough, he has played professional football since he was very young and he is an international footballer, so that will help.

"I'm sure he's got more than enough experience. But if he needs a helping hand, I'll always be ready to help him out."

Origi drew acclaim for his performances at the World Cup in Brazil a year ago, with Liverpool overcoming serious competition to successfully capture his signature.

Mignolet added: "He's only a young player but I'm sure, from what I've seen in training with him, that he's a very good player and will do really well for us.

"He's very quick, he's got skill, he can hold the ball up and score a goal as well - what else do you want from a striker?

"He's got a good attitude to work hard in training, which is always important; he's willing to learn and accepts advice. I can only speak in good terms about him."

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/183416-divock-has-asked-me-all-about-liverpool
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline BassTunedToRed

• This X-Axis goes up to 11.
  • Kopite
    • Bass Tuned To Red
« Reply #722 on: April 13, 2015, 09:58:12 am »
Origi's miss

https://twitter.com/ThoseScouseLads/status/587281319928934401

At least he made it there to miss it. Balo and Lambert wouldn't have!

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #723 on: April 15, 2015, 12:17:11 am »
Was at Brighton tonight with a Huddersfield-supporting mate of mine.

Teixera looked lively, the away end were clearly scared of him based on some overheard conversations. Sadly, his game ended early after he was stretchered off in the second half, apparently having twisted his ankle badly in the turf - although it was in the process of an awful, late tackle from behind designed purely to bring down a Town player running ahead of him.

If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #724 on: April 15, 2015, 10:20:25 am »
Shit, doesn't sound good that. :(
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #725 on: April 15, 2015, 12:05:54 pm »
Broken leg now being reported. :(
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #727 on: April 15, 2015, 12:30:38 pm »
Wow that's unfortunate.  :(
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #728 on: April 15, 2015, 01:05:18 pm »
Bloody hell poor lad. Beset with injurys isnt he? Anyone know how bad a break it is?
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline AnfieldCat

• All Hail the Sworn Enemy of WoodisonDog!
  • Kopite
« Reply #729 on: April 15, 2015, 01:07:04 pm »
Awful news for the lad after a bright spell there. Hope he recovers well.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #730 on: April 15, 2015, 01:56:02 pm »
Shame about Teixera. Hopefully it is just a small fracture and heals quickly.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Jonny-LFC

• Kopite
  • Yorkshire Red
« Reply #731 on: April 15, 2015, 02:37:07 pm »
Huddersfield fan at work - "got what he deserved for the challenge"
@JonnYNWA

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #732 on: April 15, 2015, 02:48:04 pm »
hope he's back in time for pre-season. could be a decent squad player for us next year with Gerrard leaving. (if we dont sign anyone in this position.
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline Perseus

• Anny Roader
« Reply #733 on: April 15, 2015, 03:17:32 pm »

I think Tex was injured earlier as he was holding just above his right ankle after one of the many fouls on him. Town were playing ultra-defensive for a 0-0 draw. Tex took a long time to find a key pass to unlock their defence. Closed down very quickly and his lack of physical strength sometimes showed against physical opponents.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #734 on: April 15, 2015, 03:28:12 pm »

Give him a crack from me please ;)
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Online Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #735 on: April 15, 2015, 03:29:13 pm »
Gutted for the lad.

Really hoping he gets a chance at the club when he's back.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #736 on: April 19, 2015, 01:50:37 pm »

Lille vs Bordeaux currently.

Illori(Bordeaux) starts but Origi(Lille) is on the bench.

Currently Lille is leading.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #737 on: April 20, 2015, 05:03:55 pm »
Danny Ward's loan spell at Morecambe has ended, he's back at Liverpool for the end of the season.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #738 on: April 21, 2015, 08:34:21 pm »

Offline Jules77

• Kopite
  • Spirit of Shankly member
« Reply #739 on: April 25, 2015, 05:02:45 pm »
Yep, fuck  :(

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/liverpool-fc-youngster-joao-carlos-9048807

ah what, I came on here to check the score and then see this! I'm leaving before I see anything else to ruin my day.

Offline kevin87

• Kopite
« Reply #740 on: May 2, 2015, 04:02:32 am »
So i guess its the time of the year when we start having a look at the futures of our loanees. So here is a list of lads that have been on loan for either a full season or Short loan

Brad Smith  - Swindon. Probably be on his way
Andre Wisdom - West Brom. currently not really getting a game but i would like to see him here next year as an option. especially in a back 3 i think he could do well.
Joao Carlos Texeira - Received brighton young player of the year however suffered a broken leg to end his season. Would like to see him here as a squad option. Save spending 8 million on a squad player.
Luis Alberto  - Espanyol. Gone
Divock Origi - Lille's - obviously keep. Huge future
Tiago Ilori  - Bordeaux recovered from early season set backs to get some reasonable minutes. could be a good option. Apparently he's rapid
Iago Aspas - Gone
Sebastian Coates - Gone. - hasnt done much at Sunderland.
Jerome Sinclair - Wigan -  didn't really get many minutes but i think the general consensus is to keep him round and have a good look at him in pre season
Ojo - Had some really good moments at Wigan. I feel he would have got many more assist stats if they had someone who could put the ball in the net. Keep. could gt debut before end of season
Jack Dunn - Cheltenham/ Burton Albion -  scored a few nice goals early at Cheltenham before injury...again.. ended his good run. Currently at burton Albion where his minutes have been limited. next year is a big season for him. needs to stay fit.
Jordan Williams -  Notts county - 7 appearances - think he shows a lot of promise and would like to see him on a pre season tour.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #741 on: May 3, 2015, 03:00:33 pm »
Origi scored for Lille today

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #742 on: May 3, 2015, 03:39:42 pm »

Online B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #743 on: May 3, 2015, 03:41:31 pm »
Ha. We haven't scored that type of goal too many times this season.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #744 on: May 3, 2015, 03:46:47 pm »
Ha. We haven't scored that type of goal too many times this season.

