Author Topic: 2014-15 Loan Watch  (Read 167736 times)

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
Re: 2014-15 Loan Watch
« Reply #200 on: November 15, 2014, 12:33:55 am »
I laugh at people who want Origi in January. He's not gonna come into a new team and score 15 goals to get us 4th. Its just unrealistic. We don't create enough chances for him to benefit on. Leave the lad alone until the summer, let him come to Melwood get settled, get to know the city all that good stuff and then put him on the pitch. He doesn't need any extra pressure and forwards are not our main concern. When we sign Firmino, Reus, and Schurle in January were gonna win the league  ;D Keep calm lads.
Seen us win everything

Offline Obviously

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #201 on: November 15, 2014, 01:43:40 am »
We only say that because we`re desperate to get a good striker in - for me it`s a bit selfish. If we are so desperate we should get a senior striker in January rather than putting unnecessary pressure on a 19-year old. We don`t even learn from Sterling situation who we drafted from a supporting cast to a leading role and as a result we have him stagnating last month or two instead of kicking on because again we`re putting unnecessary pressure on him to be our go to guy - a boy who is still developing physically and mentally.

We don't have to put pressure on him to be our saviour, but he can be a good option as a supporting cast. As of right now Sterling and Balotelli are getting all the pressure. Get Sturridge back and Origi as an option and we can ease some of the pressure on the former two, which could help them perform better. His versatility would also be welcomed, and i can see him playing in a fitting as a partner with all our strikers. Getting Origi now could also help him to perform at a higher level next season because he's already settled. Some players also thrive on more pressure, and it doesnt necessarily mean it will hurt his development. Im not saying its the right decision to get him in january, but its more complicated than just saying we shouldn't get him because it will put pressure on him.

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #202 on: November 15, 2014, 09:56:09 pm »
No. 

You're delusional if you think a 19 year old who hasn't trained with the club can come in cold and make a useful contribution to the first team.
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline deadsetred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: November 15, 2014, 11:18:01 pm »
He did but he played behind two world-class strikers and this season with the series of bad decisions we got ourselves into the position where a 19-year old is our go to guy. And that`s my point these guys should be supporting cast, playing here and there , having regular rest but with Origi it sounds like we want him early so he can solve our trouble especially in case if Daniel gets injured again which I`m sure people here wouldn`t be brave to bet against.

That's a good point. Theres a massive difference between playing a kid alongside a bunch of star players, and playing that kid AS the star player

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: November 16, 2014, 12:14:18 am »
No. 

You're delusional if you think a 19 year old who hasn't trained with the club can come in cold and make a useful contribution to the first team.

I wonder if Coutinho in 2012/13 was thinking he should wait until July to join. After all it's delusional to think someone young can make a useful contribution to the first team.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: November 16, 2014, 05:03:47 pm »
Origi starting ahead of Lukaku and Benteke again for Belgium in their qualifier and some people still think he's not good enough to play a part here yet  :duh

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #206 on: November 17, 2014, 01:38:18 am »
...Which resulted in a 0-0 draw against a 34th ranked Wales side.  Belgium is ranked 4th. 

Origi played as the lone forward in a 4-5-1.
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: November 17, 2014, 04:17:17 am »
I wonder if Coutinho in 2012/13 was thinking he should wait until July to join. After all it's delusional to think someone young can make a useful contribution to the first team.

Even now Coutinho has not sealed a permanent starting place in the first 11. Players of that age will need time to grow and improve.

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: November 17, 2014, 04:17:56 am »
Origi starting ahead of Lukaku and Benteke again for Belgium in their qualifier and some people still think he's not good enough to play a part here yet  :duh

Origi has seemed to excel more playing wide than as a lone CF thus far.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: November 17, 2014, 04:40:02 am »
Even now Coutinho has not sealed a permanent starting place in the first 11. Players of that age will need time to grow and improve.