Huh? A pass across the goal? Yes we have.

Alberto is at Malaga at the minute by the way not Espanyol, kevin, but he along with Aspas seem to be getting limited minutes. Hopefully someone will take them as I can't see either fitting here.

Your Texeira point is a good one, we need to make use of these youth players. Rather than have someone like Borini on the bench, why not Sinclair? A striker who gets about 10 minutes every 5 games!
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #745 on: May 3, 2015, 03:53:26 pm »
Huh? A pass across the goal? Yes we have.

Alberto is at Malaga at the minute by the way not Espanyol, kevin, but he along with Aspas seem to be getting limited minutes. Hopefully someone will take them as I can't see either fitting here.

Your Texeira point is a good one, we need to make use of these youth players. Rather than have someone like Borini on the bench, why not Sinclair? A striker who gets about 10 minutes every 5 games!

I genuinely can't think of many easy goals we've scored like that, from a striker following a move and edging in front to tap in. If we have scored a lot, we certainly could have scored more, given we haven't had that type of striker playing most of the season.

Online B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #746 on: May 3, 2015, 04:01:08 pm »
It wasn't a special goal like, just my first thought was we haven't had a striker come on and lead the line in a manner that lends itself to a simple conversion like that

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #747 on: May 3, 2015, 04:10:24 pm »
Ah okay you meant with the striker pushing into the area like that. I was gonna say, we have had a few balls across the box converted this season. Get what you mean now
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline kevin87

• Kopite
« Reply #748 on: May 4, 2015, 02:58:20 am »
It wasn't a special goal like, just my first thought was we haven't had a striker come on and lead the line in a manner that lends itself to a simple conversion like that

Its a nice finish in the way that he is charging through the centre of the box on a counter attack. We have seen bugger all of that this season bar sterling's occasional goals in this manner.

Really excited to see him in our system however dont want to put too much pressure on the lad. Id take 7-10 goals out of him next season.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #749 on: May 4, 2015, 09:01:00 am »
Its a nice finish in the way that he is charging through the centre of the box on a counter attack. We have seen bugger all of that this season bar sterling's occasional goals in this manner.

Really excited to see him in our system however dont want to put too much pressure on the lad. Id take 7-10 goals out of him next season.

Lol, if he scores 8 he'd already match borini, Balotelli, Lambert, AND Sturridges total this season. No pressure 😂

Offline JSteve

• Channelling Baldrick.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #750 on: May 4, 2015, 09:50:46 am »
Lol, if he scores 8 he'd already match borini, Balotelli, Lambert, AND Sturridges total this season. No pressure 😂

He can get 8 goals for us though. He makes quite a few runs towards either post anticipating the ball whereas our current batch of strikers(not Sturridge) are all reactive and hence are always one step behind the ball.

Offline BassTunedToRed

• This X-Axis goes up to 11.
  • Kopite
    • Bass Tuned To Red
« Reply #751 on: May 4, 2015, 02:55:39 pm »
This has a better vid of the latest Origi goal

http://www.goal-247.com/FootballVideos/View/11232/Lille-OSC-3-1-RC-Lens--Divock-Origi-goal

You can see the whole counter attacking move, and it better shows his movement away from the defender in the box

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #752 on: May 4, 2015, 02:58:45 pm »
I reckon Lambert or Borini would have gotten 8 this season had they started regularly. Just because they have the desire to score.

Origi will be looking forward to getting on the pitch for us so much, I can see him making a good impact.

Offline kevin87

• Kopite
« Reply #753 on: May 5, 2015, 12:32:55 am »
He's got 8 in all comps this year so far, if he was here this year i think he would have got maybe more with the amount of chances we create.

Offline asif_00013

• Anny Roader
« Reply #754 on: May 5, 2015, 04:03:23 am »
thats 8 league goals and 1 in Europe

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #755 on: May 9, 2015, 07:15:33 am »
Top young player is Divock Origi. He'll score 15 in the league with us next season, I am convinced of it. This Lille is absolutely dreadful at creating chances and thats all that is holding him back. Also, I've made my peace with the eventuality that Origi will be our main forward next year and that we'll cock up in the market once again.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #756 on: May 9, 2015, 02:35:45 pm »
Coates playing the whole match for Sunderland v Everton. He's put in a very assured display indeed. Composed. He's been helped by Sunderland sitting ridiculously deep, but overall and impressive performance.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #757 on: May 9, 2015, 02:48:16 pm »
Great performance by Coates. Hopefully Advocaat gives him the chance he deserves.
Seen us win everything

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #758 on: May 9, 2015, 02:50:11 pm »
Great performance by Coates. Hopefully Advocaat buys him

Fixed for ya :D

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #759 on: May 9, 2015, 03:04:44 pm »
Fixed for ya :D