.............and the goal post shifts. I thought the bench mark was useful contribution. Are you trying to suggest Coutinho didn't have a useful contribution immediately after his arrival in January? Personally I thought he did and while it's unreasonable to suggest Origi will match that, I don't think it's unreasonable to hold the belief that we could make use of him if we could arrange to get him in Jan.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: November 17, 2014, 08:40:22 am »
Need a striker-have one on our books who can contribute-bring him in.

I don't see the argument against it at all, unless we are signing someone else. Its not like any of our current forwards are going to keep Origi out of the team.

Offline SquirrelandGman

• 24 Hour Party People Plastic Face Carnt Smile (White Out)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Shagging a sheep somewhere.
« Reply #211 on: November 17, 2014, 08:44:17 am »
Get origi in.ASAP. In fact he shouldnt have been loaned back in the first place.

We might not have needed balotelli if he had stayed here initially. Silly negotiations imo

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: November 17, 2014, 08:44:42 am »
Even if Origi only plays a bit part for the remainder of the season he will gain valuable experience and start the transition to Liverpool.. Instead he'll be far more ready by next season than coming in cold at summer.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #213 on: November 17, 2014, 10:33:12 am »
Heaven forbid he may even offer more of a goal threat than the 3 incumbents who so far have not managed a PL goal between them.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #214 on: November 17, 2014, 01:44:42 pm »
we could definitely do with someone who can stretch the play and give our MF some space to play.

why not origi?  he's a big boy playing international football.

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: November 17, 2014, 01:47:34 pm »
we could definitely do with someone who can stretch the play and give our MF some space to play.

why not origi?  he's a big boy playing international football.

Yeah I am not sure why he is good enough to be a starter for the team ranked 4th in the world but it is laughable to suggest he might be a useful option for a, currently, mid table premier league team whose available strikers have 0 league goals between them.
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #216 on: November 17, 2014, 02:16:15 pm »
Its silly business to pay more money for a player that is already ours!!!!!! FFS Lads just leave him alone till the summer. Our frailties are in the midfield, defense, and BR's stubborn lone striker tactic. We don't create chances for Mario and we play him in a role where he can't excel. Now with Sturridge back we will see a more dynamic level of play like we showed against Tottentham. Leave this kid alone and let him finish his loan spell.
Seen us win everything

Offline JustDan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: November 17, 2014, 03:16:48 pm »
Get origi in.ASAP. In fact he shouldnt have been loaned back in the first place.

We might not have needed balotelli if he had stayed here initially. Silly negotiations imo
Maybe because Lille refused to make a deal unless they could keep him for the coming season?
Why does the fault always have to lie on our side?

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #218 on: November 17, 2014, 03:29:41 pm »
Its silly business to pay more money for a player that is already ours!!!!!! FFS Lads just leave him alone till the summer. Our frailties are in the midfield, defense, and BR's stubborn lone striker tactic. We don't create chances for Mario and we play him in a role where he can't excel. Now with Sturridge back we will see a more dynamic level of play like we showed against Tottentham. Leave this kid alone and let him finish his loan spell.

why is it silly?  we need a striker and paying extra for origi would the equivalent of a loan fee.  instant competition and perhaps a starters role for a  player we've tracked for a couple of seasons.  this strikes me as a no brainer if we can get lille to play ball.

Online Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #219 on: November 17, 2014, 05:58:13 pm »
why is it silly?  we need a striker and paying extra for origi would the equivalent of a loan fee.  instant competition and perhaps a starters role for a  player we've tracked for a couple of seasons.  this strikes me as a no brainer if we can get lille to play ball.

Indeed, it's a lot more sensible to bring forward Origi's integration than to pay out for yet another stop gap.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: November 17, 2014, 06:08:09 pm »
Rodgers has spoken so highly of Origi, I think it would be a stranger decision if he wasn't the striker we decided to go for in January.

The other options are a stop-gap (who is there?) or someone that would block his progress when he'd come in the summer.

If we're going to get a striker in January then it should be bringing Origi here early. If we're not then fair enough, fingers crossed Sturridge stays fit as we don't have the personnel to play one up front or two up front without him.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 06:09:43 pm by Bakez0151 »

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: November 17, 2014, 10:04:22 pm »
Imagine the comments here if we paid another 10 million for a player we already own and he didn't immediately make an impact (which is quite possible since he's only 19 and playing in a weaker league) ;D

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: November 17, 2014, 10:09:11 pm »
Indeed, it's a lot more sensible to bring forward Origi's integration than to pay out for yet another stop gap.

Why do we have to target a "stop gap," though?
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Lolo

• Ex Kop STH marooned on a tropical beach observing bronzed beauties. In dire need of a decent English pint.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • non progredi est regredi
« Reply #223 on: November 18, 2014, 02:12:06 am »
Yeah I am not sure why he is good enough to be a starter for the team ranked 4th in the world but it is laughable to suggest he might be a useful option for a, currently, mid table premier league team whose available strikers have 0 league goals between them.

I tend to agree with this, but I'm sure in my mind that the reason we were able to actually sign him was on the basis on the loan-back....otherwise the deal wouldn't have gone through.
If Lille decide that he isn't making a big-enough impact with them, and we wave a few crisp bank notes in front of them, then by all means bring him in! The ball is basically in their court.

Offline Gerrard#1

• Playing goalie would combat his decreasing mobility, and vastly improve distribution at the back. Somebody's watching me.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: November 18, 2014, 06:43:28 am »
Has Origi really proven himself yet? He could easily come over and do no better than Balotelli. He isn't a consistent goalscorer from what I've seen and he isn't standing out in a rubbish Lille team so how is he going to help a poorly preforming PL team.
Quote from: jillc
If you ask Gerrard #1 he'll probably be able to tell us who we're getting. I hear he is good with the crystal ball.

Quote from: Gerrard#1
Coutinho is our best player he will be world class one day and will end up playing for Barca or Real.

Offline Gerrard#1

• Playing goalie would combat his decreasing mobility, and vastly improve distribution at the back. Somebody's watching me.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: November 18, 2014, 06:45:56 am »
Why do we have to target a "stop gap," though?

Couldn't we just try and loan a decent striker for 6 months? Maybe one that is under performing or leaving at the end of the season and wants to try his luck here?
Quote from: jillc
If you ask Gerrard #1 he'll probably be able to tell us who we're getting. I hear he is good with the crystal ball.

Quote from: Gerrard#1
Coutinho is our best player he will be world class one day and will end up playing for Barca or Real.

Offline liverpooll

• I am right, you are wrong, despite all the evidence to the contrary. Just does not get it. Also does not get that he does not get it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: November 18, 2014, 07:11:29 am »
You should see Markovic videos last season at Benifica, he was very good. Yet, at LFC currently, he looks a out of touch.

Origi is a similar case, performance in another league certainly doesn't  automatically translate equally at LFC.

Both players can be very good for us but they certainly aren't as good or proven that many here believe.

Offline KennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: November 18, 2014, 07:13:26 am »

Has Origi really proven himself yet? He could easily come over and do no better than Balotelli. He isn't a consistent goalscorer from what I've seen and he isn't standing out in a rubbish Lille team so how is he going to help a poorly preforming PL team.

Nail on head, this lads getting better the more our strikers under perform.

I think it's a lot of pressure on him if he's expected to swing our season around in Jan, like I do Sturridge although at least he's already established here.

We should be looking for a good, proven loan with a view to buy IMO.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: November 18, 2014, 07:34:24 am »
You should see Markovic videos last season at Benifica, he was very good. Yet, at LFC currently, he looks a out of touch.

Origi is a similar case, performance in another league team certainly doesn't  automatically translate equally at LFC.

Both players can be very good for us but they certainly aren't as good or proven that many here believe.

Slight correction...

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: November 18, 2014, 07:36:48 am »
Couldn't we just try and loan a decent striker for 6 months? Maybe one that is under performing or leaving at the end of the season and wants to try his luck here?

I imagine if we hadn't bought him already, Balotelli at Milan would have been a contender for fitting that description.

My point: bringing in new players can't be removely guaranteed to translate directly to great performances.

It would be nice for someone who can play the Sturridge role when Sturridge is injured, as we don't really have that atm (I thought Borini maybe, but we've never played him there so it's kind of irrelevant)

Offline BassTunedToRed

• This X-Axis goes up to 11.
  • Kopite
    • Bass Tuned To Red
« Reply #230 on: November 18, 2014, 09:30:42 am »
It would be nice for someone who can play the Sturridge role when Sturridge is injured

I think that's exactly what Remy was going to do...

I'm in two minds over Origi. I don't think he'll add all that much if he joins in January but at least he'd be bedded in to the squad for the start of next season, and he couldn't do much worse than our other non-Sturridge striking options. But I do think there'll be a lot of pressure on him to perform immediately, which won't be helpful.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #231 on: November 18, 2014, 10:05:05 am »
Divock Origi #27 @DivockOrigi  ·  8 minutes ago

Hi guys,I just wanted to clarify after today's press reports that I will continue to give my all &100% for Lille over the coming months(1/2)

Divock Origi #27 @DivockOrigi  ·  8 minutes ago

and I am very much looking forward to joining Liverpool from next season.(2/2)
Erm, and the bit where he says he's not coming? [emoji56]

Offline Juliman

• Kopite
« Reply #232 on: November 19, 2014, 03:10:20 pm »
I laugh at people who want Origi in January. He's not gonna come into a new team and score 15 goals to get us 4th. Its just unrealistic. We don't create enough chances for him to benefit on. Leave the lad alone until the summer, let him come to Melwood get settled, get to know the city all that good stuff and then put him on the pitch. He doesn't need any extra pressure and forwards are not our main concern. When we sign Firmino, Reus, and Schurle in January were gonna win the league  ;D Keep calm lads.

I don't think it's guaranteed that he would hit the ground running, but your point is just as 'laughable' to be honest.

Who knows, he might score a hat trick in every game for the rest of the season, or score none. My point is, he would definitely be an improvement on what we have at the moment.

Offline child-in-time

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: November 19, 2014, 04:12:07 pm »
I don't think it's guaranteed that he would hit the ground running, but your point is just as 'laughable' to be honest.

Who knows, he might score a hat trick in every game for the rest of the season, or score none. My point is, he would definitely be an improvement on what we have at the moment.

How do you know Origi would definitely be an improvement on what we have? He's 19, raw and will need time (which I don't think he will get in reasonable amoutn if he comes in January) to adapt to the team and more importantly, to the league. Put Balotelli in Ligue 1 and he will definitely look better than he is with us. Same goes about Borini. Judging on a player's performances in a completely different (and of a lower quality) league is not a good measure wheter he is ready or not to make the next step earlier than agreed.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: November 19, 2014, 10:12:34 pm »

Imagine the comments here if we paid another 10 million for a player we already own and he didn't immediately make an impact (which is quite possible since he's only 19 and playing in a weaker league) ;D

And then loaning him back to Lille next year while paying his salary ;)

Seriously though, I always said Origi and Can will be our best signings. Origi will be a fan favorite here.

Online Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #235 on: November 22, 2014, 03:41:34 pm »
Ibe's apparently just scored another great goal for Derby.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: November 22, 2014, 03:44:24 pm »
Ibe is 1 bright light on a grim horizon i feel.
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #237 on: November 22, 2014, 03:46:20 pm »
Ibe is 1 bright light on a grim horizon i feel.

Even ignoring the melodrama in your post, we've plenty of great youth prospects of which Ibe is just one.

Offline Aceldama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: November 22, 2014, 03:50:11 pm »
Ibe has scored more goals this season than any other Liverpool player. Looks like that loan is working really well for him.

edit: https://vine.co/v/OJL7ZdBzPK9

Brilliant hit
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 03:59:48 pm by Aceldama »

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: November 22, 2014, 03:59:21 pm »
Ibe has scored more goals this season than any other Liverpool player. Looks like that loan is working really well for him.

We should be hoping to hell that Derby go up this season too. Him getting a chance to have regular games in the Prem would absolutely be perfect for him.